Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010
I was actually thinking today about how I wouldnt mind them bringing tiredness back. It makes you rotate people in and out (i do that anyway but it's nice to have circumstances making you get creative) and having to rest people creates more a balance between dungeon crawling and social linking etc, instead of doing the dungeon in one block of days and then social linking til the story progresses, then repeating.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Yeah, I can see how that would require you to be more strategic when dungeon crawling, I think I would have a hard time giving up direct control of my party members though

Fiend Matador
Feb 19, 2011

You can still get some epic dungeon strategizing in the newer personas too, clearing the third palace in a single run in persona 5 was tense as hell. And I appreciated how you could spend time on making sp restore items so that you could dive further into dungeons. The sp restoring accessories kinda broke that system though lol.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

First and third palaces were definitely the toughest for me, part of that was just learning the mechanics since it was my first Persona

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

seige and hitman

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010

Fiend Matador posted:

You can still get some epic dungeon strategizing in the newer personas too, clearing the third palace in a single run in persona 5 was tense as hell. And I appreciated how you could spend time on making sp restore items so that you could dive further into dungeons. The sp restoring accessories kinda broke that system though lol.

Yeah I don't want to imply going through dungeons in 4 or 5 isn't loads of fun, 3 is probably my least favorite of the bunch overall, but the fatigue system gave it kinda a different pace from the other two and i think it'd be interesting if they revisited it

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

You can basically directly control your squad in fes with orders and tbh it feels cooler like im leading a team as the main character instead of being The Player

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
you can do that in 4 and 5 too if you like

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Neurotic Roleplay posted:

animal crossing pocket camp..

I hear you cant dig up fossils in that game.

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

More civ 6.

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

By completely blowing off my BS you have passed the first trial
I played the first steamworld dig and I didnt "get" it. I didnt feel there were any real puzzles or challenges and I got bored. Was I missing something

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I didn't really get into 1 either but 2 is a more involved game. It's got more of a Metroid flair going with movement upgrades and it has a bunch of caves which are puzzle rooms that you need to use your abilities to solve. Instead of just digging a lot

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

In Training posted:

I didn't really get into 1 either but 2 is a more involved game. It's got more of a Metroid flair going with movement upgrades and it has a bunch of caves which are puzzle rooms that you need to use your abilities to solve. Instead of just digging a lot

Sounds cool. I was never much into metroids but I think hollow knight planted a seed in me. A seed of gamer passion.

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Ristolaz posted:

Sounds cool. I was never much into metroids but I think hollow knight planted a seed in me. A seed of gamer passion.

If you haven't played zero mission do so, it's one of the most perfect games ever made.

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

P-Mack posted:

If you haven't played zero mission do so, it's one of the most perfect games ever made.

Good idea but since ive never played a single castlevania I kinda want to start there

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Castlevania is an awesome series, there's like one or two bad ones in the whole selection so it's hard to go wrong

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Ristolaz posted:

Good idea but since ive never played a single castlevania I kinda want to start there

Then it's a choice of whether you want to play the old school ones or jump straight to Symphony of the Night which is where the series gets metroidy.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Forgot that the moon at the top of luncheon kingdom is a triple and not single so now I have too many moons!!

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

In Training posted:

Forgot that the moon at the top of luncheon kingdom is a triple and not single so now I have too many moons!!

owned

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

In Training posted:

Yeah the puzzle caves are an important touch. I beat it last night -- the ending is really abrupt but the final
boss fight was cool, I wish there were more like it

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Ristolaz posted:

Very envious of this man. I hope you enjoy the best game ever when you get to it

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

In Training posted:

Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp

same

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Add me on Pocket Camp: 1375 0055 949

IdealFlaws
Aug 23, 2005
Overwatch tonight. Miraculously on a winning streak since reaching diamond and I'm gonna see how far I can get before the weekend

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

If I have game time tonight will probably play Melty Blood and Eternal Fighter Zero.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

A little more Persona 3 Portable today

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

gonna do some comp OW before work, then an epic 4 day weekend

Yobgoblin
Mar 19, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Clapping Larry
gonna figure out why third strike is weird on fc1 and a way around it.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

tek7 is 25 bucks on steam..im tempted

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It kicks rear end.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

I played Yakuza 0 today.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Also i played Injustice 2 and they’re doing a Thanksgiving event so there are exploding turkeys and pumpkin pies and mashed potatoes flying around and gobbling turkeys running around tripping people on the ground, it rules

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

codenameFANGIO posted:

Also i played Injustice 2 and they’re doing a Thanksgiving event so there are exploding turkeys and pumpkin pies and mashed potatoes flying around and gobbling turkeys running around tripping people on the ground, it rules

can you get level 20 turkeys with better exploding stats.

IdealFlaws
Aug 23, 2005

extremebuff posted:

tek7 is 25 bucks on steam..im tempted

I can't decide between this or street fighter 5. They're both on sale

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

more pocket camp if I didn't keep getting errors

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

I'm friending every Japanese player I see

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

I saved an extra couple bucks on Tekken 7 here by using the coupon at the bottom: https://www.fanatical.com/en/game/tekken-7

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

IdealFlaws posted:

well SF5 is bad and dying so

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

IdealFlaws posted:

please don't troll