Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

God drat we absolutely threw that away

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer
Liverpoo

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
Lol shut up about Istanbul

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
3-3 from 3-0 up is shameful, but it doesn't hurt your lot in the group really

r.y.f.s.o.
Mar 1, 2003
classically trained
As a liverpool supporter, gently caress me.

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Tsaedje posted:

Yeah like we're still going to win the group (probably), just annoying that we've hosed this up so badly. Klopp must have given the worst half time team talk in history.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Tsaedje posted:

I mean it does. 3 points there wins the group with a game left. Now they have to beat Spartak since Sevilla is 100% crushing the Slovenians.

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi
Mar 26, 2005

lol i hate this loving team

Sphyre
Jun 14, 2001

christ

Tortuga
Aug 27, 2011

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

r.y.f.s.o. posted:

As a liverpool supporter, gently caress me.

Icky

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

gonna lol when the 'pool sack klopp and hire big sam

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

EvilHawk posted:

Yeah like we're still going to win the group (probably), just annoying that we've hosed this up so badly. Klopp must have given the worst half time team talk in history.

I've got nothing specific to say right now, you know what to do out there.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
I got caught out by BBC being poo poo at updating the tables, yeah it makes going out a possibility but Spartak would need to win at Anfield by 4 goals.

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi
Mar 26, 2005

Tsaedje posted:

I got caught out by BBC being poo poo at updating the tables, yeah it makes going out a possibility but Spartak would need to win at Anfield by 4 goals.

Actually no, first tie breaker is head-to-head, not GD, so a spartak win means we're out unless Sevilla somehow gently caress it up against Maribor

r.y.f.s.o.
Mar 1, 2003
classically trained

It's rhetorical

cheese
Jan 7, 2004

Shop around for doctors! Always fucking shop for doctors. Doctors are stupid assholes. And they get by because people are cowed by their mystical bullshit quality of being able to maintain a 3.0 GPA at some Guatemalan medical college for 3 semesters. Find one that makes sense.
I am shocked, SHOCKED, that Alberto Moreno is a defensive liability. Why, just the other day I read several very serious articles about how he has turned into a world class player!

In all seriousness, Hendo doesn't look like he has it anymore. If his leadership isn't there, then I'm not sure what he even brings to the team in a game like this.

Finally, holy poo poo what a terrible pack of divers, Sevilla should be ashamed.

EC10
Jan 17, 2005

We like Nin-po-po
We like Nin-po-po
We like Nin-po-po
We like NIN---PO!
Firmino will have not wanted to over-celebrate early like a total plonker

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

cheese posted:

I am shocked, SHOCKED, that Alberto Moreno is a defensive liability. Why, just the other day I read several very serious articles about how he has turned into a world class player!

In all seriousness, Hendo doesn't look like he has it anymore. If his leadership isn't there, then I'm not sure what he even brings to the team in a game like this.

Finally, holy poo poo what a terrible pack of divers, Sevilla should be ashamed.

Moreno was only at fault for the penalty and that was because he was sold short by Coutinho. The free kick is the same systematic issues we've seen under Klopp and will never go away.

Midfield was abject all game though. Henderson has been shocking all season, Wij cannot play away from home for some reason, Coutinho doesn't bother defending.

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Simone Poodoin posted:

Can't wait to post "Napolol" some time today

Guess what did not happen

cheese
Jan 7, 2004

Shop around for doctors! Always fucking shop for doctors. Doctors are stupid assholes. And they get by because people are cowed by their mystical bullshit quality of being able to maintain a 3.0 GPA at some Guatemalan medical college for 3 semesters. Find one that makes sense.

EvilHawk posted:

Moreno was only at fault for the penalty and that was because he was sold short by Coutinho. The free kick is the same systematic issues we've seen under Klopp and will never go away.

Midfield was abject all game though. Henderson has been shocking all season, Wij cannot play away from home for some reason, Coutinho doesn't bother defending.
Fair point, it was definitely less our actual defenders tonight - Joe Gomez was really solid. It just blows my mind that our campaign was derailed early and often last season by blowing leads and giving up multiple goals to inferior opposition, and we did so little to rectify it this summer.

Group is still in our hands with that last home game but FFS.

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

cheese posted:

Fair point, it was definitely less our actual defenders tonight - Joe Gomez was really solid. It just blows my mind that our campaign was derailed early and often last season by blowing leads and giving up multiple goals to inferior opposition, and we did so little to rectify it this summer.

Group is still in our hands with that last home game but FFS.

This is a very odd feeling. We didn't lose, we're still top of the group, we still have to do exactly what most of us would have expected us to do before the game (beat Spartak to top the group).

Tempting fate but I don't really see Spartak getting a win at Anfield. We should be fine.

r.y.f.s.o.
Mar 1, 2003
classically trained

EvilHawk posted:

Tempting fate but I don't really see Spartak getting a win at Anfield. We should be fine.

Funny I said almost that exact thing to a coworker about 15 minutes before kickoff, but about Sevilla.

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

r.y.f.s.o. posted:

Funny I said almost that exact thing to a coworker about 15 minutes before kickoff, but about Sevilla.

About the game tonight? In that case you were naive. Sevilla haven't lost at home in over a year (in the CL? or in total? not sure about that). They are incredibly difficult to beat on their own ground.

Spartak aren't anywhere near the same beast, and we are actually good at home (5 goals concede all season?).

r.y.f.s.o.
Mar 1, 2003
classically trained

EvilHawk posted:

About the game tonight? In that case you were naive. Sevilla haven't lost at home in over a year (in the CL? or in total? not sure about that). They are incredibly difficult to beat on their own ground.

Spartak aren't anywhere near the same beast, and we are actually good at home (5 goals concede all season?).

That all makes sense, on the other hand,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJe1iUuAW4M

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
Tottenham Hotspur topping the group with a game in hand, having taken 6 points off Dortmund and 4 off Real Madrid. Easy, this Champions League malarkey.

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

AJ_Impy posted:

Tottenham Hotspur topping the group with a game in hand, having taken 6 points off Dortmund and 4 off Real Madrid. Easy, this Champions League malarkey.

It is strange just how well the English teams are doing this season. Everyone except from Chelsea and Everton are topping their groups. 6/7 teams are probably going through to the knockout stages. Doing that coefficient a world of good.

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

EvilHawk posted:

If the players approach the match like this, Liverpool is doomed.

I don’t know if this is down to Klopp’s bad halftime match talks, but this kind of poo poo mentality preceded him for a long time at Liverpool. I’ve seen Liverpool blow leads like this under Dalglish and Rodgers too.

The club hasn’t had the kind of midfield players you can count on to kill an opposition’s comeback game or intentionally calm a game down since Alonso left and Lucas got his major knee injury. Too many players at Liverpool ape the wrong parts of Gerrard and their passing, ball-retention and game management completely fall apart when pressure ramps up.

And since this kind of player is probably undetectable through wanky data modeling, fans (who are the ones who matter most) will never live to see this gap filled unless some new transfer staff come in.

At least Liverpool didn’t lose today. On to the next match.

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
lol just saw the liverpool result

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

We are a hilarious team.

As soon as they scored that first goal I knew exactly what was going to happen. We have no idea how to close games off, all we can do is play the same way. The problem is Sevilla are actually good and know how to attack.

Henderson was god awful and I wouldn't mind seeing him be rested and, I think next season, needs to be replaced with a proper defensive midfielder capable of shielding the defence.

Machinegunboyo
Apr 26, 2010

life is good
A lot of my Liverpool supporting friends were going crazy at half time and rightly so. Gotta say, really feel for the fans after that. Shambolic and must feel disheartening. Anyone else think there's something really rotten going on at Liverpool?

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty
We used to have 5+ leaders on the pitch. Now we have none.

fat gay nonce
May 13, 2003
actual penis length: |-----------|

Winner, PWM POTM January

Xabi posted:

We used to have 5+ leaders on the pitch. Now we have none.

Would you say that Liverpool have let it slip?

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Sounds like Liverpool could use a Joe Allen. Cheeky January bid?

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae
Apparently, during the halftime break, the Sevilla manager told his players he was diagnosed with prostate cancer and this was going to be his last game in charge.

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

mackintosh posted:

Apparently, during the halftime break, the Sevilla manager told his players he was diagnosed with prostate cancer and this was going to be his last game in charge.

yet liverpool fans are still more butthurt

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

RideTheSpiral posted:

:drat:

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

RideTheSpiral posted:

:captainpop:

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Bacon Terrorist posted:

Liverpoo will not qualify, same as their last foray in the CL. Pretending a point at home to Sevilla is good is loving delusional, so much for 'Fortress Anfield' and those magical European nights with the 12th man proving an advantage. Really needed 3 points there. Liverpool are more than capable of absolutely making GBS threads the bed away against the poorest sides, never mind any side that is well drilled.

Come on you Spartaks :allears:

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN
Come on you Qarabag *checks Wikipedia* Horsemen!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

Benfica already losing (by an offside goal) and not even making it to the EL if the result stands, what a poo poo show.

• Locked thread