Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
glynnenstein
Feb 18, 2014

Her whole string of tweets is very pointed at Trotz, and it's hard to argue.

http://twitter.com/ikhurshudyan/status/933002034013462528

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

Yeah but that'd still be true because Larry is underrated.
I miss Larry. I miss him so much.

(if DSP is in your top-6, alarm bells should be ringing non-stop).

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN

Schlesische posted:

Yeah but that'd still be true because Larry is underrated.
I miss Larry. I miss him so much.

I mean they keep trying to squeeze Tom Wilson in there...

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIÈRE IN ME
DSP with Ovechkin and Kuzy what the christ

Gunjin
Apr 27, 2004

Om nom nom
Now do y’all understand why I’ve been saying Trotz needs to go?

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

Schlesische posted:

that's some therrien level brains

Slappy Pappy
Oct 15, 2003

Mighty, mighty eagle soaring free
Defender of our homes and liberty
Bravery, humility, and honesty...
Mighty, mighty eagle, rescue me!
Dinosaur Gum
THE really lovely part is that DSP has been playing really well IMO and I think he was a good signing. Just never ever ever well enough to be on that line. I can totally see Trotz making Burakovsky “earn his way back up the lineup” once he’s healthy. I like Trotz but holy hell.

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

Slappy Pappy posted:

THE really lovely part is that DSP has been playing really well IMO and I think he was a good signing. Just never ever ever well enough to be on that line. I can totally see Trotz making Burakovsky “earn his way back up the lineup” once he’s healthy. I like Trotz but holy hell.

I was really sad when I saw DSP go. He was crying when he was being interviewed after being told he was getting shipped off. In most sports you'd just about kill for someone that's that passionate about where they are.
He wasn't ever going to be more than a 3rd line grinder but he was a really quite decent 3rd line grinder on a Habs team that had what was a really good bottom 6 (and an amazingly good top-2 with pieces to make a good top-4).

That having been said, he doesn't belong anywhere near a line with Ovi and Kuzy. Put the Oshdog back there.

yellowcar posted:

that's some therrien level brains

I don't think Therrien ever had "DSP, 1st Line Winger".

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

GDT is up.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!

ThinkTank posted:

Derek Dorsett has gone back to Vancouver to be reevaluated after his surgically repaired neck that kept him out all last season has started to flare up again.

Ummm, should I feel bad for being happy about this? Because I don't.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

e: nm

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer
Goddamnit Flyers. I missed the game, but a game against the Canucks should be closer then that.

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIÈRE IN ME
RIP Oilers you were once back

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

i wonder what number dahlin will wear for the habs

grack
Jan 10, 2012

yellowcar posted:

i wonder what number dahlin will wear for the Preds

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
adam larsson
ryan strome
griffin reinhart

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

corn on the cop posted:

adam larsson
ryan strome
griffin reinhart

Taylor Hall
Jordan Eberle
Matt Barzal
Anthony Beauvillier

^^^
Please inscribe all that on my tombstone thank you

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

I don't have much to say. This season has been such a huge disappointment, way worse than 2006-2016. It's tough watching this lovely team which has been turned into poo poo by our poo poo for brains GM keep losing game in game out.

We're going to miss the playoffs. We will probably be bottom 5 in the league. But we aren't getting Dahlin. Chiarelli will manage to anti-luck the Oilers from whatever spot they're at and drop 3 selections. We could be 15th and somehow manage to drop to 18th.

I'm not going to bother posting for the remainder of this season. It's no fun being the joke of the league and seeing everybody laugh at your team.

Fire Chiarelli.

:fork:

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
meltdown november paying dividends

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Kilza posted:

But we aren't getting Dahlin.

Nah Oilers will get Dahlin. It will just be another log thrown into the dumpster fire is all.

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

Question: Do you put more weight on 3rd in the Metropolitan or -16 goal differential?

If you answer with charts, please explain them like I'm an idiot.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer

Jonny Nox posted:

Question: Do you put more weight on 3rd in the Metropolitan or -16 goal differential?

If you’re talking about Pittsburgh, as much as I don’t like the team Neimi alone really ruined their stats.

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

Jonny Nox posted:

3rd.
A bunch of those goals against were scored against Antti Niemi which might as well be empty net goals.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

I have a question.

Is this Alexander Radulov biting into an unpeeled banana?

https://twitter.com/chancem/status/933166189546737664?s=17

grack
Jan 10, 2012

Jonny Nox posted:

Standings. Niemi played three games and let in 16 goals over that span. The Pens would still have a negative goal differential if they had league-average goaltending over those games but it wouldn't be anywhere near as bad.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Koopa Kid posted:

I have a question.

Maybe he's like one of those people who never learned you could peel an orange.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

If it is a banana, and I'm not sure it is, I'd guess he's biting off the end so it's easier to peel.

Interesting technique, I do it by digging a nail into the stem to get a tear started.

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

You'll take the ride to leave this town along that yellow line

Kilza posted:

I don't have much to say. This season has been such a huge disappointment, way worse than 2006-2016. It's tough watching this lovely team which has been turned into poo poo by our poo poo for brains GM keep losing game in game out.

We're going to miss the playoffs. We will probably be bottom 5 in the league. But we aren't getting Dahlin. Chiarelli will manage to anti-luck the Oilers from whatever spot they're at and drop 3 selections. We could be 15th and somehow manage to drop to 18th.

I'm not going to bother posting for the remainder of this season. It's no fun being the joke of the league and seeing everybody laugh at your team.

Fire Chiarelli.

:fork:

:discourse:

grack
Jan 10, 2012

I am legitimately impressed with how completely Chiarelli has hosed up the Oilers in such a short timespan.

xzzy posted:

Interesting technique, I do it by digging a nail into the stem to get a tear started.

No no no, you pinch the bottom between your thumb and forefinger. It starts opening the skin every time.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

xzzy posted:

If it is a banana, and I'm not sure it is, I'd guess he's biting off the end so it's easier to peel.

I use my car keys to saw a tear into it. Sometimes it makes me wonder how much banana is in my ignition.

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

https://twitter.com/commie22/status/933171190184546304

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Man, next year is going to suck for the Oilers once cap hell comes. :newlol:

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Robots ruin all the fun of a good adventure.

https://twitter.com/mirtle/status/933198952207237121

Yeah whatever the hell

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks
It's impressive just how poorly Chiarelli has done in Edmonton. He traded Hall for Larsson right?

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

i bash my bananas against a rock until they open

Chad Sexington
May 26, 2005

I think he made a beautiful post and did a great job and he is good.

Levitate posted:

DSP with Ovechkin and Kuzy what the christ

I mean, it's a problem of depth. With Burakovsky out, they really only have a Top 4 in Backstrom-Ovi-Kuzy-Oshie. And you can't just stack the top line with Ovechkin-Backstrom-Oshie and leave Kuznetsov peanuts. And you ALSO can't slide a scorer like Vrana in there because he's a dumb baby newb and has to be hazed for years before you can trust him.

And thus you get Chandler Stephenson and DSP, top line wingers.

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

Looking forward to the Oilers somehow being permitted to ruin yet another first overall

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
Any new coach is going to continue playing Orpik big minutes. No brand new coach is going to introduce himself to the team by demoting or scratching a super popular veteran.

The Pens ended up having to deal with a very similar situation with Rob Scuderi's dessicated corpse by getting rid of him and that's what the Caps have to do. Trotz is a separate issue but the only way to get whoever is coaching the Caps to stop playing Orpik 20 minutes a night is to swallow the rest of his contract and get him off the team.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa

Koopa Kid posted:

He's peeling it but he doesn't want to take both of his gloves off. Seems pretty obvious to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

NHL N/V: How to eat a banana

• Locked thread