Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Which one of you wrote this

https://twitter.com/Dihuh/status/931783335847780353

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

It was all me

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
The anger of 03 Titans fans gives me life

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Lol. Meredith Gran worked on Assy McGee. Someone who actually wants to make it in the animation biz doesn't throw tantrums about the quality of the jobs they get, especially if it's based on dumb fanboyism.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Isn’t Teen Titans Go CN’s biggest show right now

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Yeah but according to people with pepe avatars it's the worst thing ever to exist.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
I'll just never get it. I can't imagine being that big of a baby over a cartoon.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Lurdiak posted:

Yeah but according to people with pepe avatars it's the worst thing ever to exist.

People with pepe avatars hate a lot of things more than TTG. Blacks, Jews, Gays, Women, for example.

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012
in the room where you sleep
Both versions of Teen Titans are dumb and not very funny.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
Teen Titans Go has an episode where Robin is tricked into thinking his parents are alive, as an April Fool's joke.

Teen Titans Go is good.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC

Skwirl posted:

People with pepe avatars hate a lot of things more than TTG. Blacks, Jews, Gays, Women, for example.

It sucks that the creator of Pepe has to endure what people are doing to his character considering he doesn't agree with any of it.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Never seen an episode but it has been described to me as It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia for children and how can that not be amazing

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

ToastyPotato posted:

It sucks that the creator of Pepe has to endure what people are doing to his character considering he doesn't agree with any of it.

I don't think the creator of Mr. Peanut wanted his creation to be depicted as a sex offender either, but here we are.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

SonicRulez posted:

I'll just never get it. I can't imagine being that big of a baby over a cartoon.

Well, you see. It's different.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

ToastyPotato posted:

He finally reached a breaking point.

https://motherboard.vice.com/en_us/article/8x8gaa/pepe-the-frogs-creator-lawsuits-dmca-matt-furie-alt-right

Don't know how well it's worked so far, but I'm glad he's taking a stand against it.

Anyway! Cartoons!

Teen Titans Go is really hit-or-miss for me. There's no real middle ground. Sometimes you get great things out of it like The Night Begins to Shine, and sometimes you get the creepy as hell Lady Legasus stuff.

I wish they still showed it in the mornings instead of Ben 10 though. :argh:

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Lurdiak posted:

The much funnier group are the people that are positive that the show isn't actually successful or popular and DC/CN only makes it to somehow spite any fans of the old show. As though there's an entire network pouring resources into a production just to give a middle finger to a very niche group.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

TTG is hilarious and I loved both TT and YJ.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

TwoPair posted:

The much funnier group are the people that are positive that the show isn't actually successful or popular and DC/CN only makes it to somehow spite any fans of the old show. As though there's an entire network pouring resources into a production just to give a middle finger to a very niche group.

Well if you look at other things people with pepe avatars believe, you'll find their logic is consistent.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

I've watched a bit of TTG and it's ok. Not something I'd go out of my way to watch and keep up with, but it's nowhere near the most offensively bad that CN has put on its channel.

And they have put a lot of really bad cartoons on their channel.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC

Roth posted:

I've watched a bit of TTG and it's ok. Not something I'd go out of my way to watch and keep up with, but it's nowhere near the most offensively bad that CN has put on its channel.

And they have put a lot of really bad cartoons on their channel.

I mean, it isn't designed to be something you keep up with. There is no ongoing story. It is modern day Looney Tunes.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
Harley Quinn to get her own animated series on DC's upcoming Digital Plataform

quote:

Harley Quinn, the breakout character from Warner Bros./DC’s film Suicide Squad that already is set up for a spinoff movie, is also getting her own animated TV series. Warner Bros’ upcoming DC-Branded direct-to-consumer digital platform has ordered 26 episodes of half-hour adult animated action-comedy series Harley Quinn, from Powerless executive producers Justin Halpern & Patrick Schumacker and Dean Lorey via Warner Bros. Animation.

quote:

Written and executive produced by Halpern, Schumacker and Lorey, Harley Quinn, based on the DC characters, focuses on Harley Quinn who has finally broken things off once and for all with the Joker and attempts to make it on her own as the criminal Queenpin of Gotham City. The series features Harley Quinn, Poison Ivy and a whole cast of heroes and villains, old and new, from the DC Universe.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
I came in to post that but good Lord can you think of anything that will be more hosed up

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

I clicked the link, saw the show creators photos and was like, "Yup, those guys have thought a lot about Harley Quinn, if you know what I mean"

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Justin Halpern's the "poo poo My Dad Says" guy isn't he?

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Genie, for my third wish, please go back in time and make Batman The Animated Series never have existed.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Lurdiak posted:

Genie, for my third wish, please go back in time and make Batman The Animated Series never have existed.

I'm sorry, I was the one who asked the monkey paw for a batman cartoon like, twenty five years ago.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Does it count as being the "breakout character" if she was the most well-known character that anybody cared about going into the movie?

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

SlothfulCobra posted:

Does it count as being the "breakout character" if she was the most well-known character that anybody cared about going into the movie?

And the only reason for that was because she was the breakout character of a comic book based on her breakout character from a cartoon that is what, over 20 years old

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
God I just hate every Harley design since 2011. Like maybe her original BTAS costume doesn't work for her leading a solo cartoon, and especially for a live action movie, but there has to be some kind of happy middle ground between her OG costume and her current one.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
They used something like her OG costume for Injustice and it's loving terrifying in 3D, which is actually kinda cool?

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
That's awfully close to being Harley Quinn - Steampunk Version.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Becky Quinn

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

I feel like without the hat, it's not even really a costume, she's just somebody who didn't put clothes on over her underwear. All that's really left is a vague playing card theme.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

i feel like every Harley Quinn redesign since the initial one has just been the artists getting closer and closer to Jeanette Voermann from Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Alaois posted:

i feel like every Harley Quinn redesign since the initial one has just been the artists getting closer and closer to Jeanette Voermann from Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines

"Slutty Schoolgirl" isn't a particularly unique concept.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Skwirl posted:

"Slutty Schoolgirl" isn't a particularly unique concept.

the blonde pigtails, eye makeup and super pale skin are more what i'm looking at

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Alaois posted:

the blonde pigtails, eye makeup and super pale skin are more what i'm looking at
Eye makeup simulates the domino mask, she's always had pale skin (because she's a clown wearing makeup) and pigtails are how you simulate the hood from the original design.

I think Jeanette Voerman was an early attempt at making a sluttier version of Harley Quinn.

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014
Any version of Harley that has the Joker-like full-body naturally super-pale skin is serious red-flag for me. That design always seems to be used in super-skeevy storylines

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Eye makeup instead of a mask looked awful in Arrow and it looks awful every time Harley tries to do it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
When has Harley worn a mask