Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Norns posted:

Can I gently caress a taken?

You've got that backwards, you instead take a fuckin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

If you watch SirD's stuff he's pretty level headed about things. And guys like him all good enough that their KD can and does go up when they teamshoot and play "D2-Safe." Hell, my old sweaty rear end Y2 trials buds are rocking 7.0 KDAs lmao.

The problem is they can't play hero ball any more, so it's both less fun for them and their viewers. It's not a matter of "performing" it's a matter of performing in a way that's exciting for a viewing audience. The latter just really isn't possibly in this Destiny.

I think streaming as a career is silly as hell so I'll admit to some schadenfreude for the toxic streamer types but I don't fault the top guys who have good streams and attitudes for being disappointed in how D2 isn't a good game to stream like D1 was.

These are good points.

Datto, Byf, even Mr. Fruit's annoying rear end, I like them as they are far more content creators than the rest of the pack, the former two filling roles the games fail on by explaining the stats and explaining the story, and as such I consider them a different group and wish them well. And no one do I disparage for being bummed on the liquid fart of a game we got, or that gameplay looks less impressive because that's a consequence of it playing less impressively which is something every player is going through. I guess I feel their role is to be an amplifying force and death rattle is a highly effective sound to make.

That anyone gets to profit from playing games well, c'mon, it can't last forever and considering it a viable life plan is silly.

ElNarez
Nov 4, 2009
man this mercury public event is some elaborate bespoke bullshit

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Gob's chicken dance spotted lol

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Twice the tokens, it surely is the most rewarding event ever

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

haveblue posted:

Twice the tokens, it surely is the most rewarding event ever

Lmao Deej sounded like he knew what a loving stupid thing it is to say while TWO tokens popped for 4x the work.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Heroic Adventures with modifiers. Would be nice if those could happen on the other planets.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Dumb that they have to put a warning about wasting them in the prompt. Why not just make them... not wastable

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

This stuff looks like it will be lots of fun for a week and a half

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

I was werid when they say "In the future... only the vex exist" and then a bunch of fallen kind of pop. And are all the old fallen we have been fighting since vanilla destiny.

So correction, in the dark future where all matter is turn computers and all suns are dead and only vex exist, vex and fallen exist, somehow?, so vex and fallen are kinda the champions of survival?

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Are there any new guns for this iron banner? God I hope not.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Bungie, 4 years after release of Destiny: THE EXCITING NEW ACTIVITY IS YOU GO KILL A FALLEN CAPTAIN

IronSaber
Feb 24, 2009

:roboluv: oh yes oh god yes form the head FORM THE HEAD unghhhh...:fap:
The Fallen are like cockroaches, you just can't kill them.

Nicodemus Dumps
Jan 9, 2006

Just chillin' in the sink

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Are there any new guns for this iron banner? God I hope not.

I don't think so, not until the next one.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Tei posted:

I was werid when they say "In the future... only the vex exist" and then a bunch of fallen kind of pop. And are all the old fallen we have been fighting since vanilla destiny.

So correction, in the dark future where all matter is turn computers and all suns are dead and only vex exist, vex and fallen exist, somehow?, so vex and fallen are kinda the champions of survival?

It's a simulation. Not real.

Our role as saviors of life has been reduced to playing hoop games and doggy hide-n-seek for the amusement of an alien emperor that wants to conquer us AND playing VR games for the amusement of a different alien race that wants to destroy all life.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Menstrual Show posted:

Cheesefactory, you used literally the same loadout for all of destiny so idk why you poo poo on other people for wanting to do the same. If they gave you TLW/sniper back are you saying you wouldn't use it because you're anti "crutches"?

Lol no kidding. Cheese you only used what was an insanely OP gun for at least the first half of the game. Did you just refuse to use other weapons because of the effect on your stats?

IronSaber
Feb 24, 2009

:roboluv: oh yes oh god yes form the head FORM THE HEAD unghhhh...:fap:

cvnvcnv posted:

I think I'm rooting for the Darkness now wtf

I am visualizing Guardians trying to go to a bar to drown their stresses and sadness in beer, but then crying out in despair when they realize Pabst was Golden Age tech.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
Rattled off 5 wins solo-queued, finished my challenges, turned in and got 3 guns I already had and a piece of non-IB armor.

YEAH BABY.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Chilichimp posted:

Rattled off 5 wins solo-queues finished my challenges, turned in and got 3 guns I already had and a piece of non-IB armor.

YEAH BABY.

Destiny 2 baby

scaterry
Sep 12, 2012

IronSaber posted:

I am visualizing Guardians trying to go to a bar to drown their stresses and sadness in beer, but then crying out in despair when they realize Pabst was Golden Age tech.

To think we lost the secrets of nanobrew with the Golden Age

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

2tokens

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

why is bungie smart enough to provide the mats for the stream but not enough to rig the loot drops to be exciting. Sham loot would at least look impressive.

Boosh!
Apr 12, 2002
Oven Wrangler
The whole "forging" ceremony seems ridiculous when all you're getting is gear with set perks like everything else.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Lol@the prophet snow dropping in the reveal

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Boosh! posted:

The whole "forging" ceremony seems ridiculous when all you're getting is gear with set perks like everything else.

Yeah they should just cut all the art and effects from the game

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/11/21/destiny-2-mercury-exploration-public-events-and-strike-preview

Boosh!
Apr 12, 2002
Oven Wrangler

Norns posted:

Yeah they should just cut all the art and effects from the game

No reason to have a forge kid

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

I must have missed the Forge Kid in the stream

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

The new strikes are just the dlc story missions? Ugh.:smithicide:

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
Wait is the "story" just that you're doing some kind of sim poo poo with the Vex? How loving lazy can they be?

EDIT: I mean, shame on me for assuming the story would be anything but still.

Inspector_666 fucked around with this message at 00:07 on Nov 22, 2017

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Everyone is saying is super bad and supershort, but I am hopeful. I am crazy?

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

Tei posted:

Everyone is saying is super bad and supershort, but I am hopeful. I am crazy?

Not necessarily, let's look at the rest of the content before we jump to conclusions​.

poo poo. :(

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

actionjackson posted:

Lol no kidding. Cheese you only used what was an insanely OP gun for at least the first half of the game. Did you just refuse to use other weapons because of the effect on your stats?

Does people's weapon choice hurt your e bushido?

How!
Oct 29, 2009

Father Wendigo posted:

The new strikes are just the dlc story missions? Ugh.:smithicide:

What are they doing with all their employees over there good lord

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!
The two strikes that are DLC story missions are strike-lite and designed for single player

The actual strikes in the playlist are expanded

They said this on stream

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

It's okay guys, they'll turn it around for the second dlc.

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013

MechaSeinfeld posted:

It's okay guys, they'll turn it around for the second dlc.

Isn't that, like, exactly what happened in the first game? Bland rear end boring slog turned into one of the definitive shooters of a console generation?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Can't wait for 343 industries to take over destiny