Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NihilCredo
Jun 6, 2011

iram omni possibili modo preme:
plus una illa te diffamabit, quam multæ virtutes commendabunt

Dangerllama posted:

Each team brings their own balls.

TXT BOOTY7 2 47474 posted:

Yes, but interceptions happen. Both teams handle the balls, they need to be standard

*giggles like a schoolboy*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

Football is cool, and good.

Minus the brain trauma and patterns of abuse of course.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
Football is such a GRMM thing to like. Just sit on your fat rear end for five hours eating and drinking during commercials.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

Chieves posted:

Football is cool, and good.

Minus the brain trauma and patterns of abuse of course.

So what you're saying is you're a fan of half time and maybe half of the referees?

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Ginette Reno posted:

Football is such a GRMM thing to like. Just sit on your fat rear end for five hours eating and drinking during commercials.

I can't remember Ser Dontos in the books but it's funny that in the show he's a slovenly, fat and unfashionably late bastard wearing American livery who ends up perving on a young girl and dying unmissed

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

syscall girl posted:

I can't remember Ser Dontos in the books but it's funny that in the show he's a slovenly, fat and unfashionably late bastard wearing American livery who ends up perving on a young girl and dying unmissed

In the books he’s basically the same only he pervs on Sansa on and off across all of CoK and SoS. The show at least has the decency to stuff him in a broom closet until he’s absolutely positively needed to advance the plot.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
I mean, he is promised a poo poo ton of money from Littlefinger, I don't think he ever gives a poo poo about Sansa.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Only the Hound and the other Starks have ever cared about Sansa. Maybe Tyrion a bit. That little tattle-tale started this whole mess! :mad:

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
In the books Littlefinger clearly 'cares', I guess that we're supposed to wonder what caring actually means for a guy like that, but even if he is entirely driven by his own self interests it seems that there is some creepy romantic element that is particularly centered around Sansa and Catelyn.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Dude likes red heads. Can't blame him.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

i wonder how many times higher gurms cholesterol count is than his twow word count

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 14:03 on Nov 18, 2017

Invicta{HOG}, M.D.
Jan 16, 2002

Josuke Higashikata posted:

i wonder how many times higher gurms cholesterol count is than his twow word count

He's finished TWOW and is almost done with ASOS and will release them both with the last season.

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

Invicta{HOG}, M.D. posted:

He's finished TWOW and is almost done with ASOS and will release them both with the last season.

This is cosmically impossible in this hell dimension within which we are currently living.

Woodpile
Mar 30, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 hours!

Invicta{HOG}, M.D. posted:

Bless your heart.

Jack2142
Jul 17, 2014

Shitposting in Seattle

Grrm should just release the remaining books as a set of novella's from each characters POV.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
GRRM should sell the rights to Disney so we get a yearly book, yearly movie, CGI animated show, and yearly off-shoot films. Can't wait for Nimble Dick: A Song of Ice and Fire Story.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

I bet you can’t make money off anything but the core series.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
They missed their window for an arya hound spinoff where they never stop wandering around the riverlands loving poo poo up.

Brother Friendship
Jul 12, 2013

Invalid Validation posted:

I bet you can’t make money off anything but the core series.

I'm shocked that it is even making it to the end. I'm not sure the show would survive two more seasons.

Syzygy Stardust
Mar 1, 2017

by R. Guyovich
The preview chapter of the new Expanse book has a...sizable time jump in it. I like to think Ty agreed to it as a sideways commentary on GRRM forgoing the same.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Syzygy Stardust posted:

The preview chapter of the new Expanse book has a...sizable time jump in it. I like to think Ty agreed to it as a sideways commentary on GRRM forgoing the same.

It makes me quite happy to know that after years of toiling away as GRRM’s manservant that Ty finally broke free and now has a series of successful books and a TV adaptation of his own, while GRRM sits alone watching football in his den (I’m assuming alone. I don’t know/care if his wife is a football fan).

Ogmius815
Aug 25, 2005
centrism is a hell of a drug

nine-gear crow posted:

It makes me quite happy to know that after years of toiling away as GRRM’s manservant that Ty finally broke free and now has a series of successful books and a TV adaptation of his own, while GRRM sits alone watching football in his den (I’m assuming alone. I don’t know/care if his wife is a football fan).

Wait wait wait, so the Ty half of James S. A. Corey is the same Ty who used to be the GRRM's assistant? That's hilarious I wonder how I never put that together before.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Blind Sally posted:

GRRM should sell the rights to Disney so we get a yearly book, yearly movie, CGI animated show, and yearly off-shoot films. Can't wait for Nimble Dick: A Song of Ice and Fire Story.

And a yearly game from EA where it's just a snow shoveling sim unless you pay them another $200.

kcroy
May 30, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

TK-42-1 posted:

This is cosmically impossible in this hell dimension within which we are currently living.

If you had asked me 2 years ago which was more likely:

-GRRM has secretly finished both books and is waiting to release them with the season finale
or
-Donald Trump will be president in 2017

I honestly would have picked the first as being more likely.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Noted political sage Nate Silver gave Trump a 30% chance at winning the election and being President in 2017.

There was exactly 0% chance that TWOW was coming out in 2017.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Noted political sage Nate Silver gave Trump a 30% chance at winning the election and being President in 2017.

There was exactly 0% chance that TWOW was coming out in 2017.

fivethirtyeight is over rated but yeah

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

There is exactly 0% chance that TWOW is coming out

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
I have an advanced copy of A Dream of Spring.

Zombie Cersei is actually pretty cool.

But yeah TWoW is never coming out.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

syscall girl posted:

fivethirtyeight is over rated but yeah

Though every single other poll analyst is overoverrated.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Lycus posted:

Though every single other poll analyst is overoverrated.

normally we figure out who the next prez is by halloween mask sales

https://www.halloweencostumes.com/game-of-thrones-costumes.html

who could have predicted it'd be dragon girl?

pakman
Jun 27, 2011

Is it out yet

NihilCredo
Jun 6, 2011

iram omni possibili modo preme:
plus una illa te diffamabit, quam multæ virtutes commendabunt

pakman posted:

Is it out yet

Aye, of fucks to give, m'lord.

MalarkeyToboggan
Jan 4, 2015

Didn't see this posted yet. I just watched Logan Lucky and this scene cracked me up.

https://youtu.be/J-CUJxIQkpA

kcroy
May 30, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

MalarkeyToboggan posted:

Didn't see this posted yet. I just watched Logan Lucky and this scene cracked me up.

https://youtu.be/J-CUJxIQkpA

best laugh I've had in a while. thanks

pakman
Jun 27, 2011

Is he dead yet?

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

He can't finish a book, but he's "trying." He can't finish a buffet, but he's "trying."

What makes you think his life will ever end?

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
But that's okay. You know what he did manage to finish, and is coming out this week?

More

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Never heard of it.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

nine-gear crow posted:

But that's okay. You know what he did manage to finish, and is coming out this week?

More

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

nine-gear crow posted:

More

gods bless