Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

thatguy posted:

Be nice to Fandred if he posts here you loving idiots. I need this.

I'll pretty much be an rear end in a top hat to that dude guaranteed. He's the worst.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

Fandred is at the very least capable of self-reflection and considering changing his/her mind, and talking about that, which is better than 99.9% of internet users.

SCtrumpHaters
Oct 28, 2017

by Nyc_Tattoo
If he describes how he was a secret agent for SC like he said on reddit I'll welcome him as a brother.

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

Dogeh posted:

Goon 2:5 And in the beginning of the ELE, all was good in the Star Citizen community. The whales were brought forth and did purchase of the jpegs in copious amounts. The people asked 'Was Star Citizen good?' and the Shills replied 'Yea verily, for unto you a ship is born and it shall be called Idris and you will land the ship on many moons of your choice' and the people were glad.

Goon 2:6 But in all the lands did a darkness dwell. For hidden from the people, a great untruth was lying. And people knew it not. The base god of the people had maketh a falsehood and had told the people that Star Citizen was good and that they should buyeth of it, and that he would finish it, in fidelity. The fidelity was to be good and the fidelity was to be real.

Goon 2:7 But lo, a great prophet came at that time and his name was Derek. Derek was the counting of his name and the people were mightily puzzled. 'Derek', they cried, 'whence come thee to this land of darkness?'

Goon 2:8 And the Derek replied "Oh great people for whom doth thou not knowest the truth, verily this day an evil lies in the land and you can read about it in my July blog'. And the people did readest of the July blog and it took them many days for Derek was not light of typing.

Goon 2:9 But gradually the people knew of the blog and they knew Derek. But yet, there were those who had not taketh of the blogs and they were mightily afraid.

Goon 2:10 They had come from a far off place, a land where darkness walked in perpetuity, called r/ds. They greatly envied his genitals and spoketh about them in hushed tones.

Goon 2:11 "Oh Derek," they cried, "Why are thy genitals so superior to ours?". And Derek smiled on them and blocked them.

Goon 2:12 Then it came to pass, that the owner of the land of r/ds, a man called Jester, did tire of the people from r/ds, and closed off the land to others. Derek was mightily pleased and shouted gaily, "I closed those rear end-clowns down."

Goon 2:13 And the people from r/ds did gnash their teeth and wail epithets at the prophet and he smiled all the more.

:kiss:

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Lethality needs to get on the Derek payroll as well. The best thing about the crazies is that they do a better job of alienating and scaring away legitimate customers than anybody else.

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

Beet Wagon posted:

I'll pretty much be an rear end in a top hat to that dude guaranteed. He's the worst.

if he gets an account please ban him immediately (before he posts ideally) for prior mod sass when he stalked you on reddit

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

SCtrumpHaters posted:

If he describes how he was a secret agent for SC like he said on reddit I'll welcome him as a brother.

hes joe blober

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Toops posted:

Fandred is at the very least capable of self-reflection and considering changing his/her mind, and talking about that, which is better than 99.9% of internet users.

Yeah, he's in love with the smell of his own farts but I've had many exchanges with him where (after dragging the whole thing for freaking ages) he manages to see a bit of light.

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

Beet Wagon posted:

It's me. The goon laughing my rear end off at how uncomfortable Fandred makes Beet feel.

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."
To be fair, considering The Wulge made me uncomfortable back when he thought I was anonymously exposing his poo poo (but wasn't) and kept 'calling me out' everywhere I wasn't, I can understand Beet being such too with someone that supposedly stalked him over Reddit.

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

CrazyLoon posted:

To be fair, considering The Wulge made me uncomfortable back when he thought I was anonymously exposing his poo poo (but wasn't) and kept 'calling me out' everywhere I wasn't, I can understand Beet being such too with someone that supposedly stalked him over Reddit.

Well to be fair, they both only post about video games. So it's not like a huge leap to come across one another.

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x6a2oel

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer
due to an ongoing and targeted harassment campaign, I'll be taking a break from this thread for awhile

at least while sober

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Jobbo_Fett posted:

I, for one, welcome Fandred and his dissenting opinion on Goons and Star Citizen.

I do too. :)

I hope he can make the cross. We’ve got lots of people who used to be supporters but CIG’s business practices lost them.

It’s not an us vs them fight, it’s gamers vs CIG.

The only reason there isn’t a huge outcry of “what the gently caress, CIG” is because their deceitful system of think-quashing managed to create a tight group of supporters who can’t think about what CIG actually is doing because they’d be cast out like the others.

Gamers in general, as recently evidenced by EA, really hate the practices CIG is employing. They don’t even have micro transactions. It’s like car down payment level transactions and it’s insane.

They are no closer to releasing anything today than they were when they launched Arena Commander. It’s possible even that Arena Commander was more stable and more fun, too. People could at least see the vision of what was to be.

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

TheAgent posted:

due to an ongoing and targeted harassment campaign, I'll be taking a break from this thread for awhile

at least while sober

could you post some pics of your naked body wrapped in a goonrathi flag? For my immersion

tak
Jan 31, 2003

lol demowned
Grimey Drawer

TheAgent posted:

at least while sober

It's those drat internet bullies again, isn't it

Just remember anyone who brigades you online isn't your friend

stinch
Nov 21, 2013

EightAce posted:

you do know that all this time Derek has been banging on about an ELE he was in fact referring to R/DSmart and he was right , wasn't he !

not sure it's much of an ELE if they all end up unmoderated on Twitter.

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development

Obvious troll is obvious. The Citizens will see right through it! :eng101:

:eng99:

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Fandred1 is learning that it’s not goons or Derek who make CIG look like a comedy and a bad studio, it’s CIG.

Pretty sure nobody here can wave a wand and say, “abracadabra, no progress for 6 years and no game to show for it, but tons of YouTube content and aimless merchandising!” Unless really Mel Brooks is here because he could probably do that. :)

SCtrumpHaters
Oct 28, 2017

by Nyc_Tattoo

TheAgent posted:

at least while sober

Send some flowers to yourself about it

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

TheAgent posted:

last year they pulled in an amazing $6,738,501 during their 12 day anniversary sale, so it could happen! of course, speculation last year was that 3.0 and a huge number of game systems were right around the corner for jan/feb 2017 at the absolute latest, along with a hanger or flight ready status for a ton of new concept ships

Well I guess it's pretty lucky for them that speculation says 3.0 and a huge number of game systems are right around the corner for this year as well!

Beet Wagon posted:

I'm just really savoring the irony of him being accused of being a secret goon all along.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

DapperDon posted:

It's me. The goon laughing my rear end off at how uncomfortable Fandred makes Beet feel.

Solarin posted:

if he gets an account please ban him immediately (before he posts ideally) for prior mod sass when he stalked you on reddit

Nah, even though Dapper is right - he really does give me the heebie jeebies - if he really does want to come post here I'm not gonna stop him as long as he can keep it in his pants in terms of his weird love/hate relationship with me. The subtext here is that I don't think he can and I'm almost certain that if he does come post here we'll almost immediately see a big long diatribe about how he really was neutral this whole time and my treating him like a dangerous escaped lunatic was unfair because of whatever weird reason.

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat
So who's going to buy Fandred an account?

Not it

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

“GlassDoor” posted:

Nov 19, 2017

"Nice people but no idea what they wanted"

2 of 5 Stars

Former Employee - Network Engineer in Houston, TX

— Doesn't Recommend
— Negative Outlook
— CEO

I worked at Cloud Imperium Games full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros
Really cool company to work for and everyone wants to talk to you about it. Have some great equipment especially stuff donated from Amazon.

Cons
My job wasn't really needed at the stage in the project I was hired, and won't be needed for quite some time. My advise was taken but not listened to, and more senior people were posted above me from other departments with absolutely no history of networking - like art / marketing

Well friend, that’s because Cloud Imperium Games isn’t a gaming studio, it’s a company whose core business model is now and has always been the marketing and selling of high-poly spaceship assets or even more desirably the promise of them. It is led by a troika of amoral family members who are hopelessly unfit to lead a 2017-era gaming studio yet uniquely gifted at rationalizing their opportunistic financial exploitation of a credulous customer base and considerably proficient at employing cinematic propaganda to achieve those ends. So effective have they been at the unthinkable that their core financiers are now more invested in playing a psychosocial game — that being one of ritualized anticipation of the next ship sale, the next fan conference, the next TV show — than in playing the previously promised actual game.

Had they been making that from the start, well, you might’ve been a valued employee rather than a whiny packet nerd forced to report to a management-tier compromised of a hangars-on society of longtime Hollywood cronies and even longer-time game industry friends from a bygone era in which the founder was relevant. Oh, and his wife, who lacks the talent to have even been either.

AutismVaccine
Feb 26, 2017

SPECIAL NEEDS
SQUAD

Not it too

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

G0RF posted:

[url=https://www.glassdoor.com/Reviews/Cloud-Imperium-Games-Reviews-E776546.htm]

Well friend, that’s because Cloud Imperium Games isn’t a gaming studio, it’s a company whose core business model is now and has always been the marketing and selling of high-poly spaceship assets or even more desirably the promise of them. It is led by a troika of amoral family members who are hopelessly unfit to lead a 2017-era gaming studio yet uniquely gifted at rationalizing their opportunistic financial exploitation of a credulous customer base and considerably proficient at employing cinematic propaganda to achieve those ends. So effective have they been at the unthinkable that their core financiers are now more invested in playing a psychosocial game — that being one of ritualized anticipation of the next ship sale, the next fan conference, the next TV show — than in playing the previously promised actual game.

Had they been making that from the start, well, you might’ve been a valued employee rather than a whiny packet nerd forced to report to a management-tier compromised of a hangars-on society of longtime Hollywood cronies and even longer-time game industry friends from a bygone era in which the founder was relevant. Oh, and his wife, who lacks the talent to have even been either.

I don't even have to check reddit to know that glassdoor review is FAKE NEWS perpetrated by the CHIEF FUDSTER DERKE SCHMART who HATES CHRISP ROBBERTS because he is JEALOUS!!

Nice try, goonie

Combat Theory
Jul 16, 2017

I missed fandred chat and rim chat... Thanks EA for fuckin up the week something funny happens again :negative:

AutismVaccine
Feb 26, 2017

SPECIAL NEEDS
SQUAD

Also half of the crazies from r/ds are goons, so inviting them is kinda pointless

AutismVaccine
Feb 26, 2017

SPECIAL NEEDS
SQUAD

Combat Theory posted:

I missed fandred chat and rim chat... Thanks EA for fuckin up the week something funny happens again :negative:

Wait until CIG announces loot boxes

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

The Titanic posted:

Fandred1 is learning that it’s not goons or Derek who make CIG look like a comedy and a bad studio, it’s CIG.

Pretty sure nobody here can wave a wand and say, “abracadabra, no progress for 6 years and no game to show for it, but tons of YouTube content and aimless merchandising!” Unless really Mel Brooks is here because he could probably do that. :)

Combat Theory
Jul 16, 2017

G0RF posted:

[url=https://www.glassdoor.com/Reviews/Cloud-Imperium-Games-Reviews-E776546.htm]

There goes 33% of cigs networking workforce.

Press <USE> to pay respects

VictorianQueerLit
Aug 25, 2017

I think if she is 36 months past her due date then you might want to consider making some changes.

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3

TheAgent posted:

they have 10 days to make $6.5 million in order to match last years funding

lol

Total in November 2017 (so far): $1,081,927
Total in November 2016 (total): $7,776,767

last year they pulled in an amazing $6,738,501 during their 12 day anniversary sale, so it could happen! of course, speculation last year was that 3.0 and a huge number of game systems were right around the corner for jan/feb 2017 at the absolute latest, along with a hanger or flight ready status for a ton of new concept ships

they need about the same level of funding as last year, but I'm thinking they won't hit above $5m this november (prediction models indicate sub $4m, but never underestimate how loving stupid these people are)

Sub $4m for Nov would be 50% down on 2016 after being 40% down for Oct

If it keeps dropping like this it'll hit zero in April.

CIG are dangling the same things they dangled last year and didn't deliver any of it. Everyone still spending money is doing so with no expectation of delivery whatsoever.

They're going to show a SQ42 'roadmap' ffs. Apparently the planetary stuff runs so badly Evocati don't want anyone to see it. Worse than that, pole vaulting and sliding around still aren't in.

Loxbourne
Apr 6, 2011

Tomorrow, doom!
But now, tea.
I just want to see Fandred crossing the border like a proper Cold War defection. Huge concrete wall, rain-slick streets, signs in a strange Xi'an language, sinister men in trenchcoats giving the signal.

Then he's over the barbed wire and running. Alarms blare and searchlights spark up, oh no! Gunshots ring out! Then the entire border guard force suddenly clip through their own guard towers and collapse spasming.

Derek and Beer adjust their long grey coat collars and smuggle him into a basement full of angry, dancing cats. They send the codeword - defector secure. Crack teams of refunders swing into action. By the next morning, Fandred's been smuggled into Prague hidden in the bottom of a crate of Wing Commander memorabilia and his refund has been laundered through a dozen offshore investment accounts from Siberia to Madagascar.

Shhh, shhh, you're safe now. Another freed from the long shadow of the Crobbler.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

I'm actually a little surprised that the base-building ship didn't make up a huge part of the gap. I thought nerds were gonna lose their mind over that one.

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

AutismVaccine posted:

Wait until CIG announces loot boxes

Loot boxes require a playable game. It would be suicidal for them to do loot boxes. Cosmetic or otherwise. You simply can't payable loot box a tech demo.

FYI, some of the background rumor on the Battlefront loot boxes: Disney didn't allow cosmetic boxes because it would dilute the designs of the carefully crafted commercially identifiable characters. If you get cosmetic add-ons for Vader, or whoever, it alters Disney's highly profitable focus group tested character. So, EA didn't even have the option for cosmetics.

It kind of makes sense, since cosmetics are the go to loot box content, and zero of Battlefront's stuff was cosmetic.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Beet Wagon posted:

I'm actually a little surprised that the base-building ship didn't make up a huge part of the gap. I thought nerds were gonna lose their mind over that one.
this sale will really show how much backers still believe in star citizen

if they really do hit sub 4m numbers, confidence has been seriously shaken

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

Beet Wagon posted:

$850

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

lol I just noticed the video description

quote:

A simple showcase of the Tesla Avern's design.

Beauty contrasted with a stunning sunrise, the sun reaches every contour and crevice of this wonderful machine. It makes even the biggest Tesla skeptics cry with envy. (Sponsored by Intel)

Okay, Hater. Dial it back a bit, buddy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer

SomethingJones posted:

Sub $4m for Nov would be 50% down on 2016 after being 40% down for Oct

If it keeps dropping like this it'll hit zero in April.
nah you still will have legit crazy people buying up poo poo, like that dude who bought 4 or 5 of the base building ships