Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

Attorney at Funk
Jun 3, 2008

...the person who says honestly that he despairs is closer to being cured than all those who are not regarded as despairing by themselves or others.
Left-click is for Shield Charge.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

'n suddenly there was a terrible roar all around us 'n the sky was full of what looked like 'uge bats, all swooping 'n screeching 'n divin' around the ute.

Lechtansi posted:

Edit: relevant to this discussion

I feel like I'm having a stroke trying to parse that setup.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?

Lechtansi posted:

I've had the same ARPG keybinds for 5+ years, like hell am I gonna redo muscle memory just for POE.

Right Click = Primary Skill
A = secondary skill
D = movement skill
S/F = buffs
Shift = hold still

I can't figure out why games have defaulted to something other than left hand on ASDF. Like, do people not use the home row for keyboard anymore?

This past league i rebound my last skill slot to spacebar, so i don't have to move my hands from asdf. I only use it for stuff like vaal buffs or golems anyways.

The more I read, the worse it gets

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

Keru posted:

I feel like I'm having a stroke trying to parse that setup.

Azran posted:

The more I read, the worse it gets

I think Lecht is an alien

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
There's no way that's real.

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

Lechtansi posted:

I've had the same ARPG keybinds for 5+ years, like hell am I gonna redo muscle memory just for POE.

A = secondary skill
D = movement skill
S/F = buffs
Shift = hold still

I can't figure out why games have defaulted to something other than left hand on ASDF. Like, do people not use the home row for keyboard anymore?

This past league i rebound my last skill slot to spacebar, so i don't have to move my hands from asdf. I only use it for stuff like vaal buffs or golems anyways.

Do you just not have thumbs is that the explanation here

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

I'm having a panic attack

Hauki
May 11, 2010

Lechtansi posted:

:chloe:

NachtSieger
Apr 10, 2013

Lechtansi posted:

A = secondary skill
D = movement skill
S/F = buffs
Shift = hold still

what is even going on here, this is profoundly uncomfortable

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

StoryTime posted:

lol if you're not accidentally cycling through the performance graphs from open-palming the numrow

Whenever I'm in a sticky situation, afterwards there's a performance graph at the top and the minimap has toggled.

Lechtansi
Mar 23, 2004

Item Get
I appreciate everyone's concern for my thumbs, but that setup is not mine. Just a random horrorshow. I don't even know what game it is, maybe mass effect?

zxqv8
Oct 21, 2010

Did somebody call about a Ravager problem?
Godamn I just realized a whole ton of how I set up my keys still somehow held over from Starsiege Tribes

WASD game and I always had spinfusor on 2, which was my most used weapon by a longshot.

In POE I put my emergency flask (be it instant life or anti-freeze or anti-burn or whatever) on 2, and have my hands constantly resting on wasd even though I don't use A or S and D only when I'm mining.

LMB- Move
MMB- Auras
RMB- Main Attack
Q- Secondary attack
W- Gap crossing movement skill
E- Traps. Utility if no traps
R- Shield charge if it's there, utility otherwise
T- Totem, because duh it starts with T

I play a lot lot lot of spellcasters

George
Nov 27, 2004

No love for your made-up things.
LMB behavior in these games frustrates me to no end. I bind force move to a thumb button on my mouse so I don't need LMB to ever move me, but I use a keyboard with no numlock so even that kludge isn't available and ARPGs never let you remind LMB to something innocuous.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Lechtansi posted:

I appreciate everyone's concern for my thumbs, but that setup is not mine. Just a random horrorshow. I don't even know what game it is, maybe mass effect?

Natural Selection 2.

The only noteworthy thing about my control setup is that I always put a QS flask on 3 and my movement skill on E. Jam on both for maximum GTFO-itude.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Abyss!

tl;dr: Breach, but if you expand the abyss for long enough you may get to the boss. Abyss jewels which may be socketed in your tree or in gear with Abyssal sockets (Abyss uniques or a new belt base type).

whypick1 fucked around with this message at 00:51 on Nov 23, 2017

Dr. Despair
Nov 4, 2009

39 perfect posts with each roll.

That new belt base is loving insane. Sure, i'd love a rare belt where the implicit is "have some flat damage, flat life, added cold damage, and a chance to avoid bleeding" on top of everything you normally get.

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

'n suddenly there was a terrible roar all around us 'n the sky was full of what looked like 'uge bats, all swooping 'n screeching 'n divin' around the ute.
Oh man.

Edit: My favorite part of the announcement is how the actual Abyss mechanic works. One of my biggest pet peeves with Breach was that sometimes you'd just get jack-all, no matter how well you tore through a breach. With Abyss, it sounds like you're practically guaranteed a boss fight with every Abyss if you do it properly, adding to your shots at league-uniques and all the new stuff with it.

Keru fucked around with this message at 01:05 on Nov 23, 2017

Stangg
Mar 17, 2009
More importantly, the challenge rewards are good, wings and a portal effect, sign me up.

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

Stangg posted:

More importantly, the challenge rewards are good, wings and a portal effect, sign me up.

Definitely going for the full set of challenges in Abyss. Harbinger had such lacklustre stuff, the only thing that really looked nice was the Eyes effect, and that was covered by half of the existing helmet MTX's.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
I like the jewels because they have flat phys to attacks. Hello Scion Facebreaker.

Ixjuvin
Aug 8, 2009

if smug was a motorcycle, it just jumped over a fucking canyon
Nap Ghost
Look at those cute lil isopod enemies :3:

George
Nov 27, 2004

They have flat damage to minions, too. poo poo is buck wild.

Those boots are also really pretty.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
SRS will be able to 100% perma blind a boss

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

Imagine a 6 abyssal socket chest with no other stats.

Yes, it'd be broken as all hell so it won't happen. But just imagine it for a moment.

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

Abyssal slots in items combined with those pseudo-6L one handers they previewed should be interesting. Be curious to see how limited they end up being

George
Nov 27, 2004

Mover posted:

Abyssal slots in items combined with those pseudo-6L one handers they previewed should be interesting. Be curious to see how limited they end up being

They definitely balance each other out really well.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
That's an interesting way to offset the great number of inherent 5 and 6 links the new items are going to generate: have league-specific sockets that would otherwise crowd out regular gem slots in favour of raw stats.

nightwisher
Dec 24, 2004

whypick1 posted:

Yes, no. EE has to proc'd by your skills specifically. So traps and mines work, but minions definitely don't.

This is from a few pages ago, but I just went and tested this interaction of Malachai's Artifice and a Minion Gem, and the minion does infact inflict EE when it's socketed in the ring. I'm guessing because the ring applies EE to the skill linked to it, it circumvents the normal application rules enforced by passive-tree EE. I wonder if this is abusable... 25 reduced effect means -37.5 resist instead of 50, still very juicy.

nightwisher fucked around with this message at 03:31 on Nov 23, 2017

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

nightwisher posted:

This is from a few pages ago, but I just went and tested this interaction of Malachai's Artifice and a Minion Gem, and the minion does infact inflict EE when it's socketed in the ring. I'm guessing because the ring applies EE to the skill linked to it, it circumvents the normal application rules enforced by passive-tree EE. I wonder if this is abusable...

I guess you could use SRS to proc EE on any build that doesn't use fire damage to improve your single target? Maybe not worth the ring slot though

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Wezlar posted:

I guess you could use SRS to proc EE on any build that doesn't use fire damage to improve your single target? Maybe not worth the ring slot though

Raise Spectre would probably be more comfortable/flexible

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

it's highly undesirable for srs to inflict EE if they're your main offensive skill and i'm struggling to think of a situation where flameblast or another direct-damage skill wouldn't be much better at proccing EE with fire

edit: yeah, spectres have some potential there!

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
A 1-link SRS sure as heck won't be your main damage source.

A flame totem is probably the easiest way to fire-and-forget and spread EE everywhere.

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

Ultima66 posted:

Imagine a 6 abyssal socket chest with no other stats.

Yes, it'd be broken as all hell so it won't happen. But just imagine it for a moment.

I'm getting some heavy Eastern Sun endgame gearing vibes from that idea

nightwisher
Dec 24, 2004
Oh god no dont say that, i can only get so dstoned...

nightwisher
Dec 24, 2004
Does Far Shot affect the explosions on Kinetic Blast? I'm guessing not since they're not a projectile themselves and therefore never travel.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

nightwisher posted:

Does Far Shot affect the explosions on Kinetic Blast? I'm guessing not since they're not a projectile themselves and therefore never travel.

KB scales from point blank so I would assume it scales from far shot as well.

nightwisher
Dec 24, 2004

TheRat posted:

KB scales from point blank so I would assume it scales from far shot as well.

Oh cool, thanks, just theorycrafting suboptimal KB miners and I wasn't sure if far shot would work.

Here's another one I couldnt find an answer for; If i'm dualwielding wands and I use mines, does it alternate what wand is used per placement of mines?

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

I'm struggling to see what benefit you could possibly gain from dw wands on a miner? attackspeed doesn't do anything and flat damage is local. Lycosidae is going to crush any other alternative

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Lightning warp + spell cascade.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nightwisher
Dec 24, 2004

TheRat posted:

I'm struggling to see what benefit you could possibly gain from dw wands on a miner? attackspeed doesn't do anything and flat damage is local. Lycosidae is going to crush any other alternative

More chance to pop with obliteration, but that's not really the reason I was curious, more that I don't know how attack mechanics interact with traps/mines as I've never used the combination before. Lycosidae is definitely what I'll end up using, yeah.