Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

canyoneer posted:

I would just love to pair the Asajj/latts build with Miranda or Dash.

Dengar (especially now that the chassis got nerfed) can play a LOT like Dash.

And I know that Dengar/Asajj is totally a thing. Not sure of exact loadout on Dengar in that list, but it's probably either VI or Expertise as the EPT, with Lone Wolf as the dark horse contender. Crew would probably be K4 Security Droid. Title is a given, and countermeasures is the most likely mod, with Engine right behind.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

ConfusedUs posted:

Dengar (especially now that the chassis got nerfed) can play a LOT like Dash.

And I know that Dengar/Asajj is totally a thing. Not sure of exact loadout on Dengar in that list, but it's probably either VI or Expertise as the EPT, with Lone Wolf as the dark horse contender. Crew would probably be K4 Security Droid. Title is a given, and countermeasures is the most likely mod, with Engine right behind.

That's a good idea. Expertise Dengar with K4 is a monster, a friend of mine rolls that paired with Tactician Boba Fett. 56-ish points on Dengar leaves enough to build out a nice Asajj

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

canyoneer posted:

That's a good idea. Expertise Dengar with K4 is a monster, a friend of mine rolls that paired with Tactician Boba Fett. 56-ish points on Dengar leaves enough to build out a nice Asajj

This doesn't look half bad TBH

https://geordanr.github.io/xwing/?f=Scum%20and%20Villainy&d=v4!s!171:220,122,215:29:12:;219:98,190,-1,128:-1:-1:&sn=Unnamed%20Squadron&obs=

Got some room to play around with illicits and modifications.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Also I think that this discussion helped me figure out my third ship to go with 2x harpoon deadeye Kihraxzes: it's Asajj. Lone Wolf + Latts Asajj is crazy hard to kill in the late game.

https://geordanr.github.io/xwing/?f...20Squadron&obs=

Probably gonna toss this on the table Wednesday and see how it goes. Possible variants include:

--Replace Lone Wolf with Fearlessness, change one Kfighter to Jostero
--Same as above, but also drop title to add a second 2-point Illicit (Glitterstim or Scav Crane), and also add Tac Jammer
--Replace LW with Push the Limit, drop title, add Scavenger Crane or a second Glitterstim.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats

ConfusedUs posted:

Also I think that this discussion helped me figure out my third ship to go with 2x harpoon deadeye Kihraxzes: it's Asajj. Lone Wolf + Latts Asajj is crazy hard to kill in the late game.

Probably gonna toss this on the table Wednesday and see how it goes. Possible variants include:

--Same as above, but also drop title to add a second 2-point Illicit (Glitterstim or Scav Crane), and also add Tac Jammer
--Replace LW with Push the Limit, drop title, add Scavenger Crane or a second Glitterstim.

I played around with that list a few weeks back. It was kind of beastly. Had a the same issue you have where there is a lot of options when it comes to upgrades.

Also don't forget the guidance chimps.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

ConfusedUs posted:

I ran that at a tournament with this Nym.
Captain Nym (Scum) (30)
Deadeye (1)
Twin Laser Turret (6)
Extra Munitions (2)
Harpoon Missiles (4)
Dengar (3)
Guidance Chips (0)

Total: 46

View in Yet Another Squad Builder

It was gnarly. Dengar crew is so good with a TLT. Asajj plus Latts is way more survivable, but Nym has a lot of punch.
Since the Kiraxhkzhzs are so squishy, shoring up that weakness with a tanky Asajj might be a good call. On the other hand, 3 attacks with crit-chipped harpoons deals 10-12 damage on average, 3 of which are guaranteed to be crits, and probably 2 bonus harpoon damage (plus splashes). Across 3 attacks, that's enough to kill almost anything they can hit. The damage you'd take from leaving something like Rey, Nym, Miranda or Dengar alive another round or two is significant.

Hmm.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
One of the main reasons I have been leaning towards 3 k fighters is pilot skill vs Imp lists and Assaj. Being able to get 2 of the three harpoons off at range 3 should give you a really good chance of finishing off Assaj during the next round and reloading your missiles.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Raged posted:

One of the main reasons I have been leaning towards 3 k fighters is pilot skill vs Imp lists and Assaj. Being able to get 2 of the three harpoons off at range 3 should give you a really good chance of finishing off Assaj during the next round and reloading your missiles.

There was an interesting Talonbane, Viktor Hel, Thweek list on the stream from the Open series. It lost vs Miranda/Nora/Stresshog.

He killed the stresshog first, but really should have taken out one of the regen ships, even if it meant one of his other ships got double stressed. Probably Miranda, because Thweek could probably solo Nora by arc dodging.

IronSaber
Feb 24, 2009

:roboluv: oh yes oh god yes form the head FORM THE HEAD unghhhh...:fap:
Calling it now, this new Defender is gonna show up in a wave next year.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

IronSaber posted:

I welcome this potentially future meta destroying plastic spaceship, if only so we can see the Imperials have lists in the top 5 of any given large scale tournament with some regularity again.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

The Tie/D is already in the game

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

IronSaber posted:

Maybe if it looked different from the TIE/D Classic, like at all

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
FFG better hope Disney has a new cartoon coming out soon. With rebels ending there goes a big source of ships.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Raged posted:

FFG better hope Disney has a new cartoon coming out soon. With rebels ending there goes a big source of ships.

Yearly movies + comics is probably enough

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
Dave Filoni's already hinted at a new project. Something about him still being the director of animation once Rebels is done.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Improbable Lobster posted:

It's got a slightly elongated appearance in its wings because now they resemble the ones from the interceptor and it has reinforced struts connecting it to the center cockpit. It's twin ion engines are all beefed up too. So it's different enough.

Devlan Mud
Apr 10, 2006

I'll hear your stories when we come back, alright?

Raged posted:

Lol if you think there's any possibility of Star Wars media of any sort not absolutely saturating the world from now until the heat death of the universe.

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

IronSaber posted:

I could maybe see an Defender Elite title card that removes the cannon slot and changes the primary attack to 4. Not sure if they'd go for yet another repaint of an existing model.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

AndyElusive posted:

It's got a slightly elongated appearance in its wings because now they resemble the ones from the interceptor and it has reinforced struts connecting it to the center cockpit. It's twin ion engines are all beefed up too. So it's different enough.

Meh, that's just Rebels being a bit deformed compared to mainline canon stuff - it happens to the X Wing, the U Wing, and the regular TIE FIghter and Interceptor too.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

I thought people would stop expecting new versions of ships every time one shows up in a piece of media by now. We're not gonna get the 3rd version of a Defender just like we never got a Rebels version of the B-wing, A-wing, Yt2400, tie fighter, interceptor, bomber ect. Or yet another xwing because it was in Rogue One.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
Also, a 4 attack defender is some reddit homebrew level of bad. Well, unless it is a 12+ point upgrade.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

thespaceinvader posted:

Meh, that's just Rebels being a bit deformed compared to mainline canon stuff - it happens to the X Wing, the U Wing, and the regular TIE FIghter and Interceptor too.

Ya, could be. But even the concept design indicates that the wing geometry used for the TIE D/Elite is different from the vanilla Defender and you can kind of tell they're more dagger like than the wider panels of the base Defender.

It would be as different as the T65 is from the T70 so it's a faint possibility at least.

hoiyes
May 17, 2007

ConfusedUs posted:

There was an interesting Talonbane, Viktor Hel, Thweek list on the stream from the Open series. It lost vs Miranda/Nora/Stresshog.

Yeah that match really highlighted how frail k fighters are, you gotta do a ton of damage on the joust because they just evaporate otherwise.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

hoiyes posted:

Yeah that match really highlighted how frail k fighters are, you gotta do a ton of damage on the joust because they just evaporate otherwise.

They are essentially T-65 X-Wings (minus 1 shield plus 1 hull) with no integrated astromech. So, amazingly, more fragile than x-wings.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Improbable Lobster posted:

The Special Forces TIE exists.

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD

Some Numbers posted:

The Special Forces TIE exists.

The TIE/fo exists and isn't just a TIE/ln repaint.

IronSaber
Feb 24, 2009

The TIE Defender Elite could also function as a Rebel ship since Ezra and Sabine take it for a joyride.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

Word is the 5 new ships drop on December 7th.
I will probably get a shuttle and then wait and see how the rest shakes out

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

canyoneer posted:

Word is the 5 new ships drop on December 7th.
I will probably get a shuttle and then wait and see how the rest shakes out

My prediction is the 14th to align with the movie release. We also need two more previews (plus release article), which lines up pretty well time-wise.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

The fighters and bombers are going to surprise us by crossing the Pacific Ocean and showing up on December 7th.This feels familiar

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
Ugggh. Five new ships and tons of cards to figure out right before regionals season starts.

IronSaber
Feb 24, 2009

canyoneer posted:

The fighters and bombers are going to surprise us by crossing the Pacific Ocean and showing up on December 7th.This feels familiar

You might have to explain this reference to me.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Raged posted:

Ugggh. Five new ships and tons of cards to figure out right before regionals season starts.

You say "ugggh"

I say "UNF" because I loving love when big new waves come out and there are a bazillion new cards and I can sit down across from something that's new and exciting while flying something new and exciting and also I get to laugh at all the hidebound grumps who are mad the overpowered poo poo from yesteryear isn't an instant-win anymore

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

IronSaber posted:

You might have to explain this reference to me.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Too soon, man.

Devlan Mud
Apr 10, 2006

I'll hear your stories when we come back, alright?

ConfusedUs posted:

You say "ugggh"

I say "UNF" because I loving love when big new waves come out and there are a bazillion new cards and I can sit down across from something that's new and exciting while flying something new and exciting and also I get to laugh at all the hidebound grumps who are mad the overpowered poo poo from yesteryear isn't an instant-win anymore

Are there even any cards coming out that are going to be game changers? Most of this wave seems like a wet fart to me.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats

ConfusedUs posted:

You say "ugggh"

Fair enough. Just want to squeeze in the time to figure out all the new interactions, conditions and abilities so I have a half decent idea of what a list does when I see it. A couple of good size non FFG tournaments coming up in Dec/Jan. Most of the Aussie top 16 will be there so at least i'll have a good chance to see the new stuff in action.

Want dat belt

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
That Flight assist astromech looks really spiffy, and (maybe) the trajectory simulator. We don't know everything about the Silence or Rebel bomber, and that Bullseye arch stuff seems kind of like a big deal with ordnance. And people are really excited for the Gunboat (nerds have wanted it for years, for some reason). Basically, a lot of stuff that could potentially be game-changers, but the X-Wing online community is too busy saying everything is DOA because it's not a bunch of instant win buttons .

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Devlan Mud posted:

Are there even any cards coming out that are going to be game changers? Most of this wave seems like a wet fart to me.

There's two ships we haven't even had a preview for, yet!

Generic gunboats are probably going to be good ordnance platforms. I used to be really bullish about the aces, but I'm not so sure anymore.

The Kimogila is interesting with the control aspect of the bullseye arc. Stressing and stripping tokens are really powerful effects. Fenn Rau + Ace Kimogila + Thweek sounds pretty good on paper. Or slot a bumpmaster in for one of those.

Phantom II currently has my bet for "best ship of the wave," though. Cheap as gently caress with exceptionally powerful abilities possible.

For example, Ezra in the Phantom can equip Elusiveness, M9-G8, and the crew that gives you two target locks for 25 points. Gives predator-like effect to up to two allies and/or anti-predator to up to two enemies, plus anti-predator (AND enabling his ability) against one more enemy if they're shooting at him. Plus can coordinate after the first round (when he'll want to lock enemies)

Stick him next to Lowwhrick and you have a hell of a survivability package with 45ish points left to spare. Jess Pava + Rex? Intensity poe? Miranda? Nora? Resistance Sympathizer with <stuff>?

ConfusedUs fucked around with this message at 22:34 on Nov 21, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hoiyes
May 17, 2007

ConfusedUs posted:

Stick him next to Lowwhrick and you have a hell of a survivability package with 45ish points left to spare. Jess Pava + Rex? Intensity poe? Miranda? Nora? Resistance Sympathizer with <stuff>?

Sheathipede-class Shuttle: •Ezra Bridger (25)
•Phantom II (0)
Elusiveness (2)
Weapons Engineer (3)
•M9-G8 (3)

Auzituck Gunship: Kashyyyk Defender (25)
Wookiee Commandos (1)

Wookiee Commandos (1)

Wookiee Commandos (1)

Total: 100/100

• Locked thread