Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ceaselessfuture
Apr 9, 2005

"I'm thirty," I said. "I'm five years too old to lie to myself and call it honor."

Zurai posted:

Also, once we get the updated dailies it becomes pretty trivial to hone any 6 star skill, so that's not really a valid counter-argument.

Was there a date for this? I know the ability buff is happening soonish, but I don't remember hearing anything about the dailies.

e: ^^^^^^^ holy poo poo

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Well then, glad I saved some Mythril.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

daaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn

So standard 50 myth pull for a G-3 BSB+?

OKEE.

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.
That sounds amazing.

I'm bracing myself for 3 LMR for SB-less characters, so I'll be happy with something better then that.

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)
What was the way you were supposed to get 4* motes again?

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Shoenin posted:

Half the raid battles (they alternate 3* and 4*, both each week), and jumpstart battles.

Neutral Zone Trap
Nov 6, 2011

It's in the garbage. Where it belongs.

Shoenin posted:

Multiplayer raids for now.

That BF draw looks good. Gonna pull. Next pull banners will be ok god banner and then godly excalibur for me. Then undecided.

Attestant
Oct 23, 2012

Don't judge me.

Shoenin posted:

Mainly the 220 difficulty multiplayer bosses right now, and Jumpstarts. But we're getting new types of farmable mote dungeons soonish.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

KataraniSword posted:

4* Witch is absolutely the best way for most black mages with it to build gauge against ice/lightning weak bosses or neutral bosses. It's not Wrath/Lifesiphon, but few things are. If you need your SBs in order to apply buffs/do damage/etc then it still has a niche.

5* Witch is trash garbage except for building up chain multipliers, and even then it probably loses out to Chain -gas after buffs.

This makes me sad because I wasted every Ice Orb I have for Edea to get her 5* witch stuff up so I could beat Fenrir with her USB

With the USB she's a great ice witch but it was a lot of investment for ridiculously specific returns

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Having Edea or Shantotto USBs is basically the one usage case where it's worth honing Witch skills.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

YoshiOfYellow posted:

Having Edea or Shantotto USBs is basically the one usage case where it's worth honing Witch skills.

Even then just barely. Edea has Rank 5 4* and Rank 3 5* and will run out of hones by the end of a Fenrir fight (the other DPS is BSB2 rinoa).

Her USB cutting your hones in half is much harsher than it sounds, and she has to actually spend a bunch of hones getting the USB up in the first place.

Maybe if I fully LD her it would make the fight end faster but it feels like mage motes are the hardest ones to get

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Also I have Tidus' USB, OSB and BSB1 and I'm still considering pulling on the tidus banner like an idiot

What if I get the chain or bsb2! He's my strongest character by far already

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

Even then just barely. Edea has Rank 5 4* and Rank 3 5* and will run out of hones by the end of a Fenrir fight (the other DPS is BSB2 rinoa).

Her USB cutting your hones in half is much harsher than it sounds, and she has to actually spend a bunch of hones getting the USB up in the first place.

Maybe if I fully LD her it would make the fight end faster but it feels like mage motes are the hardest ones to get

I have lulu USB and BSB and Edea BSB, and I still only run Lulu solo using her USB. Instead of edea, I entrust-bot with OK. I found it made things easier. Ran with a Lulu, OK, Krile (SSB), Alphinaud (SSB, haste, curada), and Yshy (protectga, wrath) setup.

Lulu's turn order is usually Wall->R4 ice->R4 ice->USB-R5 ice->USB->R5 ice->USB->R5 ice

the R4 ices are usually up to 6k x 2 before en-ice, maxed after USB (not that I ever need to use them after the USB fires). The R5 ices after en-ice are 6k x 6.

She's fully LDed, so double-procs mean instant 60k+ damage turns. Her USB is a 9999 machine.

Shock Trooper
Oct 24, 2006

TERROR BALTIMORE
I take it the Black Friday Draw is 50 mythril? Guess 3/11 for half price would be too good...

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Pander posted:

I have lulu USB and BSB and Edea BSB, and I still only run Lulu solo using her USB. Instead of edea, I entrust-bot with OK. I found it made things easier. Ran with a Lulu, OK, Krile (SSB), Alphinaud (SSB, haste, curada), and Yshy (protectga, wrath) setup.

Lulu's turn order is usually Wall->R4 ice->R4 ice->USB-R5 ice->USB->R5 ice->USB->R5 ice

the R4 ices are usually up to 6k x 2 before en-ice, maxed after USB (not that I ever need to use them after the USB fires). The R5 ices after en-ice are 6k x 6.

She's fully LDed, so double-procs mean instant 60k+ damage turns. Her USB is a 9999 machine.

Hmm I'll try this. I definitely find I underrated how good Entrust was, with Bismark it turned out making Orlandeau my only damage dealer and constantly entrusting him was a lot better than any other second DD I could field.

ALthough with Hydra and Tifa that definitely didn't end up being true. That USB does so little damage. What's the next good banner for earth damage?

Stirdog
Oct 11, 2012

Here's hoping they keep with globals track record when modifying banners/ creating content that wasn't in JP and turn this black Friday draw into 11/11 or 6* only.

Seriously though, they seem to screw this up more often than not when they try to push content out of order or make custom banners.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

Hmm I'll try this. I definitely find I underrated how good Entrust was, with Bismark it turned out making Orlandeau my only damage dealer and constantly entrusting him was a lot better than any other second DD I could field.

ALthough with Hydra and Tifa that definitely didn't end up being true. That USB does so little damage. What's the next good banner for earth damage?

The current FFIV banner 2's alright - two decent Earth Monks (Yang and Ursula), and Rydia has a tri-element OSB (if you had her old BSB they complement each other). Bonus points if you're hunting for Water/Dark.

Ingus BSB2 is on the next III event, and the banner itself is pretty good.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

ApplesandOranges posted:

The current FFIV banner 2's alright - two decent Earth Monks (Yang and Ursula), and Rydia has a tri-element OSB (if you had her old BSB they complement each other). Bonus points if you're hunting for Water/Dark.

Ingus BSB2 is on the next III event, and the banner itself is pretty good.

I pulled based on this and got Yang BSB and Rydia's OSB. Next tell me which stocks to buy

(Also Ursula's SSB which seems very good for MP - 40% of max HP cure + last stand+ 100% Res)

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Shock Trooper posted:

I take it the Black Friday Draw is 50 mythril? Guess 3/11 for half price would be too good...

I was planning on pulling 3 times on FFTA, but 150 for 3/33 seems less ideal than 2/22+3/11

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
I'm pulling because it's black friday and I'll be drunk and not care.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

I'll be pulling because I have no impulse control even on bad banners.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Bruceski posted:

I'll be pulling because I have no impulse control even on bad banners.

How is a guaranteed-3 BSB/CSB/OSB/USB/LMR a bad banner?

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)
I think the game wants me to stay

It just gave me 2 Disco Balls. One was Golbez Adam's Axe, the other was Ermac.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Pander posted:

How is a guaranteed-3 BSB/CSB/OSB/USB/LMR a bad banner?

All banners are bad

:tinybee: :tinybee: :tinybee:

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us

Paul Zuvella posted:

All banners are bad

:tinybee: :tinybee: :tinybee:
I didn't know until now that I wanted a fatbee USB2 for Yuna.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
Any tips for either of the Barbaricia fights? I'm really not not sure how to deal with the annoying gravities.

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

Elephant Ambush posted:

Any tips for either of the Barbaricia fights? I'm really not not sure how to deal with the annoying gravities.

Keep everyone in the backrow and equip some resist instant KO stuff. If you have Kain BSB (I would assume USB is the same but better), the jump start is pretty easy if you RW Cloud USB. Load up on your favorite mitigation SBs, boostgas and unload. Just make sure you get the jump attack medal condition.

The A+ is mostly the same, but you have to be more careful as you build up meters.

Squinky v2.0
Nov 16, 2006

Behind you! A three headed monkey!

College Slice
I am brand new to this game, like 2 weeks total. I 11 pulled both FFVII banners, got the sephiroth OSB 6 star and both of shelke's 5 star equips. Cruising right along mostly on the strength of those two.

Since I have basically nothing, what should I be using my mythril on? Will pull that special Black Friday banner for sure but will still have 100 or so stones leftover.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

iamsosmrt posted:

Keep everyone in the backrow and equip some resist instant KO stuff. If you have Kain BSB (I would assume USB is the same but better), the jump start is pretty easy if you RW Cloud USB. Load up on your favorite mitigation SBs, boostgas and unload. Just make sure you get the jump attack medal condition.

The A+ is mostly the same, but you have to be more careful as you build up meters.

Thanks. I forget, do jump attacks count as ranged?

Also what do you mean by "mitigation SBs"? Should I use Faris BSB instead of the usual suite of breakdowns?

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

Squinky v2.0 posted:

I am brand new to this game, like 2 weeks total. I 11 pulled both FFVII banners, got the sephiroth OSB 6 star and both of shelke's 5 star equips. Cruising right along mostly on the strength of those two.

Since I have basically nothing, what should I be using my mythril on? Will pull that special Black Friday banner for sure but will still have 100 or so stones leftover.

Your immediate needs are Medica (party healing), Haste (faster ATB time) and buffing (attack or magic boosts). There should be a banner coming out tonight with a chance for a bunch of these (banner's called BRA BRA), so you should probably throw at least one, maybe two pulls that way. There's a new banner this Friday with a special of 3 guaranteed 5+* relics. Definitely save 50 mythrils for that.

A banner coming out on 11/30 has a bunch of really strong relics from the Tactics and Tactics Advance realm. Any amount of good luck amongst these banner banners can help you clear most regular content. But you'll have to grind out some stamina and mythril to give yourself a decent chance.

Elephant Ambush posted:

Thanks. I forget, do jump attacks count as ranged?

Also what do you mean by "mitigation SBs"? Should I use Faris BSB instead of the usual suite of breakdowns?

Jump attacks are indeed ranged! Mitigation SBs I'm using as a catch all for wall, proshellga, res+, etc. though debuffs also do a lot of it, though this was more about the JS, since you already have the meters.

I rolled the A+ with:
Y'shtola (Wall/BSB Wrath, Ultra cure)
Kain (BSB, Lifesiphon, Lightning Drive)
Ramza (USB, Afflication Break)
Rikku (USB, dance breaks)
Raines (BSB, MM, Wrath)
Hydra and Cloud RW

You could do something similar without Rikku with probably an extra healer and using shout instead, but YMMV. The trickiest/annoying thing is an unlucky Stop. If that happens, you might need to S/L.

iamsosmrt fucked around with this message at 23:10 on Nov 21, 2017

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

iamsosmrt posted:

Your immediate needs are Medica (party healing), Haste (faster ATB time) and buffing (attack or magic boosts). There should be a banner coming out tonight with a chance for a bunch of these (banner's called BRA BRA), so you should probably throw at least one, maybe two pulls that way. There's a new banner this Friday with a special of 3 guaranteed 5+* relics. Definitely save 50 mythrils for that.

A banner coming out on 11/30 has a bunch of really strong relics from the Tactics and Tactics Advance realm. Any amount of good luck amongst these banner banners can help you clear most regular content. But you'll have to grind out some stamina and mythril to give yourself a decent chance.

Jump attacks are indeed ranged! Mitigation SBs I'm using as a catch all for wall, proshellga, res+, etc. though debuffs also do a lot of it, though this was more about the JS, since you already have the meters.

I rolled the A+ with:
Y'shtola (Wall/BSB Wrath, Ultra cure)
Kain (BSB, Lifesiphon, Lightning Drive)
Ramza (USB, Afflication Break)
Rikku (USB, dance breaks)
Raines (BSB, MM, Wrath)
Hydra and Cloud RW

You could do something similar without Rikku with probably an extra healer and using shout instead, but YMMV. The trickiest/annoying thing is an unlucky Stop. If that happens, you might need to S/L.

Thanks. I beat it first try and mastered it. It wasn't nearly as hard as it sounded in the description. I even screwed up and brought Eiko USB as my RW instead of Cloud USB and it didn't matter. I never even came close to dying and Kain still did tons of damage with his BSB and Lightning Dive.

Stopgap
May 26, 2003

That's MISTER Freeze to you!
I drunkpulled last night on the TAY banner 1 despite having 5 dupes, hoping for Kain's USB. Ended up with Ceodore's USB, Kain's OSB, a dupe Kain's BSB, and Edward's BSB. Not exactly what I was hoping for, but still an awesome pull that will encourage me to drink heavily again before I make any future pulls.

I also pulled Edward's USB and SSB on the last BRA BRA banner, and he seems pretty decent? I've been using Ramza, OK, and Setzer as my main supports for so long that I haven't really looked at too many others. Has he worked out well for anybody else?

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

I don't have Edward relics, but his USB is amazing and with bard motes he can make almost any mage team viable.

Cape Cod Crab Chip
Feb 20, 2011

Now you don't have to suck meat from an exoskeleton!
Edward is surprisingly great now. I use him as a secondary buffer/Entruster in Magicites and he's putting in work with just his SSB2. Stacking MAG/MND and Quickcast 3 on someone who can feed bits of his own gauge to other party members goes a long way. You even have the USB so you kind of have the ultimate MAG-buffing character. Once we get the stacking MAG songs next Bra*Bra event (not the one in thirty minutes, sadly) you will have your choice of opening with USB and then your pick of Wrath, Entrust, Allegro con Moto and stacking MAG song, depending. No one else can do this, hell, when it comes to buffing MAG for a party no one else even comes close.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Garnet comes close since she has four separate MAG-buffing SBs and will get access to Bard 5, but she'll need an Entruster to keep up the buffs. Still, she can supply HP Stock, heal in her own right, and even contribute as DPS (which Edward can't really do at all).

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

ceaselessfuture posted:

Was there a date for this? I know the ability buff is happening soonish, but I don't remember hearing anything about the dailies.

Dailies should be December if I remember the news post correctly. Basically, there's a brand new set of dailies which completely replace the current ones. You can do EXP daily every day (it's better on Sunday but way better than current Sundaily even on off-days), and then each day has two specific orb types. Each of those orbs have a level where the Magic Pots drop Major Orbs (and the random mobs can sometimes drop Majors), and a level where the Magic Pots drop Crystals. All orb drops will be of a single type since you pick the orb type you want to farm. Need more Major Dark Orbs? You can farm them exclusively on Wednesdaily. Each level in the new dailies only has two stages of three waves each; the Major Orb stages are 40 stam per stage for 80 stam per clear, and the Crystal stages are 50 stam per for 100 stam per clear.

Basically, Crystals will soon be reliably farmable. You don't have to bother with Ultimate fights, you don't have to deal with packet sniffing to see if a Crystal is going to drop. Just do your dailies.

Zurai fucked around with this message at 01:52 on Nov 22, 2017

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Zurai posted:

Dailies should be December if I remember the news post correctly. Basically, there's a brand new set of dailies which completely replace the current ones. You can do EXP daily every day (it's better on Sunday but way better than current Sundaily even on off-days), and then each day has two specific orb types. Each of those orbs have a level where the Magic Pots drop Major Orbs (and the random mobs can sometimes drop Majors), and a level where the Magic Pots drop Crystals. All orb drops will be of a single type since you pick the orb type you want to farm. Need more Major Dark Orbs? You can farm them exclusively on Wednesdaily. Each level in the new dailies only has two stages of three waves each; the Major Orb stages are 40 stam per stage for 80 stam per clear, and the Crystal stages are 50 stam per for 100 stam per clear.

Basically, Crystals will soon be reliably farmable. You don't have to bother with Ultimate fights, you don't have to deal with packet sniffing to see if a Crystal is going to drop. Just do your dailies.

This can't come fast enough.

Do you happen to know what the average stam per crystal works out to? I'm glad they become farmable because there's a few skills I've wanted to try but they overlap with much better staple 6*s for me.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Went in praying for Mog stuff.

Two Echo SSB dupes, Deuce USB.

My fifth healer USB...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ceaselessfuture
Apr 9, 2005

"I'm thirty," I said. "I'm five years too old to lie to myself and call it honor."

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

This can't come fast enough.

Do you happen to know what the average stam per crystal works out to?

Same but MO.

I'm wondering if it'll still be better to farm Torments or if the daily makes all that less efficient.

• Locked thread