Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

This is loving moronic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
Welp, Rey Mauluga just got arrested and waived. Our linebackers are loving cursed, jeez.

Major Ryan
May 11, 2008

Completely blank

tarbrush posted:

Welp, Rey Mauluga just got arrested and waived. Our linebackers are loving cursed, jeez.

Came from the Bengals. So really just a matter of time until something like this happened.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
The Dolphins are a ridiculous football team.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Who came in for cutler after he got blown up?

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO

Real hurthling! posted:

Moore.

This Cutler thing hasn't exactly been unexpected, but it has definitely been the worst of the reasonable expectations for his performance.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.

Real hurthling! posted:

Honestly when I heard he was concussed I was surprised and even watching the replay like....

The Seahawks aren’t taking Russel Wilson out if he catches an inner elbow to the back of the helmet.

Not to say he shouldn’t have been taken out but like... this is the same team that let Matt Moore continue playing in last years playoff game.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
i ♥ afc east

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Cutler is loving straight awful and if Gase refuses to see it, he’s part of the problem

Major Ryan
May 11, 2008

Completely blank
I wonder if Ehud remembers telling me how fortune I was to be a new Dolphins fan as they began their upswing to relevance.

Good times man, good times.

There's no defending Cutler. You can't bring someone in as a one year stopgap and immediately start treating them like a project. Now the season's over, they shouldn't play him, it's a waste of development time.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Meanwhile, Jeff Ireland is getting all the credit for the Saints upswong.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Amy Pole Her posted:

Cutler is loving straight awful and if Gase refuses to see it, he’s part of the problem

Matt Moore has been the best QB on the dolphins roster for what? 7 years?

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO
Tannehill is a good quarterback and a better quarterback than Moore.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

tarbrush posted:

Tannehill is a good quarterback and a better quarterback than Moore.

It's pretty ironic that they, almost without exception, play their best football when Moore plays.

Nov 6, 2002

Major Ryan posted:

I wonder if Ehud remembers telling me how fortune I was to be a new Dolphins fan as they began their upswing to relevance.

Good times man, good times.

There's no defending Cutler. You can't bring someone in as a one year stopgap and immediately start treating them like a project. Now the season's over, they shouldn't play him, it's a waste of development time.

Uh, what quarterback should they be developing? A 33 year old Matt Moore or the practice squad fodder from the Bears?

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
The rest of the team who clearly play (and develop) better when Jay Cutler is not playing QB.

Brain Curry
Feb 15, 2007

People think that I'm lazy
People think that I'm this fool because
I give a fuck about the government
I didn't graduate from high school

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

Uh, what quarterback should they be developing? A 33 year old Matt Moore or the practice squad fodder from the Bears?

Apparently a Brandon Doughty.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Sign Chad Pennington.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

I miss noodle arms

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO

mcmagic posted:

It's pretty ironic that they, almost without exception, play their best football when Moore plays.

Moore literally never plays. He had three games as a passable sub for a form team and then poo poo the bed in the playoffs.

Sunday Morning
Apr 7, 2007

Easy
Smellrose

MalarkeyToboggan posted:

Bills next four are Saints, @Chargers, @kc, Pats.

They can very easily be 6-6 after this stretch. That Jets game will haunt them at the end of the year.

Halfway there, Peterman is possibly back next week :suicide: against a pissed off Chiefs and then the Pats game is usually a laugher even with better Bills teams. We maybe have two more wins in us this season, the Colts and maybe one of the Dolphins games. Even those are iffy at this point. That Jets game truly was the moment the Bills jumped off the cliff.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO
You'll win both Dolphins games. Suh and Landry will be suspended for building a giant laser on the moon and extorting a billion dollars out of the UN at this rate.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

There is no way the Bills will sweep the Dolphins.

Major Ryan
May 11, 2008

Completely blank

Team in general rather than qb, but having said that, what's wrong with taking a look at Brandon Doughty?

Cutler's done for like five different reasons, no point wasting any more time on him. Moore's a fair backup, but we know what he does and doesn't do and isn't evolving into anything at 33. Tannehill is almost certainly starting next year, so if Doughty sucks (he probably sucks) what does it matter?

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.

tarbrush posted:

Moore literally never plays. He had three games as a passable sub for a form team and then poo poo the bed in the playoffs.

He was still our best player in that playoff game honestly. And let us never forget 2011 team MVP Matt Moore.

Nov 6, 2002

Major Ryan posted:

Team in general rather than qb, but having said that, what's wrong with taking a look at Brandon Doughty?

Cutler's done for like five different reasons, no point wasting any more time on him. Moore's a fair backup, but we know what he does and doesn't do and isn't evolving into anything at 33. Tannehill is almost certainly starting next year, so if Doughty sucks (he probably sucks) what does it matter?

I think putting in a practice squad quarterback would probably be a bad idea if you want to find out what the rest of your offensive cast is capable of.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

We actually drafted Brandon and he was with us for a bit

But yeah we need to draft a developmental QB Bc we don’t have any legitimate ones here

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Jets getting robbed of touchdowns is getting prettty funny now

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

What an absolute gag and screw job at the same time. Time to play Petty and lose the rest.

Also, they should fire Bowles. I don't give a poo poo if they play hard. Enough with these gag jobs and penalties.

mcmagic fucked around with this message at 22:31 on Nov 26, 2017

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

The rules for what a passing td is are real stupid

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

mcmagic posted:

What an absolute gag and screw job at the same time. Time to play Petty and lose the rest.

Also, they should fire Bowles. I don't give a poo poo if they play hard. Enough with these gag jobs and penalties.

They play hard until the exact moment they could get a tough win, then they stop giving a gently caress, it's amazing.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

sirtommygunn posted:

They play hard until the exact moment they could get a tough win, then they stop giving a gently caress, it's amazing.

They gave them 2 1st downs on 4th down with HORRIFIC penalties. One led to a TD, the other ended the game. They are a profoundly stupid team.

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

Just a striding through Kamen Rider...

mcmagic posted:

Yeah, Bowles is loving terrible. I'm not even sure I give him any credit for the effort, either. He did NOTHING to motivate this team last year. So what's different, did Bowles somehow transform into a great motivator? Or is it the players themselves who are just hungry to get ANY real playtime in the NFL?

That called back TD was total BS but the Jets really committed suicide this game. That McCown's flick toss was wretched

WalletBeef
Jun 11, 2005

Even in a win, the Bills make me miserable. What circle of purgatory is this?

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE

WalletBeef posted:

Purgatory?

This is the 7th circle of Hell.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Bowles is cool its like having a painting of a dude that doesnt care as a coach

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

WalletBeef posted:

A circle that moves wide and to the right

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Real hurthling! posted:

Bowles is cool its like having a painting of a dude that doesnt care as a coach

I don't think he doesn't care. His team just makes too many mistakes and can't finish.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

*reacts with the passion of todd bowles*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
AFC East: Dolphins Circling the Bowles

• Locked thread