Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

SeANMcBAY posted:

Without spoiling anything, is Darker Side the real last challenge? I want to 100% the game and I’m wondering if I should keep that and the moons you get from that for last.

You do unlock something else when you get all the moons but it's more of a victory lap than a final challenge, so yes Darker Side is the last and hardest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

There's a theoretically harder version of a thing you can try after getting all moons.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

SeANMcBAY posted:

Without spoiling anything, is Darker Side the real last challenge? I want to 100% the game and I’m wondering if I should keep that and the moons you get from that for last.

a tougher version of a thing unlocks after

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Thanks. Okay, I’ll get all the moons I can first then do Darker Side.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Again do Darker Side last JUST because the very end of it has some very :unsmith: stuff that works best if it’s the last thing you do

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
is the tougher thing the bowser refight?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Dizz posted:

is the tougher thing the bowser refight?

Ya its not really that tough either

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

I am playing Skyrim for the first time, and after discovering that I am a Dragonborn I got a letter from a “friend.” Found the place in some mountain range, fought another dragon outside, and then everything else happened. This is a fun game.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

Al Borland Corp. posted:

cheesed the scarecrow section by throwing the hat down (though this is somewhat intended, they put a question block up there)

I know the part you’re talking about but don’t understand what you did.

Morby
Sep 6, 2007
So with the Toys R Us deal I ended up grabbing Splatoon 2. I’ll have it tomorrow and I’m pretty excited to check it out since I’ve heard a lot of good things. I tried to grab Mario Rabbids, but it wasn’t available online or in store. That may be what I request for Christmas.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Morby posted:

So with the Toys R Us deal I ended up grabbing Splatoon 2. I’ll have it tomorrow and I’m pretty excited to check it out since I’ve heard a lot of good things. I tried to grab Mario Rabbids, but it wasn’t available online or in store. That may be what I request for Christmas.

splatoon 2 is really really really good. they keep rolling more stuff out for it too; there's a bonkers amount to do in that game.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Rolo posted:

The scarecrow is mounted on the platform upside down. If you hit it from the bottom the platform will rise and you'll be stuck to wall jump your way through the expanding blocks. If you throw your hat down from the top you can make the scarecrow/platform activate while you're standing on top of it and simply ride it to the top like a little elevator.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Rolo posted:

Go on the platform on top of the upside down scarecrow, jump off the side, their the hat down by flicking the joycons down, hold the throw button, and land back on the platform you landed on, go to the other side and then let go of the button and the hat will hit the scarecrow (or you can shake to home in on it). The platform will raise up with you on top of it and you can just go over the top of the whole section.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Holy poo poo playing Skyrim for the first time around and this world is huge and there’s a ton of poo poo everywhere. I love it. Being able to just grab the switch and play on the go and at work is going to fun for this game.

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

Tayter Swift posted:

I played a shitload of Joust, is Balloon Fight better than Joust

balloon fight has hip tanaka music ftw

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Holy poo poo playing Skyrim for the first time around and this world is huge and there’s a ton of poo poo everywhere. I love it. Being able to just grab the switch and play on the go and at work is going to fun for this game.

its gonna get old but the first like 40 hours of skyrim is pretty rad. or it was in 2011

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Zas posted:

its gonna get old but the first like 40 hours of skyrim is pretty rad. or it was in 2011

If I could make one very important suggestion, it would be to avoid fast travelling, aside from the cart rides. Goddamn, did that just change the entire game for the better when I decided to do that.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Yeah you get sick of those loading screens, and just like Breath of the Wild if you walk places you find a ton of poo poo.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Al Borland Corp. posted:

Yeah you get sick of those loading screens, and just like Breath of the Wild if you walk places you find a ton of poo poo.

Like the Nordic Space Program!

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

alf_pogs posted:

splatoon 2 is really really really good. they keep rolling more stuff out for it too; there's a bonkers amount to do in that game.

They need to roll out more clothes

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Skyrim's been beaten into the ground and like most Bethesda games eventually the cracks show too much but yea the first several dozen hours are good as hell.

Roadie
Jun 30, 2013
Bethesda should buy out the Legacy of the Dragonborn mod and some of the other mods it interlinks with, clean it all up a little, and release it as official DLC.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

:siren:Valkyria Chronicles 4 just got announced and it’s also coming to Switch.:siren:

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

SeANMcBAY posted:

:siren:Valkyria Chronicles 4 just got announced and it’s also coming to Switch.:siren:

We better get VC3 on SOMETHING.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
post the thing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LGL5EzrHm_U

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Takoluka posted:

We better get VC3 on SOMETHING.

Stay safe emulator ghost

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

"This war has made me a monster... a sexy sexy monster with perfect hair"

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

GOTTA HAVE THAT PAX BISONICA

the past 3 games have all sucked

hopes are not very high tbh

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

General Morden posted:

the past 3 games have all sucked

hopes are not very high tbh

They’ll probably take this one more seriously since it’s not a PSP game and it’s not a spin off. I’d like to see the first game on Switch as well.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

Cobalt Viper posted:

The scarecrow is mounted on the platform upside down. If you hit it from the bottom the platform will rise and you'll be stuck to wall jump your way through the expanding blocks. If you throw your hat down from the top you can make the scarecrow/platform activate while you're standing on top of it and simply ride it to the top like a little elevator.

Smart!

I kinda wish I did the darker side after more moons. I did it at 5XX and I just kinda feel done.

Great game though.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Are the blaster master extra characters any good? Are there any specific ones that I should avoid? Are they all just different ways to play through the main game or do they have any major differences aside from moveset?

I'm mostly just wondering if they're something where it's more or less just playing through the base game again but with a different moveset like the plague knight campaign in shovel knight or if it is like playing through an altered campaign like the specter knight campaign from shovel knight.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

They all play like they do in their respective video games (save Ekoro, since her game doesn't have you play as her), so they feel drastically different.

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

Looks like they're laying the dramatic shounen garbage on pretty thick, but it seems more promising than the last few Valkryia games, at least

And a Shibe Inu is a much better mascot than that pig thing from VC1

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
https://twitter.com/chrissyteigen/status/932475603592257538

:yeah:

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Chrissy Teigen owns.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I know they're not, but they totally look like thigh-high gumboots. :v:

Finished Cat Quest. Gonna putz about doing some of the dungeons, but I'm pretty much done. All in all a pretty solid 10ish hours of fun, and def scratched that RPG itch waiting for Xenoblade.
I really really want to get Skyrim, but I can't justify the expense + Xenoblade is a week an a half away.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Is zelda dlc this week?

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

idk whats gonna be in it

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

What is Cat Quest? I like both cats and quests so I’m intrigued.:3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU