Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

small ghost
Jan 30, 2013

Writer Cath posted:

Rediscovering this Goon made thing from ages ago cracked me the hell up, so I'm calling that a win.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3wwJDHmwtWM

:same: thank you for posting that

Edit: my pal forgot to text me on my birthday so he drew me a rad pic of me as MacReady from the Thing to make up for it.

small ghost has a new favorite as of 16:20 on Nov 8, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Waking up to find out just how savagely republicans got thrashed in Virginia has made my whole week awesome. Finally some evidence of a Blue Wave that some of my coworkers have been cynically Nothing Matters-ing that it will not happen and the GOP/Trump will reign supreme forever. Hopefully this continues into 2018 midterms. Also that the dude who created the anti-trans Bathroom Bill was defeated by a trans woman, which is just the most beautiful, delicious irony.

The schadenfreude emanating from this tweet is bordering on lethal doses. Good god, it feels so good to see Gillespie lose so apocalyptically, and then the equivalent of a sad, flaccid party horn going off on his twitter account since he changed his birthday on there to be on election day so the balloons would show up celebrating his win. Almost as good as when Mitt Romney's fireworks display went off in Boston despite him losing in 2012
https://twitter.com/matt___nelson/status/928086801155330049

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Choose this life you're on your own

Annointed posted:

I got coworkers to talk to and work alongside with. Take that depression.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

I mentioned cramps in my leg at work and I was given a sit down job for the day.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Making very good progress on a difficult (for me) hobby programming project of mine, and I'd like to think meeting better coding standards than my lazy rear end usually does.

Yobgoblin
Mar 19, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Clapping Larry
[url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xvOXul0gv1s]i have loving fun[/url]

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
I just saw Baahubali 2. No day shall ever be as awesome as today.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

My father-in-law "hired" me as a consultant for his vacation property listing in Mexico and his writing is so bad. I'm having a lot of fun rewording it to be more diplomatic and professional. I might even get to go visit it soon to do better photos. I've been there a few times but never considered taking photos of the place to put in a listing. Now to convince the husband we're due for another vacation in January.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k

FreshFeesh posted:

Sadly the only words I understand in the above are "Russian" and "no/not" (I'm really, really early in my studies).

I can say "Нет, этот мульчей не ест радио" at least, but that really doesn't come up in conversation (I hope)

Edit: I did just start posting in the Russian Language thread also, at least

Yo dude thanks for the link (and sorry for the late reply). I'll be postin some poo poo there.

My reply was
Cool!
Maybe we can have conversations [also can be read as "talk"] in Russian
No one will know what we're saying [also can be read as "no one will know our conversation"]

Russian is weird and I honestly tell people that want to learn Russian not to do it because the language/grammar/translation/etc is ridiculous and super hard, like SUPER hard.

I'm surprised you didn't get banned for this but I guess this isn't GBS and your response IS accurate.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Happened yesterday, but I got to go to the Wait, Wait....Don't Tell Me recording. It was absolutely hilarious and even the callers made some good jokes. If you listen (and the joke actually makes it onto the air) you may even be able to hear me because I was almost literally the only person that laughed at a pretty brutal Franken joke that Sagal made. I haven't laughed that much in a long time.

And I got to hear Paula Poundstone tell a story about how one of her cats peed in her ear once.

CRINDY
Sep 23, 2010

forget about ur worries and ur strife
I wrote a news story that got picked up nationally. It's on the New York Times and Washington Post websites and it was a lead in for this morning's NPR Morning Edition.

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

I got paid a few days ago, I'm caught up on bills for the month, and the shoes I wanted online were cheaper than I expected.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

I found a custom Timbuk2 backpack on OfferUp for $20 and had the lady deliver it for another $10. It's in perfect condition.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

Somehow I managed to pay off my credit card balance this paycheque with $200 left over even though I felt like I was spending too much on food and clothes. Apparently not.

Yobgoblin
Mar 19, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Clapping Larry

Picnic Princess posted:

Somehow I managed to pay off my credit card balance this paycheque with $200 left over even though I felt like I was spending too much on food and clothes. Apparently not.

hope your legs are hurting less, god bless.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

Yobgoblin posted:

hope your legs are hurting less, god bless.

Can't say they are but I have positive things to focus on right now so I stopped caring temporarily. Thank you!

Yobgoblin
Mar 19, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Clapping Larry
:nws:ring hype:nws:

Picnic Princess posted:

Can't say they are but I have positive things to focus on right now so I stopped caring temporarily. Thank you!

:cheers:

e: it would be cool to find the speaker magnet so i can get more rust off the firepit.

Yobgoblin has a new favorite as of 04:54 on Nov 19, 2017

CRINDY
Sep 23, 2010

forget about ur worries and ur strife
A Late Show with Colbert writer just liked my joke on Twitter.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

We had a monumentally stupid assignment where groups of students competed for marks, so 1st place got 10/10, 2nd got 9/10, etc. My group came in first. Still think competing for marks is idiotic though.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

I got my Wacom pen so I can draw on my new Surface! I haven't drawn anything but a sketch in months.

Scathach has a new favorite as of 09:02 on Nov 22, 2017

CHEF!!!
Feb 22, 2001

I passed the AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Associate exam, found the headphones I left in my favorite local bar last night, and one of the three credit ratings agency apparently loved talking to me and want me to bring me in for an in-person interview.

Not-so-awesome: Earliest available is 7 December and I start a new job 30 November on account of "months of job rejections while on unemployment loving sucks.

Trivial Fursuit
Dec 18, 2009
Finished my tattoo yesterday, followed by a pretty chill evening at work (with hella good tips!).

Today I've got off, so the furthest I'll move from my bed will be the kitchen.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

CHEF!!! posted:

I passed the AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Associate exam, found the headphones I left in my favorite local bar last night, and one of the three credit ratings agency apparently loved talking to me and want me to bring me in for an in-person interview.

Not-so-awesome: Earliest available is 7 December and I start a new job 30 November on account of "months of job rejections while on unemployment loving sucks.

Congrats! :)

I got a preposterous amount of money for giving an hour long grind in a super simple subject.

Cercueil
Sep 21, 2006

I work at a grocery store and finally got a customer who's total came to $69.69.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
Every once in a blue moon, my partner (who is technically employed by the bar I met her at, even though she has a Big Girl Job) gets asked to work a shift at the bar. Tonight, she was near literally begged asked by the manager to work a shift.

Some couples occasionally act like they don't know each other. Me? I get to be the dude who stays late to hang out with the bartender he's got a crush on, get to drink a bit more, and get to go home with her. :3:

TaurusTorus
Mar 27, 2010

Grab the bullshit by the horns

I have to work Thanksgiving, but since I work nights I'm working midnight-8am, I will be able to have dinner with my family. Also since everything else stops for Thanksgiving, I won't be doing much actual work.

Bluemillion
Aug 18, 2008

I got your dispensers
right here
I'm with my functional family, and tomorrow I will sit down and eat more food than some people do in a month.

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

These high-G injections have some serious side effects after pulling so many jumps.

I was in the hospital for a week and I finally got caught up on threads and found out PCOS Bill finally got permabanned.

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

queserasera posted:

I was in the hospital for a week and I finally got caught up on threads and found out PCOS Bill finally got permabanned.

You just made my day too

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

I was having a downright lovely-rear end day but then one of my favourite National Parks shared a photo I took and it made it all better :3:

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

queserasera posted:

Who is PCOS Bill?

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

Forceholy posted:

Who is PCOS Bill?

https://forums.somethingawful.com/banlist.php?userid=200415

This should tell you everything you need to know about them.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Forceholy posted:

Who is PCOS Bill?

He besmirched Kat Denning's boobs.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

Forceholy posted:

Who is PCOS Bill?

An unfortunate man with polycystic ovarian syndrome that left him bitter and incapable of love.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

Forceholy posted:

Who is PCOS Bill?

A man-shaped mountain of turds given access to the internet and a keyboard.

spinderella
Jul 15, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
I made some nice stuff I expect to go in my next sale :)

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Whitlam
Aug 2, 2014

Some goons overreact. Go figure.
I'm on my way to see Lorde, and on Friday I got a pretty incredible job offer/promotion, especially for my age. It's cool feeling like ability is being recognised, rather than some arbitrary age hierarchy.

FreshFeesh
Jun 3, 2007

Drum Solo
I got more writing done today, and received some great feedback on new blog posts. Feels good to have responses, particularly helpful ones.

Edit: And then even more writing, about very different topics. Inspiration has been good to me these past few days.

FreshFeesh has a new favorite as of 09:44 on Nov 26, 2017

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..
Out of the loving blue my apartment building manager announced that Google Webpass is now available in our building. $60/month or $550/year for 1000 Mbps. :stare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yobgoblin
Mar 19, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Clapping Larry
guess

e: hawaiian fruit punch

Yobgoblin has a new favorite as of 05:24 on Nov 28, 2017