Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Fuuuuuuu

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats

hoiyes posted:

Sheathipede-class Shuttle: •Ezra Bridger (25)
•Phantom II (0)
Elusiveness (2)
Weapons Engineer (3)
•M9-G8 (3)

Auzituck Gunship: Kashyyyk Defender (25)
Wookiee Commandos (1)

Wookiee Commandos (1)

Wookiee Commandos (1)

Total: 100/100

:suicide:

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
December 7th launch for the next 2 waves is confirmed by the Aussie distro

hoiyes
May 17, 2007
Yesssss, I'll be able to pick up my Kila monsta before I go overseas.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
Unboxing of the Phantom 2 and Resistance Bomber. Not great, but you see some of the new stuff.

Bomber primary is a turret. No EPT, but all have crew, bomb, bomb, tech

27pt PS 4 bomber pilot can drop bombs anywhere in the play area as long as it is touching your ship

28pt PS 6 pilot is a Wedge that only works at range one.

Also 3 shields 9 loving hull

Upgrades

Adv optics is Comms Relay for focus 2 pts tech fuuuuuuuck Poe

Deflective Plating 1pt mod: Allows you to ignore friendly bomb damage. Roll die on use if it's a hit discard card

Crossfire formation 2pt mod: When defending if there is at least 1 other friendly Resistance ship at range 1-2 you may add one eyeball to your roll (R Bomber only)

Ordinance Silo 2 pt bomb: Add 3 munition tokens to all equipped bombs

Also trajectory simulator is from front guides.

Nerf Sabine please

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YsWHLAaJZRc

Raged fucked around with this message at 15:03 on Nov 22, 2017

hoiyes
May 17, 2007
I love the bad ambiguous writing on the ps4 bomber pilot ability:... you may place the bomb token anywhere in the play area touching your ship.

Well, my ship is only touching one play area, so... anywhere?

Bomber has 0 stop and 1 hard red.

hoiyes fucked around with this message at 15:08 on Nov 22, 2017

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
I can't believe you can get a 3 shield 9 hull ship for 25 points. You thought 3 lg ships were a scum only thing think again.

Might be wrong about it having a crew slot

Napoleon Nelson
Nov 8, 2012

Raged posted:

I can't believe you can get a 3 shield 9 hull ship for 25 points. You thought 3 lg ships were a scum only thing think again.

I think that's got to be a system slot, otherwise they couldn't equip trajectory simulator.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

Raged posted:

It's system, 2 bombs, and a tech. I'm not entirely sure how to approach these ships.

hoiyes
May 17, 2007
It's garbage, Kylo could solo a list of 4 of these things no problems.

lazerus06
May 19, 2004
The title is weird, "....1 other Resistance ship..."
What is considered a Resistance ship?

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
Basic ship + crossfire + traj sim + silo + Deflective plating +3pt bomb = 34 points x2 68

Basic ship + crossfire + traj sim + bomblet gen + deflective plating = 32

100 points

Don't need eyes to drop or launch bombs

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

lazerus06 posted:

The title is weird, "....1 other Resistance ship..."
What is considered a Resistance ship?

The ones with the color-inverted rebel logos.

canyonero
Aug 3, 2006
So right now it would just be this bomber, T-70s, and YT-1200 pilots from Heroes of the Resistance.

Funzo
Dec 6, 2002

I wonder if it would be worth it to put Trajectory Simulator on a TIE Punisher with bomblet generator.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

hoiyes posted:

It's garbage, Kylo could solo a list of 4 of these things no problems.

So pretty thematically accurate, then.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
In other news, regionals prizes!

Opaque marbled sparkly dice, and a Zuckuss alt art aww yiss

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Just one regionals season too late for Zuckuss for me, folks!

Friction
Aug 15, 2001

Madurai posted:

The ones with the color-inverted rebel logos.

This is actually the most interesting bit here. Start of subfaction splitting?

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013
HI I LIKE TO GIVE ADVICE ON RELATIONSHIPS

Friction posted:

This is actually the most interesting bit here. Start of subfaction splitting?

That's been there since the blue core box. Rebel, imp, resistance, FO and scum.

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!

TheCenturion posted:

That's been there since the blue core box. Rebel, imp, resistance, FO and scum.

Yes, but nothing has specified Rebel, Imperial, Resistance, or First Order before; its usually 'friendly ship'.

It's probably just the devs being bad at wording things......again.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

enigmahfc posted:

Yes, but nothing has specified Rebel, Imperial, Resistance, or First Order before; its usually 'friendly ship'.

It's probably just the devs being bad at wording things......again.

The terms are very well defined. There's a whole segment about the sub-factions in the TFA rulebook. I don't see how it's bad wording at all?

In this case, the effect is limited beyond just friendly ships to friendly ships of a specific sub-faction.

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
I was just meaning they probably meant friendly ship but wrote Resistance and will have to FAQ it to friendly, Really, it was just a joke and how the wording on cards is getting worse and less precise, in my opinion.

lazerus06
May 19, 2004
So if I and my opponent are using Resistance ships, the ability can trigger off each other’s ships. Ok cool…

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!

lazerus06 posted:

So if I and my opponent are using Resistance ships, the ability can trigger off each other’s ships. Ok cool…

It does say friendly Resistance, at least.
I guess if your friends with that person in real life, and your both AntiFa, and....

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Hey what are the length of the range bands? I'm trying to replace the rulers for Diskwars and I wonder if they're the same lenghts.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

2.5 ship bases per range band.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

Bomber is a pretty hard let down but the Poe upgrade might be neat

canyonero
Aug 3, 2006
Official preview is out, but obviously nothing outside of the unboxing: https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2017/11/22/turn-the-tide-of-battle/

Spot the errors! There are two Crimson Leader ships in this image:

hoiyes
May 17, 2007
What's left to spoil? Is it all in the Silencer pack? The new Action EPT will be interesting as you can assign evades, wondering if there's not a broken combo there somewhere with experimental interface. Maybe a named tie swarm with Jukes and Youngster. I think Quickdraw will be very interested in it too as she gets all the mods from other stuff.

There's some other new Tech too.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Why are you guys confused about the wording on Crossfire Formation? They really explicitly tell you how it and the wording works right in the preview: it only applies to friendly ships from the Resistance sub-fac.

And goddamn, the TIE Silencer is loving huge.

AndyElusive fucked around with this message at 22:34 on Nov 22, 2017

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
There's still unspoiled stuff from Kimoglia fighter (Scrambler Missiles? and R5-TK salvaged astro)
And TIE Silencer has 2 copies of an unspoiled EPT (Debris ????), a tech slot card (Th??? Tra???), and a unique PS7 pilot (Test Pilot????)

hoiyes
May 17, 2007

canyoneer posted:

There's still unspoiled stuff from Kimoglia fighter (Scrambler Missiles? and R5-TK salvaged astro)
And TIE Silencer has 2 copies of an unspoiled EPT (Debris ????), a tech slot card (Th??? Tra???), and a unique PS7 pilot (Test Pilot????)

Scrambler missiles are going to be like ion pulse missiles but with jamming tokens, that much is pretty clear. Maybe with splash damage to continue hating on swarms.

The Kimoglia dial is probably the most interesting thing left to spoil, personally. 3 hards :pray:

canyonero
Aug 3, 2006
It has white 3 hards. https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=7reHSuAmibc

hoiyes
May 17, 2007

That's a bloody great dial combined with unhinged. New droid is trash I have no idea what use it could serve that isn't total jank. The best I can think of is sending deadman switch zs into an enemy formation and hitting them with a harpoon??

Bear Is Driving
Mar 30, 2003

No you hit the Z with a Harpoon first, assign it the condition, then blow it up with Assault Missiles. (lol jank)

Cinnamon Bear
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
How is the Upsilon Shuttle?

I'm trying to work out purchasing enough new trilogy ships to have a 100pt list for each side. Resistance is easy between TFA Core + Heroes of the Resistance, but I'm having more difficulty coming up with something out of the First Order stuff thats been released. Really curious about the TIE Silencer, since otherwise I'm thinking the answer is either Upsilon+TIE/fo or TIE/sf or just lots more TIE/fos.

uncle blog
Nov 18, 2012

Jankness 2000 (100):

•N'Dru Suhlak (22) - Z-95 Headhunter
Veteran Instincts (1), Dead Man's Switch (2), Vectored Thrusters (2)

•Zuckuss (39) - G-1A Starfighter
Expertise (4), Advanced Sensors (3), •Dengar (3), •Mist Hunter (0), Tractor Beam (1)

•Torani Kulda (39) - M12-L Kimogila Fighter
Push The Limit (3), Harpoon Missiles (4), •"Genius" (0), •Enforcer (1), Engine Upgrade (4)

Genius = friendly fire bot

Start the game by harpooning N’Dru. Fly him directly at the enemies, keeping the other 2 ships hanging back. The enemy then risks taking 2 damage per ship at range or a 4 dice attack from N’Dru. Sounds fun at the very least.

hoiyes
May 17, 2007
Can you stack Harpooned conditions?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

uncle blog
Nov 18, 2012

It’s not a unique condition, so... I guess you can?

• Locked thread