Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Virtual Captain posted:

Did EA/DICE just poo poo the bed for everyone else? lol

gently caress yeah!

They super nerfed the grind in the new need for speed, and completely disabled microtransactions in battlefront 2 between "belgium/EU is looking into gambling in video games" and right now, but it was already too late.

They probably lost a few hundred million dollars yearly just because they won't be able to sell FIFA games in its current form in the EU. It owns af.

e: cat tax

Truga fucked around with this message at 00:52 on Nov 22, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zzr
Oct 6, 2016

Virtual Captain posted:

Maybe. Now Belgium can call for the full might of the EU technocracy against lootboxes, EA will try to lobby at the same time.

Zzr fucked around with this message at 00:52 on Nov 22, 2017

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler

D_Smart posted:

What gave it away? The fact that we all share memes, regardless of what you think, or the fact that I have an entire forum of them?

Get a grip. Then sit the gently caress down. And STFU.

Ha ha. Okay, well trucutru did already point out I was incorrect. And this might come off as rolling with the punches, but I am tickled that you are telling me to shut the gently caress up.

Combat Theory
Jul 16, 2017

The State of Hawaii announces action to address predatory practices at Electronic Arts and other companies.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_akwfRuL4os

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Im glad loot boxes are dead

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Also kill Gacha while you are at it so I can finally be free

Abuminable
Mar 30, 2017

Now, aside from the Abuminable, business goes on as usual.

Truga posted:

They probably lost a few hundred million dollars yearly just because they won't be able to sell FIFA games in its current form in the EU. It owns af.

Best news all day!

I hope this cascades to a very hostile political and PR environment for microtransactions in general. Kids shouldn't be tempted by targeted, socially engineered in-app purchases.

Zzr
Oct 6, 2016

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Im glad loot boxes are dead

Someone should call their parents.

biglads
Feb 21, 2007

I could've gone to Blatherwycke

Abuminable posted:

Best news all day!

I hope this cascades to a very hostile political and PR environment for microtransactions in general. Kids shouldn't be tempted by targeted, socially engineered in-app purchases.

Let the KIDS!!!! buy what they want.

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

Golli posted:

Note the absence of the word "fun"

I've been keeping track. It's:

-Moons

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

SomethingJones posted:

Thanks for contacting RSI customer support!

Whilst we are reviewing your refund request why not have a look at these exciting 3.0 leaks and read about all the amazing progress we have made. This is the positive Evocati feedback we told you about in our last reply.

In case that doesn't change your mind we'll drag our heels and do our best to direct you toward the grey market by posting in the refunds sub, and we'll try not to gently caress it up and give the game away.

PS if you know any programmers who have made a space game boy we'd sure like to hear from you

Next PCGamer cover story: "100 reasons why you should play Star Citizen"

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Combat Theory posted:

The State of Hawaii announces action to address predatory practices at Electronic Arts and other companies.

that's awesome

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Derek going hard on content locusts tonight lol

Combat Theory
Jul 16, 2017

Virtual Captain posted:

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Also kill Gacha while you are at it so I can finally be free

:same:

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

Combat Theory posted:

This is dope as gently caress.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Combat Theory posted:

I need to make an :allears: button so I can open palm slam it

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Redundant posted:

Good stuff overall. If I'm honest I don't have a problem with cosmetic loot boxes because I don't care enough about my pixels but the money they bring in means I aren't forced to pay for stuff I do want. Still a step in the right direction should always be applauded.

It's still gambling and should totally be regulated, specially in games where you can trade those cosmetic items.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer
someone gonna jump out a window on the blizzard campus

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
HOW WE GONNA GET MONEY, they scream, as they land comfortably on the artificially grown kale beds that surround the campus

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
like please make it so everything with random chances are now considered gambling, and watch as the entire hearthstone/ow community goes completely insane

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
You are charged with [picking up a power up in Mario Kart, how do you plead?

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
2018 blizzard creates blizzcoin
2019 thread version 8 is created for mocking blizzcoin
2020 a single DVA skin can be traded for a 3 bedroom house in san francisco

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

TheAgent posted:

someone gonna jump out a window on the blizzard campus

I asked my blizzard buddy how pissed they are at EA on a scale of 1-10, no answer yet

TheAgent posted:

like please make it so everything with random chances are now considered gambling, and watch as the entire hearthstone/ow community goes completely insane

it does beg the question of where MtG booster packs fall on that scale

Lack of Gravitas
Oct 11, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Derek please tweet MoMAs dumb cipher so your fans on Reddit can solve it for us, tia

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

peter gabriel posted:

I'm color blind your honor, I didn't know it was a BLUE turtle shell, I thought it was GREEN.

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

Gee opps, I am bad at making games! Well, I am going to take this 160+ million over 6+ years and leave now.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Drunk Theory posted:

Ha ha. Okay, well trucutru did already point out I was incorrect. And this might come off as rolling with the punches, but I am tickled that you are telling me to shut the gently caress up.

Well, at least you weren't on his blocklist so he replied, but after this new transgression you're cutting it awfully close buster.

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

Fa la lanky down dilly, motherfuckers.

Raskolnikov posted:

I'm color blind your honor, I didn't know it was a BLUE turtle shell, I thought it was GREEN.

Objection, your honor! The prosecution asserts the defendant knew they were dead last, and Green Shells don't drop for last place. Thus, the Defendant couldn't do anything but know that they had a Blue Shell. The Prosecution rests its case, your Honor!

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,
Good thing CIG is so god drat slow they didn't finish loot boxes yet.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

peter gabriel posted:

Joke's on you, it was a Super Star, you cannot do nothing to me, Judge Loser.

POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

I'm just exploding with mackerel. This is the aji wo kutta of my discontent.
Pillbug

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

I need to make an :allears: button so I can open palm slam it

Crowdfund it.

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler

Toops posted:

Pfft. No random chance involved. You buy dreams, and get what you pay for.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Toops posted:

It would be so lovely if it came out they lost months of development time on trying to make "loot freighters" that were then banned from the EU

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

trucutru posted:

Joke's on you, it was a Super Star, you cannot do nothing to me, Judge Loser.

I ain't going back to jail for no one
*throws a squid at judge*

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

I wonder if it secretly kills these guys to know that Derek Smart retired off of the sales from the multiple games he released without having to scam money from his fans.

They may not be the best games in the world, but he made it as an indie developer. And he did it with a clear conscience. Outside of being naughty on the internet to people. But even then he did it AS Derek Smart himself, not some internet alias. So he’s braver than I am. I’d be creeped out.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

hot balls man no homo posted:

I don't even think they have women yet soooo...

And apparently the ones who do at losing them like crazy.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Daztek posted:

woah, my avatar

It’s super cute. :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Omniblivion posted:

This is mostly due to burnout; waiting for a new replacement to Eve...

If SC was a real thing I'd expect goons to come out in droves because of the pristine salt mines that are just begging to be tapped.

If SC comes out as it appears to be heading, even if it were fully functional I can’t see droves of people anymore. Even barring the toxic community, manually loading cargo boxes is going to kill people alone.

The very concept of Star Citizen is a boring game with badly planned mechanics to get people interested. :(