Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

shirts and skins posted:

Yeah, all this will stop when Alison picks up that sword and starts clevin people in two.

A good morning chuckle, that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
https://twitter.com/orbitaldropkick/status/932723304963620864

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

My paper soldiers form a wall, five paces thick and twice as tall.
It’s sounds like we’re getting the foreshadowed fight. However, I do want to point out we overlooked the possibility of transitioning to White Chain in the middle of an entirely unrelated awesome throwdown.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

shirts and skins posted:

Yeah, all this will stop when Alison picks up that sword and starts clevin people in two.

heh

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.

Comrade Gorbash posted:

It’s sounds like we’re getting the foreshadowed fight. However, I do want to point out we overlooked the possibility of transitioning to White Chain in the middle of an entirely unrelated awesome throwdown.

I thought that throwdown already happened, the boat pilot lady just stopped him putting a table through another angel's face

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Motherfucker posted:

I thought that throwdown already happened, the boat pilot lady just stopped him putting a table through another angel's face

Yeah but Mottom's in town and that giant baby dude could Kool-Aid man through the wall at any second.

I honestly like to think that he fully understands doors, but enters every room that way, regardless.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

consecutive throwdowns. endless throwdowns.

like this thread

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler

ConfusedUs posted:

Yeah but Mottom's in town and that giant baby dude could Kool-Aid man through the wall at any second.

I honestly like to think that he fully understands doors, but enters every room that way, regardless.

He understands them perfectly. It's a cultural thing. A giant baby culture thing.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Those truly royal need not open a door, for those are for peasants. Nay, the royal shall find ingress in all and any places.

Joe Slowboat
Nov 9, 2016

Higgledy-Piggledy Whale Statements

Doctor Doom has stated that he refuses to use the door, like a peasant, when he can easily burst through the wall.
He's a pretty good example of almost-Royalty, actually, like the demiurges or Namor.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

I just want to say that I really appreciate how Allison's completely impractical sword sheath actually unwraps itself from her weapon so she can draw it over her back instead of having to take it off first.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

Who in Christ gently caress would swallow after gargling, this disgusts me way more than just degenerate piss fetishes would

I thought there was an updated page too

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Joe Slowboat posted:

Doctor Doom has stated that he refuses to use the door, like a peasant, when he can easily burst through the wall.
He's a pretty good example of almost-Royalty, actually, like the demiurges or Namor.

Almost?

There is no more Royalty than Doom. He found out someone was blowing up the entire multiverse, so he was like 'well gently caress you' and blew it up himself first so he could assume ultimate power and become God-Emperor Doom over what he could save - for everyone else's good.

MikeJF fucked around with this message at 01:17 on Nov 21, 2017

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

SniperWoreConverse posted:

Who in Christ gently caress would swallow after gargling, this disgusts me way more than just degenerate piss fetishes would

I thought there was an updated page too

That guy, duh.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Joe Slowboat posted:

The only barrier between Doom and Royalty is that he keeps letting himself get upset because Stretch Armstrong invented a doohickey.

Tendales
Mar 9, 2012

PMush Perfect posted:

The only barrier between Doom and Royalty is that he keeps letting himself get upset because Stretch Armstrong invented a doohickey.

That's also pretty Royalty, tbh

Joe Slowboat
Nov 9, 2016

Tendales posted:

That's also pretty Royalty, tbh

See we don't have any evidence of Zoss doing that poo poo. But, doing that poo poo is much more enjoyable than not, so I'm glad the demiurge are approximately as bad at Royalty as Doom.

Wittgen
Oct 13, 2012

We have decided to decline your offer of a butt kicking.
True royalty is Doom guy.

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

nyave is the most royal of all you fools

Joe Slowboat
Nov 9, 2016

stone cold posted:

nyave is the most royal of all you fools

Nyave is perfect and a good person, and therefore can never be Royalty.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

Pictured: royalty

Motherfucker fucked around with this message at 03:30 on Nov 21, 2017

Tendales
Mar 9, 2012

Motherfucker posted:

Pictured: royalty

This is the Royaltiedest picture that ever pictured Royalty.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
Doom is close to royalty. There is one, like Pree-Aesma, whose burning will accomplishes what the most expansive minds and terrible warriors dare not try.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

you're armor

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Can you see that I am serious?
Fun Shoe
true royalty cuts not with the sword but with the apostrophe.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
Doom Does as he Pleases, but Nyave made an angel carry the shopping with a pointed glance and the silent treatment

advantage: Nyave

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

nyave is clearly more royal than doom, who cried about 9/11

:colbert:

Poltergrift
Feb 16, 2014

"When I grow up, I'm gonna be a proper swordsman. One with clothes."
I am so incredibly pumped for this fight scene, not least because I got a Patreon preview of it and Abaddon somehow keeps topping himself with every fight in this comic.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

paranoid randroid posted:

Doom Does as he Pleases, but Nyave made an angel carry the shopping with a pointed glance and the silent treatment

advantage: Nyave

Nyave exists to get killed when Allison needs a "tragic loss" character beat or to be reminded of her humanity, HTH.

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

Dead Reckoning posted:

Nyave exists to get killed when Allison needs a "tragic loss" character beat or to be reminded of her humanity, HTH.

must you consistently have the worst opinion

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

stone cold posted:

must you consistently have the worst opinion

I would say he's wrong and that would be a waste of character development, but this is the comic with a backstory for "guy who has a book for a head."

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

wiegieman posted:

I would say he's wrong and that would be a waste of character development, but this is the comic with a backstory for "guy who has a book for a head."
Tell that to all the people who were convinced that Lucky Felicia was totally gonna make it.

Throne, and the KSBD universe as a whole, has been consistently shown to be a place where kind, moral, upstanding people don't last super long, either being ground down, or run the gently caress over. The Angels, pure embodiments of order with stone skin, fiery blood, and kung-fu grips, couldn't even hold their own order together.

Nyave's characterization so far has been "endearing, brave, upstanding, and moral" and she is the member of the crew least equipped to survive.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Dead Reckoning posted:

hm no im afraid this is a Bad Opine and im going to have to ask to exchange it for one of passable quality

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
Dead Reckoning has been established as the least likely dude to be worth listening to, in my experience

Joe Slowboat
Nov 9, 2016

Dead Reckoning posted:

You have a really low opinion of Operant's writing skills, don't you?

EDIT: Also, what character development did Felicia even have, besides 'happy go lucky' and 'nice to Allison one time in the specific arc where Allison is convinced she needs to be a monster after literally the least subtle possible foreshadowing that Lucky Felicia was going to be terminally Unlucky'? I love this comic to death but it's not one to pull out curveballs particularly, and it doesn't need to. I wouldn't particularly want it to! No obnoxious smash-cut to something other than an awesome fight after this set-up, no sparing Felicia when it's all but explicit she's going to die a bad death, no pretending Maya isn't death on two legs from the first scene we see her.
Operant doesn't need bad twists to make this story surprising.

Joe Slowboat fucked around with this message at 09:18 on Nov 21, 2017

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011
That's kind of my point though. Having your main character develop a relationship with a good, decent, common person while grappling with supreme power, rulership, the compromises it demands and the ways it changes you... It's the Chekhov's Gun of relationships.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
I wouldn't say DR's necessarily wrong, just that it's a very cynical view of Operant's writing skills.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I agree with DR. I mean where was it said 'he's a hack for doing that' either you know? Felica we all saw coming and I don't think Nayve is gonna get murked next panel or anything or that its gonna be meaningless if she does because 'ha i called it' but like, if I was a betting man...

Rhaka
Feb 15, 2008

Practice knighthood and learn
the art that dignifies you

At a critical moment Nyave will save the day by piloting the ship straight into Mottom's face, blowing up the devil engine, and going out in a blaze of glory by effectively flipping off god.

Only the best for Mother Om.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Allison makes her Regent and goes home.