Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
Lunethex and I have a pretty exhaustive playlist over Vermintide at this point and while there are some update videos for 1.9 to take into account most everything we say on there is still very valid. Check the Red Weapons overview for our extended talk about weapon traits specifically.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hannibal Rex
Feb 13, 2010
Thanks. I was mainly wondering what's good on a handgun, and if those are still considered the go-to ranged weapon for kruber and bardin. I'll have a look at your videos.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

The patch that added the Q&C board rebalanced every weapon so that just about all of them have solid value. Later patches balanced every trait and every trinket so there's not even many trash options there anymore. There is nothing even close to as useless as the old axe for example.

Just keep bloodlust on your melee weapon and try some poo poo, everything works on nightmare now. The same general principles still hold true though, like special killing being a far more important feature on a ranged weapon than crowd killing.

e: for handgun specifically, shoot for master crafted and skirmisher. MC was nerfed but is still critical, and skirmisher now removes inaccuracy from moving which is incredibly good since you can drag shoot while moving and hipfiring.

Owl Inspector fucked around with this message at 18:26 on Nov 2, 2017

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.

Hannibal Rex posted:

Thanks. I was mainly wondering what's good on a handgun, and if those are still considered the go-to ranged weapon for kruber and bardin. I'll have a look at your videos.

The Handgun as always profits from Master Crafted for the improved reload time, Skirmisher is actually very good on the handgun now, because it prevents you from losing accuracy while moving, so you can hip shot with the thing pretty well. Hail of Doom or Skull Cracker will give you a chance to bodyshot Stormvermin, which can be nice in a fracas.

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

Hannibal Rex posted:

I haven't really played since before the contracts board became a thing. Is there a good up-to-date overview which traits are good for which weapons, and which weapons are now considered to be the best for each class?

just shift+tab in game to open the steam overlay, then poke through the guides for the weapons guide; i think it has a yellowish shield icon or something, and you'll know it's the right one because it has a jumplist to the right of all the different weapons.

mastercrafted is key for the handgun, and hail of doom and/or skullcracker would be great for maybe helping kill stormvermin if you bodyshot.

i'm still using my blue handgun with mastercrafted and rupture, which i still really like because i can highlight enemies to get an outline of the special and then aim for headshots that hit even if other rats are in the way

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

the weapons guide is good for weapons stats but outdated for traits because it was pre 1.9 overhaul. there's a reddit thread with all the weapons discussed which is okay- not definitive but gives you a good start

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

StashAugustine posted:

the weapons guide is good for weapons stats but outdated for traits because it was pre 1.9 overhaul. there's a reddit thread with all the weapons discussed which is okay- not definitive but gives you a good start

are you referring to our stuff? because there is a 1.9 red weapon changes video where we talk about the traits on weapons as a whole again, updated for the new changes.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

no, the steam guide the other guy was referring to. your guide is real good but mostly directly applicable to reds; although it gives generally good advice

e: come to think of it didnt you do general weapon overviews too? still pre 19 tho

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

yep. we did weapon overviews for everyone, the red weapon videos talk more generally about traits. we did update videos for 1.9 on everything though.

Hannibal Rex
Feb 13, 2010
Does anyone here know the mechanics on the Beam Staff? I'm currently having one with regrowth, stability and channeling. I rolled one that had regrowth, skirmisher and master-crafted. Does MC even work on the beam itself? I love the staff, but it really doesn't do damage fast enough in practical situations, short of having a clear line of sight on Roger. Then it's pretty amazing.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

best part of the beam staff is the shotgun, its basically a shield push that 1 shots slave rats on nightmare, 2 shots them on cata. should only really be beaming specials, in the head. learn the timing on when to hit m1 while doing it to send a big ol blast down your beam to finish the dorks off. beam staff is mostly just ok at long range after many nerfs, but its pretty loving fantastic at crowd control and saving yourself a ton of damage if you use it defensively

e: i guess i didnt actually answer your question. get owned

Ghost Dog fucked around with this message at 17:55 on Nov 4, 2017

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
We got Plague Monks and Stormfiends coming in

http://www.vermintide.com/news/dev_blog_02_enemy_plague_monk_and_stormfiend/

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

Ghost Dog posted:

best part of the beam staff is the shotgun, its basically a shield push that 1 shots slave rats on nightmare, 2 shots them on cata. should only really be beaming specials, in the head. learn the timing on when to hit m1 while doing it to send a big ol blast down your beam to finish the dorks off. beam staff is mostly just ok at long range after many nerfs, but its pretty loving fantastic at crowd control and saving yourself a ton of damage if you use it defensively

e: i guess i didnt actually answer your question. get owned

beam staff only staff for last stand suicide witch

Hannibal Rex
Feb 13, 2010
Legendary potion share is a quest reward today.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

I think that's for Vermintide ][

Hannibal Rex
Feb 13, 2010
There's some people here using a mod to spawn items, right? I assume it's possible to get purple hats and trinkets that way without waiting for freebies and seasonal events? Does anyone have a link for it?

White Coke
May 29, 2015
It's pinned in the Discord.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Stanley Pain posted:

I think that's for Vermintide ][

Yes but I assumed this is also the Vermintide II thread.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

it is right now yeah. At some point I'll make a vermintide 2 thread since this one has never been updated.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

probably would be a good time to make a vermintide 2 thread once we have more actual info about it

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Well we now know we got Plague Monks and Stormfiends.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

MonsterEnvy posted:

Yes but I assumed this is also the Vermintide II thread.

You got me all excited, but then I realized I will have to postpone my excitement. :argh:

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
For a moment I thought the blurb said that Stormfiends were "a hilarious combination of bio-engineering and sadistic techno-magic" and I prefer it that way tbh.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Pierson posted:

For a moment I thought the blurb said that Stormfiends were "a hilarious combination of bio-engineering and sadistic techno-magic" and I prefer it that way tbh.
I mean, have you seen the little brain-rats on their backs? :3:

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

Fa la lanky down dilly, motherfuckers.
Skaven are pretty hilarious. What I mean by that is that we need the Doom Wheel as a L4D2 Charger analogue.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Based on SAMing achievements that have already been added to the game, it looks like the new wizard weapon will be a "ceremonial dagger."

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.
There's no more solemn ceremony than stabbing rats in a sewer.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Bardin's classes overview.

Okay, so Slayer Bardin really doesn't use ranged weapons. That sounds... Like a not good idea.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

I hope the voice acting gets mad as hell when you revive him as a slayer.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

ZearothK posted:

Okay, so Slayer Bardin really doesn't use ranged weapons. That sounds... Like a not good idea.

It's especially funny because there's an entire sect of pistol-wielding Slayers RIGHT THERE, over in pirate town.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.

moths posted:

I hope the voice acting gets mad as hell when you revive him as a slayer.

As long as the one picking him up makes every comment about babysitting him.

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

ZearothK posted:

hopefully you can just throw him at enemies

Hannibal Rex
Feb 13, 2010
Did they change something about how to unlock Trial of the Foolhardy? I've tried twice with different groups, but when we try to place the statue in between the window and the bookshelf, it just bounces off and nothing happens. Putting it by the skeleton at the bridge illusion worked. This was on hard.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

So I went to finally grab 2 today and saw the discount notice has changed, the whole 10% off pre-order thing now says "Offer ends January 26" and their release date is still otherwise a floaty "Q1 2018" so hey, a steam flub of sorts mighta given away the release date it seems. I'd be real happy if that was the case anyway, wanna chop me some chaos boys and the sooner the better.

Sazabi
Feb 15, 2014

A-MA-ZON!!
I'm still expecting a late Feb early March release. But hey, no complaints about getting in early.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

If they need to take longer than january 26 they'll just push it back

that is the same day as monster hunter though and that is upsetting

Senethro
May 18, 2005

I unironically think I'm Garret, Master Thief.

Hannibal Rex posted:

Did they change something about how to unlock Trial of the Foolhardy? I've tried twice with different groups, but when we try to place the statue in between the window and the bookshelf, it just bounces off and nothing happens. Putting it by the skeleton at the bridge illusion worked. This was on hard.

I'm no expert but my party placed the statue at the bridge illusion, advanced far enough that the illusion broke, and then we all stopped and the host went back alone to..... look at a painting? Stand in front of this painting and it changes somehow? I wasn't clear. The bookcase statue clanked into place real easily after that run.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

quote:

Heroes!

Death on the Reik is the upcoming and highly anticipated DLC for Vermintide featuring two new levels, a new weapon in Ranald's Bones for Sienna, and (as usual) loads and loads of filthy rat-men.

We certainly said in the Vermintide 2 Reveal Stream that the expected release was mid-November and we appreciate we're already stepping out of that release window. We feel very much obliged to give an update to those receiving the content free through their Vermintide 2 pre-order as well as heroes just looking to continue their epic adventures through Vermintide.

You can expect the release to be next week. We acknowledge this is not a 'date' but we just want to let you know what we're looking at - and as soon as we firm up a specific release date we'll update you here, and over in the Vermintide 2 community hub as well.

Thanks, as ever, for your fandom, and continuing the journey of the Vermintide with us!

If it wasn't mentioned, you get death on the reik as part of preordering vermintide 2--which makes doing so a pretty small risk if you were going to buy death on the reik anyway, since you'll only be paying slightly more than $20 for vermin2de after the -10% discount, if the DLC costs the same as the rest

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

http://www.vermintide.com/news/dev_blog_sienna_fuegonasus/

Evil/crazy Sienna is going to be all about flaming swords and crazy.

Normal Ratfight 1 Sienna is about melting big guys.

And Good Sienna is Sienna Admits She Has A Problem, which is hilarious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Unchained Sienna has way more chains about her.

• Locked thread