Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Facebook Aunt posted:

What is going on with the row of windows that seem to be between the floor and ceiling of each level? I think I'm having a stroke.

You wold deny Mr. Riebmann his light?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr.Fuzzywig
Dec 13, 2006
I play too much Supcom

ChickenHeart posted:

"The Dwarf migrants sent into the channel to clear the blockage lacked the necessary training and equipment for entry into hazardous, magma-drenched enclosed spaces. PPE consisted of rotting spidersilk jumpers, a kobold-leather cloak, and highly-flammable wooden helmets soaked in plump helmet beer. One worker brought her infant daughter into the channel, carried in one arm.

The workers were not informed of the magma resivour just four tiles away from the work area that was quickly reaching critical capacity due to the blockage, and no effort was made to shut down the magma pumps feeding into the system.

The facilities' lock-out procedure also proved to be a contributing factor in the disaster; with no physical blocks or signage in place, the intricate, lever-based control system was instead merely closed off to workers via a simple locked olivenite door. Lever-pulling children were not informed of the work going on in magma channel 03. Finally, on the day of the accident, eyewitness accounts stated that the blockading door was wedged open by the rotting corpse of a butterfly."

I just want to say i really appreciate this.

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

This guy uses a piece of bread as a furnace for melting aluminium.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-qOIO6IQWk

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

AvE is a treasure trove of OSHA

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Internet of Things is just someone else's computer that people can't help attaching cameras and door locks to!
:vapes:
Switchblade Switcharoo

spankmeister posted:

AvE is a treasure trove of OSHA

I love the rare episodes where his wife comes into the room to ask him something. He immediately switches off the retard vocab and speaks like a normal person who I would rather listen to .

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
:frog:

i like his tool teardowns.

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti

EVIL Gibson posted:

I love the rare episodes where his wife comes into the room to ask him something. He immediately switches off the retard vocab and speaks like a normal person who I would rather listen to .

Oh it's definitely a shtick. If you go back and watch his early videos, he's a very different character. Also, everything is planned/staged with him. The junk on his bench, the little mistakes, he practically scripts that stuff now.

Wait for it.....

https://giant.gfycat.com/VigilantZealousFirebelliedtoad.webm

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

`Nemesis posted:

Oh it's definitely a shtick. If you go back and watch his early videos, he's a very different character. Also, everything is planned/staged with him. The junk on his bench, the little mistakes, he practically scripts that stuff now.

Wait for it.....

https://giant.gfycat.com/VigilantZealousFirebelliedtoad.webm

Now that's some QUALITY shrapnel. drat, I would go wipe after that kind of event, though I hope that I would have the sense to not be so near it in the first place.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

`Nemesis posted:

Am I a weirdo for being completely turned off from this? I'm already watching because I like the subject matter, you aint gotta dress up like a clown and juggle as well.

MisterOblivious
Mar 17, 2010

by sebmojo

Johnny Aztec posted:

Am I a weirdo for being completely turned off from this? I'm already watching because I like the subject matter, you aint gotta dress up like a clown and juggle as well.

No, you're not a weirdo. The people who love the schtick so much that they give him ~$150,000 a year are cringey as gently caress.
He used to rant about how technical professions used vocabulary that excluded outsiders: now you need a translation dictionary to watch his videos.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

loving awesome

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

MisterOblivious posted:

No, you're not a weirdo. The people who love the schtick so much that they give him ~$150,000 a year are cringey as gently caress.
He used to rant about how technical professions used vocabulary that excluded outsiders: now you need a translation dictionary to watch his videos.

AvE is...problematic.

He knows a lot of poo poo about a lot of things and sometimes comes up with clever ideas. His way of speaking can be entertaining.

He also knows poo poo-all about some things, but either doesn't realize this or pretends otherwise, and shoots off his mouth. His way of speaking can be needlessly disgusting and offensive. For instance, this is a ruler he sells -- notice the scale on the right end

Before anyone says "well that's just how old shop guys talk" ask yourself why it should be okay just because that's how things have always been.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
Someone opened the problem-attic.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Someone opened the problem-attic.

Are those stairs that fold down from a hole in the ceiling OSHA compliant?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

That kerning is an abomination. I hate AvE now.

Effective-Disorder
Nov 13, 2013

Synthbuttrange posted:

That kerning is an abomination. I hate AvE now.

Oh god, now I can't un-see it. Somebody trigger warning that ASAP.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
Kern-tact.

Karia
Mar 27, 2013

Self-portrait, Snake on a Plane
Oil painting, c. 1482-1484
Leonardo DaVinci (1452-1591)

Even more horrifying than the content on the right side of the ruler... He misspelled "Width". Is it really too hard to spellcheck something you're charging money for? Isn't one of his major shticks that companies should put more effort into their products and not half-rear end stuff?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Oh now I noticed the text beyond the badly kerned text. This guy's a complete fucker.

Vanagoon
Jan 20, 2008

Best Dead Gay Forums
on the whole Internet!
Welcome to the future, where everything is racist and everything is sexist and everything is offensive and everything is bad for you.

I don't get the virtue signalling by taking each and every opportunity to delight in offense. Maybe I am just a piece of poo poo, I don't know.

Some people are literally not going to be happy until they start handing out citations for breach of the verbal morality statutes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5rVQGT01Kzg

Do you want a Demolition man future? I don't.

Vanagoon fucked around with this message at 02:39 on Nov 20, 2017

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Vanagoon posted:

Welcome to the future, where everything is racist and everything is sexist and everything is offensive and everything is bad for you.

I don't get the virtue signalling by taking each and every opportunity to delight in offense. Maybe I am just a piece of poo poo, I don't know.

Some people are literally not going to be happy until they start handing out citations for breach of the verbal morality statutes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5rVQGT01Kzg

Do you want a Demolition man future? I don't.

People are currently talking about kerning, but sorry people don't just laugh when you make fun of people who are currently being blamed for daring to get murdered and raped because they're not straight white men.

Dairy Days
Dec 26, 2007

Sagebrush posted:

Before anyone says "well that's just how old shop guys talk" ask yourself why it should be okay just because that's how things have always been.

he's about 100 times better than how actual old shop guys talk

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
Which country are we in from that petrol explosion video? I got a screen grab of the license plate that the person recording the event got on camera, but I don't recognise what I assume is a flag on the side.

Vanagoon
Jan 20, 2008

Best Dead Gay Forums
on the whole Internet!

chitoryu12 posted:

People are currently talking about kerning, but sorry people don't just laugh when you make fun of people who are currently being blamed for daring to get murdered and raped because they're not straight white men.

How do you get from the word oval office humorously placed on a ruler to people being raped and murdered. Jesus loving christ calm down.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Dairy Days posted:

he's about 100 times better than how actual old shop guys talk

Oh, don't get me wrong, he's far from the worst I've heard from old shop dudes. I've worked in a shop around career machinists and welders and carpenters for like a decade now and, well, let's just say you quickly learn which ones you don't wanna get started on The Jews

But it's still, like, be a force for good, you know?

Vanagoon posted:

The guy has a young daughter (maybe more than one). I would hope he'd get why it's not really cool in a professional setting to refer to measuring things in "oval office hairs" and especially to make a distinction between the types of pubic hair women of different ethnic backgrounds purportedly have

Three-Phase
Aug 5, 2006

by zen death robot

Carbon dioxide posted:

This guy uses a piece of bread as a furnace for melting aluminium.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-qOIO6IQWk

Did I hear him say "Increase the chooch factor" at the end? :confused:

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Vanagoon posted:

I don't get the virtue signalling by taking each and every opportunity to delight in offense.

But the important thing is that you signalled to us that you’re not cool with it.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Vanagoon posted:

How do you get from the word oval office humorously placed on a ruler to people being raped and murdered. Jesus loving christ calm down.

Don't talk about how people are throwing around "racist" and "sexist" too much, then.

Vanagoon
Jan 20, 2008

Best Dead Gay Forums
on the whole Internet!
In an era where pot is being legalized on such a large scale people are still entirely too on edge about petty poo poo.

Vanagoon
Jan 20, 2008

Best Dead Gay Forums
on the whole Internet!

chitoryu12 posted:

Don't talk about how people are throwing around "racist" and "sexist" too much, then.

Don't be such a whiny bitch about eeeeverything is just soo offensive then? Man the something awful dot com forums used to have some bite, now we're just as pussy-whipped as everywhere else.

Oooooops, I used another offensive term for lady bits.

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Memento posted:

Which country are we in from that petrol explosion video? I got a screen grab of the license plate that the person recording the event got on camera, but I don't recognise what I assume is a flag on the side.

Looks like Hungary

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Vanagoon posted:

In an era where pot is being legalized on such a large scale people are still entirely too on edge about petty poo poo.

go find a female co-worker and casually drop a reference to a small distance being "two blonde oval office hairs wide" and see how she responds. bonus points if you call her reaction "petty"

Vanagoon
Jan 20, 2008

Best Dead Gay Forums
on the whole Internet!

Sagebrush posted:

go find a female co-worker and casually drop a reference to a small distance being "two blonde oval office hairs wide" and see how she responds. bonus points if you call her reaction "petty"

You fucktard. I have enough sense not to do that, but how, again, does that equate to putting a naughty word on a ruler?

gently caress you and gently caress these forums. Ban me already.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
Okay, give her a ruler with distances marked in "oval office hairs" then.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Putting hostile, sexist words on shop tools encourages a lovely sexist exclusionary work culture and if it's not already an OS(mental)HA violation I sincerely hope it will become one in the future :)

Weembles
Apr 19, 2004

Deteriorata posted:

Looks like Hungary

TJ is the country code for Tajikistan.

Moto42
Jul 14, 2006

:dukedog:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NpatdRd2LGk

Look! A construction accident!
Scaffolding collapses on people.

Moto42 fucked around with this message at 03:15 on Nov 20, 2017

Blast of Confetti
Apr 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Vanagoon posted:

You fucktard. I have enough sense not to do that, but how, again, does that equate to putting a naughty word on a ruler?

lol just stop posting retard

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

Vanagoon posted:

Nice meltdown, chud

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Three-Phase
Aug 5, 2006

by zen death robot
We need a CSB CGI re-enactment of all the drama in this thread.