Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I obtain sexual gratification from observing people being inflicted with violent head injuries
Fucks sake.

I thought I got a new lead from the guys who train at Mikes Gym, I asked where the most dangerous place was so I could meet some real killers, and they gave me these co-ordinates to a place called "Artis".

The girlfriend and I went, Artis means Zoo in Dutch, the co-ordinates were to the lion enclosure.

I thought when they were discussing shark tanks they meant when one dude goes against a fresh guy every round, but they were actually debating which would be more dangerous a shark tank in the aquarium or the lion enclosure.

We had a nice time.

They also let me take a photo in the RLD where no photos are allowed because I came back after the previous night and they thought I was very brave, also because it was day time and there weren't many prostitutes about. I'll post it when I'm back in the UK.

Girlfriend is kinda mad that I've made this trip about mma/kickboxing but at the same time appreciates that we've had a great holiday.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad
Artis is actually Latin, but sounds like you need to sleep off whatever drugs Badr elbowed into you.

LochNessMonster
Feb 3, 2005

I need about three fitty

Reminds me of a tourist asking a tram driver if he was going to Artis. His anwser was: “no mam, there are actually people who have to work” (tram line was going to Artis).

Artis does not mean zoo, it’s just the name of that one. Dierentuin means zoo (literally it means animal garden).

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I obtain sexual gratification from observing people being inflicted with violent head injuries
Ohhh, ok, sorry for my ignorance, everything was lalbed Artis on the way there and the entrance itself had Artis written on it so I assumed it meant Zoo, because it was a Zoo.

I didn't get to meet Badr, he wasn't around (prison maybe?), if he had of been I'd of certainly given him a piece of my mind. There's a man who needs being told straight if ever I saw one.

Anyways I'm off to try some marijuana because it's legal here. I'm done with adventuring.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

willie_dee posted:

Ohhh, ok, sorry for my ignorance, everything was lalbed Artis on the way there and the entrance itself had Artis written on it so I assumed it meant Zoo, because it was a Zoo.

I didn't get to meet Badr, he wasn't around (prison maybe?), if he had of been I'd of certainly given him a piece of my mind. There's a man who needs being told straight if ever I saw one.

Anyways I'm off to try some marijuana because it's legal here. I'm done with adventuring.

You strike me as an Indica type guy. REMEMBER THIS!

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!
If you meet Dick Vrij tell him that I love his work and also get very, very far away from him ASAP

TheReverend
Jun 21, 2005

Who under 15 doesn't know Nirvana / Krist Novoselic?

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

Maybe over would be better. Had a kid at work say they didn't know what Crystal Pepsi was.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
More importantly I googled Krist Novoselic bagel and amsterdam and found nothing....

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

TheReverend posted:

Who under 15 doesn't know Nirvana / Krist Novoselic?

Oh, the guy who actually knocked himself out throwing his bass.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006
Hey Willie, you aren’t in Badr’s trunk or anything, right?

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011
Did melvin win

Puckish Rogue
Jun 24, 2010

david carmichael posted:

Did melvin win

There was no on-screen (stream?) death so in a way they both won.

Melvin got the decision and no one really believed it and also no one really cared.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
https://i.imgur.com/HWSpBJK.gifv

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

that's illegal!

DekeThornton
Sep 2, 2011

Be friends!

coconono posted:

that's illegal!

Well obviously, this is the crime thread.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

DekeThornton posted:

Well obviously, this is the crime thread.

That's the most "kickboxing" thing I've ever seen.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

Drago has spent the last 5 years I dunno reformatting himself for widescreen while Kyshenko went to China and became maybe the best 80kg kickboxer there is. This is hosed up

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Triticum Guzzler posted:

Drago has spent the last 5 years I dunno reformatting himself for widescreen while Kyshenko went to China and became maybe the best 80kg kickboxer there is. This is hosed up

Gago Drago cannot be a real name and he looks like the living embodiment of the words, "Never Forget."

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

I think 8 months for scheduling an event is kinda a lot. Can't recall a fight card being promoted that far in advance.

It's settled, Kyshenko is the new face of roidtech.

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011
Kyshenko always had a lot of trouble with the weight cut, but drago did not. Kyshenko has been great at 80 kg, and maybe 8 months is enough time for drago to get into shape instead of just looking like an extremely retired kickboxer. He was a lot of fun to watch a million years ago though

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
Drago was cool but he was also a middle of the pack guy who took a string of beatings so bad he became a bodyguard and part time Borat

https://youtu.be/_0jrosBbB2Q

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011
Yeah. When he was at his best he still wasnt competitive with a starving kyshenko, so it will be a slaughtet

Novum
May 26, 2012

That's how we roll
Its worth noting that Chip Moraza just fought in London and now has two belts through Lionfights and I'm proud of our boy and still annoyed that Lionfights info is impossible for people to find.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
Lion Fight is super low rent these days, which is a shame because there's a die hard fanbase for full Thai rules, it seems like the kind of thing that fight pass could breathe life into

Novum
May 26, 2012

That's how we roll
I'm going to get myself into a room with the ceo and tell him to shape it up.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
Shitarse "heavyweight" tournament tomorrow in Japan:

quote:

Fightcard
Heavyweight Tournament
Uehara Makoto vs. Pacome Assi
K-JEE vs. Antonio Plazibat
Iwashita Masahiro vs. Roel Mannaart
Koichi Pettas vs. Ibrahim El Bouni

Tournament Reserve Fight
Aitaka Ryo vs. Furuta Taichi

SuperFights
Urabe Koya vs. Christian Spetcu
Ren Hiramoto vs. Sasaki Daizo
Yamato Tetsuya vs. Nakazawa Jun
Takei Yoshiki vs. Victor Saravia
Kido Yasuhiro vs. Kimura Philip Minoru
Komiyama Kosuke vs. Stauros Exakoustidis

Undercard is fairly decent if mostly unspectacular though. Stauros is really cool and just smashed Taiga and should rightfully be K-1 champ. He's the only guy in living memory who got promoted as "look at this guy, he's just like fighter X because he's from the same country!" and then actually did Zambo the poo poo out of someone.

Nuits des Champions is on again in France this Saturday, they're bringing in Noiri again so depending on if it gets captured there should be a couple of good fights to catch soon.

TheTrend
Feb 4, 2005
I have a descriminating toe

Shitarse is the Spanish reflexive for "to poo poo one's self" Very appropriate given this tourney

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
The overall level of talent in the K-1 tournament was certainly nothing to write home about but Plazibat looks legit. Videos are all up on the official channel and there were 9 first round KOs so you can click on a short video and see something cool happen. The tournament basically felt like a Glory contenders tournament but with a Test Your Might minigame beforehand where all the actual contestants smashed some no hoper.

First off, the best thing that happened was K-JEE's opening offense being to fall over and smash his own dick and balls:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TTcdCn17ZU8&t=84s

Plazibat's other KO was sweet too

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTfAi7A3le8

So was this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JWy9OHCWKCw

Yoshiki Takei vs Victor Saravia had a badass ending. Saravia put up a decent fight when he destroyed Takeru's balls so I wouldn't be surprised if they do a champ vs champ fight at some point

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zE8qAWHNzI

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

what a loving weapon lol

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
Glory just announced they've signed Badr to a multi-fight contract, he's fighting again March 3rd but they're a bit cagey about whether he fights the winner of Rico/JBS or not. That event is going on right now anyway.

Also in March, K-1 are running their first show in the proper Saitama Super Arena. Thus far the card is:

Takeru vs Taiga 3
Masaaki Noiri vs Tetsuya Yamato 2
Yuta Kubo vs Melsik Baghdasaryan
Wei Rui vs Koya Urabe
Kaew vs Ren Hiramoto
Plazibat will also defend his title, so that's 5 title fights
Chingiz Allazov is also going to fight against the winner of Hinata vs Yu Hirono later this month, but not sure if that's a title fight

That's going to be an awesome card, but it's going to be on a Wednesday :confused:

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

Which guy that wanted to fight Rico had cancer? Is that guy dead?

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

kimbo305 posted:

Which guy that wanted to fight Rico had cancer? Is that guy dead?

he's fighting rico within the next few hours. rico vs a cancer patient is headlining the glory show airing right now.

Meadowhill
Jan 5, 2015
Clinch, clinch, clinch, clinch, clinch, clinch, clinch, clinch, clinch, clinch, clinch, clinch, clinch, head kick.

LochNessMonster
Feb 3, 2005

I need about three fitty

Triticum Guzzler posted:

he's fighting rico within the next few hours. rico vs a cancer patient is headlining the glory show airing right now.

Didn’t he get shot in the leg too and killed someone in a car accident?

I think I saw a promo of him spitting at Verhoeven. Stay classy kickboxing.

LochNessMonster
Feb 3, 2005

I need about three fitty

First round is done
Saddik is straight up murdering Verhoeven

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
if rico can make it to the final bell maybe jamal will pass away

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
good to see him actually finishing fights. maybe he can visit jamal in the hospital after and share some of his epo.

LochNessMonster
Feb 3, 2005

I need about three fitty

Triticum Guzzler posted:

if rico can make it to the final bell maybe jamal will pass away

That ended not how I imagined it would.

Pretty awesome fight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
K-1 have a card coming up on the 27th, their year end shows have the fairly sick name SURVIVAL WARS but they're basically just to tie up loose ends and determine a title shot.

quote:

Main card
Hinata vs. Hirono Yu
Saikyo Haruma vs. Tsubakihara Tatsuya
Gunji Taito vs. Oiwa Shota
Ashizawa Ryusei vs. Murakoshi Yuta
Yamazaki Yoichi vs. Wajima Hiromi
Sugimoto Hitoshi vs. RUI
Shinohara Yuto vs. Suzuki Hayato

Undercard
Masanobu vs. FUMIYA
"Bazooka" Koki vs. Takeuchi Yuki

The only guy I know is Hinata, who is extremely talented and has a fantastic crescent kick but tends to lose to people he's better than. The winner of this fight gets a title shot against Chingiz Allazov on the actual mega show next March.

Also, as part of Badr's contract with Glory he wanted a tune up fight before facing Rico again, and he got it:

This is a rematch of the fight where Badr got so frustrated at not being able to hit Hesdy that he kicked him in the face while he was down. Since then both men have gone on to have lucrative criminal careers. Hesdy hasn't done so well the last couple of years to say the very least, and just got knocked out in seconds by Mladen Brestovac.