Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Looks like that upcoming FFXII announcement was that they're patching back in the Sky Pirates Den for Zodiac Age and putting a free theme on PSN.

Not that that's not cool, but the build-up they put around the announcement made it seem like they were going to announce, like I dunno, a PC port or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
Yeah that's a bit disappointing but hey at least we know we'll have the sky pirates den when it does eventually come to pc.

Megasabin
Sep 9, 2003

I get half!!
I've been considering make a canvas print of some of Amani's art. I've been scouring google for high quality images, but I'm surprised at how difficult it is to find high resolution stuff for the vast majority of his work. Anyone know if this exists out there? I actually like a lot of his non final fantasy stuff, but that's the hardest to find.

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

Yeah, I say "Shit" a shit-ton of times. What of it, shithead?
I'm unironically excited to see my good friend Pixel Vaan staring at a mimic confused once again.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Phantasium posted:

Looks like that upcoming FFXII announcement was that they're patching back in the Sky Pirates Den for Zodiac Age and putting a free theme on PSN.

Not that that's not cool, but the build-up they put around the announcement made it seem like they were going to announce, like I dunno, a PC port or something.

WORTH IT

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
It truly is the definitive version now

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
What's the Sky Pirate Den? I only played the TZA version.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
It was like an achievement showcase where you would get a little animated sprite to look at for completing certain tasks.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
That sounds rad. Why did they take it out?

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
Cuz theres trophies instead

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Elephant Ambush posted:

That sounds rad. Why did they take it out?

They put in trophies for the same things so I guess it seemed pointless, but people were upset

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
I think I made it further in the game than I did on the original version finally. Also I met this npc last night and I'm loving rollin'

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Be nice, she doesn't understand how clothing works.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

I didn't know this was a thing but WoFF is getting a mobile spinoff: http://www.siliconera.com/2017/11/21/world-final-fantasy-meli-melo-gets-first-trailer-screenshots-story-character-details/

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

corn in the bible posted:

They put in trophies for the same things so I guess it seemed pointless, but people were upset

Yeah they should have had both. I'm not upset over video games or whatever but trophies aren't a substitute for something like that.

Also we need more games that do that.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

FF12 has the most ridiculous costumes of any game in the series but everyone always gets on Nomura's case instead.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Not really, no

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

90% of female characters in the whole game look like strippers who had to get dressed in the dark

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

that's still not worse than belt dress

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

If you say so

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013
Belt Dress was the best because it was Nomura actively loving with the animation team.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Arist posted:

that's still not worse than belt dress

Eh.

I think this is a bit wrong. Lulu's design is ridiculous but it actually is fairly cohesive and flows together. The belts are stupid as poo poo and illogical but they go well with the rest of her design. It's a JRPG-as-gently caress design but if you look past that it's what it is. It also communicates Lulu's personality pretty effectively.

A lot of the FF12 designs suffer from being a giant mess not even in a JRPG way. Like that NPC who was posted is just a disaster but even Ashe is like this horrible garishly ugly design which communicates absolutely nothing about the character.

Nomura has a lot of loving disasters (Dirge of Cerberus) mind you, but there's difference between JRPG As gently caress and just a mess.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Dirge of Cerberus had the other designs I was thinking of, thank you, just fell back on Lulu's because it's better known.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

ImpAtom posted:

Eh.

I think this is a bit wrong. Lulu's design is ridiculous but it actually is fairly cohesive and flows together. The belts are stupid as poo poo and illogical but they go well with the rest of her design. It's a JRPG-as-gently caress design but if you look past that it's what it is. It also communicates Lulu's personality pretty effectively.

A lot of the FF12 designs suffer from being a giant mess not even in a JRPG way. Like that NPC who was posted is just a disaster but even Ashe is like this horrible garishly ugly design which communicates absolutely nothing about the character.

Nomura has a lot of loving disasters (Dirge of Cerberus) mind you, but there's difference between JRPG As gently caress and just a mess.

The problem is that she's dressed the way she is in a tropical, mostly water based setting

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
The Ashe outfit is hilarious because it looks like they created a pretty cohesive design but then removed the pants to slap on a bright pink mini skirt.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Calaveron posted:

The problem is that she's dressed the way she is in a tropical, mostly water based setting

Have you never seen a goth before?

MMF Freeway posted:

The Ashe outfit is hilarious because it looks like they created a pretty cohesive design but then removed the pants to slap on a bright pink mini skirt.

It's not even a miniskirt, it's two pink handkerchiefs taped to her front and back

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
The difference between preview Ashe and what Ashe actually was as a person was the most jarring poo poo ever

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

Sakurazuka posted:

90% of female characters in the whole game look like strippers who had to get dressed in the dark

This but everything that comes out of Japan forever

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
"So who here has seen a woman before?"

*blank stares from the SE Team, in the back one man begins sobbing*

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Flytrap posted:

Belt Dress was the best because it was Nomura actively loving with the animation team.

Lulu was extra weird because here was this random dominatrix in leather on a tropical island filled with colorfully dressed villagers. It's like they couldn't figure out any other way to convey black mage.

I for the most part liked the character fashion in FFX and X-2 though.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

That's kinda on you if you think lulu is a dominatrix

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

Saint Freak posted:

"So who here has seen a woman before?"

*blank stares from the SE Team, in the back one man begins sobbing*

Oh come on it's all their wank fantasies.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Norns posted:

That's kinda on you if you think lulu is a dominatrix

Yeah she's just "Your Goth Mom" for the people of besaid, mostly because all the adults from the previous generation are all dead.

Goth mom is cool, sorry goons.

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Don't tease the Octopus, kids!
You might not like a pink skort on Ashe, but it's a real article of clothing worn on the correct part of the body in a way that covers things. You can't argue it's more ridiculous than stuff like:

The "dress" where they forgot the part that covers anything:

or the weird fixation on "half clothes:"

Or...

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

My rule of video game fashion is that everything is cool until I have to start thinking more about how its designer probably wanked off to it than the outfit itself.

Yes I know game designers are horny people who wank off to everything regardless, I just don't want to think about it!

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Nooj's outfit is particularly bad because I don't see how a man with a bad leg is going to elect to wear a form-fitting one piece body suit, even to go so far as to add extra buckles and a leg brace over said suit. It must take him an hour to get into of that thing, minimum. He has to unzip the entire thing just to take a piss!

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

The very real articles of clothing like, two pieces of pink fabric held on by a belt, and half a girdle.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

I just hate that Ashe can't stop picking her nose.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

Fister Roboto posted:

I just hate that Ashe can't stop picking her nose.

What better way to trick people into thinking you're not royalty

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Saint Freak posted:

What better way to trick people into thinking you're not royalty

Well I guess when your hideous disguise fails