Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Games > Nintendo Switch: is perfect.... FOR ME TO POOP ON

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Poopsnypa :hellyeah:

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

i don't like to game much on the toilet cause when i gotta wipe the game can't entertain me unless it has great pause music. youtube vid watching has ruined me. used to be such a poop tetris guy too.

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

my most important gaming moments have happened while pooping. truly the switch is a blessing.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Real hurthling! posted:

i don't like to game much on the toilet cause when i gotta wipe the game can't entertain me unless it has great pause music. youtube vid watching has ruined me. used to be such a poop tetris guy too.

The z shaped block must be the worst

404notfound
Mar 5, 2006

stop staring at me

I killed a dragon while on the shitter. 10/10

Speaking of Skyrim, they actually added a neat little mechanic during lockpicking. As you rotate the pick, the HD rumble will trigger at various points. The actual pickable spot will feel a little different than the rest of them.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Al Borland Corp. posted:

The z shaped block must be the worst

Spin it til it fits

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

I used to bring my 3ds to work and do my daily check-in of animal crossing in the bathroom.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
I put my Switch in my cargo pants and whip it out during union mandated breaks at hot topic

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
The Switch thread is the perfect place to post about your bathroom habits.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Tempura Wizard posted:

If you got ARMS and haven’t played it for a couple of months, definitely dip back in.

The changes are significant enough that I’m really getting into it more than I did at release. It makes for a nice change of pace when I’m burnt out on Splatoon and Rocket League. The badges and new characters are very good changes. There’s also a splatfest-type event coming up this week, so give it a look!

My hot take: ARMS is a Good Game that feels like it has a lot of love behind it and I hope the team behind it gets to make ARMS2 if they want to.

If the hypothetical ARMS2 was instead called "LEGS" and had ridiculously exaggerated spaghetti legs flying about, I'd consider trying that. ARMS1 though, nah.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

enojy posted:

If the hypothetical ARMS2 was instead called "LEGS" and had ridiculously exaggerated spaghetti legs flying about, I'd consider trying that. ARMS1 though, nah.

It should have arms and legs so its not boring as gently caress after 15 mins

strange feelings re Daisy
Aug 2, 2000

Mega64 posted:

The Switch thread is the perfect place to post about your bathroom habits.
This is all because they took away Miiverse.

trdn89
Aug 16, 2008
Nintendo Switch: if you poop his garments

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Piiverse

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Wii
WiiU
WiiPoo

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

... was there just a disgaea 5 update?

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

I'm not a big DK fan, but dude is loving awesome in MK8. Awesome jump animations, hooting constantly on the track every time something happens, going bananas when you win. Guy's off the hook.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

ColdPie posted:

I'm not a big DK fan, but dude is loving awesome in MK8. Awesome jump animations, hooting constantly on the track every time something happens, going bananas when you win. Guy's off the hook.

Yep, nothing like dabbing off a ramp and hooting and hollering as you race to victory.

Roy is pretty awesome for the same reason. YEAAAAAHHHAHAHA

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Tender Bender posted:

Yep, nothing like dabbing off a ramp and hooting and hollering as you race to victory.

Roy is pretty awesome for the same reason. YEAAAAAHHHAHAHA

While I agree that Roy is Our Boy, I gotta give top props to Wario on a tiny bike. His fat rear end hangs over the sides and forms like 6 additional asses.

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."

Tempura Wizard posted:

If you got ARMS and haven’t played it for a couple of months, definitely dip back in.

The changes are significant enough that I’m really getting into it more than I did at release. It makes for a nice change of pace when I’m burnt out on Splatoon and Rocket League. The badges and new characters are very good changes. There’s also a splatfest-type event coming up this week, so give it a look!

My hot take: ARMS is a Good Game that feels like it has a lot of love behind it and I hope the team behind it gets to make ARMS2 if they want to.

I want to echo this sentiment. It's a well-made game, and the developers are going above and beyond to support it. I am someone who had forty hours in the game and put it down when Splatoon 2 was released. Now I am back to playing Arms and very bad at it.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
I’m about 20 minutes into Battle Chef Brigade

As a consumer who is not typically not into this kind of thing, I am finding it very satisfying already.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Calaveron posted:

XB2 got the fame Famitsu score as Forces so uhhhhh

Nobody cares what Famitsu thinks. Even Famitsu.

Zelder posted:

... was there just a disgaea 5 update?

From looking around online it sounds like something got nerfed and items can go up to level 9999 now? :psypop:

Also some other stuff, probably.

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

Was fighting a dragon when I noticed that out of nowhere a random dead dragon appeared. I looted it and got a dragon soul, too.

Why were people so crazy about Lydia when this came out? All she can do is carry my loot and fight a little bit. She never has poo poo to say.

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?
Ruined Kingdom = Yharnam?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Dragon felt more dark souls than bb

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?
(I've only played bb)

Has any body said that they should put the Souls games on this thing

Also RE4

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

the truth posted:

Was fighting a dragon when I noticed that out of nowhere a random dead dragon appeared. I looted it and got a dragon soul, too.

Why were people so crazy about Lydia when this came out? All she can do is carry my loot and fight a little bit. She never has poo poo to say.

Didn't they make a patch that made her talk less frequently AND give her lines that sounded less annoyed?

strange feelings re Daisy
Aug 2, 2000

I really enjoyed the twin stick shooter Neon Chrome so I decided to buy its sister game Jydge. Both games take place in the same universe and use overlapping assets. The big difference here is that Neon Chrome is a procedurally generated rogue lite while Jydge uses handcrafted levels where you beat specific challenges to unlock medals. Unlocking medals gives you access to more cyberware, weapon mods, and missions. I like Jydge more because of its much greater variety in level design and equipment, which even includes the possibility of building a pet class. Neon Chrome was decent but I got sick of it after I felt like I was shooting my way through identical office cubicles with a small handful of the same weapons for too long.

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

Inzombiac posted:

Didn't they make a patch that made her talk less frequently AND give her lines that sounded less annoyed?

No clue, but she often does sound annoyed when I give her stuff to carry. Can’t blame her - that dragon loot is heavy.

404notfound
Mar 5, 2006

stop staring at me

I got a new SD card and popped it in to redownload all my games onto it, but it keeps getting paused. It'll resume if I cancel and restart one of the queued downloads, but is there a better way to manually resume downloading?

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

The style and theming of Battle Chef Brigade seem neat but if match-3 gameplay is not the most interesting thing to me (I started but did not finish Puzzle Quest, or You Must Build a Boat) would I just bounce off this?

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
Bowser has been my go to kart racer since MK64

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
Well. The darker side of the moon looks terrifying.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

terrifyingly FUN

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

The style and theming of Battle Chef Brigade seem neat but if match-3 gameplay is not the most interesting thing to me (I started but did not finish Puzzle Quest, or You Must Build a Boat) would I just bounce off this?

I'd say if you bounced off You Must Build A Boat there's a 90% chance you'll bounce off Battle Chef.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

https://twitter.com/XenobladeJP/status/932868704588541952

Isn't this just Halloween mercy

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Wanna gently caress dat blade

Gonna whip up a Knifefuckers gangtag later

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Reality Winner posted:

Well. The darker side of the moon looks terrifying.

It took me about an hour. It was nice to finally have a challenge! The game is incredible but it is just a tad too easy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp Just went live on the App Store (iOS.) You have to search for Nintendo and list their apps to see/download it.

• Locked thread