Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

no_recall posted:

Current guesses for their black friday / anniversary week sale. (in millions).

Jobbo_fett - 3.2
AutismVaccine - 3.7
Quavers - 3.7
Goredema - 9
VictorianQueerLit - 4.35
big nipples big life - 1.7
Zzr - 4.2

Did i miss anyone? Keep them coming.

Prizes are random games from Humble Bundles. Everyone is getting something at this rate.
gonna guess 2.2mil

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Anything below 5 would be a disappointment, right?

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Wuxi posted:

Anything below 5 would be a disappointment, right?

For who?

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

SomethingJones posted:

It's actually annoying me that I didn't see any of this before now. They've had an (obvious) paid shill on the reddit one year ago, testing the water for paid real estate. That didn't come out of the clear blue. The idea of real estate was already planted in 2014 in that 10FTC and this whole thing was about selling ships, vehicles and real estate, shops, clothes, weapons, armour right from the start.

People said to me it was becoming more like Second Life in Space and I didn't really think about the ramifications of that. They were never building a game or gameplay, they don't need to. They just need this virtual sci-fi world. At some point between the original kickstarter and 2014 the idea of making a game was scrapped and supplanted with a virtual world with virtual goods for real money.

Titanic is absolutely right on the money. All of the spaceship stuff as regards gameplay is completely on the backburner, in fact it has been for at least 2 years. The ships are just for travel, and the game will be to reach the top of the pyramid by owning and controlling the most stuff in a janky, glitchy, buggy virtual world in which you can pay to win in every single case.

That's it, that's your game shitizens, enjoy it, you are playing it right now.

That's why there's no release date, because you can continue to develop and add to something like that forever and keep selling more and more new stuff as you invent it, that's the vision - I have stared into the mind of Croberts and I see EXACTLY what he's doing.

It must be loving killing him to see that engine way past its breaking point for something like this.

Somebody tell me why I'm wrong, please.

^this. All of it. :perfect:

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Variable 5
Apr 17, 2007
We do these things not because they are easy, but because we thought they would be easy.
Grimey Drawer
Put me down for $3.14 million

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

no_recall posted:

Current guesses for their black friday / anniversary week sale. (in millions).

Jobbo_fett - 3.2
AutismVaccine - 3.7
Quavers - 3.7
Goredema - 9
VictorianQueerLit - 4.35
big nipples big life - 1.7
Zzr - 4.2

Did i miss anyone? Keep them coming.

Prizes are random games from Humble Bundles. Everyone is getting something at this rate.

Put me down for < $1m

ps: The whole funding chart is bollocks anyway; so this is just fantasy football levels of poo poo now.

----------------

SCtrumpHaters
Oct 28, 2017

by Nyc_Tattoo
All you lowballers are suckers CIG would never allow the tracker to go that much lower.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

I have no money but I must Porsche

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

MedicineHut posted:

Special announcement on Thursday by Chris / Sandi is about real estate. Calling it now :D

Unlikely. They would've saved that for the anniversary stream/sales.

It's probably either

1) Just the usual bullshit we've come to expect
2) Layoffs disguised as something else
3) Pledge moah!

----------------

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

SCtrumpHaters posted:

All you lowballers are suckers CIG would never allow the tracker to go that much lower.

Are you trying to tell that it's not true that a single hour hasn't passed in 6 years where someone wasn't buying jpegs?

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
Put me down for the same monthly total as last year, I always underestimate how dumb Citizens are so not going to this time.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

trucutru posted:

gently caress! I already have no steam key Line of Defense. (Is it even on steam nowadays?)

Yeah, just not for sale since it's in CBT while we continue work on the UE4 port.

----------------

Variable 5
Apr 17, 2007
We do these things not because they are easy, but because we thought they would be easy.
Grimey Drawer

D_Smart posted:

Yeah, just not for sale since it's in CBT while we continue work on the UE4 port.

I count three different lies in this one sentence

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice
#notacult

I drove 4.5 hours each way to get a beer with the man. Worth it.

----------------

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice
Your chance to own a piece of HISTORY!!!

https://www.gog.com/promo/20171121_black_friday_sale_wing_commander_pack

----------------

Zzr
Oct 6, 2016

D_Smart posted:

Unlikely. They would've saved that for the anniversary stream/sales.

It's probably either

1) Just the usual bullshit we've come to expect
2) Layoffs disguised as something else
3) Pledge moah!

The 3 is obvious and can exist concurrently with 1 or something else.

SCtrumpHaters
Oct 28, 2017

by Nyc_Tattoo
Theres no anivesary stream this year.

Dogeh
Aug 30, 2017

ShitMeter: -------------|- 99%

I wouldn't install it even it were free.

The only 90s games I have on my system is Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

I'm gonna go high, I think the tracker shows 6.6 million.

Note, I didn't say I think they'll make 6.6 million.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
400 billion

monkeytek
Jun 8, 2010

It wasn't an ELE that wiped out the backer funds. It was Tristan Timothy Taylor.

trucutru posted:

Toast tried to warn everyone with a coded message (his communications are monitored) but naaaahhhhhh, you guys were too good to solve a simple cypher. And now this is the result.

I guess this leaves only the 'ole Evangelical minister rant stating they need $4million by December or God will smite them down if this doesn't work. Should be interesting.

Dooguk
Oct 11, 2016

Pillbug

Star systems in Elite: Dangerous

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

I'll say 4.0 million even.

I will also call it first (and I'm really sticking my neck out on this prediction): There will be audio issues and things won't air on time.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer
we should have seen this coming

TheAgent fucked around with this message at 16:12 on Nov 22, 2017

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

BluesShaman posted:

MoMA, what's your position at CIG/RSI/[insert shell company here]?

You're not fooling anyone. Just come clean (unless you're not allowed to).

God's honest truth: I don't work for CIG.

ManofManyAliases
Mar 21, 2016
ToastOfManySmarts

Can't post for 3 hours!

trucutru posted:

Put me at 2.7m.

Also don't forget MoMAs "at least 5 million"

Why, you don't think that's possible with at least 2 new ships?

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
I'm guessing the total for just the sale will be around $4.2m, with a total for November around $5.1m

if they pull out land buying, it might blow all of our predictions out of the water tho

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

The number of whales is falling and has been for awhile, we see it at every sale. What's 60% of what they did last year?

Eldragon
Feb 22, 2003

6 million, only because they introduce land for sale. They will literally sell an entire moon.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

TheAgent posted:

I'm guessing the total for just the sale will be around $4.2m, with a total for November around $5.1m

if they pull out land buying, it might blow all of our predictions out of the water tho

So far the reaction to it on reddit has been more apprehensive than I thought it would be. Ordinarily I'd say land-buying is going to be one of those barn-burners that blows funding through the roof, but I think by waiting so long to pull it out (and with nothing really to show) CIG might actually be making the paint peel off the walls faster.

Zzr
Oct 6, 2016

big nipples big life posted:

The number of whales is falling and has been for awhile, we see it at every sale. What's 60% of what they did last year?

Called it.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

ManofManyAliases posted:

Why, you don't think that's possible with at least 2 new ships?

No Star Citizen anniversary live stream this year. Obviously because the much touted, one year late, 3.0 build is completely & flat-out BROKEN; and they simply can't play/show it live.

Don't worry though, that's not going to affect the obligatory end of year JPEG ship sale cash grab.

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/home-featured-content/16249-The-Anniversary-Special

Seeing as they are most definitely engaging in a Ponzi-like scheme, if you put in for your refund now, they will have money next month to give you. New sales, fund old sales refunds.

----------------

D_Smart fucked around with this message at 17:48 on Nov 22, 2017

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Foo Diddley posted:

Double fences bought at Port Olisar one section at a time, loaded into the cargo bay by hand, then taken for an eight minute loading screen warp drive trip to the planet's surface, where you can carry the fence section out of the ship by hand, clip through the ramp, and fly off into nowhere

And this amazing experience will only cost you a couple grand

Is... is this the new Star Citizen dream?

It’s like the sims, except instead of be able to open a menu and do house renovations, you need to go to a store, buy a wall piece or two and furniture, bring it back to your property, then place it down manually using your character. Then do this over and over for everything and every change.

Is this really the dream? :confused:

monkeytek
Jun 8, 2010

It wasn't an ELE that wiped out the backer funds. It was Tristan Timothy Taylor.
I'm at $2.9million. Big rush in the beginning as whales grab up the super exclusives with a rapid fall off once that surge passes.

Incitatus
Dec 16, 2005

The Meat Man was out of wings, Mr. William Ash More!:argh:
I'll go with $420,069 to not win a key to LoD.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Beet Wagon posted:

So far the reaction to it on reddit has been more apprehensive than I thought it would be. Ordinarily I'd say land-buying is going to be one of those barn-burners that blows funding through the roof, but I think by waiting so long to pull it out (and with nothing really to show) CIG might actually be making the paint peel off the walls faster.

Yeah, but there are several that have faith that CIG won't pull Shroud of Avatar type shenanigans. Bwahaha.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

They won't even break a million.

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

Variable 5 posted:

Put me down for $3.14 million

3.14 million and 1

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer

big nipples big life posted:

here's some fun numbers
code:
October 2017: $3,251,843 (estimated at $3,275,000 - actual funding was below estimated target)
October 2016: $5,215,403 (-$1,940,403 vs 2017 estimate / -37.3% difference)
October 2015: $4,248,793 (-$973,793 vs 2017 estimate / -23.3% difference)
October 2014: $3,903,722 (-$628.722 vs 2017 estimate / -16.2% difference)
October 2013: $5,132,756 (-$1,857,756 vs 2017 estimate / -36.2% difference)
October 2012: $2,543,656 (+731,344 vs 2017 estimate / +32.4% difference)
code:
November 2017 Current to 11/22/2016: $1,135,753
November 2016 Total to 11/22/2016: $3,656,780 (sale started on the 19th of 2016)
November 2016 Total pre-sale value: $851,407
code:
November 2017: $5,100,000 (high estimate -- funding estimation by Nehkara puts it around $3,950,000 total for November)
November 2016: $7,776,767 (-$2,676,767 vs 2017 estimate / -34.4% difference)
November 2015: $5,358,817 (-$258,817 vs 2017 estimate / -5.1% difference)
November 2014: $6,101,678 (-$1,001,678.00 vs 2017 estimate / -16.4% difference)
November 2013: $7,871,634 (-$2,771,643 vs 2017 estimate / -35.2% difference)
November 2012: $4,367,877 (+$732,123 vs 2017 estimate / +16.8% difference)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Incitatus
Dec 16, 2005

The Meat Man was out of wings, Mr. William Ash More!:argh:

Eh still more screen time than Sandy has gotten in a movie.