Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
http://trixie.thecomicseries.com/comics/224

I was expecting some weird alien customs and Lyndon not managing to emulate it convincingly; but this works even better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Time to flip the script

http://trixie.thecomicseries.com/comics/225

Amorphous Abode
Apr 2, 2010

We may have finally found unobtainium but I will never find eywa.

That's amazing.

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler
That poor princess is going to be having one hell of an identity crisis once all this is over.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
I've been powering my way through the Accidental Space Spy over the past week. It lacks the characterization and character interplay of Hitmen and Trixie Slaughteraxe, but it's delightful to read Thorsby's endless musings on evolutionary quirks, plus he puts his characters in such dire situations, you get honestly tense about how they'll get out of them.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
Welp, she's dead. Time to get out the replacement.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
Holy poo poo, I'm a ghost now too from laughing to death

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Honestly the only thing that was missing was a little satisfied smirk on Lyndons face after everything went better than expected

HBar
Sep 13, 2007

Did the rod strike break the spell's pacifism? The past examples were all deadly, but if a moderate head bonk is enough then it raises the question of how much damage is too much.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

In his initial explanation he says 'harm' not kill. RIP private nudie shows

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

"Oh no! I just disintegrated the groom!"

habituallyred
Feb 6, 2015
Shoulda claimed the groom was a ghost. Now they can't blame it all on the groom's dead evil twin.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
I choose to believe that the Holy Rod of Mirmormir actually dispels illusions as well as ghosts.

(but Lyndon still lost the spell and we'll never be able to tell the difference)

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!
I fully believe Trixie could have convinced her she was dead.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Otherkinsey Scale posted:

I fully believe Trixie could have convinced her she was dead.

“Why did you think we revealed your replacement twin today? We wanted to ease you in slowly. Obviously your dad's plan failed. He sure made a mess out of everything. You should go talk to him right now. Haunt him!“

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler
Story arc ends with the prince still sulking in the bathroom:

"I'm still in here!"

"... where is everyone?"

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Lyndon you dumbfuck

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
It wouldn't be a Thorsby story if the characters were capable of being tactful.

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler
There's something odd about this abruptly introduced new character.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
What are you talking about? Just an average everyday Planeteer.

HBar
Sep 13, 2007

I never expected Kwame would transition and join the New Mexico branch of Golden Dawn.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Bye new character!

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler
Oh, so they now believe someone is a traitor to their group. No way this could turn into a comical farce. Nope, no way at all.

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us
I doubt any off them are, but it probably would be Lyndon if it had to be somebody.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Smooth talker! :3:

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
http://trixie.thecomicseries.com/comics/230

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

smooth, Lyndon

Amorphous Abode
Apr 2, 2010

We may have finally found unobtainium but I will never find eywa.

Stretch Armsad

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Lydon is approaching the truth

"Hey Audrey want to see a trick?"
:stonk:

habituallyred
Feb 6, 2015
Actually this could be pretty useful... if it wasn't for that whole pacifism thing. Tying people up, quick tripwire, attach the arm to a big old rock and drop it down a cliff as a climbing rope etc.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Hopefully there will be a situation where they will have to use him as a bungee rope.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Cat Mattress posted:

Hopefully there will be a situation where they will have to use him as a bungee rope.

Whats going to happen when he stretches too far and the person hes carrying hits the ground and dies and he loses his spell while hes stretched out

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

What shall we do with him? A permaban, perhaps? Probate him for a few years? Or...shall we employ a big red custom title? You, the goons of SA, shall decide his fate.

Meme Emulator posted:

Whats going to happen when he stretches too far and the person hes carrying hits the ground and dies and he loses his spell while hes stretched out

He instantly snaps back to his normal shape. The recoil flings him to a previously inaccessible spot he needed to reach. He later reluctantly reveals that a living thing dying was part of his plan, unintentionally impressing Audrey.

BiggerJ fucked around with this message at 05:17 on Dec 14, 2017

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us
There is no strip Audrey appears in where she isn't demonstrating that she's the best.

edit: Did he cast his spell on Trixie? She's got some extra reach.

Bell_ fucked around with this message at 01:44 on Dec 15, 2017

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!
There is going to be a lot of Thorsbying going on with a gauntlet that switches brains if you touch someone and a guy whose limbs can be stretched to touch anything.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
GOOD. KEEP FEELING BAD.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Otherkinsey Scale posted:

There is going to be a lot of Thorsbying going on with a gauntlet that switches brains if you touch someone and a guy whose limbs can be stretched to touch anything.

And a big crate of lunatics.

Whybird
Aug 2, 2009

Phaiston have long avoided the tightly competetive defence sector, but the IRDA Act 2052 has given us the freedom we need to bring out something really special.

https://team-robostar.itch.io/robostar

Nap Ghost
New one!

How did the Traditionalists find out about this? I'm going with either:

1. They have Trixie's apartment bugged.

2. Audrey is selling the Traditionalists information, so that she can keep on getting paid to go on adventures

3. Klara is giving the Traditionalists information, so that she has an excuse to keep hanging around with Trixie.

My money's on 1 or 2, but 1 seems remarkably simple for Thorsby and if memory serves, Audrey now has all the money she needs for a bar.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

4. The traditionalists have a copy of the diary too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

I guarantee you it is something stupider than “one of them is a traitor”