Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MomJeans420
Mar 19, 2007

Late for burger and cheese curds chat, but here's the eyebrow-raisingly named Ken D.P. Challenge Burger at a bar in Jasper, Canada. Beef patty, chicken breast, duck breast, cheddar, mozzarella, and double bacon, served on a double order of poutine. There was some prize if you finished it, but no one did.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
I was able to get Steam to work remotely on another PC on my network without any extra hardware.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

MomJeans420 posted:

Late for burger and cheese curds chat, but here's the eyebrow-raisingly named Ken D.P. Challenge Burger at a bar in Jasper, Canada. Beef patty, chicken breast, duck breast, cheddar, mozzarella, and double bacon, served on a double order of poutine. There was some prize if you finished it, but no one did.

Well, it at least looks tasty and reasonably portioned, unlike this abomination with a similar theme.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TAQqdf2hlek

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

InitialDave posted:

I was able to get Steam to work remotely on another PC on my network without any extra hardware.

Yeah the idea behind the Steam Link is that you can just velcro it to the back of your living room TV and play games with your PS4 or Xbox controller or whatever. Or stream movies, or whatever. Without having to set up another computer, or whatever.

LloydDobler
Oct 15, 2005

You shared it with a dick.

In more positive news my company does holiday bonuses at the thanksgiving lunch, and then lets everyone go home early. And I just found out that my company gives really decent bonuses. This year was 7%. Basically makes up for the low salary. Not 100% but when you add in the perks like flexible work hours and no dress code, combined with a 20 minute commute, it all leaves me pretty satisfied, finally.

Now I can pay for my christmas vacation home and bring my daughter's car up to stage 0 just in time for winter.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

Yeah the idea behind the Steam Link is that you can just velcro it to the back of your living room TV and play games with your PS4 or Xbox controller or whatever. Or stream movies, or whatever. Without having to set up another computer, or whatever.
Ahh, ok, right. I don't have a TV, and have a media PC, so not really a factor for me.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

LloydDobler posted:

In more positive news my company does holiday bonuses at the thanksgiving lunch, and then lets everyone go home early. And I just found out that my company gives really decent bonuses. This year was 7%. Basically makes up for the low salary. Not 100% but when you add in the perks like flexible work hours and no dress code, combined with a 20 minute commute, it all leaves me pretty satisfied, finally.

Now I can pay for my christmas vacation home and bring my daughter's car up to stage 0 just in time for winter.

Nice. A 7% bonus would be nice, but I'd much rather just have a 7% raise, since that would keep on coming and not be subject to "sorry, bad year, no bonuses this year" crap.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

I found Larrymer’s car

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Don't doxx me bro

briefcasefullof
Sep 25, 2004
[This Space for Rent]
So with the Steam Link does the computer have to be able to run the game and stream it, or can I use the Steam account on my lovely laptop and play games decently?

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?
I dunno but Im addicted to KSP right now

Gingerbread House Music
Dec 1, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

QuarkMartial posted:

So with the Steam Link does the computer have to be able to run the game and stream it, or can I use the Steam account on my lovely laptop and play games decently?

The game runs on your pc, the link just gets it to your tv.

LloydDobler
Oct 15, 2005

You shared it with a dick.

The Locator posted:

Nice. A 7% bonus would be nice, but I'd much rather just have a 7% raise, since that would keep on coming and not be subject to "sorry, bad year, no bonuses this year" crap.

I agree, but beggars can't be choosers.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Adiabatic posted:

KSP is life, I restarted playing tonight too.

CommieGIR fucked around with this message at 03:38 on Nov 23, 2017

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Talking about KSP makes me think about the german rocketry technological ties that united the USSR's space program and the USA's in the dawn of the Space Race, and then the obvious russian connection makes me think about current politics, therefore I petition that this is another topic we cannot talk about because we're all small babbys.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Unrelated: I used to be able to lithobrake some nonsense onto the mun 8 times out of 11, but now I can't remember how to get into orbit. What??

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all

QuarkMartial posted:

Think of it as an infinite length HDMI+USB cable. If you have a decent comp and a decent network you can just lounge in your living room playing game/streaming media/running progs on your PC.

E: also supports wifi (caveat that you gotta have a decent wifi connection, ie: approaching 500 or more mbps) and bluetooth for stuff like bluetooth mice/keyboards/game controllers and audio headsets and soundbars.

spookykid fucked around with this message at 03:43 on Nov 23, 2017

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Ether Frenzy posted:

Unrelated: I used to be able to lithobrake some nonsense onto the mun 8 times out of 11, but now I can't remember how to get into orbit. What??

Correct answer: Add more boosters.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

Adiabatic posted:

Over 600 hours in that goddamn game.

briefcasefullof
Sep 25, 2004
[This Space for Rent]
I thought so. drat I need money to build a new PC.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NI9Hq0_Mhy0

This showed up in my youtube recommendations, thought you guys might be interested.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

mariooncrack posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NI9Hq0_Mhy0

This showed up in my youtube recommendations, thought you guys might be interested.

Meh, the Corvair got unfairly bashed, but it did draw immense attention to the lack of safety in designs, so its a double edged sword.

I love how he quickly bemoans automotive emissions and safety regulation as "Hobbling automotive performance".

At least at the end he acknowledges the changes made a good impact.

CommieGIR fucked around with this message at 04:11 on Nov 23, 2017

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?

Ether Frenzy posted:

Talking about KSP makes me think about the german rocketry technological ties that united the USSR's space program and the USA's in the dawn of the Space Race, and then the obvious russian connection makes me think about current politics, therefore I petition that this is another topic we cannot talk about because we're all small babbys.

You think too much.

The Royal Nonesuch
Nov 1, 2005

Adiabatic posted:

You think too much.

Are you a handmade gloppy cranberry sauce kinda guy, or a canned knife-sliced style fanatic?

Both answers are good, but on thanksgivings eve certain questions must be answered.

Gingerbread House Music
Dec 1, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
Crushed berry people are subhuman.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug
Canned gelatin is best.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Sliced. Who does it the other way?

Also the moment a bun splits apart, a hot dog transforms into a sandwich.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

CommieGIR posted:

Meh, the Corvair got unfairly bashed, but it did draw immense attention to the lack of safety in designs, so its a double edged sword.

I love how he quickly bemoans automotive emissions and safety regulation as "Hobbling automotive performance".

At least at the end he acknowledges the changes made a good impact.

I thought it was pretty fair, and it mirrored my own process on it. Growing up reading car mags it's easy to just eat up what they say.

And all of that safety / emissions regulation did hurt the industry pretty hard at first. It took them a long time to engineer out of that hole.

The Royal Nonesuch
Nov 1, 2005

CommieGIR posted:

Canned gelatin is best.

Nice try

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

IOwnCalculus posted:

And all of that safety / emissions regulation did hurt the industry pretty hard at first. It took them a long time to engineer out of that hole.

To be fair, they took a long time because they decided to drag on their asses and refuse to innovate till Japanese and German autos came the US and the oil crisis finally hit them in the pocket book.

Don't you ruin my fantasy.

monsterzero
May 12, 2002
-=TOPGUN=-
Boys who love airplanes :respek: Boys who love boys
Lipstick Apathy

The Royal Nonesuch posted:

Are you a handmade gloppy cranberry sauce kinda guy, or a canned knife-sliced style fanatic?

Both answers are good, but on thanksgivings eve certain questions must be answered.

We will have both tomorrow. I pity anyone who has to choose.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

monsterzero posted:

We will have both tomorrow. I pity anyone who has to choose.

Same. I *love* the former, and like the latter. So why not both?

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

I've been getting increasingly pissed off that forza horizon 3 was set in australia and didn't have a 73 ford falcon xb coupe in it. Because what the gently caress is the point of having a bunch of australian fords and holdens in the game if you didn't have that one?

Well, the game posted up a barn find rumor (where they give you a search area and you track down the barn containing an old iconic car) saying some dude in all torn up leather parked a car in a shed and then wandered into the wasteland to await the end of the world, go find it. Cue me dropping everything and hauling rear end to the circle. And yes, you can stick a blower on it. And it has the right shape on the air scoop and every thing. That fixed my one complaint with the game, I love it now. :haw:

Excuse me, I need to ride shiny and chrome.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
The only reason I go to sleep is because the Switch battery dies when playing BotW in bed.

The only reason I don't play BotW all day when docked is because sometimes the joycon batteries die.

Siochain
May 24, 2005

"can they get rid of any humans who are fans of shitheads like Kanye West, 50 Cent, or any other piece of crap "artist" who thinks they're all that?

And also get rid of anyone who has posted retarded shit on the internet."

Metal Geir Skogul posted:

The only reason I go to sleep is because the Switch battery dies when playing BotW in bed.

The only reason I don't play BotW all day when docked is because sometimes the joycon batteries die.

This is what Nintendo does that I have never, ever had another gaming company do - hook me so loving hard it hurts. BotW just blew me away when I got it earlier this year.

Once we're back from a garbage weekend (whee funeral :/) I'm gonna buy SMO to cheer myself up.

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

Ha! Told ya you’d be playing all night. I decided to keep my Super Mario odyssey in the package for Christmas. I got it for me/my kids and they are too little and don’t know about it so why not.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Zelda is amazing, Mario is only pretty good. Muuuuuch shorter than Zelda. And I'm not huge on platformers and the amount of collecting in that game for some reason.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I just ran my first 5K!

And not only did I NOT die but I managed it in under 45 minutes and came in in the middle third!

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

I LOVE Musk and his pro-first-amendment ways. X is the future.

Rhyno posted:

I just ran my first 5K!

And not only did I NOT die but I managed it in under 45 minutes and came in in the middle third!
Rhyno you've done amazing things and that's awesome.

C25k program?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Happy Thanksgiving jerks!

• Locked thread