Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Dale Jr: "I gave Martin a high five with my car!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Dale Jr. owns and NASCAR is going to be worse off without him.

It's good that he's sticking around to do TV.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Neodoomium posted:

Dale Jr. owns and NASCAR is going to be worse off without him.

It's good that he's sticking around to do TV.

He seems completely at ease with the decision to hang up.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

I am most excited for this new future of "Dale Jr., King of Twitter" and I hope working for NBC doesn't sanitize him too much.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

ok, THAT is a cool loving trophy

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

whoa they made a racing stanley cup

and it has all of the track diagrams on it

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Neodoomium posted:

whoa they made a racing stanley cup

and it has all of the track diagrams on it

That is a dank rear end trophy for putting Pocono front & center

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

I can't believe NASCAR came up with something as loving radical as that trophy

Speaking of trophies, do they just not give out one for this race now?

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

Neodoomium posted:

I can't believe NASCAR came up with something as loving radical as that trophy

It was probably more Monster than them. The Sprint Cup was a pile of poo poo, but Indycar's unicycle man trophy that they had for like a year was the worst of all.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

I wish NASCAR fans would learn to give Brian France the Gary Bettman treatment.

Neodoomium posted:

I am most excited for this new future of "Dale Jr., King of Twitter" and I hope working for NBC doesn't sanitize him too much.

I'm hoping he goes scorched earth.

...he won't. :(

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 00:48 on Nov 20, 2017

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Oh, they just showed them dropping a huge FORD ECOBOOST banner so they just did the obvious trophy first.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

The race winner's trophy looks like something Mankind hit Undertaker with in the boiler room brawl.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

:lol:

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Fauxhawk Express posted:

The race winner's trophy looks like something Mankind hit Undertaker with in the boiler room brawl.

Yeah it owns

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

What do you do when it's finally over?

https://twitter.com/JennaFryer/status/932396304243798016

When Dale Jr ran the car he had on the track tonight in the early 2000s, I didn't like him, but dang ol Junyer. :allears:

Harveygod
Jan 4, 2014

YEEAAH HEH HEH HEEEHH

YOU KNOW WHAT I'M SAYIN

THIS TRASH WAR AIN'T GONNA SOLVE ITSELF YA KNOW

Neodoomium posted:

:lol: What're they gonna do? Fire him?

Imagine NASCAR firing Dale Jr. In'shallah.

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

Good on Cole Pearn :canada:

Oh, and Martin too.

SpitztheGreat
Jul 20, 2005
2017 has been a tough year, so it was really nice to see the good guys win. Truex earned that Championship with a dominant season that was reminiscent of Gordon or Johnson at their best.

Great to see Junior happy, relieved, and at peace after the race. He made it the whole season, no injuries, and avoided falling on his face. Yea, it wasn't a glorious exit, but it was a respectable exit, and that's good enough. He looked like a guy who didn't have anything left in the tank and won't miss it (that much). I kinda expected more emotion after the race, and a quiet/solemn Junior as he struggled to put into words his emotions- but I was very pleased to see the opposite. That tells me that he is happy with his decision.

There was something poetic about how the race went for the three drivers "retiring". Danica went out in flames, from a wreck of her own making, Kenseth ran well and finished well and yet no one noticed or cared, and Junior ran a clean race mid pack, with all eyes on him, and finished by thanking everyone under the sun. If you were writing a screenplay for the most believable ending to a movie ever, this would be it.

If Danica is smart she stays away from racing. The same with Kenseth, he won't get a ride matching his talent so why would he waste his time. Hell, even Kasey Kahne should retire- he's just going to embarrass himself next year.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

We helped CFS design his new paint scheme in Twitch NT2003 and the consensus was "We need Kidc".

Welcome to the offseason. :roflolmao:

Divine Styler
Apr 8, 2005

quantum mechanic
If it could be Rowdy, Truex was the next best thing. Dude is a class act, and had an incredible season.

Dale fades away, after a pitiful season, and Chase comes in to save the day, for the bandwagon fans.

KB in 2018!

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Dale's apparently not the only driver going to NBC next year:

http://awfulannouncing.com/racing/danica-patrick-reportedly-nbc-retire-racing-after-indy-500.html

Spoiler alert: the other driver is being "coy" about their plans, which is nothing new.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Fox coverage is going to be unbearable next year. Just gimme Jr all season.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Boogity

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

CBJSprague24 posted:

Dale's apparently not the only driver going to NBC next year:

http://awfulannouncing.com/racing/danica-patrick-reportedly-nbc-retire-racing-after-indy-500.html

Spoiler alert: the other driver is being "coy" about their plans, which is nothing new.

Watch, it turns out she does it for Indy.

Which, uh, I don't know how to feel about that. I'm sure she can do it though, she definitely knows how to work a camera.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Triggered

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

I love DW I guess I'm not hard core enough

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Darrell Lee Waltrip causes ptsd

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

When he didn't Boogity for the shootout this year I at first hoped Fox had finally told him to cut it out but then I realized he was saving up for a huge Boogity at the actual season opening green flag.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I'm glad MTJ won.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Feels Villeneuve posted:

I'm glad MTJ won.

Same

Elitist Bitch
Sep 13, 2007

A Good Champ, plus this as a bonus:

https://www.autosport.com/nascar/news/133166/busch-logano-blocking-cost-me-title

Delicious delicious Rowdy tears.
:qq::qq::qq:
:krad:

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Elitist Bitch posted:

A Good Champ, plus this as a bonus:

https://www.autosport.com/nascar/news/133166/busch-logano-blocking-cost-me-title

Delicious delicious Rowdy tears.
:qq::qq::qq:
:krad:

lol gently caress Kyle Busch

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

He didn't pull a Sadler and say Joey should have pulled over, he just said he used his tires up racing him, that headline kinda sucks.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

He was clearly being lovely about it in the interview. Said something sarcastic about “we’ve got a good buddy there,” as if all the other drivers are supposed to just pull into the pits and stop.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Oh I don't care what the article says just gently caress Kyle Busch

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

I still will maintain Larson getting riiiiiiight up to Busch's bumper in the final laps is what made him flinch.

CactusWeasle
Aug 1, 2006
It's not a party until the bomb squad says it is

Norns posted:

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Norns posted:

Also this.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

drat, Larson has pulled a top 5 finish in 24% of his cup starts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

I like Larson a lot

• Locked thread