Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bajaj
Sep 13, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
Chaoshan men make my pentis wet with their masculine powers of being unable to take care of themselves. They are Red Pill kings.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!

Outrail posted:

Posting what he did wasn't smart but you're blaming the victim here. The real idiots are whoever wrote those laws.

I'd blame the victim if he went to North Korea for dystopia tourism and started flipping the bird at the dynasty statues. When people make deliberately poor decisions while refusing to accept that they could be liable for the consequences? That's where you point, laugh, shrug and move on.

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EQ8ViYIeH04

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

LentThem posted:

Also linking the original pissing child mall elevator story here. He was 6 and squeezed out of the doors into the lining of the elevator shaft, then the doors shut. I guess with enough wriggling around he fell to the bottom. http://www.chaofanzhuan.net/Parenting/29102.html

The events surrounding this poor child's death manage to be even stupider than I had imagined possible.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all
Ever since having a kid, I've found it much harder to read those kinds of articles.

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

Outrail posted:

Posting what he did wasn't smart but you're blaming the victim here. The real idiots are whoever wrote those laws.

In Korea, the victim is the one who is Korean.

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Looks like the North Koreans subscribe to Strom Trooper weekly as they fired at the defector only meters away without him dying on the spot. He even knocks one of them down as he runs, he was that close to them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V74h4gqOH4I

His entire body must be balls of steel minus the parasites of course.

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

If you own an iPhone X, there is a chance your prized smartphone was built from forced labour of Chinese high school students.

Apple and its largest Chinese supplier, Foxconn, acknowledged that students did work in the latter's factories to assemble the iPhone X to keep up with the demand. Despite Apple and Foxconn saying the students volunteered to work at the factories, students told the Financial Times that they needed to work at the factories for three months to graduate high school.

A group of 3000 students ages 17 to 19 routinely worked 11 hours a day at the factory starting in September, which constituted illegal overtime work for student interns in China. One 18-year old girl told the Financial Times she assembled 1200 iPhone X cameras a day.

Apple told the Financial Times that an audit found there were indeed students working overtime but also insisted the students were voluntarily working and appropriately compensated.

Mike Daisey's a time traveller

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Mr. Fix It posted:

Mike Daisey's a time traveller

A lot of the stuff Mike Daisey said about apple wasn't true though.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

oohhboy posted:

Looks like the North Koreans subscribe to Strom Trooper weekly as they fired at the defector only meters away without him dying on the spot. He even knocks one of them down as he runs, he was that close to them.

Reminds me of that comic by that French animator - he goes into a Nork firing range and (paraphrased) 'Fired at the target with some soviet knockoff in some kind of Clint Eastwood/John Woo stance', then his two handlers (Who, as conscripts, actually had training in this) took up actual firing stances and placed their shots.

He still got a higher score than them.

I guess it makes sense, though. If you're a dictator and the biggest danger comes from your own generals, why would you fund their men's training to any particular standard?

WarpedNaba fucked around with this message at 10:07 on Nov 22, 2017

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011
Man I bet that KSA soldier who slipped and fell on his face is just getting razzed hard by his comrades lately

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

The parasites are controlling him like... one of those parasites that control insects.

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

A lot of the stuff Mike Daisey said about apple wasn't true though.

Wasn't true yet

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Dr.Radical posted:

Man I bet that KSA soldier who slipped and fell on his face is just getting razzed hard by his comrades lately
What're the odds that those soldiers are now being re-educated as we speak?

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.

oohhboy posted:

Maybe some of them missed on purpose? Unlikely, I know, but maybe there was some compassion at work.

Maybe the army should be able to get some actual loving food, instead of stealing it from the people they're purportedly protecting...then they could aim better, perhaps.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

Maybe some of them missed on purpose? Unlikely, I know, but maybe there was some compassion at work.

Maybe the army should be able to get some actual loving food, instead of stealing it from the people they're purportedly protecting...then they could aim better, perhaps.

The assumption that they missed on purpose has probably got them and their families in a death camp by now.

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011

WarpedNaba posted:

What're the odds that those soldiers are now being re-educated as we speak?

Well if you go to the Korea D&D thread you’ll find that actually living in North Korea is no worse than living in the US so I’m sure those soldiers are doing just fine.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

I'm surprised there aren't more obstacles on the border. I would have expected the north korean side to be full of razorwire and dragon's teeth specifically to prevent someone from just stealing a car and hightailing it across the border.

big time bisexual
Oct 16, 2002

Cool Party
https://twitter.com/phila_siu/status/932149488298295296

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

hakimashou posted:

The assumption that they missed on purpose has probably got them and their families in a death camp by now.

That's... definitely true.

E: they're setting up for a big MUN conference. The kid representing China is walking around with a Beijing bikini and pretending to spit. He used to live in Beijing and is really selling it; I can't stop laughing.

Fleta Mcgurn fucked around with this message at 13:57 on Nov 22, 2017

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Collateral Damage posted:

I'm surprised there aren't more obstacles on the border. I would have expected the north korean side to be full of razorwire and dragon's teeth specifically to prevent someone from just stealing a car and hightailing it across the border.

But no one would ever want to leave our beautiful homeland. Under the fatherly eye of Kim I'm Single, who is our sun, and

holy poo poo autocorrect, really???

ladron
Sep 15, 2007

eso es lo que es
those soldiers guarding that part of the border are supposed to be like the super elite commando guys, on both sides, and you can bet the fact the they hosed up means that they and their families, for THREE loving GENERATIONS, will be living in a prison camp, slowly dying painfully.

mrbotus
Apr 7, 2009

Patron of the Pants
I thought you were going to Spain or something.

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse

Dr.Radical posted:

Well if you go to the Korea D&D thread....

Always a mistake.

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse

Why would you hold your face up to that thing if you need to wipe your rear end. Makes you think.

Bajaj
Sep 13, 2017

by FactsAreUseless

LentThem posted:

Can we call this sort of laziness a cultural poison? Reminder that in China the purpose of a bicycle is for when walking is too tiring, not because you are trying to reach a destination more quickly. For reference heres the rental bike story Haier posted a while back: https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-10-30/uber-s-bruising-battle-in-china-is-being-refought-with-bicycles
I don't know if it was the same across China, but in Shenzhen the only people that would go more than a snail's pace and/or own their own bikes were those spandex-wearing dorks with the bike shorts, ill-fitting shirts, gloves, Dog the Bounty Hunter sunglasses, and whatever else the generic kit included. They all looked exactly the same and often rode in packs. One of the most annoying things about them is that they never had bells to alert you of their presence, but all of them would have some bluetooth speaker attached to the bike somewhere playing teenage girl music even though they were men in their 30s. If it wasn't Chinese piano ballads with female singers, it was Britney Spears and Taylor Swift blaring as they rode by. They would only ride in the most crowded parks, trying to go fast as possible despite there being too many people. It's like taking everything that might be fun about riding a bike and removing it, and then making a lifestyle out of it that costs thousands of dollars. I hated all of those dudes because they were so reckless and looked so drat stupid.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

nickmeister posted:

I thought you were going to Spain or something.

I am, I'm working in an international school.

Kharnifex
Sep 11, 2001

The Banter is better in AusGBS
Most of them have a bell built into the handle if you turn the handle, but know one knows this!

OWLS!
Sep 17, 2009

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

peanut posted:

The parasites are controlling him like... one of those parasites that control insects.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B7z2OtoVhfc

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

Bajaj posted:

I don't know if it was the same across China, but in Shenzhen the only people that would go more than a snail's pace and/or own their own bikes were those spandex-wearing dorks with the bike shorts, ill-fitting shirts, gloves, Dog the Bounty Hunter sunglasses, and whatever else the generic kit included. They all looked exactly the same and often rode in packs. One of the most annoying things about them is that they never had bells to alert you of their presence, but all of them would have some bluetooth speaker attached to the bike somewhere playing teenage girl music even though they were men in their 30s. If it wasn't Chinese piano ballads with female singers, it was Britney Spears and Taylor Swift blaring as they rode by. They would only ride in the most crowded parks, trying to go fast as possible despite there being too many people. It's like taking everything that might be fun about riding a bike and removing it, and then making a lifestyle out of it that costs thousands of dollars. I hated all of those dudes because they were so reckless and looked so drat stupid.

except for the bluetooth speakers you've just described the average american lycra warrior

big time bisexual
Oct 16, 2002

Cool Party
the daycare worker that force fed kids wasabi as punishment gets her own struggle session :stare:

https://my.mixtape.moe/dglqob.mp4

ladron
Sep 15, 2007

eso es lo que es

"in the presence of three other teachers who didn’t bother to intervene."

shocking

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

i'm ok with this

Bajaj
Sep 13, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
An oldie, but a goodie:

https://www.elitereaders.com/millions-fake-condoms-china-exports/

Why does everything made in China contain heavy metals?

jizzy sillage
Aug 13, 2006

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/asiapacific/electric-trackless-trains-launched-in-china-9356606

China world leader in trackless electric trains with rubber wheels by 2020 (it follows painted lines, one might say it's a...track).

Also lol 10 minutes of charge for 25km travelled, normal buses can't keep to timetables let alone if they had to refuel every 25km.

ladron
Sep 15, 2007

eso es lo que es

Bajaj posted:

Why does everything made in China contain heavy metals?

time to get your dick x-rayed, plunger

jizzy sillage
Aug 13, 2006

If Bajaj walks near the MRI room in a hospital he gets ripped through the walls by the dick and stuck to the machine, it's very dangerous.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Name: Katy Perry

Appearance: Blond at the time of going to press.

She changes her look a lot? Possibly hourly.

Where does she ply her trade? Anywhere and everywhere. Except China.

What’s she got against China? Nothing. She’s banned. The Chinese authorities have reportedly refused Perry a visa to perform at a forthcoming Victoria’s Secret fashion show in Shanghai.

What did she do to upset them? She wore a glittery dress with sunflowers all over it.

You mean she was banned on grounds of taste? Not exactly. The dress, which she wore during a 2015 concert in Taipei, appeared to support Taiwanese anti-China protesters, who have a sunflower as their emblem.

Was she trying to be politically provocative? Probably not – the dress had featured in prior shows on the tour – but then she went on to wear a Republic of China – ie Taiwan – flag as a cape.

And the People’s Republic wasn’t happy. They don’t recognise the republic and claim Taiwan as their territory. They’re pretty touchy about that sort of thing.

Have any other entertainers been banned from China? Oh my, yes. Maroon 5 were forced to scrap two concerts in 2015, reportedly after their keyboard player sent a birthday tweet to the Dalai Lama.

Whoops. Lady Gaga was refused entry to China because of her support for Tibet, as were Björk and Oasis. Justin Bieber has also been banned.

What did he get banned for? Non-specific idiocy.

Fair enough. Does Perry have a big following in China? She does. Among her Chinese fanbase she is known affectionately as “Fruit Sister”.

Why do they call her that? Due to her habit of wearing fruit-themed costumes on stage, and performing with outsize fruit-shaped props.

Does she care if she never goes to China again? It would mean a cut in income – China is a huge market for western entertainers.

What are her chances of getting a visa in the future? Never say never. In July the Chinese culture bureau said: “We hope Justin Bieber is able to improve his conduct as he grows up and will once again find public favour.”

Do say: “Perry deserves the right to free political expression, however inadvertent.”

Don’t say: “Stick to fruit, sister.”

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

jizzy sillage posted:

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/asiapacific/electric-trackless-trains-launched-in-china-9356606

China world leader in trackless electric trains with rubber wheels by 2020 (it follows painted lines, one might say it's a...track).

Also lol 10 minutes of charge for 25km travelled, normal buses can't keep to timetables let alone if they had to refuel every 25km.

Sooo, a bendy bus. What will China think of next? A 2 level bus?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oX2YOjU1IMw&t=37s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Great Autismo!
Mar 3, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

the Chinese are a communal and kindhearted culture and really care about other Chinese, do you know?

• Locked thread