Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

joylessdivision posted:

Did HCTP have the climbable Smackdown fist and the hilarious rag doll bounce when someone came off a ladder wrong? Because if so you are correct.

I miss people falling off ladders,bouncing around on the ground then jumping back but like 5 seconds later.

The only thing I hated about HCTP was that the ridiculous bounce sell from falling off high places always landed guys face down so you couldn't follow up with a dive that would actually connect.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
I wouldn't have as big a problem with the golf swing meter if it wasn't for the fact that the sweet spot for a kickout is hilariously small, especially in matches where I've been beating someone with weapons for half an hour while they've only gotten in a few reversals. Shouldn't it be bigger depending on how "fresh" or undamaged you are?

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
This loving game... so glad I am renting it from the library and didn't buy it, and that the Switch version was delayed to avoid an impulse buy.

I was Lesnar vs Samoa Joe. I hit 15 germans, 5 F5's (one through the announcers table), he kicks out of every single loving one of them. Joe doesn't get a single finisher on me until he gets the coquina clutch, and my bar is like 1/3 of the meter and he gets me to tap instantly. What a piece of poo poo game, I just don't understand it.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

My brother got the game, so I played a bit of it a few weeks ago. As someone who enjoys beating the gently caress out of people and doing dumb poo poo much more than a million reversals/kickouts in lieu of an "epic" virtual wrestling match, I wasn't too thrilled.

At least the ref's counts are slightly better than last year.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
2k18 will be $30 on black friday

Big Bidness
Aug 2, 2004

Astro7x posted:

This loving game... so glad I am renting it from the library and didn't buy it, and that the Switch version was delayed to avoid an impulse buy.

I was Lesnar vs Samoa Joe. I hit 15 germans, 5 F5's (one through the announcers table), he kicks out of every single loving one of them. Joe doesn't get a single finisher on me until he gets the coquina clutch, and my bar is like 1/3 of the meter and he gets me to tap instantly. What a piece of poo poo game, I just don't understand it.

I don't have this years version, but there should be sliders in the options somewhere to adjust things like finisher strength, reversal rate, etc...

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Gambit from the X-Men posted:

I do not advocate your purchasing of the game you do not like. the tutorial is just better in the game that is full of diagonal motion

If you are bad at something and wish to become better at it, then it may be wise to pursue it. If something does not click and you do not care, why spend dollars on it? or fictional dollars.

I mean it legitimately does look like it'd be fun as hell if I put in the time to learn it and/or had resources that got me started in the right direction, and it has a lot more cool poo poo in it than most other wrestling games. The basic mechanics are just totally loving inscrutable to me as a masher trying to figure out Returns from GameFAQs guides.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Big Bidness posted:

I don't have this years version, but there should be sliders in the options somewhere to adjust things like finisher strength, reversal rate, etc...

I’ll have to try that. Right now the game is just not fun.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
Have any of you tried 2K18 on the Xbox One X? What are the improvements you've seen?

Le Saboteur fucked around with this message at 21:06 on Nov 17, 2017

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Yet another patch to FPW, this time pretty much all bug fixing:

quote:

Version 0.9013 was published today.
Please refer to the patch notes below.
We have been watching the forums and are working to address the issues reported.
We thank you for your patience and understanding as we continue to make improvements through Early Access.

Please post patch-related comments to
this thread so that we may better track your feedback.

EDIT MODE
Fixed bug causing broken visuals when selecting parts. (Caused by certain resolution settings)
MATCHES
Fixed bug related to idle wrestler placement during wrestler entrances.
Fixed bug allowing you to chain Jump From Post moves more times than intended.
Wrestlers stay down for longer after being hit by a Run Up Turnbuckle move.
CPU LOGIC
Fixed bug preventing wrestler from using slingshot moves into ring.
Fixed bug where wrestler wouldn’t attack after dodging a move while being Irish whipped.
Fixed bug where wrestler would execute a Performance at the beginning of a match if a Performance was set to [Stand (SML)].
Fixed bug where Priority Attacks wouldn’t trigger after dragging opponent away from ropes.
Fixed bug where wrestler would sometimes use a non-priority move against a dizzy opponent.
Fixed bug preventing [Priority Attacks > Opp.Down] from triggering.
Fixed bug preventing Follow-Up Attacks after a Spider German Suplex.
Fixed bug where CPU wrestler would shake if you ran around them.
Made it so post attacks can no longer be countered.
Made it so that if the opponent recovers while executing a corner attack, the wrestler will stop the attack.
Follow-Up Attacks no longer trigger if initial attack misses.
Adjusted parameters for deciding to drag a downed opponent away from ropes.
*Wrestler now more likely to drag opponent.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
bought FPW and holy gently caress this game owns

I did the Mission Mode tutorial and I finally loving understand how to play Fire Pro :shittypop:

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

bought FPW and holy gently caress this game owns

I did the Mission Mode tutorial and I finally loving understand how to play Fire Pro :shittypop:

JOIN US!

I mean it's probably going to be a couple of months until we get management of the ring mode but you can put on basically any kind of match you want.

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug
Is there any sort of semi-active goon team in WWE Supercard? The old LLJK imploded and I've been bouncing around bad pub teams for the past few days.

DoctorDelaware
Mar 24, 2013
The team I ended up on is full right now, but they're not bad. Though it feels like pulling teeth trying to get the leaders to start a TBG for some reason.

Honestly though, I think I'm finally done with the game. I'd probably have quit already, but the Beast tier reward for RTG was the same as my freebie.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Testekill posted:

JOIN US!

I mean it's probably going to be a couple of months until we get management of the ring mode but you can put on basically any kind of match you want.

I ran a trios match last night with the Birds of War from Always Sunny vs. the Psycho Clowns from CMLL

the Birds of War won

game owns

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
I've put multiple CDs worth of music on my Windows partition just to use as entrance themes and am considering using Audacity to clip a couple to make better entrances. I've also gotten used to Paint.net and online text generators to do ring textures. I've got it BAD.

Like where it really hits the sweet spot is just how fast it is. Doing a single show in 2k14 on Universe mode takes at least an hour between editing matches, running the matches, the inevitable times it crashes my 360, etc. That FPW is both faster AND a better simulation of how wrestling matches go is just remarkable. I miss some of the spectacle but that's about it.

I may have to create a separate Gruesome Fighting promotion to move off some of the characters, both downloads and in-game- like the fighters built for MMA seem to have an advantage. Maybe it's the logic pushing them to repeat reliable moves more.

unimportantguy
Dec 25, 2012

Hey, Johnny, what's a "shitpost"?

Maxwell Lord posted:

I may have to create a separate Gruesome Fighting promotion to move off some of the characters, both downloads and in-game- like the fighters built for MMA seem to have an advantage. Maybe it's the logic pushing them to repeat reliable moves more.
Pro Wrestler edits tend to have low defenses against the MMA moves, which are also tuned to do an assload of Spirit damage to make flash submissions a thing in Gruesome fights. Also, the MMA-centric fight styles make the edits block Irish whips a lot, counter pro wrestling moves into MMA moves, and generally be enormous dicks. It's generally recommended to keep wrestlers and MMA fighters separate unless you're making then yourself and really know what you're doing.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
Yeah the first time I noticed this was when Deandra Reynolds barreled her way to my women's championship and the CPU just couldn't beat her.

chirico cuvie
Jan 23, 2004
Made of beef and beef byproduct
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/fireproclub/status/932849170897080320

So, Firepro just got a mod that lets you change the camera angle in-game. I know there were PAR codes for stuff like that in D, Z, and Returns, but nothing that gives you the ability to switch between angles on the fly.

I can see this being pretty useful if you're wanting to make videos or stream the game!

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Maxwell Lord posted:

Yeah the first time I noticed this was when Deandra Reynolds barreled her way to my women's championship and the CPU just couldn't beat her.
God drat that fight milk

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

Any word on a console release date yet?

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Maxwell Lord posted:

if you're talking about the Deandra Reynolds from that pack that has the whole Always Sunny cast, holy gently caress yes she's bizarrely overpowered

I put her in a 1v1 with loving Cro Cop and she whooped his rear end

e: I actually really need to see what their point totals are and maybe tweak them a touch, the Birds of War always seem to wreck in any trios match I put them in

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

First major DLC pack was released for WWE 2K18 today. You can now play as Aleister Black, Drew McIntyre, Lars Sullivan, Elias or Ruby Riot.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

if you're talking about the Deandra Reynolds from that pack that has the whole Always Sunny cast, holy gently caress yes she's bizarrely overpowered

I put her in a 1v1 with loving Cro Cop and she whooped his rear end

e: I actually really need to see what their point totals are and maybe tweak them a touch, the Birds of War always seem to wreck in any trios match I put them in

See the Birds I haven't had a problem with (though I don't use them a lot.) But yeah in addition to the MMA build Dee's point total is pretty high.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer

super macho dude posted:

Any word on a console release date yet?

Presumably that'll be when the full game is done (since there's no "Early Access" equivalent for the PSN). So, yeah, maybe Spring 2018 seems like the safest bet.

(Though updates have been fairly rapid as of late.)

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Le Saboteur posted:

First major DLC pack was released for WWE 2K18 today. You can now play as Aleister Black, Drew McIntyre, Lars Sullivan, Elias or Ruby Riot.

Saw some people complaining that they can't get the PS version to download. Never change 2K

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Le Saboteur posted:

I love that even with it's huge roster, we cannot play as the current NXT champion...

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

Astro7x posted:

I love that even with it's huge roster, we cannot play as the current NXT champion...

Yeah its weird considering Andrade has been around far longer than I think every person in this DLC pack.

Turns out all his attire is in CAW mode though.

Le Saboteur fucked around with this message at 22:05 on Nov 21, 2017

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

There were rumors going around that he requested not to be in the game for some reason or another.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
No one can request to not be in the game when WWE owns your identity while working for them. He was probably punished same as the reason he was depushed.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Yeah why would he deny himself a free paycheck.

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

Didn't say it was a good rumor.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Had a fun Big Boy Bash with Lars, BRAUN and Killian Dain.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Gaz-L posted:

Had a fun Big Boy Bash with Lars, BRAUN and Killian Dain.

Make Johnny Knockout the referee for that match

ribtstu
Feb 11, 2017
https://twitter.com/BurninHamma/status/932981606494617601

vidya feds will never be the same again

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
Apparently WWE 2k18 for Switch does exist as some copies already made it to stores and accidentally got obtained. Of course, you can't connect to any server to download the required 24GB patch of additional content. So the game is missing modes and even shadows without the patch. Could be the best game for glitches yet.

Qoey
Jun 2, 2014

Tato posted:

Apparently WWE 2k18 for Switch does exist as some copies already made it to stores and accidentally got obtained. Of course, you can't connect to any server to download the required 24GB patch of additional content. So the game is missing modes and even shadows without the patch. Could be the best game for glitches yet.

I look forward to how broken that would look (if it's for real)

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
I am excited to Walk With Elias.

He already has a win over John Cena in my game!

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
so I bought Fire Pro Wrestling World 2 days ago and I already have over 800 CAWs downloaded from the workshop

I may have a problem

(also holy gently caress the wrestler cache eats a lot of HDD space :shittypop: I'd be fine with this if it did it in the game folder on my HDD, but it's making a 15gb file on my tiny-rear end SSD)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
I just got an email noting that TEW 2013 is on sale for $5.49 on the steam store. That may just be the Canadian price though.