Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you a mutie?
Yes
No
View Results

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
Yo did they release anything for Thor Ragnarok? I would like to play as a rock being or a guy with knives for hands.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

They added Valkyrie, Heimdel, and Skurge and gave Thor, Loki, Hela, and Hulk new costumes.

1.21 GIGATWATS
Dec 15, 2005

I GOT ELEVEN OF THESE!

fart simpson posted:

Another example of this was when my Jean was level 59 I literally could not clear Ebony Maw WBU at all and as soon as she hit level 60 I cleared him in 24 seconds.

This also applies to Shadowlands levels 26-30. My level 55 Dormammu does paltry damage against the Agent Venom stage when it gets rolled.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I just experienced it with Quicksilver too, where i was using him from 55 and up and was really underwhelmed and trying to figure out if I was missing something. Then once I got him to 60 and his stuff worked up it clicked and I can just go "5... 5... 5... 5..." now and beat most other Quicksilvers in Timeline and all blasters besides the top Phoenixs.

KaosMachina
Oct 9, 2012

There's nothing special about me.
Welp, now I have to decide if I want to grind those Rank 6 Black Anti-Matters for QS, or if I want to grind them for X-Men. UGH.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

puck and sasquatch are members of space alpha flight right now, i think, so they could in theory be playable characters

slumdoge millionare
Feb 17, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer

KaosMachina posted:

Welp, now I have to decide if I want to grind those Rank 6 Black Anti-Matters for QS, or if I want to grind them for X-Men. UGH.

Good news! Xmen don't take BAM, they use the mkraan stuff

Benthalus
Jul 5, 2002

Question about Card Collection: once I get a card to 6* Mythic, do I need to keep it in my inventory for it to count towards the bonus in the Card Collection set, or can I use it to combine with another card and still retain the bonus?

Also had a decision to make on crystal usage as I just got to 6600 today. Magneto now and still get about half the deluxe rewards from the X-Men Epics, or some half-off useful uniforms?

I made the smart choice and went with the uniforms. Especially since right now my only T2 is Sharog and my only uniforms are hers and Danny Rand.

Now Loki, Thor, Hulk, and Hobo Spiderboy are ready for action now (and half my 6* now have upgraded uniforms). Dr. Strange has his, and Thanos Infinity is waiting for when I actually recruit him.

Anyone not in Doctor Goons have open friend slots? Same username in game.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

So there is a Black Friday sale. And there are billions of things I could buy. What is worth getting?

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Comic collections: you only need to mythic a given card once, then it'll be in there permanently even if you feed the card to something else. It won't vanish from the collection. Do note that if you complete a collection you have to go on and press the claim button to actually unlock the bonus.

This sale is a little meh unless you're sitting on a pile of crystals already imo. Let's see...

The straight up crystal sale is okay -- when they say '1+2' sale that basically means you get 3x the crystals (though for VIP purposes it only counts as 1.) I'm thinking about dropping 30 and getting the 1650 pack which ends up being just over 5000 with the bonus on top included. That's only because it pushed me over the 8k total for the big BF pack though and also because I am a sucker.

For a new player the first of the Black Friday relays is decent, but it's a $5 slot machine pull so you might just get a bunch of poop characters. The $10 one is a much worse value bio-wise.

Other than that, just get unis. I think Magneto is a better choice if you have the 6k -- he gets you closer to Jean, you get a bunch of crystals refunded as you go through the mission, and long term the 20 bios a day from his mission helps a ton with the T2 grind. The crystal deal isn't better than Stark though so if you have patience just get 2 months of that and get Mags later.

End of day the thing to have done is Starked three times over the last three months and not fallen for the Ragnarok uni trap.

E: oh the limited time 600 crystals for 6 5* cards is decent too. That's only one mythical if you combine them all but it's a huge jump start for a new player. If you don't get crapped on by the RNG.

E2: eh I might just stark again and hope there's a better sale on Christmas. 30 bucks for 5250 crystals is 175 crystals per dollar while stark is 615 crystals per dollar. Even if I get the mega tickets from the BF that's a silly way to spend money especially because I just want the mega ranks for when I next get the bio sub... spending 30 now so I can spend 10 later seems dumb. Apologies for wasting your time while I think through this.

NmareBfly fucked around with this message at 18:12 on Nov 23, 2017

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

I did Loki and Thanos uniforms and am very happy about it. Really trying to keep myself in check from buying more uniforms (Thor and Spiderman are staring at me).

Wizchine
Sep 17, 2007

Television is the retina
of the mind's eye.
I got the Thor and Loki ones when they were initially on sale and no regrets here...

Not really considering the new X-men ones, but assume they are good.

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007

The Question IRL posted:

So there is a Black Friday sale. And there are billions of things I could buy. What is worth getting?

Buy the uniforms, it's the biggest discount until next year.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

I'm trying to work out what uniforms. I got Shannon Rogers and her uniform as I knew enough to get she was OP.
But after that I don't have any 60's (Thor is 58.)
Only have a few random 6 stars for characters I liked. (Hulk, Songbird, Elsa Bloodstone and Cap which I got from the single player quest plus the Veterans Week they were doing.)
I have Ultron, Punisher and Hulkbuster at 5 star due to randomness and some grinding. I am getting Gwenpool from 4 star to 5 star with that monthly pack of 20 CP's I was recommended to buy because I heard she was good.

But otherwise I am slightly adrift in trying to figure out what's good. I'm trying to do the Doctor Strange and Wolverine epic quests but they are slow going.

The Question IRL fucked around with this message at 22:05 on Nov 23, 2017

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

^ If you have Elsa, get her uni (monsters unleashed.) Also gwenpool is good but with the 20-a-day you should almost always prioritize the paywall only people (you can get gwenpool bios in special missions though it's admittedly real slow so getting them from the daily isn't BAD.)

here is a uniform post:

Thor (Ragnarok) - High priority especially on sale because it you level it to mythical you get maybe the best card in the game at 6* for free. It also improves him pretty drastically and is premium priced so on sale is when you want it.

Loki (Rag) - similar to thor but a lot harder to get to mythical since his bios are a pain to farm (also for premium unis you need like 700? bios total) and his card isn't quite as good. Lady Loki isn't bad still but might as well get Rag if you're gonna get one at all at this point.

Those two have the benefit of getting you an amazing card (albiet after like 2 months of straight uniform XP grinding and a huge investment.) Otherwise, what you usually want out of a uni is to either make a good character great or a meh character usable. All uniforms except maybe the green goblin ultimate one make the character better, it's just a question of how much.

Story farmable. This is important because they're making it easier to naturally T2 these guys -- generally I try not to get uniforms for people I'm not gonna T2 at some point because otherwise it's a dead end investment.

Iron Fist (hobo) - turns him into a real monster, he needs the heal badly.
Spiderman (hobo) - Gives him a ridiculous number of iframes, makes him an incredible pain in pvp
Venom (anti) - makes him good, I could solo SL stages at T1 with a bit of effort.
Sif - Brings her from D tier to a solid B or A-
Ghost Rider (attilan) - He should still be better but the uniform giving him a heal helps a LOT.
Hulk (Ragnarok) - brings him up like 2 tiers

slightly lower prio:
Black Widow (civil war) - I like BW and have her at T2, but she's not top tier. Without the uni she'd be pretty poop.
Captain America (Marvel now) - don't have this one but it seems to be recommended
Punisher (netflix) - same as above. Makes him usable to decent.
Winter Soldier (cap) - gives him physical invulnerability on one of his moves, makes him pretty useful in SL.

Then non-story farmable ones:
Elsa - Makes her (at T2) still one of the best speed heroes in the game.
Ronan - Can comfortably solo clear a SL universal relay with the uni, but it can take some practice to stack the stuns right.
Red Hulk - Another 'makes him good' though annoyingly it turn him into a hero instead of a villain.
Beast - Makes him a villain. Doesn't do much to improve his actual skills but you can use him on ABX.
Vulture - Turns him into iframes.

Then I think these are lower priority, most of them make people go from good to better or are utility things:
Sharog - a good uniform, don't get me wrong. It's just not as necessary as some other IMO -- she's great either way. This is just icing.
Strange - The heal is good but I dunno how much he needs the uni. ALso needs T2 materials to upgrade
Thanos - Was top tier already and it's a huge resource sink to upgrade.
Shulk - Makes her leadership slightly better which is good for big ABX scores. Does almost nothing to improve her otherwise.
Quake (agents of shield) - Still worth a mention because it gives her 2 buff charges. Kinda depreciated though.

Are the Age of Ultron unis still 1 g? Don't buy them for crystals if they're not.

I have a ton of other uniforms but those are all the ones I'd consider priorities. What not to get includes:
Gamora, either - what the hell NM she's supposed to be the most dangerous woman in the universe
Kingpin (blingpin) - Was good once. No longer. I still get use out of him in SL but meh.
Angela - why are you so bad?
Nebula - actually with her uni I can solo a low level lady relay in SL just because her stun has a like 2 second cooldown but it is still a pretty poor investment.
Green Gobbo (ultimate) - changes him completely, makes him worse
Baron Mordo - Same as above. He's better without

There are plenty of other good unis -- gwenpool, black bolt, cho, kamala -- I just don't wanna list them all because they're good -> better tier usually. If you're hemming and hawing on someone, ask! If you want a uni for you waifu or husbando just get it, like I said none of them make the character worse. this is too many words already though geez

NmareBfly fucked around with this message at 22:17 on Nov 23, 2017

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I grabbed the Thor and Loki costumes and have enough for at least one more. I'm debating between Hulk, Hela, Vulture, and Wolverine. Hela will probably get the bump. I'm still on my villain kick. Wolverine's still one of my top guns even if he's weaker than most CoOp ones. I'm still not anywhere close to T2ing Vulture. Hela can be done by Shadowland bios so she probably gets priority.

But I have Thor and Loki up to T2 already so now I can just plug them into my Specials run team and rank up the costumes to cash in on that cinema mission. Hulk and Hela will probably have to wait. And there's no Black Friday sale on the 20 bios a day so I'll just keep waiting for Valkyrie until there's some other characters to buy.

Lady Sif is the only old school uniform that seems like a "must buy" I don't have yet. If I have enough crystals after Hela/Vulture I might grab that since she'll be super easy to T2 once the next update comes.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

I got the new Hulk uniform to really step up my Hulk game. Plus the Netflix uniform for Lucas P. Cage and I'm gonna T2 him after the new patch lands. Bring on combat Battleworld imo.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

KaosMachina
Oct 9, 2012

Doomtalker posted:

Good news! Xmen don't take BAM, they use the mkraan stuff

Oh I'm not talking about T2ing people. I don't have the stuff to get the materials for that unlocked yet. I'm purely talking about THAT ONE QUEST.

Edit for news: See, I totally expected Blue Marvel. I NEVER expected Ani-Man. And him being there makes the FF moratorium that much more infuriating, because he's never going to have his one uniform.

KaosMachina fucked around with this message at 05:48 on Nov 24, 2017

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!

I'm totally down for an Ultimates update! ... that I probably won't get to do much with since I play hobo-style..

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

the in game notice aaaaaa i'm losing my poo poo

about goddamn time my dogg nova is finally here

(even though its sams helmet and not rider)

Mr. Meagles fucked around with this message at 06:43 on Nov 24, 2017

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Yeah, but is it gonna be kid nova or adult nova?

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Poops Mcgoots posted:

Yeah, but is it gonna be kid nova or adult nova?

it's kid nova's helmet

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

so antiman was kid nova's classmate or something?

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

punchymcpunch posted:

he's a herald of galactus and has the power cosmic or some poo poo, whatever that is

KaosMachina
Oct 9, 2012

punchymcpunch posted:

Anti-Man was the arch-enemy of Superm Blue Marvel back in the day, and later became a herald of Galactus- but not, like, the bad one, Galactus after he'd gotten his chakras re-blitzed and started dressing up in gold and calling himself the Lifebringer.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

So the shop is now saying that the Crystals are 1 X5 instead of 1 X3.

Does that mean you get quintuple the amount of crystals? Does that make the deals any better?

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
it's 1+2 x 5 meaning you get triple the amount up to 5 times

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Ah okay.

They could really do with making that a lot clearer.

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

Hmm i feel like I should maybe keep saving for magneto but it's tempting to buy like 5 uniforms because they're so cheap.

Benthalus
Jul 5, 2002

Tolkien minority posted:

Hmm i feel like I should maybe keep saving for magneto but it's tempting to buy like 5 uniforms because they're so cheap.

It's been a day and I definitely don't regret getting the uni, Magneto and hence Jean can wait a couple more months of Stark Stashes.

Bonby
Jan 13, 2008

Annoying Dog
Applied to goonlactus as Infrevacus!

Trapper John
Jun 12, 2001
Doctor Goons has a a bunch of spots open if anyone is looking for an alliance.

Kowak
Jan 1, 2007

Trapper John posted:

Doctor Goons has a a bunch of spots open if anyone is looking for an alliance.

I just applied to Doctor Goons as Kowaliszyn.

Russad
Feb 19, 2011
I also applied to Doctor Goons, as Russad. Dunno anything about this dumb game, but Gaz broke my heart and left a Marvel sized hole in it.

slumdoge millionare
Feb 17, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer
I don't know if you goons ever saw this, but if you're punisher fans, it's a must https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bWpK0wsnitc

Dirty Laundry Punisher is so good

Nerdietalk
Dec 23, 2014

I've figured out how to improve my character growth of pretty much everything except ISOs. Those are always in the red even if I have a set bonus. How do I build on those?

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

What do you mean, by in the red? Like you never have them in your inventory?

My basic approach with Isos is that when I work T2 someone or work up their gear/skills to use them I go and give them an Iso Set with 3-5* isos. Every 1-3 days I work on beefing up those isos to 5* by combining any 1*, 2*, most 3*, and any boosts. I usually try and keep roughly 20 of each kind of Iso in my inventory "just in case" but that's hoarding and someone will probably clal me out on it. But I like to balance between using my stuff/freeing up my inventory and having a stock on hand if I suddenly realize I want So-and-So strong for Shadowland or something.

If you just don't have Isos to use I'd say focus on grabbing them from missions and not using them for awhile to build up your stock, and maybe buy some 3* and 4* from the store. For awhile I was drained on Chaos Isos so I would buy all the Chaos in the store and focus on doing mission I could get them on and then I just kept combining 1s and 2s into 3s and 4s. Eventually I got my 20 threshold and have been able to maintain it since.

Nerdietalk
Dec 23, 2014

STAC Goat posted:

What do you mean, by in the red? Like you never have them in your inventory?

In the literal sense.

I've been hoarding them a little, but most of my guys have at least three Isos equipped and a few enhanced. No real change after I enhance some of them.

Nerdietalk fucked around with this message at 01:15 on Nov 27, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

brosef
Jan 19, 2009

nerdman42 posted:

In the literal sense.

I've been hoarding them a little, but most of my guys have at least three Isos equipped and a few enhanced. No real change after I enhance some of them.

Sounds like you're not using full 8-iso sets?