Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

no_recall posted:

Did i miss anyone? Keep them coming.
It feels like the likely numbers have been taken, but I'll go with 5.2

I mean we're pretty sure LANDDDD is in the warm up stages while they prime the walls and this is just two new ships, right?

Spiderdrake fucked around with this message at 10:21 on Nov 22, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003
Chris attempts to grab more cash.

What a shocking turn of events.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Are they going to sell land that punches above its weight?

Cheez
Apr 29, 2013

Someone doesn't like a shitty gimmick I like?

:siren:
TIME FOR ME TO WHINE ABOUT IT!
:siren:
They won't break a million though because the fine folks of Star Citizen are smarter than that.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Cheez posted:

They won't break a million though because the fine folks of Star Citizen are smarter than that.

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy
Case in point.

5 million dollars amounts to 83 THOUSAND units of pre-orders for a 59.99 dollar game.

160 million somewhere in the 2.6 MILLION pre-orders of a 59.99 dollar game.

Star Citizen has sold 2.6 MILLION copies of a non existent game.

Dark Off
Aug 14, 2015

im going to say 2.8 million. If there is drama the amount would increase to 5 million due to spite pledging.

Gradis
Feb 27, 2016

GAPE APE
Hmm I think they will make 2.3 million and sell a space tractor.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

peter gabriel posted:

I am at that big demon dude at Lazerus Labs now and I can't do it but I don't even care because of how much fun it is

Are you already playing the VR version or the normal one?

I can't wait for the VR version...allthough Skyrim VR seems to be quite bad, I have a good feeling about Doom 2016. Played it via an Injector with the Vive last year, and it already was loving awesome, so I am looking forward to a proper VR version, and a reason to buy a Playstation VR set this friday on sale.

PS: I really like what they did with the bosses in Doom 2016. They are a neat difficulty spike, but really fair imo...allthough I struggled quite bad at the second one, to be honest, until I understood how to evade a certain attack. drat, Doom 2016 is such a great game, perfectly optimized, super-fun gameplay, don't-give-a-gently caress-storytelling, awesome soundtrack.

tuo fucked around with this message at 10:36 on Nov 22, 2017

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

tuo posted:

Are you already playing the VR version or the normal one?

I can't wait for the VR version...allthough Skyrim VR seems to be quite bad, I have a good feeling about Doom 2016. Played it via an Injector with the Vive last year, and it already was loving awesome, so I am looking forward to a proper VR version, and a reason to buy a Playstation VR set this friday on sale.

PS: I really like what they did with the bosses in Doom 2016. They are a neat difficulty spike, but really fair imo...allthough I struggled quite bad at the second one, to be honest, until I understood how to evade a certain attack. drat, Doom 2016 is such a great game, perfectly optimized, super-fun gameplay, don't-give-a-gently caress-storytelling, awesome soundtrack.

PSVR on a decent VR capable PC is good poo poo.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

no_recall posted:

PSVR on a decent VR capable PC is good poo poo.

What exactly do you mean with "PSVR on a PC"?

MedicineHut
Feb 25, 2016

SomethingJones posted:

SomethingJones- 4.2 million space dollah

They'll break 4 million easy, I have seen Crobbler's Turbulent's vision

Special announcement on Thursday by Chris / Sandi is about real estate. Calling it now :D

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

tuo posted:

What exactly do you mean with "PSVR on a PC"?

Google TrinusPSVR.

Or Google PSVR on PC.

Works either way.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

no_recall posted:

Google TrinusPSVR.

Or Google PSVR on PC.

Works either way.

Cool, didn't know that! Thanks! I mainly want to get PSVR to have VR in my living room, because I moved my Rift VR rig to the simpit, and the Vive is constantly at my office. I'm looking forward to trying out the PSVR, everyone says it's much more comfy than the Rift and Vive, and the screen must be rather good too with the different pixel raster they use.

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy
PSVR owns. 120FPS per eye, and no screendoor effect.

You lose roomscale though, but thats not a problem since Star Citizen isn't that immersive.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

no_recall posted:

PSVR owns. 120FPS per eye, and no screendoor effect.

You lose roomscale though, but thats not a problem since Star Citizen isn't that immersive.

But how should I load all those boxes without roomscale?

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

no_recall posted:

Current guesses for their black friday / anniversary week sale. (in millions).

Jobbo_fett - 3.2
AutismVaccine - 3.7
Quavers - 3.7
Goredema - 9
VictorianQueerLit - 4.35
big nipples big life - 1.7
Zzr - 4.2

Prizes are random games from Humble Bundles. Everyone is getting something at this rate.

Put me at 2.7m.

Also don't forget MoMAs "at least 5 million"

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

They'll make an easy 4 million.

e: with the hosed up situation in Germany right now, I unironically guess that a lot of german backers will invest some more before Germany drags down the EUR with their inability to form a working government ;)

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3
Prizes:

First Runner Up - Steam key for Line of Defense
Second Runner Up - Steam key for Line of Defense
Winner - No Steam key for Line of Defense

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

SomethingJones posted:

Prizes:

gently caress! I already have no steam key Line of Defense. (Is it even on steam nowadays?)

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

SomethingJones posted:

Prizes:

Harsh, but fair

Mr Fronts
Jan 31, 2016

Yo! The Mafia supports you. But don't tell no one. Spread the word.

The Titanic posted:

Have to agree here. I’m sure there may be some goon trying to figure it out maybe, but I don’t even care. It’s like I don’t even want to bother seeing people even picking on it because these cipher things are so corny and dull.

If you want to make a post, just make a post. Even if you had the most insider information that was literally whispered to you in confidence by Chris Roberts, nobody really cares. It’ll be funny to talk about and laugh at, but just get to the funny part quicker.

Chances are high though that you’ve just ciphered something really dumb, and you’re waiting for your big “can’t believe you guys went so far to figure this out lol you’re pathetic”, and you can have it.

But it’s so corny that I almost wish you’d just make your own thread with your super duper cipher game and go lord it over the one or two people who will care. :)

Anyhow, that’s all all say and my useless opinion. Carry on! :)

Nice beltdown.

Rugganovich
Apr 29, 2017

peter gabriel posted:

I ain't going back to jail for no one
*throws a squid at judge*

You really need your hearing aid fixed, I said you need to bribe the judge by giving him a quid.
It's a post brexit judge, they're cheap.

Rugganovich
Apr 29, 2017

Spiderdrake posted:

I couldn't even get mad when I was there. Pretty loving polite given we showed up and poo poo on their island paradise.

Well you can't blame the Poms. They got the idea from every nation in Europe every couple of hundred years waltzing into ol blighty and loving them over.
Oh I get it, it's only if it happened in the last 300 years or so that it's lovely. Carry on.

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

Fa la lanky down dilly, motherfuckers.

SomethingJones posted:

Prizes:

Second Runner Up - Two Steam keys for Line of Defense
FTFY

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Rugganovich posted:

Well you can't blame the Poms. They got the idea from every nation in Europe every couple of hundred years waltzing into ol blighty and loving them over.
Oh I get it, it's only if it happened in the last 300 years or so that it's lovely. Carry on.
Dude you have got to know throwing down slang on a Canadian like that is just bewildering

I'm googling Poms and it's bringing up results about cricket and ashes what is going ooonnnnnnn

IcarusUpHigh
Dec 20, 2016

no_recall posted:

Jobbo_fett - 3.2
AutismVaccine - 3.7
Quavers - 3.7
Goredema - 9
VictorianQueerLit - 4.35
Zzr - 4.2

Prizes are random games from Humble Bundles. Everyone is getting something at this rate.

Can I play?

My guess is something silly like 6 million because these fans know no bounds.

edit- Actually that's an insane amount. My guess is 5.9 million.

IcarusUpHigh fucked around with this message at 11:51 on Nov 22, 2017

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

count me in. 2.3 mil, tops.

Krakenwagen
Oct 31, 2015
0.9 mils

ELE is here

intardnation
Feb 18, 2016

I'm going to space!

:gary: :yarg:

awesome

Rugganovich
Apr 29, 2017

Spiderdrake posted:

Dude you have got to know throwing down slang on a Canadian like that is just bewildering

I'm googling Poms and it's bringing up results about cricket and ashes what is going ooonnnnnnn

Sorry squire, I thought all Commonwealthians referred to our overlords (the British) as Poms.

Redundant
Sep 24, 2011

Even robots have feelings!

trucutru posted:

It's still gambling and should totally be regulated, specially in games where you can trade those cosmetic items.
Skipping a few pages to reply so apologies if I'm repeating things.

I agree but banning loot boxes won't fix the industry. They will just try to fill the shortfall with equally terrible practices. I wouldn't bet against things like enforced DLC or whatever being brought in as a replacement.

EA won't turn over a new leaf, you'll just see things like having to pay to unlock leagues or in FIFA, or charging $9.99 for an "Empire Pack" to unlock Darth Vader with no alternative approach. Blizzard might start charging for map packs or heroes or whatever.

I admit its selfish but loot boxes had no impact on me, I just worry about what shady practice will replace them if they go.

I also wouldn't be shocked if they leant into the gambling and just put a "you must be 18 or over" type warning before you buy them. I don't know if you can separate that from the overall rating of the game though.

Like I said, its a good thing and absolutely a step in the right direction, I just aren't ready to celebrate yet.

EightAce
May 10, 2015

Watch it all come crashing down on his head and wonder why any of us gave him money in the first place.
...death by a thousand Coutts , incoming :(

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

EightAce posted:

:allears:

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Also great future thread title

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

EightAce posted:

:ohdear:

Beet/Beer, pls

Krakenwagen
Oct 31, 2015

EightAce posted:

second coming of crobber

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Beet Wagon posted:

Quite honestly, a single "Blocked Crew" gantag would be way easier to give out than having to clog up the radiumvault with personalized ones.

Block Talk with Derek wiggling onbthe left and spinning kayak on the right

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

trucutru posted:

Yes, I have a big Anime backlog. Pokemon is close to reaching its episode 1000 and this is a good time to re-watch the whole series.

On the upside, you'll be done before Star Citizen comes out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nanako the Narc
Sep 6, 2011

no_recall posted:

Jobbo_fett - 3.2
AutismVaccine - 3.7
Quavers - 3.7
Goredema - 9
VictorianQueerLit - 4.35
Zzr - 4.2

I'm going to bet that they'll get a cool 4.5 mil from this sale; the past few big events have been somewhat anaemic sales-wise, so I'm going to gamble that the backers are saving up for this end of year sale, but it will still be not crazy high because the total number of backers has eroded over time.

It'll be really interesting to watch this sale to see whether it reflects what I think is going on with CIG's demographic; that they're losing a ton of backers and are just left with a smaller number of whales to keep buying into the game, and even they are being financially exhausted.