Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

PureRok posted:

For some reason I had this weird idea this game was getting a release on Steam at the same time. Guess not. I wonder what I was confusing it with.

I guess I get to wait a while longer.
It was, but they has to delay it to winter for QA testing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Sefal posted:

I already pre ordered the LE. So they already have my money. But to those who already played it.
Is it good?

I'm going to assume it's 100% mediocre but has good dialogue. Anything has to be better than Blanc v Zombies.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
4GO does not use the usual Tamsoft engine used in Blanc vs Zombies, Senran Kagura, Drive Girls, etc. They obviously used that experience when making the game in Unreal Engine but it's not the same one. The 4GO in universe bosses are reused models from Blanc vs Zombies but there are also new ones that show up.

The story is just what would be expected from the goddesses all logging in to an online game together. They follow the MMO's plot while a rivalry with not-Kirito and her princess escalates. I've enjoyed it so far and hopefully I can wrap up the story tonight.

HellCopter
Feb 9, 2012
College Slice
I know Nep game plots are fluff in the first place, but does 4GO even have one? The stakes are literally zero.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
The actual in universe 4go story is that they need to awaken the goddesses with 4 treasures to defeat a demon king.

The overall game however
Someone in the real world is trying to destroy 4GO because her own company's online game failed. She uses not-Kirito to test a cheating tool then begins to corrupt the game with glitched monsters.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Dehry posted:

They follow the MMO's plot while a rivalry with not-Kirito and her princess escalates.

I haven't watched Accel World, so I don't know if they translate Kuroyukihime's name in English or not, but I hope that the use of Kiria and Kuronekohime isn't lost on people. I also hope that the joke is actually good.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Takoluka posted:

I haven't watched Accel World, so I don't know if they translate Kuroyukihime's name in English or not, but I hope that the use of Kiria and Kuronekohime isn't lost on people. I also hope that the joke is actually good.

It's just † Black Cat Princess †

HellCopter
Feb 9, 2012
College Slice
Everyone I know caught "Kiria" instantly. Kuronekohime is a good joke that I totally missed though.

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

Dehry posted:

The story is just what would be expected from the goddesses all logging in to an online game together. They follow the MMO's plot while a rivalry with not-Kirito and her princess escalates. I've enjoyed it so far and hopefully I can wrap up the story tonight.

Terrific!
I should actually beat a nep game before buying another one, but here I am rotating through them at high speed.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Dehry posted:

It's just † Black Cat Princess †

Does the English version of Accel World call her Black Snow Princess?

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

Liver Disaster posted:

Terrific!
I should actually beat a nep game before buying another one, but here I am rotating through them at high speed.

Buying Nep games is its own reward, even if you don't have time to play them all. Support Nep

Which reminds me that i really need to get back to working on getting the platinum for the first Nep

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

4GO's gameplay is much better than my low expectations, even if it's mostly just an easy button mash it's still fairly satisfying and some enemies can drop you surprisingly quickly if you gently caress up your dodges or blocks.

Alternatively bring Nepgear and Uni and trivialize everything with extremely dirty play.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Well I beat the main story. The credits actually rolled early and a number of empty spots in the gallery were filled with the montage it showed. I suppose there's some reward for completing all the missions, but for now I'm happy finishing the story.

I've probably also learned more about tea than I ever wanted to know.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Dehry posted:

Well I beat the main story. The credits actually rolled early and a number of empty spots in the gallery were filled with the montage it showed. I suppose there's some reward for completing all the missions, but for now I'm happy finishing the story.

I've probably also learned more about tea than I ever wanted to know.

Did you learn that coffee is better? That's the only tea knowledge you need.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
IFI had an art contest and posted the results in a silly in-character fake forum.

HGH fucked around with this message at 11:15 on Oct 12, 2017

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
Good lord that was hilarious.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

That burn on Noire from Nep though.

But seriously, I wish more companies embraced their games like IFI does

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

But seriously, I wish more companies embraced their games like IFI does

The Atelier guys are just throwing away money at this point.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

This. This is why I give them money.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
Same, really. Make more figures please, I'll buy them all.

Green Tea Erotica
May 5, 2010

Anything you can do I can do BETTER

Mordaedil posted:

Same, really. Make more figures please, I'll buy them all.

I've hesitated on buying any Nep figures because they have yet to put all the Goddesses & Sisters in a single Line of Scale Non-Prize Figures.
Gimmie 8 Nep figmas GSC, I'll even take that!

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
FYI the rank 8 guild missions continue beyond a rematch with the final boss. I thought I was going to finish last night then it popped in another 5 boss battle missions. At least I won't have any gem slots wasted with an EXP booster.

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

Buy the Neplushie, it is really really good.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Aside from the cosmetic rewards of plush oracle dolls and an easy platinum, there's no real reason to play beyond the final 4GO boss. Completing later missions would occasionally open a side event, but pretty much all of rank 8 was watching an event with Black Cat Princess try to recruit the Gold Third broken up into several segments.

Make sure to use the free prayers at least and get characters around level 60 for all skills.

E: Total time for a platinum trophy was under 26 hours. Had I balanced out my characters so they all got their skills and used prayers it would have been much less.

Dehry fucked around with this message at 03:24 on Oct 15, 2017

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Is it just me or do melee characters' parry counters almost always miss except against like giant dogoos due to stopping short on the dash in?

Overall this game has about the level of jank and nonsense enemy scaling that I'd expect of Tamsoft game + Nep game. Not a dealbreaker, but I doubt I'll come back to it after finishing. They did a pretty good job with the visual style in UE4 though, and even the occasional in engine cutscene.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

I think, most of all, it's just nice to have a Nep game where there's basically no stakes. It allows for maximum goofing off, which is the best part of any Nep game anyways.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Stelas posted:

I think, most of all, it's just nice to have a Nep game where there's basically no stakes. It allows for maximum goofing off, which is the best part of any Nep game anyways.

This is very true! I feel like PP kind of did the same thing, to some extent.

Ozdhaka
Oct 20, 2012
GOG sale live, turns out the three Re;Births are notable enough to get it's own dedicated bundle, even though they're the only Nep games available so far on GOG.

Yo, Retroism, can you do us a solid and help get the rest of the Nep games on there too?

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

https://twitter.com/IdeaFactoryIntl/status/931582709675130880

https://twitter.com/IdeaFactoryIntl/status/932671136185376768

Also since I need to update the thread, I'll start here:

https://twitter.com/IdeaFactoryIntl/status/922515336200515585

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
Vive port please.

I pray under my tree of figurines.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Mordaedil posted:

Vive port please.

I pray under my tree of figurines.

I do wonder if they'll actually have a PC port of VIIR. I don't know if PSVR works differently underneath the hood.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
The VR segments can be done without PSVR so they could just disable it more realistically.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
I want a lot of weird PS4VR exclusives on Vive, I'm mostly expecting squat.

Like this weirdness
https://twitter.com/konarofu/status/918732153843675136

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Dehry posted:

The VR segments can be done without PSVR so they could just disable it more realistically.

As an owner of VIIR, I can safely say it's not the same and I hope they don't do that.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
I can't believe it's an entire week until we can order the Nep Nep Mug

Ozdhaka
Oct 20, 2012
As a sidenote, Humble Bundle's Fall sale has more Nep games for sale again, along with their other stuff!

FanaticalMilk
Mar 11, 2011

Takoluka posted:

I do wonder if they'll actually have a PC port of VIIR. I don't know if PSVR works differently underneath the hood.

Considering other PSVR-first games have come to PC like Rez Infinite, it's definitely possible, though I have no idea how much or how little work goes into the porting process.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/dengekips/status/932802450276343808

Nep up your room.