Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Prester Jane
Nov 4, 2008

by Hand Knit
Why is this conversation ignoring that Styx represented a threat to any transperson that made the mistake of trusting them? Trans or not Styx is a dysfunctional predator and would have been a threat in any trans community that had them as a member. Outing Styx is a public good in this case.

Tias posted:

See my post about prefigurative tactics above. The end of a struggle will always be characterized by the means used during said struggle - so, accepting outing others to be harassed for it will remain after the nazis are gone, and that's not a net gain for society.

This sounds nice but this doesn't actually happen in practice. The end of a struggle will always be characterized by the narrative of those whom invest the most energy in spreading their particular version of events. Actual events don't have very much bearing on how a given struggle comes to be characterized. Styx was an active threat to any trans community or transperson who made the mistake of trusting them. That threat has now been eliminated and the community is safer for it.

Styx values the attention and friendship of people who center their existence around finding an excuse to engage in violence over the attention and friendship of people who desire to live as a community. That is a character trait that overides any concerns about the gender identity or sexual orientation of Styx. Styx is a Nazi who happens to be trans. They got doxxed by the Nazi's because they are stupid but that does not invalidate doxxing anyone in Styx's position.

Doxx every Nazi no matter the details of their lives happen to be. That is the entire purpose of doxxing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

sneakyfrog posted:

so your suggestion is basically all rules are off for nazis then.

Yeppers.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
i spose i dont know the context, so you folks may be correct, i just meant i dont want to just use someones sexuality as a weapon, thats all kindsa hosed up.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Uranium 235 posted:

i could be mistaken but i don't think anyone here outed styx as trans, i think they reposted the outing from some other source

My friend who is alt-right adjacent sent that picture to me, so it's already being passed around by all the usual suspects. Pretending that nothing's happening when the cat's already out of the bag doesn't do anyone any favors.

For what it's worth, Styxhexxenhammer666 is pro-sexual liberty, and does not target queers for harassment or violence. In this particular case I think it's fair to say that outing him was the wrong thing to do, and also the assumption that he's necessarily a predator also doesn't pan out because afaik he's not disrespectful of his sexual partners.

Yet the main purview of this thread is the weird hypocritical proclivities and violent political agenda of the alt-right. When they start singling out one of their own for being a "deeviant," it's something that everybody reading this thread should be aware of. This is what they are.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

sneakyfrog posted:

i spose i dont know the context, so you folks may be correct, i just meant i dont want to just use someones sexuality as a weapon, thats all kindsa hosed up.

The alt-right actively targets people for violence based on their non-normative sexualities, so getting bent out of shape over whether or not it's ok to subject them to the same potential threat because they themselves are queer and benefiting from a politics of violence against their fellow queers, feels like a self-serving moralism. The safety of the community is always more important than some individual fascist's right to continue living free of danger.

Prester Jane
Nov 4, 2008

by Hand Knit

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

My friend who is alt-right adjacent sent that picture to me, so it's already being passed around by all the usual suspects. Pretending that nothing's happening when the cat's already out of the bag doesn't do anyone any favors.

For what it's worth, Styxhexxenhammer666 is pro-sexual liberty, and does not target queers for harassment or violence. In this particular case I think it's fair to say that outing him was the wrong thing to do, and also the assumption that he's necessarily a predator also doesn't pan out because afaik he's not disrespectful of his sexual partners.

Let me clarify what I meant by calling him a predator. I am concerned about Styx passing along information he was privvy to as a result of being trusted by other transpersons to those whom would use the information to harass others. It wouldn't have been hard for Styx to pass along the information of a transperson he had a grudge with for unrelated reasons to persons in the Alt-Reich who would use that information.

Now I am emphatically not encouraging harassment based on gender or sexual identity. I am pro doxxing all Nazi's. The fact that one of them happened to be trans is tertiary to them being a Nazi in my view.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Tias posted:

What's with the title change? The video it links to is offline.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ak-c-bgq0f0

?

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Prester Jane posted:

Let me clarify what I meant by calling him a predator. I am concerned about Styx passing along information he was privvy to as a result of being trusted by other transpersons to those whom would use the information to harass others. It wouldn't have been hard for Styx to pass along the information of a transperson he had a grudge with for unrelated reasons to persons in the Alt-Reich who would use that information.

I get that this is a possibility, but it's also a speculative assumption.

Prester Jane
Nov 4, 2008

by Hand Knit

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

I get that this is a possibility, but it's also a speculative assumption.

Healthy people don't associate with Nazi's. And this person is a loving predator:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1g0vHuD8fDE

Prester Jane has issued a correction as of 18:59 on Nov 22, 2017

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

/pol/ pelase red pill me on charlie manson

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
why are they in favor of charles manson now

Tias
May 25, 2008

Pictured: the patron saint of internet political arguments (probably)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund

Prester Jane posted:

Doxx every Nazi no matter the details of their lives happen to be. That is the entire purpose of doxxing.

This is really, really wrong on several levels.

I have worked with antifascist documenting groups for a long while, groups that specifically focus on doxxing fascists - and I can tell you that the method for doxing nazis is that you let their employers, family, friends and the public at large know that they are nazis, so that they suffer the consequences of having fascist views.

You don't out their sexuality or assigned birth gender, doing so would affirm that said factors should be out there and have consequences for them because of their sexuality or identity, not because they are nazis - which is all kinds of hosed up and I'm surprised you would even consider supporting it.

"This video is not available"

Tias has issued a correction as of 19:05 on Nov 22, 2017

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

paranoid randroid posted:

to trigger the libs

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

didnt he want to start a race war to eliminate the white race lol

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

manson wanted a race war and the tate labianca murders were explicitly about sparking one

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

quote:

Manson had been predicting racial war for some time before he used the term Helter Skelter.[3][4] His first use of the term was at a gathering of the Family on New Year's Eve 1968. This took place at the Family's base at Myers Ranch, near California's Death Valley.[4][5]

In its final form, which was reached by mid-February 1969,[6] the scenario had Manson as not only the war's ultimate beneficiary but its musical cause. He and the Family would create an album with songs whose messages concerning the war would be as subtle as those he had heard in songs of the Beatles.[3][7] More than merely foretell the conflict, this would trigger it; for, in instructing "the young love",[8] America's white youth, to join the Family, it would draw the young, white female hippies out of San Francisco's Haight-Ashbury.[6][9][10]

Black men, thus deprived of the white women whom the political changes of the 1960s had made sexually available to them, would be without an outlet for their frustrations and would lash out in violent crimes against whites.[10][11] A resultant murderous rampage against blacks by frightened whites would then be exploited by militant blacks to provoke an internecine war of near-extermination between racist and non-racist whites over blacks' treatment. Then the militant blacks would arise to sneakily finish off the few whites they would know to have survived; indeed, they would kill off all non-blacks.[12][13][14]

In this holocaust, the members of the enlarged Family would have little to fear; they would wait out the war in a secret city that was underneath Death Valley that they would reach through a hole in the ground. As the only actual remaining whites upon the race war's true conclusion, they would emerge from underground to rule the now-satisfied blacks, who, as the vision went, would be incapable of running the world. At that point, Manson "would scratch [the black man's] fuzzy head and kick him in the butt and tell him to go pick the cotton and go be a good friend of the family".[13][15]

ah, well, hm

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

i think this manson guy might not have been very sane

Prester Jane
Nov 4, 2008

by Hand Knit

Tias posted:

This is really, really wrong on several levels.

I have worked with antifascist documenting groups for a long while, groups that specifically focus on doxxing fascists - and I can tell you that the method for doxing nazis is that you let their employers, family, friends and the public at large know that they are nazis. You don't out their sexuality or assigned birth gender, doing so would affirm that said factors should be out there and have consequences for them because of their sexuality or identity - which is all kinds of hosed up and I'm surprised you would even consider it.

We are talking about an individual who fantasizes about being a manipulator like Charles Manson (and openly associates with Nazi's) being in a position(s) of trust in vulnerable communities. Styx represents an active and real threat to any LGBT person/group who makes the mistake of trusting them. There are occasions wherein draconian measures are sometimes warranted and I would argue this is one of them.

Prester Jane has issued a correction as of 19:10 on Nov 22, 2017

Tias
May 25, 2008

Pictured: the patron saint of internet political arguments (probably)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund

Prester Jane posted:

We are talking about an individual who fantasizes about being a manipulator like Charles Manson (and openly associates with Nazi's) being in a position(s) of trust in vulnerable communities. Styx represents an active and real threat to any LGBT person/group who makes the mistake of trusting them. There are occasions wherein draconian measures are sometimes warranted and I would argue this is one of them.

Sure, just don't claim it's a normal and acceptable part of fascist documentation.

Prester Jane
Nov 4, 2008

by Hand Knit

Tias posted:

Sure, just don't claim it's a normal and acceptable part of fascist documentation.

Fair enough, you raise a reasonable argument and I concede that point.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Gringostar posted:

manson wanted a race war and the tate labianca murders were explicitly about sparking one

ofc its something insane and dumb as hell

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

i think this manson guy might not have been very sane

I like how the question of "why wouldn't the blacks just murder your white devil rear end the second you showed your face?" never occurs to him. The blacks will just be so vaguely "satisfied" they won't even mind that some cave dwelling hippy is trying to be the new boss.

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

I like how the question of "why wouldn't the blacks just murder your white devil rear end the second you showed your face?" never occurs to him. The blacks will just be so vaguely "satisfied" they won't even mind that some cave dwelling hippy is trying to be the new boss.

it did but they would go to their underground city beneath death valley to wait until black people reached their predetermined kill limit on white people which would let them emerge to rule the earth

im not making any of that up

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Gringostar posted:

it did but they would go to their underground city beneath death valley to wait until black people reached their predetermined kill limit on white people which would let them emerge to rule the earth

im not making any of that up

I directly addressed that, lol.

It's not hard to see why the alt-right likes Charlie Manson because they indulge in similarly delusional genocide fantasies. There's a lot of talk about how insane Atomwaffen is, but go read the synopsis of The Turner Diaries and try not to laugh at the part where some Nazi chud suicide-atom-bombs the Pentagon, and starts a nuclear war between the US, USSR, and China - from which the white ethnostate somehow emerges victorious to genocide all non-whites left on the planet.

Pener Kropoopkin has issued a correction as of 19:26 on Nov 22, 2017

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

I directly addressed that, lol.

It's not hard to see why the alt-right likes Charlie Manson because they indulge in similarly delusional genocide fantasies. There's a lot of talk about how insane Atomwaffen is, but go read the synopsis of The Turner Diaries and try not to laugh at the part where some Nazi chud suicide-atom-bombs the Pentagon, and starts a nuclear war between the US, USSR, and China - from which the white ethnostate somehow emerges victorious to genocide all non-whites left on the planet.

it's almost like nationalism in general is loving insane :thunk:

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Manson was the galaxy brain of alt-right mentality. He accepted the inevitability of minorities committing white genocide and bet on them being so incompetent at creating society that they'll basically make him a god-emporer.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
i could totally see ol Chuck drinking onion juice and refusing to wipe his rear end

Kilmers Elbow
Jun 15, 2012

Jose posted:

getting some wider press that jack follows cernovich

https://twitter.com/Glinner/status/933347285043482625

thought Glinner had flounced from Twitter?

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
It's funny how many people don't know what the Manson Family was all about

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Gun control asap. Until then, more of this please.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Jose posted:

getting some wider press that jack follows cernovich

https://twitter.com/Glinner/status/933347285043482625

Mother of gently caress.

I'm ... In retrospect, I'm not sure how we have only had a baker's dozen of deadly alt-right terrorist attacks in 2017. We collectively seem to be doing whatever we can to legitimize and normalize nationalism and genocide. Somehow it hasn't stuck yet.

There's three years to go, however. Sadly, there is plenty of time for christian conservative talking points to condition and prepare half the US for accepting, promoting, and participating in genocide.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
in news of the obvious

https://twitter.com/kenklippenstein/status/933420821263126528

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

Potato Salad posted:

Gun control asap. Until then, more of this please.

range time is gun control

:getin:

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe

haha its not even the old dude himself defending him in this article, its his crazy nazi son

"why my father could never be a nazi, its all just a jewish bolshevik conspiracy! just look how tolerant and not-nazi his own son is"

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

https://twitter.com/Cernovich/status/933409609963806721

starting to think that someone in the congressional gop who knows about the congressional hush money fund is feeding info to cernovich

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

SpaceGoku posted:

starting to think that someone in the congressional gop who knows about the congressional hush money fund is feeding info to cernovich

need a litht of thusthpects

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

SpaceGoku posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XKdJ6DnPhzk

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

SpaceGoku posted:

Probably Bannon's people feeding him dirt.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

SpaceGoku posted:

Cernovich could be their useful idiot to get in front of sexual misconduct allegations. I mean, he's not credible. At all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Cernovich could be their useful idiot to get in front of sexual misconduct allegations. I mean, he's not credible. At all.

he appeared to have the real deal on the conyers stuff so I'm thinking this might be part of some cynical strategy to try and rob democrats of moral authority in the alabama election and to undermine a blue wave in 2018

if he keeps making accusations someone is going to get suspicious though which might not work out well for whoever is feeding him info, the GOP covered up mark foley for a reason