Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

Nutsngum posted:

This is cool and good. Doesnt buddy still have like 6 years on his contract left?

This was brought up when he signed it. I don't think this has seen an official response.

Solemn Sloth posted:

Gary Ablett is being investigated by VicPol for sexual assault

Gary Ablett Sr, just to clarify.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

I don't think it's nice, you laughing.

Schlesische posted:

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

:sbahj:

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Solemn Sloth posted:

Gary Ablett is being investigated by VicPol for sexual assault

Bloody hell I was the biggest GAs fan as a kid, got his autograph, but his post-football life has been loving disgraceful.

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

Schlesische posted:

This was brought up when he signed it. I don't think this has seen an official response.

It did get an official response. The afl told Sydney when they made the offer that they would be held to it. If they didn’t hold clubs to the contracts they offer free agents, they’d just offer twenty year deals to win the player and then renege later saying “lol oops we didn’t think he’d retire”

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

realbez posted:

It did get an official response. The afl told Sydney when they made the offer that they would be held to it. If they didn’t hold clubs to the contracts they offer free agents, they’d just offer twenty year deals to win the player and then renege later saying “lol oops we didn’t think he’d retire”

Oh god yes.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib

You Am I posted:

Bloody hell I was the biggest GAs fan as a kid, got his autograph, but his post-football life has been loving disgraceful.

Post football?

It has been going in awhile

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.
Yeah, this investigation is on an incident in the 70s apparently

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

:qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq:
im sure he will write an op-ed defending himself by rambling about lights and microwaves

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

"Most mornings I'll apologise in advance to my wife."
Come on now he's not Malcolm Roberts

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Solemn Sloth posted:

Yeah, this investigation is on an incident in the 70s apparently

Ah drat

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Kangaroos hate Hasselblads
Australia won, and Fyfe took some good marks, yay.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Just saw Joe Daniher at the Swan St KFC at 2:45am munching on chicken. With that dirty, dirty mo.

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003
https://twitter.com/NadiaMits/status/931843497904128000

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

When I was in a high school a friend of mine stole some turf from the WACA centre wicket, then proceeded to grow this grass in an ice cream container, and then eventually planted it in his backyard and made a wicket out of it. He was a weird guy.

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

Did renovate his house to look like a post apocalyptic bomb shelter to match the rest of the WACA theme

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

I did that with grass from the maintenance green on a golf course, but that was so I could make a practise putting green in the back yard

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

snaeksikn posted:

Did renovate his house to look like a post apocalyptic bomb shelter to match the rest of the WACA theme

He made sure all garden chairs were askew with the pitch with no sun protection

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

I don't think it's nice, you laughing.
So whats actually happenign with subiaco now?

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

Demolishing it for housing I'm pretty sure

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

The Subiaco residents will finally have their wish, no football/rugby/concerts FOREVER.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS
:salt:
http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-11-20/jeremy-howe-calls-for-mark-of-the-year-rule-change

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

What a sook

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
Doesn’t seem to be sooking much. He was robbed.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
They didn't re assign Andrew Walker the MOTY, they won't change the rules next year.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

Lot of phantom drafts saying the Bulldogs will take Naughton. I personally hope not because the last thing we need is a third tall defender that can't kick and I don't care how athletic or ready to play he is.

edit: ugh. Brett Anderson is saying that we're keen on Dom loving Barry with our last pick. At least there's this VFL reporter saying that we're interested in Billy Gowers with either our final pick or a rookie pick.

Testekill fucked around with this message at 14:06 on Nov 22, 2017

Brown Paper Bag
Nov 3, 2012

AFL Draft day! I am unreasonably excited about seeing West Coast draft key position players and half back flankers instead of a midfielder or anyone with pace

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.
Who are Adelaide going to lease this time round?

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

I look forward to passing instant judgement on Freo's two top 10 picks and declaring top 4 is a lock next year.

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

"Most mornings I'll apologise in advance to my wife."
I look forward to re rookieing some people and grabbing a few oddly named players in the high 60s

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

I'm looking forward to Fogarty being available at 12, and the big footy Crows losing their minds as we pick another 2 year rental from Vic Metro

Also, Adelaide Oval has had some upgrades to match Perth

https://twitter.com/TheAdelaideOval/status/933470274770558977

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Who here is a club or AFL member? I'm going to a membership forum next week for Carlton where they're asking how they want things to be restructured in the future.

Mind posting what benefits a membership brings you, other than entry into games? I heard that Essendon club members get 10% off membership costs if they let it auto-renew which is a good idea. Carlton basically gives you 10% off items at the shop and some other minor/promotional benefits.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Crows members get 10% off the club store, each year get a thing, ie this year a choice between a cap or a scarf (or if you're a gold member you get both), by going on the autorenew payment plan you go in a raffle to win a Toyota around the $25-30k mark, free entry to AFC reserve games in the SANFL, usually some kind of kit with a fixture fridge magnet, stickers, pins, depending on gold or silver

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Does anyone else find it extremely cringeworthy and uncomfortable that they have the commentary going on the PA system?

racing identity
Apr 5, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
I’m wild for Darcy Fogarty. Make him captain. Give him a 15 year contract

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

This made me think of Sonique media player for the first time since about 2003

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

Draft tracker is so full of poo poo, Naughton isn't a penetrating and reliable kick at all. That was like the gigantic knock against him, for an attacking defender he can't kick the loving ball.

edit: Ed Richards at 16 I'm really pleased about. Only knock on him is endurance but he's quick, a good user of the ball and him playing at hbf frees up Johannisen to play wing

Testekill fucked around with this message at 09:38 on Nov 24, 2017

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

Coffield looked so flat about not making it to the doggies

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Lots of mature age players going already

Adbot