Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

TheGreasyStrangler posted:

lightly flavored soda water has been around for ages, why do people think it suddenly showed up with la croix

Who's arguing this? La Croix is just the most popular brand, since it's trendy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Dreddout posted:

Who's arguing this? La Croix is just the most popular brand, since it's trendy

i dont care what you say la croix was not the first soda brand

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

I have a soda stream because sometimes I want carbonated orange juice

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

Business Gorillas posted:

i dont care what you say la croix was not the first soda brand

Mr. Euro De La Croix invented soda in 1492 and used it to murder native Americans

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

pronounced "le crotch"

Cinnamon Bear
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Control Volume posted:

thanks for supporting israei, i guess

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos
La Crosse is gross stop drinking that poo poo.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

La Croix is named after a river in Wisconsin and it's Faygo without the sugar. The CEO of the company that owns the brand makes amazing press releases.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Control Volume posted:

Make a mimosa

Peanut President posted:

La Crosse is gross stop drinking that poo poo.

Wrong bitch

an actual dog posted:

La Croix is named after a river in Wisconsin and it's Faygo without the sugar. The CEO of the company that owns the brand makes amazing press releases.

woop woop

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
It sounds like La Croix is the Marvel Cinematic Universe of carbonated water while Soda Stream is the DC Cinematic Universe of carbonated water

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

an actual dog posted:

juggalo water

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

JER GEDDA FERDA RADDA ARA!

A Gnarlacious Bro posted:

It sounds like La Croix is the Marvel Cinematic Universe of carbonated water while Soda Stream is the DC Cinematic Universe of carbonated water

This works on multiple levels because of Gal Godot.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

i can buy 2 liters of supermarket soda water for 18p lol

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer
is the soda water la croix the same bunch as rizla?

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer
or ~ree lakwa~ as absolutely nobody calls it

LinYutang
Oct 12, 2016

NEOLIBERAL SHITPOSTER

:siren:
VOTE BLUE NO MATTER WHO!!!
:siren:
Glad I kicked off an angry fizzy water derail

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
and it wasnt even whether to call it soda or pop

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Blue Train posted:

Wrong bitch

Of course someone who posts in LF loves Lacrosse, of course!

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

LinYutang posted:

Glad I kicked off an angry fizzy water derail

Me too

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
how woke do you think any of these are

https://twitter.com/bradisterrific/status/933410794301198336

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

the big bang theory and philosophy

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Ever wonder what Aristotle might say about the life Sheldon Cooper leads? Why Thomas Hobbes would applaud the roommate agreement? Who Immanuel Kant would treat with "haughty derision" for weaving "un-unravelable webs?" And—most importantly—whether Wil Wheaton is truly evil? Of course you have. Bazinga!

This book mines the deep thinking of some of history's most potent philosophical minds to explore your most pressing questions about The Big Bang Theory and its nerdy genius characters. You might find other philosophy books on science and cosmology, but only this one refers to Darth Vader Force-chokes, cloning Leonard Nimoy, and oompa-loompa-like engineers. Fo-shizzle.

Gives you irresistibly geek-worthy insights on your favorite Big Bang Theory characters, story lines, and ideas
Examines important themes involving ethics and virtue, science, semiotics, religion, and the human condition
Brings the thinking of some of the world's greatest philosophers to bear on The Big Bang Theory, from Aristotle and Plato to Nietzsche, Wittgenstein, Simone de Beauvoir, and more

Essential reading for every Big Bang Theory fan, this book explores whether comic-book-wielding geeks can lead the good life, and whether they can know enough science to "tear the mask off nature and stare at the face of God."

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

i literally wrote a "star wars and philosophy" paper for my high school philosophy class because I had zero other ideas and all it was was me pointing out that the star wars society was just plato's ideal republic and it still sucked

that book is probably roughly the same quality

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

the big bang theory is the most toxic thing on tv

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

Philosophy majors need to make money somehow :shrug:

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Eh those books usually aren't so bad. It's less "here's the real secret philosophical meaning behind this pop culture thing" and more teaching basic philosophy ideas by relating them to something people are familiar with.

freckle
Apr 6, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Dreddout posted:

Philosophy majors need to make money somehow :shrug:

counterpoint: they don't

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

i never even heard of la croix until a few years ago. i'll just stick with buying flavored seltzer from a 20 ounce bottle
there's nothing new about these books. i remember there were ones about Seinfeld and The Simpsons in the late '90s

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

an actual dog posted:

this man appears to be the Dr. Bronner of Soda Pop.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

get that OUT of my face posted:

there's nothing new about these books. i remember there were ones about Seinfeld and The Simpsons in the late '90s

Yea I had "Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Philosophy" back in the day.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

WampaLord posted:

Yea I had "Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Philosophy" back in the day.

same. the philosophy majors I knew (and watched BtVS with) thought it was passable

Ogantai
Apr 21, 2003

Full of bologna

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tNQqLeE59s8

Is Disney teaching how to shoot Nazi tanks considered woke? Help it's 2017 and I can't keep track.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
I'd absolutely read The Simpsons and Philosophy, though I'm probably better off just getting drunk and derailing a TVIV thread.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Ogantai posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tNQqLeE59s8

Is Disney teaching how to shoot Nazi tanks considered woke? Help it's 2017 and I can't keep track.

first documented instance of getting extremely nude and mad

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

get that OUT of my face posted:

i never even heard of la croix until a few years ago. i'll just stick with buying flavored seltzer from a 20 ounce bottle

The age old philosophical question: Was that wrong?

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Last year Erin Bligh, the proprietor of Dancing Goats Dairy in Newbury, Mass., planned to introduce a new cheese — hard, with spicy peppers — called Madam President, in what she assumed would be a fromage homage to a historic election.

Then came the unexpected result: hard cheese indeed, in the Evelyn Waugh sense of the phrase.

“I’m like, ‘Oh drat, this is awful,’” said Ms. Bligh, 29, who has four full-time employees overseeing a herd of 45 goats. She renamed the cheese General Leia Organa, after the Rebel Alliance leader in “Star Wars,” and sent chunks to fortify friends attending the women’s march in Boston. “This is my small piece of the resistance,” a local customer told her, brandishing a wedge.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

Last year Erin Bligh, the proprietor of Dancing Goats Dairy in Newbury, Mass., planned to introduce a new cheese — hard, with spicy peppers — called Madam President, in what she assumed would be a fromage homage to a historic election.

Then came the unexpected result: hard cheese indeed, in the Evelyn Waugh sense of the phrase.

“I’m like, ‘Oh drat, this is awful,’” said Ms. Bligh, 29, who has four full-time employees overseeing a herd of 45 goats. She renamed the cheese General Leia Organa, after the Rebel Alliance leader in “Star Wars,” and sent chunks to fortify friends attending the women’s march in Boston. “This is my small piece of the resistance,” a local customer told her, brandishing a wedge.

there's no part of this that isn't completely awful

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

death to america

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

should've kept the name imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

if it ain't yellow and wrapped individually it ain't cheese and if you say otherwise, this is why trump won

Egg Moron has issued a correction as of 12:52 on Nov 23, 2017