Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
willroc7
Jul 24, 2006

BADGES? WE DON'T NEED NO STINKIN' BADGES!
Now I see why we were winning, I was being carried. Lit scene transitions bro.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slayer1597
Nov 6, 2008

TREMENDOUS CHILD
ASK ME ABOUT MY ANIMES
This game is garbage, Bad poo poo Goons Need only Apply!
Steam: SirMeatPipe http://steamcommunity.com/id/SexualPostMaster/

Slayer1597 fucked around with this message at 18:16 on Nov 22, 2017

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry

willroc7 posted:

The difference in skill level between NA and world is stark.

You realise that it's not NA players being particularly good but that someone a quarter to halfway decent from OC or EU or wherever playing their first game on NA (or any other) servers would tear rear end just as easily due to being placed in the poo poo tier match making bracket, right?

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

queeb posted:

new red zone sound made me poo poo my pants, not sure if that was added this update or not

Yeah, that freaked me out too. I thought someone chucked a grenade at me.

Thom P. Tiers posted:

Also give me an mp5.

The UMP-9 is already in the game. I don't think it would be a very different gun, seeing how the UMP was intended to replace the MP5

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Appoda posted:

Let me introduce you to a little-known firearm called the American-180. :911:

Originally designed in the 1960s as a potential riot control weapon, the American-180 is distinguished by its pan magazine (like the DP-27) that holds 180 .22LR bullets.

It actually holds 177 .22lr bullets :ssh:

One cop ended up using the American-180 in a car chase against armed fugitives that were shooting at them, he peppered the gently caress out of the car and killed the guy. It was apparently viable against body armor not through penetration but completely exceeding the vest's capabilities.

CloFan
Nov 6, 2004

My buddy has 4 hours in this game. His first crossbow kill: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IfYoK9V8XKU

CheddarGoblin
Jan 12, 2005
oh
Anyone else unable to run their native resolution on the latest test build? It was fine last test, but now the game will not let me set it to 2560x1440 (still works fine on the main servers). The option is there but won't actually do anything when I select it. WTF?

CheddarGoblin fucked around with this message at 21:46 on Nov 22, 2017

Soarer
Jan 14, 2012

I JUST CAN'T STOP TALKING ABOUT OTHER PEOPLE'S PONY AVATARS

~SMcD

ded posted:

The position to use is 'push to talk'.

I am using PTT for discord and during recording to activate the mic. :cripes:

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

Hippie Hedgehog posted:

Edit: Oh yeah, killcam crashes the client every time. Also, quittting the game from title menu does, sometimes?

It could be a coincidence, but I turned off the auto nvidia highlights and it stopped crashing kill cams (I think the highlights menu comes up when you transition from the kill screen, not just arriving back in the lobby)

willroc7
Jul 24, 2006

BADGES? WE DON'T NEED NO STINKIN' BADGES!

Bohemian Nights posted:

You realise that it's not NA players being particularly good but that someone a quarter to halfway decent from OC or EU or wherever playing their first game on NA (or any other) servers would tear rear end just as easily due to being placed in the poo poo tier match making bracket, right?

Nah, asian players suck so they have to cheat.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

Soarer posted:

I am using PTT for discord and during recording to activate the mic. :cripes:

There are settings for whatever you are using to record that you can change. It’s not Discord recording.

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
Whoops.

Not sure about the new overhead icons. Most of it is good.

Carecat fucked around with this message at 20:47 on Nov 22, 2017

Hippie Hedgehog
Feb 19, 2007

Ever cuddled a hedgehog?
^^^^ Wrong thread?

Tweak posted:

It could be a coincidence, but I turned off the auto nvidia highlights and it stopped crashing kill cams (I think the highlights menu comes up when you transition from the kill screen, not just arriving back in the lobby)

Yeah that could be it, I've just enabled that feature to be able to report bugs etc better.

Hippie Hedgehog fucked around with this message at 20:37 on Nov 22, 2017

Soarer
Jan 14, 2012

I JUST CAN'T STOP TALKING ABOUT OTHER PEOPLE'S PONY AVATARS

~SMcD

VulgarandStupid posted:

There are settings for whatever you are using to record that you can change. It’s not Discord recording.

No I know that. I have to fiddle with plays.tv more, although I'm not sure how extensive their mic setting are. Or maybe just nix the headset mic and finally use my Yeti.

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
Any way to get antialiasing that isn't blurry as hell? Whatever they chose is a terrible idea for a long distance PVP game.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

Carecat posted:

Any way to get antialiasing that isn't blurry as hell? Whatever they chose is a terrible idea for a long distance PVP game.

Ultra AA, then one of the sharpens in Reshade.

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

Only thing I really want them to change now is some sort of visibility modification on the blue so it’s way more difficult for people on the outside to see in

mrking
May 27, 2006

There's No Limit To What We Can't Accomplish

n.. posted:

Anyone else unable to run their native resolution on the latest test build? It was fine last test, but now the game will not let me set it to 2560x1440 (still works fine on the main servers). The option is there but won't actually do anything when I select it. WTF?

somebody I played with said that their resolution got knocked down to 720p, but that he was able to adjust it by editing the .ini file. Make sure to edit the one for the test server and not the regular game.

WirelessPillow
Jan 12, 2012

Look Ma, no wires!

Rex-Goliath posted:

Only thing I really want them to change now is some sort of visibility modification on the blue so it’s way more difficult for people on the outside to see in

All that would serve to do is force people in the final circle to trade shots instead of doing maneuvers.

Hippie Hedgehog
Feb 19, 2007

Ever cuddled a hedgehog?

Rex-Goliath posted:

Not sure about that, but I do love the new "whump" sound as the wall sweeps past you.

Discospawn
Mar 3, 2007

Man, new Test Server patch is DRAMATIC (https://www.playbattlegrounds.com/news/105.pu). I think it goes a long way towards bridging the gap from Early-Access to Initial Release (at least in terms of 'changes since beginning of Early-Access').

I feel like there are a million un-announced changes. One of the most obvious ones is that the ocean gets DEEP now. If you swim underwater while mindlessly holding crouch, you will sink into the abyss and not be able to get back to the top before you drown. Also, I think a lot of the sounds were changed (everything from player movement being made louder, to gunshots being softer/different). Killcam feature worked perfectly for me, and it even shows the position of all nearby players on the mini-map like you were in Spectator mode.

It almost seems like PlayerUnknown was trolling us by going so long without much in the way of meaningful content updates and then rolling this out without much fanfare.

fletcher
Jun 27, 2003

ken park is my favorite movie

Cybernetic Crumb

Discospawn posted:

It almost seems like PlayerUnknown was trolling us by going so long without much in the way of meaningful content updates and then rolling this out without much fanfare.

I think the more likely explanation is that they had to spend time merging in the big Unity UE4 engine update ~2 months ago or whatever it was, and the rest of this stuff was put on hold until that was completed.

fletcher fucked around with this message at 23:25 on Nov 22, 2017

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

What does Unity have to do with it? The game is on UE4.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
M16 can't use 8x/15x is a big change.
edit:
Decreased firing rate of SKS and Mini-14
Kar98k will no longer be included in care packages. World spawn rate of Kar98k will remain the same

rip good Mini-14s.

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

this is a better avatar than what I had before

willroc7 posted:

Goon world tour of the servers last night as wildly successful with 3 dinners a row. Shout out to whoever's idea that was. The difference in skill level between NA and world is stark. My KDR is literally 10x higher on asia.

It's because ya MMR on the asian servers is in the toilet dog, you're playing against the absolute worst

fletcher
Jun 27, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

22 Eargesplitten posted:

What does Unity have to do with it? The game is on UE4.

Sorry, I meant UE4

fletcher
Jun 27, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

abigserve posted:

It's because ya MMR on the asian servers is in the toilet dog, you're playing against the absolute worst

I think there are a lot of delusional people in this thread that still think there is no MMR

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003

abigserve posted:

fletcher posted:

I think there are a lot of delusional people in this thread that still think there is no MMR

Yes, but you can't deny the fact that the majority of the AFK bot or multi-box BP farmers are in Asia, either.

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

Party Plane Jones posted:

M16 can't use 8x/15x is a big change.
edit:
Decreased firing rate of SKS and Mini-14
Kar98k will no longer be included in care packages. World spawn rate of Kar98k will remain the same

rip good Mini-14s.

Depends on what the new rate of fire is on the Mini. The big thing with the Mini was the muzzle velocity. And the low recoil. And the laser accuracy. A quick google says the current RoF on the Mini is 10RPS. I doubt many people are doing 10 clicks in a second. Even 6 is near the top of what I could manage, and there's no way you're keeping that on target above 150m.

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX

fletcher posted:

I think the more likely explanation is that they had to spend time merging in the big Unity UE4 engine update ~2 months ago or whatever it was, and the rest of this stuff was put on hold until that was completed.

they are just developing on a new engine version period, so none of the improvements could be patched to live. "the rest of this stuff" is what they've been working on the entire time.

it would make no sense to split your dev team and have half of them support the live version which would be dead in a few months. they've repeatedly said this but immensely entitled babies are still gonna complain about the lack of updates.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Missing Name posted:

Guys, I'm clearly dumber than most. Second to last circle south of Georgopl. There's only a few houses in the circle and I sneak up on a dude and kill him inside of it. He thought he was being real stealthy but nope. What's hosed up about it the most is that he managed to wing me. So here I am, in this house that is absolutely untouched. I'm looting the guy I just killed for some medkits.

Another dude comes from the second floor and kills me with a loving frying pan while I'm looking through bastard #1's inventory. Finish 16 out of 99.

:hellyeah::laugh:

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
The new UI is horrendous. I'd love just to be able to choose which corner to put my teammate's health icons on my own.

Do The Evolution
Aug 5, 2013

but why
Yeah the new UI is a serious step down
- Map is desaturated and less clear
- HP bar no longer turns red when it's bandageable, it now has a little danger bar texture that sucks and is hardly visible
- New fonts look like poo poo imo, like they're trying to be "cyber" in 2005

The one thing they did do extremely right is the bearing readout

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari

fletcher posted:

I'm confident that unless something was recently patched in, there MMR is not used in solo.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

I haven't played in a while. Does rain cause everyone's fps to tank horribly or was the game bugging out for me?

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Do The Evolution posted:

The one thing they did do extremely right is the bearing readout

is it bigger? I play on a TV and reading bearings is the only thing I have trouble with

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

hawowanlawow posted:

is it bigger? I play on a TV and reading bearings is the only thing I have trouble with

The bar with the numbers stay the same, but now there is a larger yellow number that displays what heading you are facing.

CloFan
Nov 6, 2004

dumb sound glitch: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SxYjt43YFwE

always be closing
Jul 16, 2005
Just played a bunch of games on the test server, the only thing that really bothered me was the awful bombing sounds. The ui and map stuff is minor and they'll work it out.

Gunplay felt awesome, very risky exposing yourself. Looting was better than ever, movement wasn't horrific, was a nice preview of what's to come. Game still rules.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
Yeah vaulting is pretty fun. You still don't feel like a human climbing over stuff in that, if you jump early, you can't possibly grab and scramble over something and instead just stop moving and fall straight down. It's also bizarre that you can't climb up irregular surfaces at all, rectangles only, but it's a good start certainly.

• Locked thread