Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jade Mage
Jan 4, 2013

This is Canada. It snows nine months of the year, and hails the other three.

Anyone have a guide or checklist they used to get all the clothing in game? Or, like, where it all is?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Rotomdex: hey pc, how are you feeling today?
Me: I feel zzzzzad.
Rotomdex: aw, that’s no good! Buck up, kiddo. I’m here for you.

:unsmith:

TeenageArchipelago
Jul 23, 2013

Is it possible to get hidden ability Oranguru in USUM?

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

TeenageArchipelago posted:

Is it possible to get hidden ability Oranguru in USUM?

Nope. They don't show up via SOS.

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Glad the Rotom is as sassy as ever

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Hidden ability Incineroar when

Jade Mage
Jan 4, 2013

Switching the ultra wormhole controls to circle pad makes them actually tolerable!

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Countblanc posted:

Hidden ability Incineroar when

mystery gift code when we get the gen 5 remake

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Long time no post board! Oi, I'm sitting on literal pile of shinies at this point and I'd like to get some trading done. I'm looking for a moon ball Drampa/sneasel stats don't matter.

Shinies include: a Xerneas, Dodrio, Staravia, two Swalot, Carracosta, Krookodile and sandile with 5-6 IVs, and an elgem

FC: is 5129-5306-3661 In game name is Kane.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

I like how there's a person in Olivia's shop that throws crazy passive aggressive shade about her

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
Rotom is a good buddy/pokedex, but he really needs to shut up about saving when I literally just saved 5 minutes ago.

It'd also be cool if he stopped telling me the same 5 pieces of advice I didn't ask for, and nagging me about healing when one mon is in red HP.

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

Jade Mage posted:

Switching the ultra wormhole controls to circle pad makes them actually tolerable!

There's an option for this? Thank god, 3ds gyro control is completely unbearable.

Lant
Jan 8, 2011

Muldoon

Gruckles posted:

There's an option for this? Thank god, 3ds gyro control is completely unbearable.

It's a pretty roundabout way to change them tho. There is a guy in the GameFreak office that lets you swap between just the circle pad or motion controls.

Ogmius815
Aug 25, 2005
centrism is a hell of a drug

Lant posted:

It's a pretty roundabout way to change them tho. There is a guy in the GameFreak office that lets you swap between just the circle pad or motion controls.

Oh man. God forbid they put something like that in the settings menu...

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

Haifisch posted:

Rotom is a good buddy/pokedex, but he really needs to shut up about saving when I literally just saved 5 minutes ago.

It'd also be cool if he stopped telling me the same 5 pieces of advice I didn't ask for, and nagging me about healing when one mon is in red HP.

What really gets me is that if you, say, wish to access the map, you can't if Rotom is chattering away until he's done. This combined with the fact that he seems to have about 50% chance to pipe up with something after any scene transition is pretty annoying.

It seems the advice points are slowly cycling to new ones so I hope the game realizes that eventually I will have to have seen them all multiple times, and just stops.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~
Rotom does kind of abuse its newfound sidekick privileges, agreed.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

After a spoiler-avoiding thread hiatus, I'm back, having completed the main game and the Rainbow Rocket quest in the postgame. I didn't know what my team would be, but it ended up being:

Primarina
Zoroark
Hawlucha (the traded one, holy hell is it strong)
Palossand
Turtonator
Naganadel

I think I'm finally getting the hang of spelling that last one. I wanted to use it, but looking up how it evolved upset me because it was technically only possible once you get to the move relearner. I stopped everything to evolve it and grind it to be on pace with the rest of my team and I don't regret it, but I still wish it were more battle-ready when you first obtain it. Poipole in and of itself is not THAT strong, and level 40 is an insult.

The game was great though. I love all the added viginettes, sidequests, and flavor added to the game world. This is the kind of crap I crave. Those who say there aren't enough changes just aren't looking in the right spots.

Does anyone know what optional fights/things I can do in the postgame? They were a bit scattered out in the original, and while I think I remember most of them, I don't want to screw up and miss out on something or other.

BearDrivingTruck
Oct 15, 2011

You see the most shocking sights sometimes
The Fire totem this time around is brutal, jeez

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

I got my rear end kicked by the electric totem.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

TF2 HAT MINING RIG posted:

I got my rear end kicked by the electric totem.

Having Salazzle on my team made that fight a joke.

On that note, I beat the E4 with my team of Primarina/Noivern/Crobat/Salazzle/Lycanrock/ Ampharos

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
Wide Guard affects every single Z-move in USUM now. Good job, Game Freak.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
good, gently caress garchomp

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Countblanc posted:

garchomp is a good boy who did nothing wrong

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
he's a victim of circumstance, and that circumstance is Continental Crush

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

The Grass Totem kicked my butt, but Olivia’s battle wrecked my team something fierce

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

BearDrivingTruck posted:

The Fire totem this time around is brutal, jeez

I lost against that. Brick Break sure is a nasty surprise when the only member of your team that can fight Marowak decently is Rockruff.

I ended up winning by grinding Rockruff to evolution and giving him Normalium-Z. Lycanroc Dusk can take a Brick Break (but not more than one) which gave me time to use Z-Happy Hour and follow it with a boosted Rock Tomb (too bad it doesn't make Contact so Tough Claws is pointless here). It wasn't enough to kill Marowak but it greatly weakened it, giving the rest of my team a chance at victory.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I think I OHKOed the fire totem with hydro vortex

Forsythia
Jan 28, 2007

You want bad advice?

Anything is okay if you don't get caught!

... I hope this helps!
The fairy totem is absolutely evil. I was considering trading for a Celesteela to kill it...

Jade Mage
Jan 4, 2013

Mizuti posted:

The fairy totem is absolutely evil. I was considering trading for a Celesteela to kill it...

I used toxic and then just fed things to it until it died. It was not an elegant win.

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd

Jade Mage posted:

I used toxic and then just fed things to it until it died. It was not an elegant win.
This was me on the electric trial w/ salandit. Thank god for corrosion.

Jade Mage
Jan 4, 2013

Blaziken386 posted:

This was me on the electric trial w/ salandit. Thank god for corrosion.

Yeah, my salazzle (with a quick claw) versus solgaleo and real necrozma was definitely the MVP

Forsythia
Jan 28, 2007

You want bad advice?

Anything is okay if you don't get caught!

... I hope this helps!

Jade Mage posted:

Half of my team was overleveled and disobedient, and the other half were weak to its attacks. It is so fast and hits so hard that getting enough rounds to apply Toxic and then wait it out can be a problem! I can see kids getting completely walled by this boss.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

cheetah7071 posted:

I think I OHKOed the fire totem with hydro vortex

same

SloppyDoughnuts
Apr 9, 2010

I set fire to the rain watched it pour as I touched your face
Can we still not go on the golf course?

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Mizuti posted:

Half of my team was overleveled and disobedient, and the other half were weak to its attacks. It is so fast and hits so hard that getting enough rounds to apply Toxic and then wait it out can be a problem! I can see kids getting completely walled by this boss.

Buy ten million revives and spend every turn reviving Pokemkn I guess.

I haven’t hit it yet and I’m afraid that I won’t be able to to much to it myself since Fairy hits A-Muk for neutral damage.

Jade Mage
Jan 4, 2013

hopeandjoy posted:

Buy ten million revives and spend every turn reviving Pokemkn I guess.

I haven’t hit it yet and I’m afraid that I won’t be able to to much to it myself since Fairy hits A-Muk for neutral damage.

It likes to quiver dance, so you basically have to hit it physically hard real fast or do SOMETHING. Once it gets going, no matter what Pokemon you send out it will OHKO it. At least that was my experience, just using a revive each turn and waiting for toxic.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Countblanc posted:

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

Oh yeah that reminds me of how Ultra Necrozma sort of underwhelmed me because all it did was spam Photon Geyser, which my Zoroark was immune to, while I just stabbed it until it fainted. Whoops.

But yeah, the fairy totem and electric totem were both incredibly surprising to me in their strength. I also liked how the totem for the Electric trial, Togedemaru, synergizes with both Sophocles and Molayne, being Electric and Steel-type masters. That felt right to me. Also, it's not as easy to clown on Totem Kommo-o as it used to be since you don't get Fairium Z right before the battle anymore, so that was a bit more of an upwards hike. Ah well.

Scrap Dragon
Oct 6, 2013

SECRET TECHNIQUE:
DARK SHADOW
BLACK FALLEN ANGEL!

Jade Mage posted:

It likes to quiver dance, so you basically have to hit it physically hard real fast or do SOMETHING. Once it gets going, no matter what Pokemon you send out it will OHKO it. At least that was my experience, just using a revive each turn and waiting for toxic.

I'm probably gonna have to resort to this against Totem Kommo-o, I straight up do not have a legitimate answer to that guy.

One thing's for sure: this is hardest a Pokemon game has ever been, at least with the exp. share turned off

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

I wish I knew ahead of time that the fire totem has a thick club to steal