Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

TheGreasyStrangler posted:

How the gently caress do they even enforce house arrest for people who live off base

How do they enforce prohibition on drinking in-residence

How the gently caress are they still issuing these proclamations despite regularly being shown that they don't work

How the

It is like 99% of military regulations, don't apply to those senior and doesn't address the underlying problem but will be used to gently caress junior enlisted constantly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

Mustang posted:

Why is the US Military so loving dumb when it comes to punishing everybody when one dude fucks up.

One dude does something irresponsible so let’s gently caress over thousands of other people that aren’t doing anything wrong.

Safety briefs about alcohol? Do they seriously loving think there is somebody in the military that doesn’t know drinking and driving is bad?

Soldiers get DUIs because they’re loving stupid, not because they don’t know drinking and driving is bad. One more safety brief beating a dead horse won’t stop someone from getting a DUI and killing someone.

Congrats, you just volunteered to lead our next safety brief.

Be sure to talk about the hazards of drunk posting and why you shouldn't mix tequila with Benzedrine.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

How the gently caress do they even enforce house arrest for people who live off base

How do they enforce prohibition on drinking in-residence

How the gently caress are they still issuing these proclamations despite regularly being shown that they don't work

How the

They dont.

They just say its a rule and gently caress you double if they have reason to catch you breaking it.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

:thunk: yes indeed why would we need the 3rd Marines to stay near/on base and sober up

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
Trick question. Marines are never sober, especially in times when they may be needed to die.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Marines should be kept caged like Buscemi in Con Air

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
Marines should be kept in massive, air-transportable hibernation containers where they're hooked up to intravenous sedation to restrain their lethal potential, like Eversor assassins.

Once ready for deployment, the sedatives pumped into their veins are replaced by go-drugs, so they're all hyped and foaming at the mouth before deployment out the rear of the container/plane.

Whoever survives after hitting the ground is then ready to impregnate the populace and break their laws.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Marines should be kept in massive, air-transportable hibernation containers where they're hooked up to intravenous sedation to restrain their lethal potential, like Eversor assassins.

Once ready for deployment, the sedatives pumped into their veins are replaced by go-drugs, so they're all hyped and foaming at the mouth before deployment out the rear of the container/plane.

Whoever survives after hitting the ground is then ready to impregnate the populace and break their laws.

TBH that just sounds like how they normally operate just swap booze and dip/Monster for sedatives and go drugs respectively.

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

facialimpediment posted:

Looks like a soldier drove drunk, killed an Okinawan, and now everyone is confined to the bases.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/11/19/asia/okinawa-american-drunk-driver/index.html

lol if you don't automatically assume it was a Marine.

Dude tested at three times the limit for drunk driving.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Arc Light posted:

http://www.cnn.com/2017/11/19/asia/okinawa-american-drunk-driver/index.html

lol if you don't automatically assume it was a Marine.

Dude tested at three times the limit for drunk driving.

isn't that much higher in Japan than the U.S.? Or is it 3x the U.S. limit?

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

Granted, the legal limit is .03, but anyone who drives drunk in Japan is an idiot. Cab it or take the train if you live near a stop (and if you’re a drinkin’ sort, get a place near a train stop).

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Thousands of drunked salarymen manage to do it every day of the week, it takes a soldier to gently caress up mass transit

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

not caring here posted:

Split was okay, but the final scene (if you haven't heard about it) is the best part about it.

Funny. I just watched that movie today, and I also thought it was okay, but that the ending was all wrong. Shyamalan's big theme is everything happening for a reason, and I really thought I had figured out the cool, creepy, and satisfying climax events in the film were setting up, but it then proceeded to never happen. A real whimper-not-bang for me.

But then I didn't mind lady in the water and downright enjoyed the village so my tastes might be compromised.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

I LICK APE PUSSY posted:

Thousands of drunked salarymen manage to do it every day of the week, it takes a soldier to gently caress up mass transit

Not just any mass transit either. Japanese mass transit.

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”
Why is it always Okinawa or Korea? You never hear about these kind of reactions in Germany or Italy, or at least I haven't heard of any.

nullscan
May 28, 2004

TO BE A BOSS YOU MUST HAVE HONOR! HONOR AND A PENIS!

Weird, the two places where people aren't treated like adults winds up with stupid poo poo happening all the time.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Mustang posted:

Why is it always Okinawa or Korea? You never hear about these kind of reactions in Germany or Italy, or at least I haven't heard of any.

Okinawa is probably just Marines being Marines.

Korea has a batshit crazy reputation to uphold.

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

Charles Manson kicked it.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...ion-dies-at-83/

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Doc Hawkins posted:

Funny. I just watched that movie today, and I also thought it was okay, but that the ending was all wrong. Shyamalan's big theme is everything happening for a reason, and I really thought I had figured out the cool, creepy, and satisfying climax events in the film were setting up, but it then proceeded to never happen. A real whimper-not-bang for me.

But then I didn't mind lady in the water and downright enjoyed the village so my tastes might be compromised.

i liked the village and lady in the water

i thought unbreakable was cool until the end

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Figured. Found that story about his illness last week.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

About loving time. I'm really annoyed that he had groupies at this stage of his life.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ol2nlBtBnZU&t=47s

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Buscemi didn't rape the kid at the tea party so he's league's ahead of the marines

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

Slavic Crime Yacht posted:

Buscemi didn't rape the kid at the tea party so he's league's ahead of the marines
:drat:

Yessssss.

Dead Reckoning posted:

H. W. Bush
Charlie Manson
Queen Elizabeth

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

I'm pretty sure the queen is immortal due to the souls of her hundreds of corgis

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011
Second. Darkest. Timeline.

She's British nobility. They just keel over dead one day, and it turns out a handful of people close to them knew that they were "unwell."

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

QE2 is at the point where I'd normally make her a general and tell her to march back and forth in uncolonized provinces for a few years.

Ponderous Saxon
Jan 5, 2010
Fallen Rib
Not wanting to see your idiot son screw up a lifetime’s work turns out to be a pretty strong incentive to keep on truck in’

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

I hope the queen outlives trumps presidency

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

G*d save the queen
Long may she reign
(mainly because gently caress Charles nobody wants to see that muppet on the throne)

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

facialimpediment posted:

Way too early.

Meanwhile, all servicemembers in Japan just got hosed. Looks like a soldier drove drunk, killed an Okinawan, and now everyone is confined to the bases.

https://twitter.com/US7thFleet/status/932440678952402945

Welp!

Silver linings if the 7th fleet is confined to base they can't wreck any more boats :v:

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

shame on an IGA posted:

Silver linings if the 7th fleet is confined to base they can't wreck any more boats :v:

Once a fleet gets the bloodlust, not much anyone can do to stop it.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

On the subject of Charles Manson finally kicking the bucket, this 2013 Rolling Stone piece about him is as well-written as it is totally loving creepy. I think I remember reading that he dumped his 25-year old groupie because she planned on somehow monetizing his remains after he died, but poo poo, it’s going to be one hell of an awkward “Any issues with exes that I should know about?” conversation with the next person she dates.

:stonk:

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
Senate confirmed Trump's mine safety pick:

quote:

The Senate voted Wednesday to confirm David Zatezalo, a former coal mining executive who faced harsh criticism over his company’s safety record, to lead the federal government’s mine safety agency.

The vote was 52 to 46, with all Republicans in favor and all Democrats opposed.

Once he’s sworn in to lead the Labor Department’s Mine Safety and Health Administration (MSHA), Zatezalo will be responsible for safety across all of the nation’s mines, including those for coal, metals and other substances.

Zatezalo, a West Virginia native, retired in 2014 as head of Rhino Resources, a coal mining company. Rhino had numerous run-ins with MSHA enforces under his leadership, including two “pattern of violations” letters, a rare warning from regulators.

At his confirmation hearing, Zatezalo said he wasn’t proud of Rhino’s safety record.

“I did not try to lawyer up and stop anything from happening. I felt if you haven’t done your job we should be big kids and deal with it as such,” he said.

The best people.

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer

I HAVE GOOD AIDS posted:

On the subject of Charles Manson finally kicking the bucket, this 2013 Rolling Stone piece about him is as well-written as it is totally loving creepy. I think I remember reading that he dumped his 25-year old groupie because she planned on somehow monetizing his remains after he died, but poo poo, it’s going to be one hell of an awkward “Any issues with exes that I should know about?” conversation with the next person she dates.

:stonk:

The podcast You Must Remember This had a whole season on Manson and it was fantastic (so is the rest of the podcast).

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!

Slavic Crime Yacht posted:

I hope the queen outlives trumps presidency

I hope the queen dies and whoever abdicates the throne

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

https://twitter.com/mj_lee/status/932610453297131521

Al's done.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Yeah, RIP.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
Its not really surprising that there was more, but drat it we needed you Franken. Why'd you have to have such a past.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Wow I never saw that coming.

He should have resigned a week ago.

• Locked thread