Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
A friend hooked me up with Marvel Legends Shocker for $12, and it's the version with the Thunderbolts logo where his belt buckle would be, so he matches Boomerang. They're my only two Marvel Legends villains, and I'm perfectly fine with that. I like that one of Shocker's eyes is larger than the other, so it looks like his mask is emoting, Deadpool-style.

At this point, I wouldn't mind getting male Beetle, Jessica Jones, or Misty Knight if they end up on clearance or deeply discounted, but with the Defenders set Luke Cage, A-Force set She-Hulk, and Shocker in the last month, I'm pretty content with my small Legends collection as it is now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

A friend hooked me up with Marvel Legends Shocker for $12, and it's the version with the Thunderbolts logo where his belt buckle would be, so he matches Boomerang. They're my only two Marvel Legends villains, and I'm perfectly fine with that. I like that one of Shocker's eyes is larger than the other, so it looks like his mask is emoting, Deadpool-style.

At this point, I wouldn't mind getting male Beetle, Jessica Jones, or Misty Knight if they end up on clearance or deeply discounted, but with the Defenders set Luke Cage, A-Force set She-Hulk, and Shocker in the last month, I'm pretty content with my small Legends collection as it is now.

Laffo if you can't find Misty for that much. I see her everywhere.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Easily the worst face sculpt I’ve seen for a Star Wars Figuarts.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

I had no idea Michael Ironside is in The Last Jedi.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Thought it was a chubby Count Dooku.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Who gave Luke polonium?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

That sculpt is a bit of a car crash.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

You guys crack me up sometimes. i grew up with this poo poo and I LIKED IT.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

Nerd Of Prey posted:

You guys crack me up sometimes. i grew up with this poo poo and I LIKED IT.

I mean, that Luke wasn’t $60-70 USD with inflation adjustment. It’s apples and oranges.

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

Mezco Delux Joker went up for preorder today: https://www.mezcotoyz.com/one-12-collective-the-joker-deluxe-edition

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

That Revoltech Carnage has a ton of accessories:

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.
That Luke looks like Dan Harmon

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Aphrodite posted:

That Revoltech Carnage has a ton of accessories:

I think you could make a second carnage with all that accessory plastic...Jesus. :stare:

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

Fuzz posted:

Laffo if you can't find Misty for that much. I see her everywhere.

Oh, I went to a Target yesterday for the first time in a while, and there were a dozen Mistys pegwarming, along with that ugly Iron Man from the older Guardians wave, but all at the full $20 price. Target rarely discounts anything.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
The Toys R Us I work at hasn't got a single Spiderman figure all year because we have a ton of Lady Beetle and Speed Demon with a lone Misty Knight and a White Tiger some jerk returned to our store. Wish I could just toss them all into the Toys for Tots bin at the exit door.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

New Hot Toys Vader.

Now the green light is blue, his gloves are a different texture, the triangle is larger and the cloth on his chest is a different texture.

Fleece those loving nerds.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Is the robe under the armor or over the armor?! I gotta know, man!

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Actually to be fair to the nerds, the ROTJ Vader was overpriced because of the shittiest implementation of a voice box ever.

When activated it only works for 15 minutes or so before turning itself off and needs to be turned back on by the switch. Except doing that requires taking off the head, armor, robe and some of the interior bodysuit to access.

An Ounce of Gold
Jul 13, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Easily the worst face sculpt I’ve seen for a Star Wars Figuarts.

Hold on, . I missed this and want in on it. Ummmm... Why is Kenny Roger so mad? Ok I'm good. Thanks.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Someone insulted him and he's Kenny Rogers Roasted.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

*Insert Sailor Jupiter joke here*
That beard and dour face give off a more Wilford Brimley vibe than they should.

The fact that he has what looks like a sweater on doesnt help either.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Starlord's helmet is on sale at Amazon for 69.99 for a lightning deal.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
Is there any way to remove cigarette stink from action figures? I want to believe there’s a special level of hell for eBay sellers who swear stuff is from a smoke-free home when it clearly isn’t. :argh:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Try dryer sheets in a sealed container.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
https://www.sideshowtoy.com/collectibles/dc-comics-batman-batarang-quantum-mechanix-inc-902948/

Use code BATARANG17 for $5 off and free shipping.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

That 4" Spider-Man Sinister Six 7-Pack is on a ridiculous sale of $15 on Amazon.

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009
Scooped it up, thanks for the link!

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

This is one of the worst sculpts by Hot Toys in recent years.

Left is the new Battlefront 2 render.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It looks like it's based on the make-up before enhancements were added, or something.

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

Vintersorg posted:

Fuckin seriously? I was really looking forward to Palpatine.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

Vintersorg posted:

I think the likeness is okay, but it’s missing the eye shadow and seems to be using the pinker flesh makeup from ROTS.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Not really related, but I remember back in the day accidentally spoiling to someone between Ep. 1 and 2 that Chancellor Palpatine was the Emperor because he's never actually called by his name in the original movies.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI

Endless Mike posted:

Not really related, but I remember back in the day accidentally spoiling to someone between Ep. 1 and 2 that Chancellor Palpatine was the Emperor because he's never actually called by his name in the original movies.

I remember it was hilarious that prior to episode 3, the Essential Guide to Characters and other material would act like Palpatine and Darth Sidious were separate characters, even going so far as to have two separate character profiles. Like, come on guys, who are you fooling? Yeah, his face was covered in shadow, but he had the same voice and you could still see his chin.

A part of me feels like they're going to pull something similar for episode 9 and be like "ok yeah, so we swore up and down that Rey isn't Luke's daughter but we kinda lied sorry"

Also Finn and Poe are actually half brothers and their romance is incest now, whoops sorry

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021
SH Figuarts Darth Vader 2.0 : https://hlj.com/product/bann16568

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!
God drat it BBTS. I have my old address saved in their DB, but I updated all of my preorders and new orders to use my new address ( Which I moved to 3 years ago at the end of this year ), yet somehow the latest 2 pre-orders I have still had the old address assigned when I looked at my shipped S.H. Figuarts Shenron. :sigh:

At least I still own my old place, but it's being rented out and they use "FedEx Smart Post" which is code for "Let USPS deliver this poo poo" which means it's a gigantic pain in the rear end to intercept the package. I have to specifically wait until it's handed off to the post office, and then catch it before it's out for delivery in order to redirect it.

My tenants have not updated their phone number, so inevitably it'll be 'Attempted for delivery' otherwise and never actually delivered. Or worse, just left in the Apt. foyer. So frustrated with them, I have removed the address from their (BBTS) address book before and it has reappeared twice. It shouldn't be this difficult to update my Credit Card/Address info.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
Hot Toys just announced they have the Matrix license. My collection could use a good Neo.

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Joe Fisto posted:

Hot Toys just announced they have the Matrix license. My collection could use a good Neo.

So who here is gonna buy the necessary amount of Agent Smiths to recreate the Burly Brawl? :v:

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

TaurusOxford posted:

So who here is gonna buy the necessary amount of Agent Smiths to recreate the Burly Brawl? :v:

Which fight was that? There was only one Agent Smith in the movie, the other agents were just similar looking to be generic men in black. :shepface:

It'll be funny when the hot toy can't even pull off half of the kung fu poses.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

Fuzz posted:

Which fight was that? There was only one Agent Smith in the movie, the other agents were just similar looking to be generic men in black. :shepface:

It'll be funny when the hot toy can't even pull off half of the kung fu poses.

Matrix Reloaded, when Neo fought off a thousand Agent Smith clones.