Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

Jerusalem posted:

Yeah, not expected at all. I was interested in the next one because it sounds like it might be exploring an Inferno-like alternate reality, but the War Master AND Cybermen is a pretty good hook for the next one. Especially with Big Finish hopefully doing the buzzy Cybermen voices.

Yeah, they're doing a sequel to Inferno, but it's only going to be for one of the episodes. Which I think is a shame -- particularly because it looks like the first one is going to be yet another single Dalek on the run story.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
This article sounds like something out of a pre-credits scene for an episode of Who...

http://strangesounds.org/2017/11/scary-archeology-pits-full-of-severed-hands-egypt.html

Aldred must live!

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

CobiWann posted:

This article sounds like something out of a pre-credits scene for an episode of Who...

http://strangesounds.org/2017/11/scary-archeology-pits-full-of-severed-hands-egypt.html

Aldred must live!

Oh my god, those comments.

I mean, you kind of figure that they'd be a crapshoot, even on an archaeological news piece, but I didn't think they'd be "this is finally proof of the veracity of the Book of Mormon" level of weird.

Open Source Idiom fucked around with this message at 15:16 on Nov 20, 2017

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

This is sweet (and deserving!):

https://twitter.com/guardian/status/932622140079312896

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Her work was cool and ahead of its time. It really sets a lot of the mood for An Unearthly Child and continues to work really well for the show, without any major changes, for decades.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Doctor Who's birthday, Nov 23, is when 10 & Rose is released:

https://twitter.com/bigfinish/status/932663631300431872

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

gently caress yeah, almost looking forward to it more for the behind the scenes stuff. Last time he finished his interview with,"If you don't like this, go listen to a McCoy story!" :allears:

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

A bracing glass of carrot juice!
Ooh, a BRCT that someone kept Doctor Who in!

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Jakiri has to regenerate into Six before I regenerate into Five, because nothing infuriates people more than bicycles.

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

Bicyclops posted:

Jakiri has to regenerate into Six before I regenerate into Five, because nothing infuriates people more than bicycles.

Apparently so (although yes, I now have had two fives in a row - the last one lasted, what, since The Rebel Flesh?)

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

I can't remember what the avatar sizes are and I imagine someone can do better than this anyway, but Christmas is coming up soon :ssh:

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Davros1 posted:

Doctor Who's birthday, Nov 23, is when 10 & Rose is released:

https://twitter.com/bigfinish/status/932663631300431872

Awesome, something to listen to during Thanksdrinking!

After The War
Apr 12, 2005

to all of my Architects
let me be traitor

Bicyclops posted:

I had my pic and quote lined up for when it inevitably came time for the Sylves-atar, but changed course when John Hurt died. Would otherwise have kept my Colin Bak-atar a little longer, I like the moodiness of that whole photo shoot (perm notwithstanding).

I'll switch to McCoy eventually, most likely after a failed Thunderdome :toxx:.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

I can't seem to piss anyone off enough now that I'm posting less about video games and I avoid GBS like the plague, but it's okay. I like Tom piloting the clown balloon, and I haven't had it for seven years yet. :v:

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
One day I'll get a new avatar

Or not who knows

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Burkion posted:

Or not who knows

I'm still mad you got rid of the one I got you :(

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

jivjov posted:

I'm still mad you got rid of the one I got you :(

OH I didn't

I just lost the thunderdome

I miss mine

Box of Bunnies
Apr 3, 2012

by Pragmatica

Burkion posted:

Or not who knows

Ore wa
Ore-tachi wa
Dengeki Sentai Changeman!

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Burkion posted:

Or not who knows

How long do you have to keep yours for? I might owe you one for being hopelessly delinquent on a polite request from you.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Bicyclops posted:

How long do you have to keep yours for? I might owe you one for being hopelessly delinquent on a polite request from you.

I don't actually know what the grace period is for Thunderdome things, though you don't have to go out of your way for me

I do loving love the Changeman helmets though, it's my own kind of regeneration so I'll have to keep that in mind

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
As the guy who bought him the Bio Man Love one, I would totally love him having a Changeman one

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Yeah I think I'm in the clear. It's been either a month or near about and I think the grace period is at least a few weeks.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

I keep thinking about getting a new av, partly as a way of contributing to the forums' continued existence, but I never have any good ideas. I should just contribute buy buying hideous avs for people who irritate me.

(actually extremely mediocre avs are probably better, because really hideous ones will get replaced asap...)

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
I'm not one to shy away from buying a new avatar. Hell, this is my third username! The key is to not think so hard as to talk yourself out of it.

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

Not that getting a new avatar is similar to getting regenerated.

Your face changes, people will see you in a completely different light, and even your personality might change as a result.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
What's the function that lets you look at what your previous avatars were? I remember someone linked it in another thread: you could enter your username and it showed you your previous avatars.

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

Wheat Loaf posted:

What's the function that lets you look at what your previous avatars were? I remember someone linked it in another thread: you could enter your username and it showed you your previous avatars.

Easiest way is just manually. Check the URL to your profile pic, the final number lets you go back through your old avatars.

eg.

As opposed to....0007.jpg which is my current one.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Hmm. That works, but only seems to let me go back to one I had some time before this (the only avatar I've had that was bought for me, as a matter of fact, so maybe that has something to do with it). Very odd indeed.

Cerv
Sep 14, 2004

This is a silly post with little news value.

MrL_JaKiri posted:

Ooh, a BRCT that someone kept Doctor Who in!
shocked that the UK D&D thread is full of reactionary man-children

Plavski
Feb 1, 2006

I could be a revolutionary

Wheat Loaf posted:

Hmm. That works, but only seems to let me go back to one I had some time before this (the only avatar I've had that was bought for me, as a matter of fact, so maybe that has something to do with it). Very odd indeed.

i would imagine it's because the avatar image naming system was only introduced a couple of years ago

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

I just came across this snippet from an interview with Rachel Talalay, the director of the Christmas special, and it just so perfectly fits the thread's version of Capaldi

quote:

When it came to the regeneration in the Christmas episode, Peter has a big scene about it, as one would expect. And he and I spent some time alone on the Tardis, which is his place to sit when he wants to be quiet. We just sat there, in that space, alone, talking through that whole scene. Talking through in his happy space…

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

I'm sure Jodie will be great but god drat do I wish he was staying.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

They’re probably not going to destroy his TARDIS set, he’s just going to take it away to have it at home.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

I keep thinking about getting a new A/V. Probably something Lego related. I can't remember who got me this one but it was someone in this thread. I've kind of grown to love it, even if it did come about from me being a grouchy depressive at a bad time in my life.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

PriorMarcus posted:

I keep thinking about getting a new A/V. Probably something Lego related. I can't remember who got me this one but it was someone in this thread. I've kind of grown to love it, even if it did come about from me being a grouchy depressive at a bad time in my life.

It's a good avatar, because the thing is everyone love Oscar the Grouch.

Name one person that doesn't. He makes you smile just to see him

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Burkion posted:

Or not who knows

I like to change mine up every now and then, but I always come back to Action Duck.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

I think if someone made me an av that was a mix of Doctor Who and jiu jitsu/judo/MMA, I'd probably buy it. Something like a gif of Pertwee karate chopping Michael Bisping into unconsciousness would be rad.

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

I'm a big fan of Tom Baker's neck snap from that re-purposed Avengers episode. I know the guy gets up after but in the gif that normally gets shown it's just the Doctor being a stone cold killer.

King Plum the Nth
Oct 16, 2008

Jan 2018: I've been rereading my post history and realized that I can be a moronic bloviating asshole. FWIW, I apologize for most of everything I've ever written on the internet. In future, if I can't say something functional or funny, I won't say anything at all.

remusclaw posted:

I'm a big fan of Tom Baker's neck snap from that re-purposed Avengers episode. I know the guy gets up after but in the gif that normally gets shown it's just the Doctor being a stone cold killer.

Quoted for love of stone cold Doctor. The "Man Who Never Would" did, or tried to do, several times. From Hartnell trying to brain the caveman with a rock to Davison popping caps into a de-armored Dalek, to C Bakes shoving a fool into a pool of acid for laughs -- The Doctor will gently caress your poo poo up if it suits his fancy. And all of Clara's index cards won't stop him.

My experience is incomplete, to quote van Gogh, but this thread has to be good for a list of such occasions. I have to guess Pertwee and McCoy ended dudes too. Actually I remember McCoy being pretty cold about obliterating Skaro. Even the new guys have had their moments. Except Smith unless I'm mistaken. But Capaldi's stock in trade was casual indifference to murder/death/kill.

Hey, I hope I'm not too late to the party but is there a Secret Santa this year? I love that. And I'll try not to be poo poo at it this year. I felt bad about my last one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

King Plum the Nth posted:

I have to guess Pertwee and McCoy ended dudes too. Actually I remember McCoy being pretty cold about obliterating Skaro.

Hey, I hope I'm not too late to the party but is there a Secret Santa this year? I love that. And I'll try not to be poo poo at it this year. I felt bad about my last one.

McCoy straight up talked a Dalek into killing itself.

Yeah, I keep thinking about sorting the Secret Santa, but I’m also hella busy at the moment (and it’s not just one, I also usually run a similar one for the Transformers thread). I just need to find the time, and I’m aware December is rapidly approaching.

• Locked thread