Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

i want all the moons, but i hate seeing these ugly rabbits. i hate them

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

drat these moon hatless challenges are fuceked up

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

they're harder than the champion road equivalent imo.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I started playing this again to do a 124 run and i don't remember where any moons in wooded kingdom were

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

In Training posted:

I started playing this again to do a 124 run and i don't remember where any moons in wooded kingdom were

Bust a nut.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

In Training posted:

Ive got 875 moons and the only ones left are ones I dont want to do like 100 volleyaball hits and collect every purple coin in the game and buy souvenirs so I think Im going to be done with Odyssey. Hell of a game, Im gonna try to do a 124 run this weekend maybe

I'm really slowing down around 600 because so many of them become guessing where you need to go now or paying toad to tell you

Up until this point it felt like I could collect 10 just wandering around for a bit and running into them

Do you have to collect every single purple coin to get all the souvenir stars? For the uniforms ones I have uniforms left over and I still got the final uniform star but I bought all the purple coin uniforms

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
I never paid toad, gently caress that guy

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Since I messed around in each kingdom until I was satisfied and almost got every purple coin on the first run, post game now im going through in order and using talkatoo until the first batch of moons is complete and then adding the new ones and finding them with the map which is using all in game mechanics and not the cheat toad so it feels pretty fair.

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

You would need every purple coin in game for all souvenirs, yeah

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

You don't need all of the souvenirs for those moons but you do need most of them.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

I'm stumped on one of the hint arts and it's making me really mad. It's the sombrero wearing koopa who does the trace walking and I'm pretty clearly supposed to stomp near one of the bushes nearby but nothing is loving working.

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Tender Bender posted:

I'm stumped on one of the hint arts and it's making me really mad. It's the sombrero wearing koopa who does the trace walking and I'm pretty clearly supposed to stomp near one of the bushes nearby but nothing is loving working.

Just keep walking its farther than you think

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
The should have included a purple coin hint NPC that does something similar to what a Bowser amiibo does without totally giving away the location. Having 98/100 after exploring the entire level over the course of 60 hours of gameplay makes finding the ones that you missed a painstaking process.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

HORMELCHILI posted:

Just keep walking its farther than you think

Thanks, gonna revisit that area and try to solve this thing

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Cobalt Viper posted:

The should have included a purple coin hint NPC that does something similar to what a Bowser amiibo does without totally giving away the location. Having 98/100 after exploring the entire level over the course of 60 hours of gameplay makes finding the ones that you missed a painstaking process.

Oh yeah that too

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Tender Bender posted:

Thanks, gonna revisit that area and try to solve this thing

Look at the top right of the hint art

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

It's telling me to walk north, right? I did that and then started going to like every bush in the area but I guess I need to go further.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Cobalt Viper posted:

I just looked it up on online because I was missing like 2 purple coins on half the levels and didn't want to do that

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

In Training posted:

I just looked it up on online because I was missing like 2 purple coins on half the levels and didn't want to do that
Even then though you still have to go through the whole list in order and check every single location. Basically I just want a Bowser amiibo but without having to buy an amiibo.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

My friends on facebook are all complaining about jumping rope rather than volleyball. I anticipate some challenges when I go to 100 percent this.

My Switch purchase got delayed because my wife wants to get it for my birthday, which is in the middle of December, but I have a week off between Christmas and New Year so at least I will have plenty of gaming time.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Lmao I found that hint art, this game doesn't gently caress around. Thanks again for the tips.

emoji
Jun 4, 2004
I have 100% but my save is ruined bc I only watered one of the plants in Sea Kingdom so only one plant is really tall. I probably died on the hatless bullet and poison flower levels more than everything else combined

The only thing I had to look up and last moon was the 64 style looking up moon after looking up forever, wearing different hats, straining different angles etc bc I didn't know you could first person look the entire time

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

emoji posted:

I have 100% but my save is ruined bc I only watered one of the plants in Sea Kingdom so only one plant is really tall. I probably died on the hatless bullet and poison flower levels more than everything else combined

The only thing I had to look up and last moon was the 64 style looking up moon after looking up forever, wearing different hats, straining different angles etc bc I didn't know you could first person look the entire time

That was one of the first moons I got when I beat the game and I was so happy it actually worked

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

emoji posted:

What's the button for first person look? My daughter was yelling at me to look up but I didn't think you could...

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

R3

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

i never knew about R3 look until i had ~700 moons, it's weird the game never teaches you about it despite the fact a lot of the game is about looking around your surroundings

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

That was one of the first moons I got when I beat the game and I was so happy it actually worked

same lol. i'm sad that the bob-omb battlefield theme doesn't seem to be in this game

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

anyway my right joycon keeps randomly lagging or just not responding at all. like i'll press the jump button and he'll jump a second later, if he hasn't already run off a cliff. wtf???

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

GameCube posted:

same lol. i'm sad that the bob-omb battlefield theme doesn't seem to be in this game
galaxy 2 did it justice, another pass doesnt seem necessary

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GlU-oBPiOJs

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

an actual dog posted:

I found a boo

Two boos.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
https://twitter.com/chrissyteigen/status/934174957801652225

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Read: free nintendo switch at some dumb hotel

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Queen no...... 😭😭

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

goferchan posted:

Queen no...... 😭😭

https://twitter.com/chrissyteigen/status/934479975180144641

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

wheres poochy

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

He's out there. Keep looking

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
oh my god the ending holy poo poo

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

I haven't logged in here in days because I've been playing this game non stop. Last night I noticed if you zoom in on the laptop a lady is reading in the Metro Kingdom, she's looking at a website with those gray cube things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

so there was a skip involving a glitch with a capture in the final super level that let you fly over the whole thing and skip it and i think they just patched in a big invisible wall there lmao

• Locked thread