Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
I pity those people who haven't experienced the sheer joy of a proper Burns Night Supper of Haggis, neeps and tatties.

I've watched enough Guy Fieri to know that this 'soul food' American's harp on about is basically garbage of questionable origin served on a plastic tray in an establishment one societal rung above a loving soup kitchen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
just had some Mac N Cheese for breakfast

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

If I were human, I believe my response would be: 'go to hell'.
*extrudes rancid blood and sawdust into tube to be eaten at daybreak* tally-ho American dogs!

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
America's collective contribution to cuisine: the Crock Pot, Salisbury Steak, Cherry Cola and Guy Fieri.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

yeah I eat rear end posted:

It's actually not. It's almost always bland with canned vegetables and no spice or interesting flavors to speak of unless you get some fine dining version of it. Real soul food comes from the south, particularly the "cajun" region.

Also I think beef wellington shouldn't be credited to England. Gordon Ramsay perfected it and he's not English, and it's more like french cuisine that happened to be perfected by a scottish chef.

big trivia FAIL posted:

ah yes the thing that looks like the worst casserole served as any Thanksgiving side dish lol

I realise you Americans may be skeptical of it because it has more than three steps to making it and step one isn't "bring a giant vat of processed yellow cheese to a boil" but maybe if you didn't burn off your taste buds eating 40 big macs a week you would come to enjoy the refined tastes of the Shepard's pie.

Blast of Confetti
Apr 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
lol why does making fun of your poo poo food always trigger you guys what are you so defensive for

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

Theophany posted:

I pity those people who haven't experienced the sheer joy of a proper Burns Night Supper of Haggis, neeps and tatties.

I've watched enough Guy Fieri to know that this 'soul food' American's harp on about is basically garbage of questionable origin served on a plastic tray in an establishment one societal rung above a loving soup kitchen.

Spoken like someone who has never had actual american soul food. Especially telling is that you think guy fieri knows anything about food.

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

Theophany posted:

Guy Fieri is not exactly the upper echelon of American cooking.

Also diner food is not inherently low-quality.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

1500quidporsche posted:

I realise you Americans may be skeptical of it because it has more than three steps to making it and step one isn't "bring a giant vat of processed yellow cheese to a boil" but maybe if you didn't burn off your taste buds eating 40 big macs a week you would come to enjoy the refined tastes of the Shepard's pie.

I've had it many times, including in glorious england, and it's always very obviously microwaved and bland as gently caress.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
guy fieri spits out the anything with tomatoes in it that he eats on camera because he has a baby palate

he sucks

Blast of Confetti
Apr 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

kumba posted:

guy fieri spits out the anything with tomatoes in it that he eats on camera because he has a baby palate

he sucks

guy fieri got his show by doing a food network stars contest to win a show and he actually lost because he's a poo poo cook but the guy who won had a poo poo personality so guy got the show lol

Manic Technophile
Nov 13, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

big trivia FAIL posted:

ah yes the thing that looks like the worst casserole served as any Thanksgiving side dish lol

nah shepherd's pie is good like :a2m:

A Tad Ghostal
Dec 2, 2014

I've had it many times, including in glorious england, and it's always very obviously microwaved and bland as gently caress.

sorry you only go to poo poo pubs and other awful restaurants

you should consider spending more money so you aren't served food "american style"

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
roll supremacy

Blast of Confetti
Apr 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
see what i mean about the defensiveness tho? its weird

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

Manic Technophile posted:

nah shepherd's pie is good like :a2m:

It's good when made right but it almost never is, and even when good it's basically stew with mashed potatoes on top of it. It's hardly the height of cuisine.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

A Tad Ghostal posted:

sorry you only go to poo poo pubs and other awful restaurants

you should consider spending more money so you aren't served food "american style"

you could say the same thing about people who judge american food based on golden corral and applebees.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

A Tad Ghostal posted:

what in the gently caress

who eats specific food on the new years other than excessive amounts of alcohol

you need to eat sauerkraut and kielbasa or you won't have an auspicious new year
still need to drink tho

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

I kind of like shepherd's pie. Pasties are better in every conceivable way, though.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"
The best thanksgiving side i had was some homemade sausage that had venison and some other stuff in it and it was amazing. Then my folks told me they weren't making it again because it was a massive pain in the rear end, but that's cool.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

Solice Kirsk posted:

Remember, you've brought this on yourself.

this isn't the cursed thread what the gently caress

Dr. Gojo Shioji
Apr 22, 2004

big trivia FAIL posted:

why are british people on the internet dumber than jeremy clarkson pretends to be

OP is Canadian, FYI. Still a good question, though.

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
It's a bit sad that Americans can't appreciate the humble human being without sniggering like schoolchildren or going straight to the homophobia.

Also, what is this jizz-like American gravy that is basically flour and oil?

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

Theophany posted:

It's a bit sad that Americans can't appreciate the humble human being

I will never appeciate you.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
Italian rarebit

Crazyeyes
Nov 5, 2009

Theophany posted:

It's a bit sad that Americans can't appreciate the humble human being without sniggering like schoolchildren or going straight to the homophobia.

Also, what is this jizz-like American gravy that is basically flour and oil?

Gravy goes on pasta :italy:

Blast of Confetti
Apr 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
there's nothing humble about the faggots itt

LinYutang
Oct 12, 2016

NEOLIBERAL SHITPOSTER

:siren:
VOTE BLUE NO MATTER WHO!!!
:siren:

Solice Kirsk posted:

The garbage that white people eat never ceases to amaze

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

Thanksgiving is the day Americans celebrate no longer having to live on that lovely island with a bunch of snaggle-toothed inbred tea-drinkers.

The britons in this thread are just helpfully reminding us of why that's so wonderful.

5er
Jun 1, 2000

1500quidporsche posted:

I realise you Americans

MODS?

Ape Has Killed Ape
Sep 15, 2005

I realise that you think you're having a good laugh but the fact that you've never had a proper mac & cheese is actually really sad, op.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Solice Kirsk posted:

who do you want me to 6hr

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

I was going to post that but I was scared someone would make fun of me for posting something from reddit

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

I was going to post that but I was scared someone would make fun of me for posting something from reddit

Why are there cheerios

Manic Mailman
Jul 2, 2004
Is the west coast so poor that they SALAD is their main side dish? last time I checked every single thanksgiving table has loving salad as a side. Now can we talk about most common salad dressing by region?

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

Then one day I meet a man,
He came to me and said,
"Hard work good and hard work fine,
but first take care of head"
Grimey Drawer

Blue Train posted:

Mac and cheese is best with chorizo and guajillo chilis in it fyi

No it's pulled pork and hatch chilis.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Lots of fatties don't have any salad at all and the only thing green will be the green bean casserole, and no one eats it

big trivia FAIL
May 9, 2003

"Jorge wants to be hardcore,
but his mom won't let him"

Manic Mailman posted:

Is the west coast so poor that they SALAD is their main side dish? last time I checked every single thanksgiving table has loving salad as a side. Now can we talk about most common salad dressing by region?

its all ranch up and down but i like caesar (sometimes a comeback if im feeling randy)

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Manic Mailman posted:

Salad dressing? Clearly you are not familiar with California cuisine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

Crazyeyes posted:

*extrudes rancid blood and sawdust into tube to be eaten at daybreak* tally-ho American dogs!

I kinda like black pudding

• Locked thread