Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

Ougher
Jan 16, 2005

Flavahbeast posted:

that guy should pick up some new flasks

Its better than some of the preview videos where they have 3 mana flasks and 2 health flasks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
I'm worried it might be undertuned. The dev recording the video had to go out of their way to get killed.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Ougher posted:

Its better than some of the preview videos where they have 3 mana flasks and 2 health flasks.

People have been complaining about the mana flasks in preview videos for so long I'm fairly confident at this point they're just trolling

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

39 perfect posts with each roll.

This is a weird bug:

Logged onto an old character, somehow have the daresso portal effect equipped even though I've never purchased it and don't have it as something I can equip. Not one of the race rewards either, just weird all around (I emailed support just in case they didn't know weird mtx things were apparently afoot).

e. also gruthkul and brutality is a great combo

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I hope they let you keep it. Every time one of those bugs happened to me in WoW they let me keep the stuff.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

it doesnt seem like he actually has it since he cant select it or anything

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
He still deserves it, I mean look at all that purple.

They're barely even different shades of purple.

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

39 perfect posts with each roll.

purple owns though

e. apparently it's a known issue and it'll go away if I unequip it/equip something else, neat.

Dr. Despair fucked around with this message at 07:43 on Nov 21, 2017

Craig K
Nov 10, 2016

puck

Mr. Despair posted:

purple owns though

e. apparently it's a known issue and it'll go away if I unequip it/equip something else, neat.

i'm glad you mentioned it, i have the legacy portal effect even though i topped out at like 12 challenges legacy league #blessed

poo poo all on the other characters though

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't

Mr. Despair posted:

This is a weird bug:

Logged onto an old character, somehow have the daresso portal effect equipped even though I've never purchased it and don't have it as something I can equip. Not one of the race rewards either, just weird all around (I emailed support just in case they didn't know weird mtx things were apparently afoot).

e. also gruthkul and brutality is a great combo

That's been around ever since they added the new MTX system and they haven't bothered fixing it. It's what a lot of people got set to just by default.

Vapor Moon
Feb 24, 2010

Neato!
The Human Font
Congrats on the demi's, Rodent.

J
Jun 10, 2001

:discourse:

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

I wish there was a cool endgame where I didn't have to stress or think about all that fiddly stuff. Buying sextants and chisels, combining maps and poo poo. Just jump in and play. I restart every league and my runs peter once the character growth slows and doesn't outweigh the tedium of that.

Just alch your maps and go. You don't have to worry about sextants or chisels at all. Your map pool will still grow in the long run. I hate buying sextants and generally only use the ones I find myself. I use chisels to initially help with building a pool of red maps and once I've got a decent amount of red maps, I sell the rest of the chisels.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

J posted:

:discourse:

Just alch your maps and go. You don't have to worry about sextants or chisels at all. Your map pool will still grow in the long run. I hate buying sextants and generally only use the ones I find myself. I use chisels to initially help with building a pool of red maps and once I've got a decent amount of red maps, I sell the rest of the chisels.

How *do* you sell chisels, typically? I do not have any premium tabs, fyi.

Basically I want to liquidate some stuff in harb.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
buy premium tabs

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

Vasudus posted:

buy premium tabs

Is there any feasible way to BUY chaos orbs using other currencies, I think I'm asking.

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013
Go to a trade site, go to currency, find what trade you want (buy chaos for chisels), message them

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

lurksion posted:

Go to a trade site, go to currency, find what trade you want (buy chaos for chisels), message them

ohhhhhh I missed that giant "currency ->" button.

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

silvergoose posted:

Is there any feasible way to BUY chaos orbs using other currencies, I think I'm asking.

Fusings, chromes, and jewellers are pretty reliable sellers once people start trying to six link things.

Wallet
Jun 19, 2006

I haven't played in a while and I decided that the 10 day Turmoil would be a fun way to check out all of the new stuff they've added to the game (last time I played you still repeated the campaign three times). Now that it's ended, there are a few things I wanted to mess around with in Standard, but my atlas and hideout haven't been transferred; based on some googling, that stuff doesn't get moved over until they do server maintenance. This may be a stupid question, but do they have a regular maintenance schedule or does this just happen the next time they decide to patch or?

zxqv8
Oct 21, 2010

Did somebody call about a Ravager problem?
If you played in Harbinger all that stuff will be in standard once the league ends, not before

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

zxqv8 posted:

If you played in Harbinger all that stuff will be in standard once the league ends, not before

yeah you will have what 4 days to gently caress around with

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Vasudus posted:

buy premium tabs

you don't need p tabs for currency. Just use the poe.trade currency site and put up your listing and respond to the whispers.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

silvergoose posted:

ohhhhhh I missed that giant "currency ->" button.

you still want premium tabs

Wallet
Jun 19, 2006

zxqv8 posted:

I played in the 10 day Turmoil that just ended; the character/stash is already in standard, the other stuff isn't.

Attorney at Funk
Jun 3, 2008

...the person who says honestly that he despairs is closer to being cured than all those who are not regarded as despairing by themselves or others.

Wallet posted:

I haven't played in a while and I decided that the 10 day Turmoil would be a fun way to check out all of the new stuff they've added to the game (last time I played you still repeated the campaign three times). Now that it's ended, there are a few things I wanted to mess around with in Standard, but my atlas and hideout haven't been transferred; based on some googling, that stuff doesn't get moved over until they do server maintenance. This may be a stupid question, but do they have a regular maintenance schedule or does this just happen the next time they decide to patch or?

I don't think they bring the servers down for maintenance except around big patches, generally, so we might be out of luck until 3.1 drops.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

Meyers-Briggs Testicle posted:

you still want premium tabs

I know I do. I might pick up some poe points or w/e they're called with the next series of packs. I dunno. I'm lazy about spending money.

zxqv8
Oct 21, 2010

Did somebody call about a Ravager problem?

Wallet posted:

I played in the 10 day Turmoil that just ended; the character/stash is already in standard, the other stuff isn't.

Oh, yeah. Your hideout from standard takes precedence over any from another league merged into it, and your atlas completion is merged into whatever was on standard as well as your master progress.

Or at least that's how I understand it all should work. I know for a fact that I didn't complete 112 map bonuses on my Turmoil character, but when I look at him now in standard that's what he has.

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS

Wallet posted:

It won't be transferred until harbinger actually ends, so December 4th

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't

zxqv8 posted:

Your hideout from standard takes precedence over any from another league merged into it, and your atlas completion is merged into whatever was on standard as well as your master progress.

Or at least that's how I understand it all should work. I know for a fact that I didn't complete 112 map bonuses on my Turmoil character, but when I look at him now in standard that's what he has.

Tiny correction: The hideout with the most decorations wins, it doesn't matter if it's in Standard or League originally.

Atlas progress is league-wide, so your character is irrelevant; if you had 112 in Standard, that's what you'll see on your Turmoil character. If you had completed any maps in Turmoil that you didn't complete in Standard, those will merge into your atlas, but as noted previously it may require a reset to happen.

Wallet
Jun 19, 2006

terrified of my bathroom posted:

It won't be transferred until harbinger actually ends, so December 4th

Is that just because they won't reset until then, or for some other reason? That blows, either way.

Magus42 posted:

Tiny correction: The hideout with the most decorations wins, it doesn't matter if it's in Standard or League originally.

Atlas progress is league-wide, so your character is irrelevant; if you had 112 in Standard, that's what you'll see on your Turmoil character. If you had completed any maps in Turmoil that you didn't complete in Standard, those will merge into your atlas, but as noted previously it may require a reset to happen.

Yeah, that's what the internet says about hideouts. Master favor totals get combined and you get the highest reputation total per master (not sure why those don't combine as well). It must require a reset for atlas progress as well as all of that stuff, none of it has moved over yet.

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS

Wallet posted:

Is that just because they won't reset until then, or for some other reason? That blows, either way.

...because that's when the league ends? People are still playing harbinger, why would they transfer everything to standard 3 weeks before the new league starts

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
A server reset is not the same as a database migration from a league/race to standard. They do a database migration once a quarter, when the temporary league (and any associated races) get merged into permanent standard/hardcore.

Acht
Aug 13, 2012

WORLD'S BEST
E-DAD
Awesome Rodent! Grats!
Was fun to watch you at it.

Begger's question;
Can anyone hook me up with a 6L astral plate or glorious plate on standard?
I made my very first softcore character in Turmoil and I intend to run some fun stuff there to learn.
Need to build up everything from the ground, because my lab trials, masters and hideout didn't get carried over to standard. :(

Wallet
Jun 19, 2006

terrified of my bathroom posted:

...because that's when the league ends? People are still playing harbinger, why would they transfer everything to standard 3 weeks before the new league starts

There's no particular reason that Turmoil should have anything to do with Harbinger.

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

'n suddenly there was a terrible roar all around us 'n the sky was full of what looked like 'uge bats, all swooping 'n screeching 'n divin' around the ute.
Grats Rodent!

So, apparently there's a change coming to Goddess Scorned/Unleashed/Etc in 3.1

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/504429

"The Goddess Unleashed is going to go legacy; the recipe will no longer work. Instead, a revised version called Oni-Goroshi will drop in the game from a specific location in Act 1. This version has the same art/model as The Goddess Unleashed but everything else is different. The voice is new and covers all ten acts; it will not cover Maps. The flavour text is new. Oni-Goroshi is a level 1 sword that has 6L inherently, scaling damage and scaling degen. The degen is optional -- the condition to trigger it requires you add something that the sword does not grant: base fire damage. Without the degen, Oni-Goroshi is a 6L sword that has scaling flat physical damage and some crit. With the degen, it's a super powered version of The Goddess Unleashed"

Some more stuff in the post about the time invested in farming for it, stuff like it only drops from one specific boss in act 1 (which they're not saying which one it is, much like the original being all based on clues to figure it out)

Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

...I'm sorry. I can't seem to remember any of the rest.
since its a fire degen sword it's probably from the dog in prisoners gate

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

'n suddenly there was a terrible roar all around us 'n the sky was full of what looked like 'uge bats, all swooping 'n screeching 'n divin' around the ute.
They've said it's not from that one, given the hint that it's not a 'traditionally farmable boss', it's probably going to be Hillock.

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Congratulations on saboteuring it up!

How the hell much money did the Goddess guy pay GGG to be able to get that level of custom faff in a unique or four?

Also lol if some random sword gets act5-10 progress dialogue before the actual player characters do

Qwertycoatl fucked around with this message at 23:46 on Nov 21, 2017

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Qwertycoatl posted:

How the hell much money did the Goddess guy pay GGG to be able to get that level of custom faff in a unique or four?

Charan has spent a LOT of money on PoE. Other than the Godess swords, he paid for them to put plummeting ursa in the game. He bought a Ruler of Wraeclast supporter pack ($12,500) in beta. And probably lots more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Noper Q
Nov 7, 2012
I'm trying to decide between Ngamahu cyclone and righteous fire/scorching ray for Mayhem. I haven't done cyclone before (mostly stick to spells), and the last time I did RF was before SR was a thing, two or three leagues ago.

Are either going to be easier to play or better for the craziness of Mayhem? Also, I'd appreciate any links to characters or build guides for either.