Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Powershift posted:

iospace posted:

Four straight WCCs don't lie.

DoctorGonzo posted:

"im not owned, im not owned i insist as i slowly turn into the cavallino rampante"

Norns posted:

You're a mod on SA

Insanely good posting tonight, almost exclusively at iospace's expensive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

I bought an iPhone X and it is very good. I did not have to sign for it.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

wicka posted:

Cool, enjoy your $1000 proof of concept device.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Wirth1000 posted:

Cool, enjoy your $1000 proof of concept device.

Thanks! I am definitely enjoying it so far.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

I got taco stuff and weed

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Norns posted:

:taco::2bong::taco:

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Norns posted:

What?! I need lap times, Jock! Whereare the other cars? Who are we racing??!

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

wicka posted:

UPS delivered my espresso machine and just left it infront of my door. Very pissed they left my expensive purchase just laying there.

McGuinty
Feb 11, 2008

Where's the nearest golf course? I have to shit.

1500quidporsche posted:

UPS delivered my espresso machine and just left it infront of my door. Very pissed they left my expensive purchase just laying there.

FedEx did the same to my PS4 Pro last week, friend.

gret posted:

Pictured: everyone who's part of the best team!!! in F1.

https://twitter.com/LewisHamilton/status/932699122330734593

Lol instead of Where's Waldo it's Where's Bottas, like he had nothing to do at all with that fourth WCC

McGuinty fucked around with this message at 01:00 on Nov 21, 2017

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

McGuinty posted:

FedEx did the same to my PS4 Pro last week, friend.

Lol instead of Where's Waldo it's Where's Bottas, like he had nothing to do at all with that WCC

He's right beside Rosberg.

1500quidporsche posted:

I was thinking of picking up a job box at auction to keep on my porch for the driver to fill and lock, but most delivery guys just fire the boxes onto the porch from the sidewalk and probably wouldn't notice it.

The crackheads would probably cut a hole in it when it's unlocked an empty just to realize there's nothing in it.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
This is great.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8hEC2zIMY-0

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Lmfao, "highlights"

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Powershift posted:

I was thinking of picking up a job box at auction to keep on my porch for the driver to fill and lock, but most delivery guys just fire the boxes onto the porch from the sidewalk and probably wouldn't notice it.

The crackheads would probably cut a hole in it when it's unlocked an empty just to realize there's nothing in it.

Yeah I seriously doubt they'd actually use it, anything more than the absolute bare minimum effort seems a bridge too far for them. I ordered a rowing machine earlier this year and was working from home so I could take delivery of it. They would say I wasn't home every time and I basically had to phone up the warehouse and start yelling at the manager to get them to take it up to my condo or they could ship it back.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

1500, does Amazon operate their own delivery service in Canada? They started doing this in the US and it's like Uber for package delivery, i.e. all of their drivers are laughably incompetent. Literally every Amazon package I ordered required me talking to the delivery person on the phone and walking them through where to find my house. My street address is 328, and one dude goes, "Are you the door between 327 and 329?" My dude, that's not how addresses work.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

wicka posted:

1500, does Amazon operate their own delivery service in Canada? They started doing this in the US and it's like Uber for package delivery, i.e. all of their drivers are laughably incompetent. Literally every Amazon package I ordered required me talking to the delivery person on the phone and walking them through where to find my house. My street address is 328, and one dude goes, "Are you the door between 327 and 329?" My dude, that's not how addresses work.

Amazon Canada SUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCKS.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Powershift posted:

Amazon Canada SUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCKS.

Yeah, just buying Prime labeled stuff only or use it for books. They don't really sell anything else worthwhile.

They all ship either CanadaPost or UPS for bigger stuff.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
I think I went to high school with a girl named Porsche Cayman.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

wicka posted:

They contract it out for smaller delivers as far as I can tell because some a chain smoking african dude in an absolutely beat to poo poo 90s honda accord turns up to deliver all those packages. I'm not big on amazon given the stories I've heard and that dude definitely seems like he's under pressure to make delivers but I will order from them when the only other option is a big box store. Having said that, the african dude is bar none the best courier I've ever seen.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

I just bought 5 gallons of rotella T6 to do an oil change on my truck. It was $127 at canadian tire even after all the enviro fees and stuff. that's $99 USD

Needed a filter, too. $15

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Wirth1000 posted:

Yeah, just buying Prime labeled stuff only or use it for books. They don't really sell anything else worthwhile.

They all ship either CanadaPost or UPS for bigger stuff.

Most the poo poo on Amazon that isn't prime eligible poo poo is just peeled from Ali Express with a markup.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Pirate Radar posted:

I think I went to high school with a girl named Porsche Cayman.

Did she leak oil everywhere?

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

nvm didn't read the units.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Powershift posted:

Did she leak oil everywhere?

We were all pretty oily, it was high school.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

1500quidporsche posted:

Most the poo poo on Amazon that isn't prime eligible poo poo is just peeled from Ali Express with a markup.

By the most random and lovely of resellers, too. I still have my Amazon Prime Student membership so it only cost me $39 for 2 years but gently caress paying $79 for Prime if I didn't have that discount.

Always blows my mind that Amazon in the states is this monolithic corporation that will deliver your package and suck your dick all with the press of some magnetic wi-fi connected button on yuor washer.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

They're building a huge gently caress-off distribution center here in Balzac(lol) that's supposed to be the size of 6 city blocks and give most of Alberta next day shipping. Doesn't matter if they don't add more poo poo to distribute.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Amazon is accepting bids for a second US HQ, similar in size to what they have in Seattle, and everyone is working real hard to suck their dick about it. I'm probably just going to move if they pick Pittsburgh.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Bought my parents a new WiFi router (their current router only does 2.4GHz LOL) off Amazon over lunch today and it's scheduled to arrive tomorrow w/ free shipping. I love amazon.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Powershift posted:

They're building a huge gently caress-off distribution center here in Balzac(lol) that's supposed to be the size of 6 city blocks and give most of Alberta next day shipping. Doesn't matter if they don't add more poo poo to distribute.

Tbh the economy is so poo poo that I'm thinking of applying if something half decent gets posted there. Good supply chain experience if nothing else.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

wicka posted:

Amazon is accepting bids for a second US HQ, similar in size to what they have in Seattle, and everyone is working real hard to suck their dick about it. I'm probably just going to move if they pick Pittsburgh.

Our city submitted a bid but said they aren't giving out tax subsidies lmbo. People here still think we might get it, I think they're dumb as poo poo.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

1500quidporsche posted:

Tbh the economy is so poo poo that I'm thinking of applying if something half decent gets posted there. Good supply chain experience if nothing else.

I would think being a new center, they're designing it around replacing all the humans with robits

also, "where do you work"

"Balzac"

"oh...what do you do?"

"i'm in packages"

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Powershift posted:

I would think being a new center, they're designing it around replacing all the humans with robits

"Balzac"

"oh...what do you do?"

"i'm in packages"

My first ever job was full-serve at a Sunoco and I referred to myself as a Petroleum Distribution Engineer so hey it works.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Powershift posted:

"Balzac"

"oh...what do you do?"

"i'm in packages"

They've said 750 full time positions, but who knows how many of those are dudes running around in beat to poo poo Honda accords delivering packages.

Also the joke is a perk imho.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Wirth1000 posted:

My first ever job was full-serve at a Sunoco and I referred to myself as a Petroleum Distribution Engineer so hey it works.

One of my friends swapped out the video tapes at a public access cable channel and his title was Master Control Operator.

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

wicka posted:

They're about to take the Australian retail market with it's ludicrous prices and insane adherence to "Brick and Mortar, baby!" and light it on fire. Hell, they've put their Australian HQ/Distribution Center in Melbourne and it's prolly gonna open before Christmas and kill off at least one mainstay.

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

wicka posted:

I just yell at them enough times until they make the post office deliver it.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Minto Took posted:

I just yell at them enough times until they make the post office deliver it.

I have achieved this level as well. None of my Amazon packages are delivered by Amazon Logistics anymore. Fun fact: you can shitpost in real life, and it's effective.

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

I'm too modest to shitpost irl so cis at amazon.com takes cares of all my needs.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

I called them six or seven times. The last time I just listed all the different ways they have hosed up delivering packages and the woman on the phone loving died laughing.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
wicka, all these years I've always imagined you as a pasty lanky thin white guy not unlike DJ Qualls.

Can you confirm or deny these allegations?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Wirth1000 posted:

wicka, all these years I've always imagined you as a pasty lanky thin white guy not unlike DJ Qualls.

Can you confirm or deny these allegations?

• Locked thread