Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Comptroll The Forums posted:

I like that if you've never read Calvin and Hobbes before and you opened your Sunday paper and saw this for the first time, you would be stuck wondering why the goddamn hell this woman has a talking dinosaur in her kitchen.

I thought it was Marmaduke.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

Lets Pickle posted:

No feathers, what a loving hack.

Karate Bastard posted:

You take that back.

Oh sorry, misunderstood.

That woman plucked an entire T-rex using only a chainsaw and not a nick on it either. Yeah I'd say that's quite an A grade hack job.

Karate Bastard has a new favorite as of 15:30 on Nov 20, 2017

Unmature
May 9, 2008
Phil Lamarr is really pushing that Goblins thing and it's making me feel bad about making fun of it.

John Lee
Mar 2, 2013

A time traveling adventure everyone can enjoy

Rysithusiku posted:

It's not just comics that look worse. I recently ended up watching several hours of Cartoon Network while really high. All the "old" shows are still there, but they all look immeasurably worse than they used to. Several of them even reference the fact that they used to look way better. Like, in the universe of the show. It's a weird fourth wall break that i can only assume is some illustrator's cry for help. Also all coherence, plot, or character has been removed. It's basically just shotgunning colors at faces.
Really entertaining if you're incredibly high and come up with complicated theories as to what drug each character is currently ODing on tho.

Ah, sounds like someone discovered Teen Titans GO!

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

Lets Pickle posted:

No feathers, what a loving hack.

Comic predates feathered dinos being a widely known thing.

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?

Unmature posted:

Phil Lamarr is really pushing that Goblins thing and it's making me feel bad about making fun of it.

I had to unfollow some voice actors I really like (Steve Blum) because they're constantly going on about it. Guy must pay them well

Puseklepp
Jan 9, 2011

like watching the most beautiful ballerina on the best stage

BrandorKP posted:

IIRC, adult T-Rex likely did not have feathers anyways. Comic is accurate.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Puseklepp posted:

IIRC, adult T-Rex likely did not have feathers anyways. Comic is accurate.

You do not remember correctly.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer

Unmature posted:

Someone tell me how this is possible because I like to think it takes effort to make it in the comics and animation business and someone can't refuse to improve their art skills over a decade-plus and then get to work with every respected voice actor.

HPanda
Sep 5, 2008

BJPaskoff posted:

Someone tell me how this is possible because I like to think it takes effort to make it in the comics and animation business and someone can't refuse to improve their art skills over a decade-plus and then get to work with every respected voice actor.

The answer is usually that the author knows someone through family and/or is weirdly good at networking.

Or, just through sheer luck, one of these big names happened upon his work, liked it, and got their friends in on it. No accounting for taste.

Alien Sex Manual
Dec 14, 2010

is not a sandwich

BJPaskoff posted:

The Liefeld phenomenon.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

HPanda posted:

The answer is usually that the author knows someone through family and/or is weirdly good at networking.

Or, just through sheer luck, one of these big names happened upon his work, liked it, and got their friends in on it. No accounting for taste.

See also Lin-Manuel Miranda talking about how Patrick Rothfuss' The Name of the Wind is one of his favorite books and how he liked it so much he's making a TV show out of it.

As for why Phil LaMarr is pushing Goblins so hard, voice acting is a gig that very famously does not pay well and he probably is going to get a share of the profit from the project.

NorgLyle
Sep 20, 2002

Do you think I posted to this forum because I value your companionship?

Random Stranger posted:

I literally finished reading Mark Gruenwald's run on Captain America last night and here's Flag Smasher
Mark Gruenwald is basically the patron saint of comic books. Get on it, Pope Francis.

Puseklepp
Jan 9, 2011

Who What Now posted:

You do not remember correctly.

Nah, I didn't. Just turns out that science has changed from "small theropods had feathers but T-Rex probably didn't but we don't know" to "small theropods had feathers and T-Rex probably too but we don't know." since I graduated.

Just Offscreen
Jun 29, 2006

We must hope that our current selves will one day step aside to make room for better versions of us.

Puseklepp posted:

Nah, I didn't. Just turns out that science has changed from "small theropods had feathers but T-Rex probably didn't but we don't know" to "small theropods had feathers and T-Rex probably too but we don't know." since I graduated.

Feathers are great

Triarii
Jun 14, 2003

Just Offscreen posted:

Feathers are great

I think you mean

Rysithusiku
Nov 10, 2013

Witness the assless man and despair!
All futures point to a world of filled holes.

John Lee posted:

Robin is on crippling amounts of PCP.

Sexual Aluminum
Jun 21, 2003

is made of candy
Soiled Meat

John Lee posted:

At least Starfire isn't dressed like a sex worker in TTG

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?

Puseklepp posted:

Some basal tyrannosauroids had feathers (Yutyrannus, which is in fact the largest feathered organism known to have existed, was discovered a number of years back and prompted all this nonsense) but there is no reason whatsoever to suppose that this means Late Cretaceous tyrannosaurs had feathers; 50-60 million years of evolution separate the two! Skin impressions of adult T. rex show clearly that it did not have feathers.

Just Offscreen
Jun 29, 2006

We must hope that our current selves will one day step aside to make room for better versions of us.

skasion posted:

Some basal tyrannosauroids had feathers (Yutyrannus, which is in fact the largest feathered organism known to have existed, was discovered a number of years back and prompted all this nonsense) but there is no reason whatsoever to suppose that this means Late Cretaceous tyrannosaurs had feathers; 50-60 million years of evolution separate the two! Skin impressions of adult T. rex show clearly that it did not have feathers.

Why would it get more nude over time.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Look in the mirror chummie.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

BrandorKP posted:

I wish Bill Watterson wasn't a complete recluse, because I could write him a letter asking him if he would please draw a feathered tyrannosaur. It would be amazing.

baw
Nov 5, 2008

RESIDENT: LAISSEZ FAIR-SNEZHNEVSKY INSTITUTE FOR FORENSIC PSYCHIATRY

Just Offscreen posted:

Feathers are great

more like a six foot turkey

Puseklepp
Jan 9, 2011

skasion posted:

Yeah that's pretty much how I was taught it, except I didn't know they had skin impressions, neat.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Baby T. rexs could have had feathers.

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost
Feathers, hairs and scales originated from the same cells

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
Are they newborns, or just a rare defect?

Laserjet 4P
Mar 28, 2005

What does it mean?
Fun Shoe

:v: “I’ve got a big pink wrinkly snake! Wanna see it? Ow, my eyes, why are you macing me?”

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

BioEnchanted posted:

Are they newborns, or just a rare defect?

rare defect missing the genes for that type of cells

Just Offscreen
Jun 29, 2006

baw posted:

more like a six foot turkey

More like a turkey that can fit a six foot tall man in it's mouth.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
Sounds like a real jive turkey to me :c00lbutt:

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author

Triarii posted:

I think you mean

This, but unironically

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Just Offscreen posted:

Why would it get more nude over time.

You’re one to talk, human.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer

twoday posted:

This, but unironically

I didn't think i could like dinosaurs more. And then this happened.

trickybiscuits
Jan 13, 2008

yospos

Beachcomber posted:

I wish Bill Watterson wasn't a complete recluse, because I could write him a letter asking him if he would please draw a feathered tyrannosaur. It would be amazing.
Contact him on his facebook page.

Also

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Naked Snake

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

My personal favourite take on feathered dinosaurs - literal idiot pigeons: http://thepunchlineismachismo.com/archives/comic/the-princess-and-the-pellet

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

This should be the cover art for a new release from an acoustic Whitesnake tribute band named Nekkid Snek.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Whitesnake owned.

But I like hair metal. :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Syd Midnight
Sep 23, 2005

Karate Bastard posted:

Look in the mirror chummie.

But as I get older I get hairier. I thought it was weird back when I started growing hair on my face and pits, but now its growing in places where it gets in the way like ears and nose, wtf?

for real tho, even whales and dolphins are born with vestigial baby hair, and baby elephants' scraggly hairdos are adorable.