Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
finally reading Billy Bat (117) and wait what, so why didn't Kurusu make his wish? cuz he's about to...and then Kevin's like "I GOT IT"...and then it's just reminding him of his dad? so that's why?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Jose posted:

before i reread riki-oh and fist of the north star i was thinking of making a generic old insane fighting manga thread and wondered if someone has good pictures for it or just fancies letting me be a lazy gently caress

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
i've seen that and couldn't say what manga its from lol

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

it's fist

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
i'm not sure if it ever got finished but here is one of those old insane fighting manga

http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Family-of-Brahman

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

Jose posted:

before i reread riki-oh and fist of the north star i was thinking of making a generic old insane fighting manga thread and wondered if someone has good pictures for it or just fancies letting me be a lazy gently caress

the page in i think it was riki oh but really it could be any tetsuya saruwatari manga where the protaganist is strong enough to punch people so hard there heads explode but anyway its the page where the main character punches a dude so hard the dudes face shoots out of the back of his head and I think hits a wall but the rest of his head is still there but there is this huge face sized hole in it.

im looking for it right now

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
SBLONK

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
I've been reading Love Buzz by Takako Shimura. It's about a female wrestler who comes back from a sabbatical, bringing along her young daughter, and from there about the interpersonal relationships between the members of wrestler troupe and some people outside of it.

It's nice and fun.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
The scene where Ken, Mamiya and Toki stop at a house asking for water and are greeted by a granny who's 10 feet tall

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Mikl posted:

I've been reading Love Buzz by Takako Shimura. It's about a female wrestler who comes back from a sabbatical, bringing along her young daughter, and from there about the interpersonal relationships between the members of wrestler troupe and some people outside of it.

It's nice and fun.

Thanks for this. I remember reading this a while ago but I could not remember the name of it.

I am so glad to have found it again.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Cross posting but the next Mujirushi chapter is out

http://readms.net/r/mujirushi/02/4729/1

I don't want to stun anyone but Iyami might be totally full of poo poo

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Blockhouse posted:

Wanna see where this goes so bad

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Blockhouse posted:

That kid is sharp.

GoldenPrice
Oct 2, 2013
MangaStream picked up another new series, which is about... Cavemen?

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

GoldenPrice posted:

MangaStream picked up another new series, which is about... Cavemen?

Japanese Rahan?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=os12P8LCVpY

Stronger than all the waves of the ocean, Rahan!

Sarcophallus
Jun 12, 2011

by Lowtax
Grashros looks great:

http://readms.net/r/grashros/01/4739/1

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Ah, apparently the same artist as Kami-sama no Iu Toori, thought the characters looked familiar.

Y
Sep 29, 2004

it's time to step up

Punkin Spunkin posted:

finally reading Billy Bat (117) and wait what, so why didn't Kurusu make his wish? cuz he's about to...and then Kevin's like "I GOT IT"...and then it's just reminding him of his dad? so that's why?

Here's my angle. He never really wanted to destroy the world, which is why even though he said "make the world end" to the moon Billy, it didn't do anything. He wanted to "hold the fate of the world in his hands", which he got to do.

The other thing is that he accused Billy Bat of having manipulated his life to lead him to that moment, a life spent murdering and torturing people. He also understood that wishing wouldn't do anything except destroy the world along with him still dying. He couldn't make a wish to save himself or change his life, not really. The only choice he had was whether or not to take everyone else with him, and he had enough love left to make the right decision.

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

new Mujirushi chapter
https://bato.to/reader#2216920668e7ee9b

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Love the translation notes of everything Iyami is bullshitting

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

where is this GOING

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Rodyle posted:

where is this GOING

Hes gonna get the poor guy to be his painting thief/smuggler.
or set him up to be his patsy

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Wanna see where this goes so loving bad

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Hes gonna get the poor guy to be his painting thief/smuggler.
or set him up to be his patsy

It's gonna be both. The smuggling operation keeps getting shut down, but Iyami himself is never caught.

God I hope they actually go to France.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Iyami actually ever getting to France is some divide by zero poo poo.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
I want to stress how loving weird it is that this manga paid for in part by the Louvre features 1. an obvious fake Frenchman and 2. complete misinformation about the Louvre

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Nate RFB posted:

Iyami actually ever getting to France is some divide by zero poo poo.

Dont let your reves be reves-zansu

Hes such an obvious con man but he preys on people with no hope so it seems all plausible to them. The kid still has hopes so sees right through him.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
Didn't see an active manga request thread so asking here: Looking for some completed series to binge through. Generally prefer drama stuff to action stuff as long as there's not some soul crushingly depressing ending. Recently read Pluto and Billy Bat, which I liked, and Spirit Circle, which I loved (have also read most other stuff by each of those authors). Have also read I think most of the stuff on the wiki's recommendation list.

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.

Zerilan posted:

Didn't see an active manga request thread so asking here: Looking for some completed series to binge through. Generally prefer drama stuff to action stuff as long as there's not some soul crushingly depressing ending. Recently read Pluto and Billy Bat, which I liked, and Spirit Circle, which I loved (have also read most other stuff by each of those authors). Have also read I think most of the stuff on the wiki's recommendation list.

Jitsu wa watashi wa just finished! Like 190 ch so you’ll be busy for awhile. However it’s a romcom but: is way more comedy than it is romance, the main couple gets together before the end, the supporting cast is top notch. Plot is a boy who notoriously can’t keep secrets must keep the secret of his crush (a vampire) or she’ll be forced to leave school by vampire dad. This goes off the rails in like the first 20 or so chapters though

E: Sorry this is NOT seinen, didn’t see what thread i was in

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

literally monster, but artwork instead of murder

turboraton
Aug 28, 2011

Rangpur posted:

Well that's a difference of 3 1/2 years so it seems like the choice is obvious.

Did Soil ever finish the 3rd... case? Arc? I liked the series a lot but stuff like that doesn't seem to click for me unless I can read at least one complete arc at a time.

I finally finished Soil after YEARS. GOD drat, like GOD drat. I even offered the guy who finished the translation to at least translate the first chapter into spanish because jesus lord what a fantastic piece of art.

This website has all the chapters: http://mangakakalot.com/manga/soil

Mentat Radnor
Apr 24, 2008

~Water flowers every day~

Zerilan posted:

If you liked Pluto and Billy Bat, check out Monster by the same author.

Edit: I just realized this is the seinen thread and the following rec doesn't fit that genre but I'm leaving it here anyway: ---- I'm not sure how depressing is too depressing for you, but Kakukaku Shikajika is an excellent, compact, award-winning autobiographical drama by josei mangaka Akiko Higashimura.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Zerilan posted:

Keeping it seinen, March comes in like a Lion (which obviously has a currently airing anime which is also great) and maybe Inari, Konkon, Koi Iroha if you're up for a drama with a romance-heavy focus as well.

But yeah please also check out Kakukaku because god drat what a thing that was.

Nate RFB fucked around with this message at 14:14 on Dec 4, 2017

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Venuz Patrol posted:

literally monster, but artwork instead of murder

Calling it way too early there bub

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Vinland Saga is very good. Apparently it's Shonen though, jesus.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

maybe these distinctions are dumb

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

EmmyOk posted:

Vinland Saga is very good. Apparently it's Shonen though, jesus.
It used to run in Weekly Shonen Magazine, but then it moved to Afternoon, so yeah, it can classified as seinen now.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Anyways read Vinland

Sarcophallus
Jun 12, 2011

by Lowtax
It's great, but it's not exactly a completed series.

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
Kakukaku is one of the best manga ever in any genre. Would love to read more realistic autobiographical works like it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
Checking out kakukaku. March is still ongoing isn't it?