Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Nintendo.

Arowana Mall.

WHY?! :cripes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Nintendo.

Arowana Mall.

It's the best one. :v:

Have comfort in the knowledge that Walleye Warehouse is coming too.

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

This update looks awesome!

Give me the champagne bottles!!

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE
A list for easy consumption:
  • The new content comes in two free software updates, with the first one arriving this Thursday/Friday.
  • Four new stages arriving. Two of them are from Splatoon 1:
  • Mako Mart (this saturday)
  • Shellendorf Institute
  • Walleye Warehouse
  • Arowana Mall
  • New Salmon Run stage, Salmonid Smokeyard, coming immediately with the Thursday's/Friday's update
  • More gear to purchase and level
  • New battle tunes from two bands: Bottom Feeders and Ink Theory
  • Four new hairstyles for your Inklings
  • Improved photo mode, now you can take photos from the stages themselves
  • You can swap your gear while in the lobby. Booyah!
  • Level cap raised to 99 - you can reset your level then and start again from ★1
  • New Ranked Battle Mode: Clam Blitz
  • In Clam Blitz you collect clams and throw them in your opponents basket for points. You have to destroy the barrier protecting the basket with a Power Clam. You get one by collecting 10 clams. First to score 100 points wins.
  • No playable octolings

No. 1 Callie Fan fucked around with this message at 16:37 on Nov 21, 2017

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Boo photo mode is locked behind amiibo

Blank Construct
Jan 20, 2010

Shepard.

Nap Ghost
They call him Johnny Two Hats

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE

Bottom Feeders. Or "From Bottom" as they're known in Japan.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=esE3dJMsDqM

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Is clam blitz coming in the next update?

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
That update looks incredible and I'm in love with the celtic squid tavern band.

Owers
Nov 13, 2004

I want to be lean and mean.
I'm so happy to see Walleye Warehouse back, and it looks unchanged from the original, unlike most of the other ported maps.

In Training posted:

Is clam blitz coming in the next update?
Mid-December in a separate update, apparently (probably when Nintendo's paid online service launches, if you want to be cynical).

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

Oh my gooooooooddd

Only took 'em all the way through the first game and like 4 months into the new one but I'll take it

Blank Construct
Jan 20, 2010

Shepard.

Nap Ghost
e; beaten

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Pierson posted:

That update looks incredible and I'm in love with the celtic squid tavern band.

Being called the Bottom Feeders makes me think of the kind of band that plays in seedy dives, behind debris netting. And I am also all for their tracks :rock:.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Owers posted:

I'm so happy to see Walleye Warehouse back, and it looks unchanged from the original, unlike most of the other ported maps.

Mid-December in a separate update, apparently (probably when Nintendo's paid online service launches, if you want to be cynical).

The paid online isn't launching until next year last I heard, probably not until after the next Direct.

turnways
Jun 22, 2004

Hot drat was that the umbrella from Kingsmen?!

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Rexroom posted:

Bottom Feeders. Or "From Bottom" as they're known in Japan.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=esE3dJMsDqM

Hell yeah, squid Celtic punk band!

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE
The freshness:

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I'm kinda annoyed that the ponytail is pigtails without a hat, but I'm all for hime cut.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

ok i'm into this update but, as someone who hasn't played in months, do people still disconnect from matches like All The Time™?

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Is it just me, or is the drummer of Bottom Feeders an Octobomber? :stare:

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Kaubocks posted:

ok i'm into this update but, as someone who hasn't played in months, do people still disconnect from matches like All The Time™?

Outside the first splatfest I have barely seen it at all and nothing that I could call regularly. So no.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 22 hours!
This owns. I'm so excited for all of this junk!

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Nintendo.

Arowana Mall.

Arowana mall is going to be a hellscape unless the patch addresses Splashdown / Stingray.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Night Blade posted:

Arowana mall is going to be a hellscape unless the patch addresses Splashdown / Stingray.

Two nightmarish words you haven't considered; "Bomb Launcher". Any of them will utterly deny the map from atop the hill.

Parasol Prophet
Aug 31, 2012

We Are Best Friends Now.
What's the new brella like? I can't watch the video.

Also, YES MORE GEAR!

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Parasol Prophet posted:

What's the new brella like? I can't watch the video.

Also, YES MORE GEAR!

You can fire it while the shield is up

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
Those haircuts are fresh

Did only the girl inkling get new legwear options? The boys in that image only have the default stuff

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
I wonder if the levels will be retroactive.

I have a friend that is level 50 and put like 300 hours into the game. I wonder what their level would be

Parasol Prophet
Aug 31, 2012

We Are Best Friends Now.

In Training posted:

You can fire it while the shield is up

I like the sound of that.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I'm not looking forward to clawing my way back to S+ in a new ranked mode

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I love everything about this update. Holy poo poo.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

OMG THEY BROUGHT BACK WALLEYE :sun:

OMG THEY BROUGHT THE loving MALL THE WORST MAP?!? :suicide:

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
:siren:SOCKS WITH SANDALS:siren:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

CodfishCartographer posted:

:siren:SOCKS WITH SANDALS:siren:

Reporting everybody I see wearing this for offensive behavior.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

I’m confused how can they keep releasing updates to Splatoon 2 if they don’t have lootboxes in the game? Clearly they can’t afford to this on just profit from selling the game I’ve been told that is impossible

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy
New update looks v fresh.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
As for how the Squeezer behaves, here's Sheldon's text for the weapons that was data mined from a while back.

Squeezer posted:

The Squeezer main is a new type of semi-auto shooter where one trigger pull equals one ink shot! Holding down [ZR] won't provide a steady stream of ink, but spamming the trigger will give you rapid fire with a damage output you'll dig! Set up a Splash Wall to protect your team, then head for the front lines! The semi-auto style is a great way to control your ink use. Put even far-off foes on notice with the Sting Ray special! If you've got confidence in your aim, give this single-shot set a try!

Foil Squeezer posted:

We took a Squeezer, slapped the manufacturer's logo on it, and the Foil Squeezer was born. BOOM! The main weapon has the action of the original Squeezer, but it now comes with Splat Bombs. So flush 'em out, then take careful aim! Blow up the front lines with the Bubble Blower special, then charge in with your team and take out the opposition! It's a fairly aggressive set, but the main weapon requires steady aim, making it suited for veteranbattlers.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE

Dr. Fetus posted:

As for how the Squeezer behaves, here's Sheldon's text for the weapons that was data mined from a while back.

This probably involves spoilers.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE
Verge did an interview with the team behind Splatoon 2 about the new update. Some choice quotes:

Verge posted:

Then on the 24th, Nintendo will start rolling out four new maps for the game. The first, called “MakoMart,” takes place in a giant big-box retail store, which Nogami says the team specifically made sure to get ready for Black Friday in the US.
[...]
This series of updates is expected to keep things going until around February of next year, and Nintendo has said that it plans to keep supporting the game for a year after launch. Nogami notes that the updates could potentially extend further than that, saying that the team is currently in the “planning stages” for what that future support could look like. Whatever it ends up being, though, these kinds of updates aren’t just a way to keep Splatoon in the spotlight. They’re intrinsic to the game itself.

They also have concept art for the update in that article. One in particular is... uh... interesting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

I'm going to hate that weapon when I get it in SR because my finger starts to smart cause I get to tense using those, but I'm sure someone will love seeing how many APM they can get on it.