Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Alhazred posted:

Apparently more than americans because I couldn't find the english equivalence to vorspiel and nachspiel (the drinking you do before and after the party).

Pregaming for the former.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

Terrible Manson caricature, but good Marx caricature if you ignore the swastika.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Avenging_Mikon posted:

He's an rear end in a top hat. Close enough for me.

Well you just keep fighting that good fight, bro :)

I mean, I don't disagree on any particular point, but

"Everyone should be mad about everything" sure is a Ted-Rall-level take

Alhazred posted:

Apparently more than americans because I couldn't find the english equivalence to vorspiel and nachspiel (the drinking you do before and after the party).

Vorspiel is pregaming, and nachspiel is either postgaming or an afterparty

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Ah, I see Branco has finally decided to give Mueller the Perfidious Jew makeover.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Avenging_Mikon posted:

Come the gently caress on with this.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Rincewinds
Jul 30, 2014

MEAT IS MEAT

Good. Bad. I am the one with a pen.

Roruz is going to have lots of cartoons to edit.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Avenging_Mikon posted:

:thunk:

Kopijeger
Feb 14, 2010

Apparently, it is not enough to write "vatican" on the license plate and mention the popemobile: the only way to recognise the driver as the pope is to give him a comically exaggerated mitre (drawn with doubtful perspective) instead of his usual zucchetto.

A HUNGRY MOUTH
Nov 3, 2006

date of birth: 02/05/88
manufacturer: mazda
model/year: 2008 mazda6
sexuality: straight, bi-curious
peircings: pusspuss

Nap Ghost

FOOLS!! If only you had a nonzero tolerance for sexual harassers, like Rick McKee does, you would not have found yourself caught in such a devilish rhetorical trap!!

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.

Kopijeger posted:

Apparently, it is not enough to write "vatican" on the license plate and mention the popemobile: the only way to recognise the driver as the pope is to give him a comically exaggerated mitre (drawn with doubtful perspective) instead of his usual zucchetto.

OK I'm not a car guy but that's awesome.

A HUNGRY MOUTH
Nov 3, 2006

date of birth: 02/05/88
manufacturer: mazda
model/year: 2008 mazda6
sexuality: straight, bi-curious
peircings: pusspuss

Nap Ghost

loquacius posted:

"Everyone should be mad about everything" sure is a Ted-Rall-level take

As always, Ted Rall miraculously exists at the exactly correct and appropriate level of indignation; everyone more angry cares too much/about the wrong things, and everyone less upset is a stooge for the status quo.

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

Kopijeger posted:

if I had the cash I would absolutely buy a Pontiff Edition Lamborghini

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice
It just occurred to me that 17 year olds today are about as far removed from Bill Clinton as I am from Gerald Ford. Should we really expect them to give a poo poo about his presidency? They probably remember the Clinton administration the exact same way I remember Ford's: reruns of SNL.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

davebo posted:

It just occurred to me that 17 year olds today are about as far removed from Bill Clinton as I am from Gerald Ford.

That just means you're young :shrug:

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Kopijeger posted:

I considered commenting with "b-but Pope Franscis doesn't wear a mitra" on the original cartoon, but I was kinda hoping the thread would manage to leave that extremely stupid bullshit be. Futile, I suppose.

twice burned ice
Dec 29, 2008

My stove defies the laws of physics!

:rolleyes:

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

Jerry Cotton posted:

That just means you're young :shrug:

Yeah but it works for any age. I don't know about any scandals in the Truman administration but would today's 64 year olds still give a poo poo? I guess I just want all the Lewinski stuff to die off soon so I at least have some idea how long people are going to harp on it. It's been 20 years so I fully expect Republicans to be shouting about Benghazi and her emails in 2037, but it'd be nice if it ended there.

Edit: Apparently Truman investigated the IRS and fired 166 people, but people speculated it was his own corruption?

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

davebo posted:

It just occurred to me that 17 year olds today are about as far removed from Bill Clinton as I am from Gerald Ford. Should we really expect them to give a poo poo about his presidency? They probably remember the Clinton administration the exact same way I remember Ford's: reruns of SNL.

Yeah, but Chappaquiddick

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

I'm not really sure what Bagley is trying to say here, other than "factory farming bad."

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Selachian posted:

I'm not really sure what Bagley is trying to say here, other than "factory farming bad."

That's all that needs to be said, honestly.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

Selachian posted:

The Queen cover is a giant robot which has killed a bunch of people, but was only doing as programmed and has no conception that it's done anything wrong. Factory farming is a colossus acting in a similarly automatic way and causing comparable damage.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Just found an unsent email in my Drafts folder with the subject line "POLITICAL CARTOONS," untouched and unopened since 2014

the contents:

quote:

The Tea Party is Audrey 2, and John Boehner is Rick Moranis.
The Tea Party is Team Rocket, and the ACA is Pikachu.

I think 2014-era me was expecting to be able to come up with more of those

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes

the_steve posted:

I'm not a personal fan of Zelda, but, can't we all agree that
Although the cartoonist doesn't seem to know how game dev studios actually operate, the underlying point of the arc, that the game industry is still pretty drat sexist, is valid,
and nitpicking the technical details of the industry that the writer has wrong doesn't invalidate that point?

I think the real problem is too many developers trying to force stories into their games.
Doesn't matter what you play as as long as it doesn't affect gameplay and the game is good :c00lbutt:

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Selachian posted:

Bagley's robot looks happier. I think factory farming robot was programmed to be happy about murdering animals?

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
well technically a water/flying type

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!

Come on now, the man had a family for god sakes!

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

It's stated in the stupidest terms, but that's a legitimate critique of neoliberal takes on immigration. If the reason you support immigrants is because you don't want to pay for a living wage in your produce, you're implicitly saying that some people should work to support the economic system without adequate payment.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

"At least I'm an honest Racist, unlike those two-faced liberals." :smugbert:

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
I was under the impression immigrants came here of their own free will.

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
Replace democrats with kulaks and you get something much better

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

T-man posted:

It's stated in the stupidest terms, but that's a legitimate critique of neoliberal takes on immigration. If the reason you support immigrants is because you don't want to pay for a living wage in your produce, you're implicitly saying that some people should work to support the economic system without adequate payment.

How exactly do you manage to be so dumb you know something is stupid, but still pretend it's strawman argument is based on real things?

Ambitious Spider
Feb 13, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

AVeryLargeRadish posted:

Come on now, the man had a family for god sakes!

:vince:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on Brexit developments – Theresa May hopes for treats while fat cats attend to their chow"

Telegraph:

Collapse of German coalition talks underlines Merkel's weaknesses

Independent:

Theresa May's cabinet agrees to pay more to break Brexit deadlock

Times:

Evening Standard:

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Fulchrum posted:

How exactly do you manage to be so dumb you know something is stupid, but still pretend it's strawman argument is based on real things?

Who gives a poo poo if the author is disingenuous, the argument itself is a strong one divorced from this context. It's an important discussion we should have on the left -- why do we support immigration, and is that immigration just a tacit way of recreating an exploited class -- regardless of right wing meme makers bungling its execution. It's like many other cartoons where we can a) debate the author's stupid argument and b) discuss the topic in a more robust and intellectually honest way.

Oh, and if we're being snippy, it's spelled "fulcrum."

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

T-man posted:

No it's jobs Americans don't want to do, not jobs that pay poo poo. You probably couldn't pay me enough to pick vegetables all day.

twice burned ice
Dec 29, 2008

My stove defies the laws of physics!

T-man posted:

Who gives a poo poo if the author is disingenuous, the argument itself is a strong one divorced from this context. It's an important discussion we should have on the left -- why do we support immigration, and is that immigration just a tacit way of recreating an exploited class -- regardless of right wing meme makers bungling its execution. It's like many other cartoons where we can a) debate the author's stupid argument and b) discuss the topic in a more robust and intellectually honest way.

Oh, and if we're being snippy, it's spelled "fulcrum."

We can acknowledge that immigrants constitute a large portion of low-skill workers in this country while also supporting increasing the standard of living for all low-skilled workers.

I don't see republicans trying to help low-skill and low-wage workers as they kill unions and fight against enacting a living wage.

The image presents a poo poo argument in even shittier terms.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
If anything a lot of the big business that Republicans love to slobber over keeps hiring illegals, including the president, while parroting how we just keep letting these undocumented migrants in, close borders (except as my personal servants!).

Despera
Jun 6, 2011

Crabtree posted:

If anything a lot of the big business that Republicans love to slobber over keeps hiring illegals, including the president, while parroting how we just keep letting these undocumented migrants in, close borders (except as my personal servants!).

Im guessing that image was from some antifa communist

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Despera posted:

I was under the impression immigrants came here of their own free will.

Well...

• Locked thread