Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

anthonypants posted:

Is it this one?

I don’t think, I haven’t changed camera settings on my 6s

It was also a screenshot not photo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grace Baiting
Jul 20, 2012

Audi famam illius;
Cucurrit quaeque
Tetigit destruens.

The Awful app sticker pack is missing :thunk: and I can no longer handle situations that warrant :thunk: with the mere low-energy 🤔 emoji anymore

Kindly please correct this gross injustice, and great thanks

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
I also need :thunk: in my everyday texting life.

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

Sticker pack? Does it just copy paste the images from the buffer or do we get Messages images now?

Grace Baiting
Jul 20, 2012

Audi famam illius;
Cucurrit quaeque
Tetigit destruens.

Ultimate Mango posted:

Sticker pack? Does it just copy paste the images from the buffer or do we get Messages images now?

The latter, and as I recall the Messages sticker pack has been in there for a while now:

Awful on App Store posted:

• Smilie stickers and keyboard!

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

It does, however, have to be updated manually. I can look into doing so within the next few days.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Maybe an iPhone issue but every now and then the screen doesn’t work. I can scroll I just can’t click anything. Doesn’t happen with any other apps.

Most recent version of awful and iOS 11.1.1.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

God drat it the app is now giving -1 return errors from imgur again

Encrypted
Feb 25, 2016

Nice thread. Was about to post in QCS to ask for something.

First thanks for the hard work :) really appreciate the free and light app to browse the forum with a customizable font size etc.

Can you make the top and bottom bar disappear when you scroll down and only app again when you scroll back up or something? Basically an option to prevent screen burn in on the X without the constant bar and and white text on the top.

Another possible way of doing this is when you scroll down, the top bar change into the same color as the page eg. turns black if the overall page has black background and leaving the clock and signal white.

When you scroll back up, the page top will become a different color than the page itself and the text will also be inverted against whatever it was before.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Encrypted posted:

The app is not official so that would not have helped. It says so in the settings tab under the link to this thread.

stuffed crust punk
Oct 8, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Kind of a weird bug report:

This only happens in split view on iPad:

1. Quote a post
2. Tap Preview in the nav bar

Expected: preview of post with a Post button on the nav bar
Actual: there is a Preview button in the nav bar where Post should be, allowing an endless stack of preview VCs

Oddly if I get rid of the other split view app and make Awful fullscreen it fixes itself.

iPad Pro 10.5, iOS 11.1.1

Edgy Bees
Sep 9, 2013
Big Report: The iPhone 7+ has trouble expanding thread groups sometimes. If I try expanding “games” for example to see the sub-forums it doesn’t always register and sometimes causes the app to crash.

Edit: iOS 11.1.2

Edgy Bees fucked around with this message at 17:17 on Nov 21, 2017

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

boop the snoot posted:

Maybe an iPhone issue but every now and then the screen doesn’t work. I can scroll I just can’t click anything. Doesn’t happen with any other apps.

Update on this: I have found it occurs pretty reliably when I swipe left to remove threads from my bookmarks.

lifg
Dec 4, 2000
<this tag left blank>
Muldoon

boop the snoot posted:

Update on this: I have found it occurs pretty reliably when I swipe left to remove threads from my bookmarks.

Been happening to me too. On iPhone 6 SE.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

lifg posted:

A workaround is to do a hard press. Not sure if the 6SE has that.

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

Does the status bar go to black text? I've been noticing that happens after I swipe back from the internal web browser, but I'm running the debug ver so I thought it was just that.

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
I'm having a technical issue on iPad. Loading the next page in a thread takes a solid minute. Any ideas?

Edit: it's much more significant in mega threads

Donovan Trip fucked around with this message at 01:23 on Nov 22, 2017

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

echronorian posted:

I'm having a technical issue on iPad. Loading the next page in a thread takes a solid minute. Any ideas?

That’s the way the forums software works, whenever you load a page, it loads the index of all pages, which is something like dozens of megs in megathreads.

stuffed crust punk
Oct 8, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

lifg posted:

Me too, iPhone 5 Plus

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

lifg posted:

fwiw I have iPhone XS and I’ve had no issues.

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

That elephant ate my entire platoon.
It occurs to me we should probably take a look at our dark theme(s) and tweak them for iPhone X's OLED screen. Or maybe we make a dedicated iPhone X theme. Somehow I doubt iPhone X will be Apple's last OLED phone so it'll come in handy down the road.

Emron posted:

Is there a way to get gifv posts to embed in app?

Nope, but I can add it to the list. If you have VLC installed then you'll get the option to open the gifv in VLC.

Mr. Apollo posted:

On my 5S (iOS 11.1.1) I’ve had this issue for the last few Awful updates.

I don’t have this issue on my 6S, it only happens on the 5S.

Weird, sorry about that. Next time it happens, can you do a quick check for me? If you go into Safari and log in to the Forums, then head to any forum, at the bottom of the page is a dropdown menu. Can you open that menu and see if it looks approximately as messed up as Awful does?

Over There posted:

Having two issues so sorry if this has already been addressed.

The first one is that when I click a quoted post to go back to said post and it's on a different page, it won't go to the post and just goes to the top of the page. Is there a fix for this?

Also I didn't really know how to explain this one so I just took a video. I have to restart the app when this happens.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wmicz_WtuFs

First one, there's not really a fix for it. Sometimes jumping to the thing works, sometimes it doesn't. It's really hacky.

Second one looks similar to an ongoing issue we've never tracked down where the web view just decided to stop rendering chunks of its content. I don't have an answer for you, but I'll make a note that someone else is affected and hopefully we figure something out. I'm always happy to get more voices behind an issue, means a greater chance of solving it!

maskenfreiheit posted:

I keep getting an error code 100 when trying to upload an image from my phone ☹️

Sorry about that, I'll add it to the list.

boop the snoot posted:

Any screen in particular? Bookmarks? Posts?

iajanus posted:

God drat it the app is now giving -1 return errors from imgur again

Sorry dog :glomp:

Encrypted posted:

First thanks for the hard work :) really appreciate the free and light app to browse the forum with a customizable font size etc.

Can you make the top and bottom bar disappear when you scroll down and only app again when you scroll back up or something? Basically an option to prevent screen burn in on the X without the constant bar and and white text on the top.

Another possible way of doing this is when you scroll down, the top bar change into the same color as the page eg. turns black if the overall page has black background and leaving the clock and signal white.

When you scroll back up, the page top will become a different color than the page itself and the text will also be inverted against whatever it was before.

As mentioned, you're in the right thread; QCS does not gaf about apps :) And on behalf of everyone involved, you're very welcome for the app.

I'll +1 the collapsing/hiding bars when scrolling thing. We've kicked the idea around for awhile, though I admit it's faded in importance to me as phones get taller. But you've pointed out another reason it can be valuable.

Regular Nintendo posted:

Kind of a weird bug report:

This only happens in split view on iPad:

1. Quote a post
2. Tap Preview in the nav bar

Expected: preview of post with a Post button on the nav bar
Actual: there is a Preview button in the nav bar where Post should be, allowing an endless stack of preview VCs

Oddly if I get rid of the other split view app and make Awful fullscreen it fixes itself.

iPad Pro 10.5, iOS 11.1.1

I've seen a couple reports of an infinite preview button loop but never with the tidbit about split view. That'll probably help narrow down wtf is going on, thanks!

Edgy Bees posted:

Big Report: The iPhone 7+ has trouble expanding thread groups sometimes. If I try expanding “games” for example to see the sub-forums it doesn’t always register and sometimes causes the app to crash.

boop the snoot posted:

lifg posted:

Sorry y'all. I'll hopefully take a look soon.

echronorian posted:

No ideas at the moment. I see the same thing occasionally (not a full minute but an obviously delayed load), always chalked it up to imperfect net connection or forums server taking a breather. Seems like I should actually try to poke around and not just assume it's someone else's problem ;)

spanky the dolphin
Sep 3, 2006

pokeyman posted:

It occurs to me we should probably take a look at our dark theme(s) and tweak them for iPhone X's OLED screen. Or maybe we make a dedicated iPhone X theme. Somehow I doubt iPhone X will be Apple's last OLED phone so it'll come in handy down the road.

I made a post a while back with some suggestions for color values with that and last read in mind that'd be good to test.

A seperate idea for the UI I thought could look good is a slight rounding of the corners of each post, it'd fit a bit more into the look of ios11 (in a good way!) and help to seperate posts at a glance as you scroll.

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

I like the idea of gifv in VLC and maybe themes for the X and the Pro screens?

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

"The faster you use your cooldowns, the faster you can use them again"
can we get the iphone plus landscape view for the iphone x?

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Edgy Bees posted:

This is happening on iOS 10.3.2 on iPad as well. Can't expand or collapse subforum lists. Landscape mode and portrait with the slide out both seem to be affected and it always crashes the app.

obstipator
Nov 8, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I’m unable to upload images for the telephone.

I get protocol error:

e: lol nvm. that pic uploaded fine

e2: i cant upload small pics 🤔🤔🤔

obstipator fucked around with this message at 21:03 on Nov 27, 2017

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

obstipator posted:

I’m unable to upload images for the telephone.

I get protocol error:

e: lol nvm. that pic uploaded fine

Were you trying to upload a photo taken with your camera? It may be HEIC which imgur doesn't like. We're looking into automatically converting, I think.

obstipator
Nov 8, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

carry on then posted:

Were you trying to upload a photo taken with your camera? It may be HEIC which imgur doesn't like. We're looking into automatically converting, I think.

It was a screenshot from phone that I cropped from the Photos app on my iPhone [📱].
Cool

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Unedited screenshots are saved in PNG, but it might save edited ones as HEIC, which the app doesn't like, but uploading in the Imgur app works fine :shrug:

mrfart
May 26, 2004

Dear diary, today I
became a captain.
Thanks for the default browser update. You guys are the best.

Crime on a Dime
Nov 28, 2006
Good update.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

Mad Wack posted:

can we get the iphone plus landscape view for the iphone x?

I'm not an iOS developer but I was reading about this on Ars yesterday.

Basically Apple doesn't consider the X big enough to support the Plus (and iPad) extended landscape layouts.

POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

I'm just exploding with mackerel. This is the aji wo kutta of my discontent.
Pillbug
I'm getting "post not found" errors when I follow links from the Leper's Colony. I'm on the iPhone 5c and have yesterday's app update.

e: correct error message now :downs:

POOL IS CLOSED fucked around with this message at 01:57 on Nov 29, 2017

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

Weird; after force-closing it (3.31 on 7+ 11.1.2) tapping Leper's Colony entries doesn't go anywhere at all, let alone the offending reply.

Then again, a Leper's Colony link could point to anywhere on the same page as the offending reply before the app update.

[E: clarity]

dont be mean to me fucked around with this message at 04:32 on Nov 30, 2017

burial
Sep 13, 2002

actually, that won't be necessary.
I’m also having the issue where Leper’s Colony entries can’t find the post in question. iPhone 5s here.

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

lemon-lyme disease posted:

I’m also having the issue where Leper’s Colony entries can’t find the post in question. iPhone 5s here.

Same here. iPhone 7x, most recent Awful and iOS updates installed.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

Leper colony no worky

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
I can't filter by thread tag. I can click the thing at the top of the open forum but it doesn't show me tags to choose anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stone cold
Feb 15, 2014

lemon-lyme disease posted:

Same issue, 6s