Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.
I'm enjoying the FFXV online game. My avatar ended up being a pretty sad little bum lady who nevertheless is a freakin' badass. It feels strange to play a FF game with a somewhat normal looking person.

Never thought I'd see Libertus again, so that's neat too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Yeah, Comrades is pretty legit so far. Load times are kind of a bitch, and it could use some QoL stuff, and Quick Play is broken, but I'm surprised how stable it launched otherwise.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

The GIG posted:

It would not be out of place or Ivalice Alliance's writing if they decided to just windmill slam FF14 in there and retcon everything again for the ninth time.

Ivalice is a great setting that seemingly purposefully is not meant to make sense.

Yeah, literally the opening scene of FF Tactics is a guy telling you that history isn't 100% set in stone.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
Yeah, Comrades seems pretty cool so far. Got a neat katana after beating Gladiolus, fought with Aranea and had Cindy make a salad that gave a store discount buff.

RobotsLoveSpectres
Dec 29, 2008
Blame yourself or God

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.
I have to say - beating up Gladiolus as a level five woman like half his size felt pretty good.

Epecially when he leaves town immediately afterwards and Iris congratulates you for taking him down a peg.

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.
I just bought a Kenny Crow t-shirt in FFXV Comrades. This game's alright.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

It needs dance emotes, so I can make pictures like this happen on purpose.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
You should be able to do the JoJo poses like that one sidequest in the main story.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Agreed.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
If anything the online dlc is better played offline cause it seems to result in less frequent load times and bugs. Also it lets you actually able to fight for more than a minute cause if you get like two or three people who know what they are doing the mission is over very quickly.

Zutaten
May 8, 2007

What the shit.

I wish the AI guys knew how to pick up better ingredients, but other than that offline Comrades is pretty fun.

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.
Also, I get to keep my xp when offline. For I hope they fix the online xp bug soon, because other than that, I've had no problems at all with online play.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Enjoying comrades way more than I should.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

These load times are killing me. I love the grind in this game, but holy gently caress. Especially when you throw in random network disconnects.

And yet I keep playing ...

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Fister Roboto posted:

Yeah, literally the opening scene of FF Tactics is a guy telling you that history isn't 100% set in stone.

Also his ancestor who wrote the story just happens to have god-tier time manipulation abilities in combat and the author's father-in-law was destruction incarnate on the battlefield. Oh and the king he hated was a complete and total rear end in a top hat who manipulated everyone around him and you should definitely hate him too.

FFT: Durai Propaganda Edition

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Evil Fluffy posted:

Also his ancestor who wrote the story just happens to have god-tier time manipulation abilities in combat and the author's father-in-law was destruction incarnate on the battlefield. Oh and the king he hated was a complete and total rear end in a top hat who manipulated everyone around him and you should definitely hate him too.

FFT: Durai Propaganda Edition

FFXIV has a healing class called Astrologian. Yet White Mage gets AoE stun. :confused:

Galaxy Stop when Yoshi-P

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
AST has an AOE stun, though.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Die Sexmonster! posted:

FFXIV has a healing class called Astrologian. Yet White Mage gets AoE stun. :confused:

Galaxy Stop when Yoshi-P

Ast has an AoE stun? It even refreshes your buffs too.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

kirbysuperstar posted:

AST has an AOE stun, though.

I don’t play AST. :B thanks.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
The last thing I heard about FF14 was players trolling others on launch day Stormblood because the log-in noise was the exact same as some astrologist move

CeallaSo
May 3, 2013

Wisdom from a Fool

Tae posted:

The last thing I heard about FF14 was players trolling others on launch day Stormblood because the log-in noise was the exact same as some astrologist move

I'm surprised you heard about that but not the game itself trolling players by locking them out of progression by failing to set aside enough server space to allow everyone to enter plot-critical instanced battles. It was a good time.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Oh, I did. It all came from this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BSDS2b8CBd8

It sounded fantastic, especially the part where people were hustling gil to be taxi drivers.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Literally every other issue with Stormblood's launch was completely overshadowed bA SYSTEM ERROR OCCURRED DURING EVENT MOVEMENT

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.
It was ok in the end though, since that was the only time in it's mentire existence that shatter was fun to do.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

ImpAtom posted:

Ast has an AoE stun? It even refreshes your buffs too.

Let's be honest with ourselves.

Celestial Opposition doesn't even come close to Holy.

e:

Oh yeah this isn't the XIV thread.

Holy is a spammable AoE damage ability that looks really cool, does a boat load of damage, and has a hefty stun.

Celestial Opposition also looks really cool but it has a 2 minute cooldown and does no damage. The stun duration is the same as Holy but you can't spam it.

Renegret fucked around with this message at 13:31 on Nov 20, 2017

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.
Thought I finally had Zodiark in FFXII until he puts up Physical Paling and wipes out everyone.

Whats the easiest way of getting around it? Quickenings? Espers?

Party is 50 with mostly endgame gear

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Elephant Ambush posted:

Beat FF12 last night. Heck of a ride. I really liked it except for Pharos tower and the optional upper great crystal area which were unfun slogs. I wish they explained what happened to Venat and the Occurrians after the ending. Everyone claimed they broke free from Occurrian control but there's nothing that shows that.
Don't worry, you can always play the DS sequel.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

WaltherFeng posted:

Thought I finally had Zodiark in FFXII until he puts up Physical Paling and wipes out everyone.

You're probably too low levelled anyway, but a good Quickening chain can take out a lot of his health. He's pretty much immune to physicals after he puts it ups, so you'll need to stick with magic.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

FactsAreUseless posted:

Don't worry, you can always play the DS sequel.

It's on my Christmas list!

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.

ApplesandOranges posted:

You're probably too low levelled anyway, but a good Quickening chain can take out a lot of his health. He's pretty much immune to physicals after he puts it ups, so you'll need to stick with magic.

Pretty sure I can do it because he had a sliver of health left

Also I read Zeromus's Big Bang can be exploited for huge dmg

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Don't tease the Octopus, kids!

WaltherFeng posted:

The way I remember doing it from years ago:

Stop outside the door to his room, and get out your 2 best attackers. Cast haste, bravery, and berserk on them and put them away in reserve right away (to preserve buff time), and bring out your sacrifice unit. The sacrifice unit runs in and casts dispel or something; I dunno, I remember them eating an opening attack and dying. Then bring out your real attack squad and have them tear into him and pretty much kill him before he can get to the paling phase.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

WaltherFeng posted:

don't waste your time, quickenings are physical :downs:

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

The White Dragon posted:

don't waste your time, quickenings are physical :downs:

I wish I woulda found this out before I did The Trickster the other day.

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.
Playing Comrades and have gotten around half way through. Turns out that going blind turned Ignis into a god drat cheater. He could wipe the floor with the rest of the gang.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Renoistic posted:

Playing Comrades and have gotten around half way through. Turns out that going blind turned Ignis into a god drat cheater. He could wipe the floor with the rest of the gang.

I just stunlocked him eternally with a katana tbh, quickest of the three for me. Not looking forward to sparring with the trio at once whenever that is available for me.

I do love how he just stands there spamming like blizzaga, and only physically attacks when you're in range and he hears you.

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.
He has some kind of counter attack which does 9999 damage to me, so spamming attacks didn't work at all. Makes me look forward to his DLC though.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

If you get him staggered he'll stunlock eternally, but my katana is also beefy as gently caress right now so that may have helped.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Any of y'all gime a quick rundown on how I should be upgrading weapons in comrades?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Norns posted:

Any of y'all gime a quick rundown on how I should be upgrading weapons in comrades?

https://youtu.be/Okj8VR1kvNM

This is a good basic rundown for how to evolve them properly. Beyond that it's up to you what kind of build you want, since weapon stats are the main way to build your character stats.