Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

stalling before the final story mission on my third character trying to unlock their 3rd subclass first and i've gone from like level 15 to 20, and still have something like 50% to go. i think this happened with both my other characters too. was bungie deliberately trying to make it so you completed the story campaign before unlocking the 3rd subclass or what?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZombyDog
Jul 11, 2001

Ere to fix yer gubbinz

Cowcaster posted:

stalling before the final story mission on my third character trying to unlock their 3rd subclass first and i've gone from like level 15 to 20, and still have something like 50% to go. i think this happened with both my other characters too. was bungie deliberately trying to make it so you completed the story campaign before unlocking the 3rd subclass or what?

Pretty sure that's a no, in contrast both my second and third characters hit level 20 with their third subclass sorted by Io.

Thursday Next
Jan 11, 2004

FUCK THE ISLE OF APPLES. FUCK THEM IN THEIR STUPID ASSES.
thanks!

Thursday Next fucked around with this message at 01:40 on Nov 20, 2017

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Thursday Next posted:

Can someone get me in Hot Dog or another overflow? I'm Hyzenthlay#1507.

Apply and I’ll approve!

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer

Cowcaster posted:

That's how it went for my first character too. The other two I just went to 20 before finishing the campaign.

Thursday Next
Jan 11, 2004

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

Apply and I’ll approve!

Yep, I already applied on https://www.bungie.net/en/ClanV2?groupId=2120274.

autistic cum slut
Jun 3, 2011
I joined Goon Squid Europa on the Bungie site and was approved but the Discord link in the OP doesn't work.

Can someone post a new link for the Discord?

Thanks!

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.
AMA about losing 14 consecutive Quickplay games.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Datasmurf posted:

I believe he has to have a clan who does all the fun content for those. His clan mostly seems to do strikes, and that's about it.
The only powerful engram that directly requires a clan just requires you to get clan XP. Everything can either be done solo (flashpoint, crucible, clan XP) or through LFG sites/discords (nightfall, raid).

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Jeza posted:

How do you fight the urge to not delete your bnet account.

Related: I still laugh at my friend's attempt at trials, in which he lost 10 consecutive matches without winning a single round.

HATECUBE
Mar 2, 2007

ama about wrecking poo poo and having a good ol time in cru then trying to trials with my 8 person clan of friends and losing 7 in a row

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

Ironically I have good Trials stats. But I have one weird trick that makes Lord Shaxx hate me.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
I'm at the point I only need to log on to raid. I got all the guns I want and the only stuff I still want comes from the raid. Feels good, feels just like destiny but better now that the guns don't have to be perfect. All characters are 304-305 light.

Thursday Next
Jan 11, 2004

thanks!

Thursday Next fucked around with this message at 01:40 on Nov 20, 2017

Murgos
Oct 21, 2010
Geistler, thanks for the raid. Was a good time, I’ll suck less next time (also had my son sleeping on my lap for a chunk of it. )

Not sure what happened with my mic, it was fine before we started.

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

So, what are the penalties for leaving a clan? And are there any more goon clans accepting?

My current clan is cool and all, but they get way too butthurt/serious about raid, and they never touch PvP. It's getting kinda dumb for people blaming me on wiping raid despite doing everything I'm told and not dying instantly to ads.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Jeza posted:

my only question is why did you keep playing crucible after the first few

QuasiQuack
Jun 13, 2010

Ducks hockey baybee

J.A.B.C. posted:

So, what are the penalties for leaving a clan? And are there any more goon clans accepting?

My current clan is cool and all, but they get way too butthurt/serious about raid, and they never touch PvP. It's getting kinda dumb for people blaming me on wiping raid despite doing everything I'm told and not dying instantly to ads.

They sure don't sound cool

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

Cowcaster posted:

my only question is why did you keep playing crucible after the first few

Takes like 7 losses to earn the Engram, but also there's nothing else to do in the game kinda.

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

QuasiQuack posted:

They sure don't sound cool

Prestige raid has people on edge. Two hours on the gauntlet so far.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

J.A.B.C. posted:

Lol those guys sound lovely as hell.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

J.A.B.C. posted:

Wait, are they right and you suck big time??? I can't tell from this.

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!

J.A.B.C. posted:

protip: if the people you are playing with can’t take responsibility for failure (and indeed, if they don’t volunteer that responsibility), they are not “cool”

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

You need to play with cool people. This game is casual.

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

cvnvcnv posted:

Wait, are they right and you suck big time??? I can't tell from this.

I suck at PVP, don't get me wrong. But we had people dying to ads, and I asked if we could do anything different. Switching sides, changing order, weapon loadouts. I get in response 'well, we're talking about stuff and you aren't listening'.

Past stuff was 'Dude, I can't kill these centurions'

So, yeah, any penalties for leaving a guild?

Glans Dillzig
Nov 23, 2011

:justpost::justpost::justpost::justpost::justpost::justpost::justpost::justpost:

knickerbocker expert

J.A.B.C. posted:

I suck at PVP, don't get me wrong. But we had people dying to ads, and I asked if we could do anything different. Switching sides, changing order, weapon loadouts. I get in response 'well, we're talking about stuff and you aren't listening'.

Past stuff was 'Dude, I can't kill these centurions'

So, yeah, any penalties for leaving a guild?

No

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Riskrunner + devour + fallen public events just feel wrong in the best possible way. Just good stupid fun.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Shifty Pony posted:

Riskrunner + devour + fallen public events just feel wrong in the best possible way. Just good stupid fun.

Same but cluster rockets.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Shifty Pony posted:

It used to every event on my titan...but they fixed your own grenades triggering Arc Conductor

Papa Was A Video Toaster
Jan 9, 2011

J.A.B.C. posted:

Prestige raid has people on edge. Two hours on the gauntlet so far.

Lol at trying to do Prestige the real way. We were short for two for Prestige so we pulled some off Bungie LFG and got a cheese master. Once we got the cheese in place we one shotted everything.

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

You know what, I find it confusing that ARs get bigger magazines and larger reserves of ammo than SMGs overall, even though SMGs gimmick over ARs is that they sacrifice impact damage and range for much higher RoF. You'd think SMGs would be the ones to get larger magazines and more ammo since they burn though it so fast. :v:

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

J.A.B.C. posted:

Penalties?! Just loving leave

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Cheesing the raids with the ‘no ads’ exploit is basically admitting that you suck at video games.

Like I get that the raid has demanding mechanics at times, but none of them are difficult without having to manage ads. Without the ads, you are just running a circle for 90 minutes doing basic jumping puzzles.

Like I don’t care if people use cheat codes in SP games and poo poo, so what you want, but taking only challenge out of the raid with that exploit... why even play the game at that point?

Back Hack posted:

You know what, I find it confusing that ARs get bigger magazines and larger reserves of ammo than SMGs overall, even though SMGs gimmick over ARs is that they sacrifice impact damage and range for much higher RoF. You'd think SMGs would be the ones to get larger magazines and more ammo since they burn though it so fast. :v:

AR have bigger mags because you are gonna miss more shots at medium-long range. SMG have smaller clips because they are for close-range encounters, so between projectile speed and range the fight should be over much faster. If SMG had longer clips you could just run and shoot down every hall or around every corner for huge advantage

Bust Rodd fucked around with this message at 01:59 on Nov 20, 2017

Shockeh
Feb 24, 2009

Now be a dear and
fuck the fuck off.

J.A.B.C. posted:

You have to post a video on Something Awful Dot Com of you eating a full jar of mayonnaise, to be considered Elite enough to join.

Dukka
Apr 28, 2007

lock teams or bust

Bust Rodd posted:

Cheesing the raids with the ‘no ads’ exploit is basically admitting that you suck at video games.

Like I get that the raid has demanding mechanics at times, but none of them are difficult without having to manage ads. Without the ads, you are just running a circle for 90 minutes doing basic jumping puzzles.

Like I don’t care if people use cheat codes in SP games and poo poo, so what you want, but taking only challenge out of the raid with that exploit... why even play the game at that point?
exploiting bungie games in MP is a time honored tradition

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer

Bust Rodd posted:

Are you seriously crying about people wanting to save a little time and not having to do the same raid for the 40th time?

Dukka
Apr 28, 2007

lock teams or bust

Skoll posted:

Are you seriously crying about people wanting to save a little time and not having to do the same raid for the 40th time?
excuse me those extra mechanics required someone to do some additional scripting over their lunch break for a day

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

Skoll posted:

If you've done the raid 40 times you certainly don't need anymore gear...

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Back Hack posted:

I agree, but at least SMGs are cool and fun. The few kinetic sidearms there are really drive home the "Same ammo pool, half the range, half the damage" along with the face they don't seem to have nearly as generous magnetic headshoots as revolvers.

At least when I'm dumping a mag full of headshots into enemies with an SMG and think "Well, I could be doing this for twice the damage with my Origin story", it still leaves the fact SMGs (usually) have an easy time of it just unloading every bullet into something's skull.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Skoll posted:

I don’t know what ‘seriously crying’ means, but you can run the raid top to bottom in 90 minutes with a solid group (excluding underbelly). How much shorter do you want it exactly before it’s just a “Free Loot” button?

I don’t play with cheaters is what I’m saying lol

• Locked thread