Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Fuckin' white people get so upset about being told they can't have something, or can't be part of something. See also literally every time some famous idiot says the N word. "But they can say it!"

Can't fuckin' handle being told no.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
https://twitter.com/randygdub/status/933511545518043138

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Sarcopenia posted:

I seriously fear that I'll forget everything my mindset, faults, hardship and everything I fought for in my youth. I know so many people who got steady career jobs and children who went from extremely left wing to horribly libertarian/conservative in a minute. They talk about their children like they're property or investments.

I get older and I earn more money and I think to myself "yeah that's a fair bit of tax but I'm managing to offset it some and I live in a country with free healthcare and good roads and services so I'm OK with that". Some people I know around my age (early 40s) see their yearly tax withheld amount and then go "What the gently caress am I paying all of this for so some lazy shithead can live off welfare gently caress all that", neatly forgetting the times they were in university, living off welfare and getting a basically-free tertiary education.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Holy gently caress, I hit on a gold mine. Hey, did you hear that the Girl Scouts say that children don't "owe" hugs and not to force them to hug people they don't want to hug? Because apparently they're monsters for allowing children bodily autonomy.

HOT TAKE ALERT:

Warning, stupid spelling of Madison ahead:

And here is my favorite by far, the super loving creepy, paranoid man who literally cannot read, now with a side of "kids are objects":

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 11 hours!
Anything that somehow compromises their absolute authority over another human being is treated with scorn, ridicule, hostility, and paranoia. They'll scream about how Liberals are hypersensitive and overreact to everything while being completely ignorant of their own tone.

Tarantula
Nov 4, 2009

No go ahead stand in the fire, the healer will love the shit out of you.
On fashion chat, i'm pretty jealous of women wearing dresses when I have to suffer through hot and humid weather in the tropics, not that I could pull off a dress but still, maybe if robes came into fashion in really hot places that would be nice.

trickybiscuits
Jan 13, 2008

yospos

Midnight Voyager posted:

Holy gently caress, I hit on a gold mine. Hey, did you hear that the Girl Scouts say that children don't "owe" hugs and not to force them to hug people they don't want to hug? Because apparently they're monsters for allowing children bodily autonomy.

HOT TAKE ALERT:

Warning, stupid spelling of Madison ahead:

And here is my favorite by far, the super loving creepy, paranoid man who literally cannot read, now with a side of "kids are objects":

God drat you beat me to this. And thank you for including Joey Dumas. I am about 50/50 on whether he's serious or coming close to being a pretty amusing troll but missing horribly at the last second.

Panfilo posted:

Anything that somehow compromises their absolute authority over another human being is treated with scorn, ridicule, hostility, and paranoia. They'll scream about how Liberals are hypersensitive and overreact to everything while being completely ignorant of their own tone.
They think it means, teach children not to hug. loving people can't be bothered to read articles before commenting on them.

And what is with all the comments about "don't tell me how to raise my kids"? Do they listen to experts in other situations or just give their babies bottles full of water and when they start convulsing from water intoxication swaddle them up and put them facedown on a pile of lead paint?

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.
Idk my parents always told me give my great aunt a kiss when we were getting out of the car to go in for Christmas and I did it despite it being gross and I'm no worse for the wear

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
Is he promoting conspiracy theories now? :psyduck:

https://twitter.com/PreetBharara/status/933554260624764928

Bah, you can't see it in this embedding (because why have consistent Twitter embeddings?! Who would want that?!

"The speech that probably cost him his life....but, that's what heroes do. God bless America's last real president."

trickybiscuits
Jan 13, 2008

yospos

YA BOY ETHAN COUCH posted:

Idk my parents always told me give my great aunt a kiss when we were getting out of the car to go in for Christmas and I did it despite it being gross and I'm no worse for the wear
The idea is to teach children early on that they get a say in who touches them. A lot of molesters start with nonsexual touching to groom children. Also some stories in the comments from women who had to hug and kiss relatives who groped them.

Tarantula posted:

On fashion chat, i'm pretty jealous of women wearing dresses when I have to suffer through hot and humid weather in the tropics, not that I could pull off a dress but still, maybe if robes came into fashion in really hot places that would be nice.
Men need more fashion options. Oddly this may be an area in which white men are worse off. Men of color can wear tunics and robes like kimonos, djellabahs and dashikis, or wrapped garments like sarongs. They'll get attention for it, but they have the option. White men can either wear a kilt (Scots only) or a utilikilt (oh god).

White linen pants and guayabara shirts are pretty cool in the heat, but I think legally you have to be an old Cuban guy to wear them.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
More from super weirdo Joey Dumas!

I had to hug tons of total strangers who I didn't know the names of just because they were distant relatives or saw me when I was a baby or were in the church. I no longer like being touched in any way and hugs make me mildly nauseous, but I do it anyway because crippling guilt.

don't force kids to let people touch them, it's weird

Soviet Commubot
Oct 22, 2008

BioEnchanted posted:

Hell, the only english words actually from England anymore (IE the pre-AngloSaxon Celtic language) are place names, IIRC. It would be great to see one of these idiots go back in time to see "pure" pre-invasion english, AKA the language of the Britons before the many invasions, and have it be a completely alien language to them, Anglo-Saxon basically replaced it. Welsh is old British, English is corrupted German, the Britons that didn't flee to france to escape the the Angles, Saxons, Jutes and Romans went north and west and became the Welsh and the Scots, wiping out the Picts at the time. It was a massive global game of Musical Chairs.

Komzet 'vez c'hoazh brezhoneg gant bretoned 'zo e Frañs...

cptn_dr posted:

An update: Yellow didn't respond to Red's post, but he did report it to FB and it was removed.

Way to loving go, Facebook.

That poo poo was a loving rollercoaster and I super hate pretty much everyone but Red. Holy gently caress.

psutify
Oct 19, 2012
Guess what previously bipartisan political opinion is now being turned into a chance to own libs?

https://twitter.com/amillennialdog/status/933471069079556097

Poor Miserable Gurgi
Dec 29, 2006

He's a wisecracker!

Idiots on Social Media: Hugging is something unique to the Southern Culture

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.

Midnight Voyager posted:

More from super weirdo Joey Dumas!

Idiots On Social Media: Hugging Properly Is Southern Culture

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

trickybiscuits posted:

The idea is to teach children early on that they get a say in who touches them. A lot of molesters start with nonsexual touching to groom children. Also some stories in the comments from women who had to hug and kiss relatives who groped them.

Men need more fashion options. Oddly this may be an area in which white men are worse off. Men of color can wear tunics and robes like kimonos, djellabahs and dashikis, or wrapped garments like sarongs. They'll get attention for it, but they have the option. White men can either wear a kilt (Scots only) or a utilikilt (oh god).

White linen pants and guayabara shirts are pretty cool in the heat, but I think legally you have to be an old Cuban guy to wear them.

I am a white male. I own and wear two kurtas because a Bangladeshi coworker wore one to work once and it owned so hard I felt the earth move. He explained the difference in embroidery, and how the fancy one he was wearing was more of a special occasion thing than an every day thing. Then, I went out and bought one with enough sequins and bedazzling to blind anyone who looks straight at it, because hell yeah. The only thing stopping white dudes from wearing cool poo poo is their own timidity. White Europeans, anyway. I have plenty of white coworkers from, like, North Africa, who wear cool hats and cotton man-dresses and stuff.

The Irish also have kilts. It doesn’t really matter, though. You can be, like, Basque-Slovenian, and wear a kilt, and people will just assume you are Scottish or Irish.

Alien Sex Manual
Dec 14, 2010

is not a sandwich

trickybiscuits posted:

And what is with all the comments about "don't tell me how to raise my kids"? Do they listen to experts in other situations or just give their babies bottles full of water and when they start convulsing from water intoxication swaddle them up and put them facedown on a pile of lead paint?

Have you ever seen comments on a story about how the experts say that physical discipline/spanking is traumatic for kids and leads to negative outcomes in their future? Because they are just full of people who know that not smacking your kid is going to make them a criminal/junkie/liberal.

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

I've been seeing a lot of Ajit Pai as Hitler macros on social media due to the net neutrality thing.

But then you respond with something like "gently caress nazis" and the same people are all "hold on now don't be hasty"

This is truly an issue to split the internet right since Ajit Pai is a republican serving under the meme king republican president.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

mmmm you say that but now you post on something awful so I dunno

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

I went to school with a Hindu guy who did Scottish dancing with his mother. He looked excellent in a kilt.

NO FUCK YOU DAD
Oct 23, 2008
People are losing their minds about hugs because of #MeToo. A friend of mine who's usually pretty normal keeps filling out group chats with screeds about how it's unfair guys keep losing their jobs for "just hugging" or "just asking for sex".

I cannot get my head around how "just don't loving touch people" is so difficult. I manage to do my dumb job without hugging or propositioning anyone so I'm sure these big smart big shots can too.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

psutify posted:

Guess what previously bipartisan political opinion is now being turned into a chance to own libs?

Oh my, of course this is a thing.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Survivorship bias is a notoriously weak argument.

Gitro
May 29, 2013

Libertarian unpleasantly comfortable with fascist in halls of power? Colour me shocked.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

NO gently caress YOU DAD posted:

People are losing their minds about hugs because of #MeToo. A friend of mine who's usually pretty normal keeps filling out group chats with screeds about how it's unfair guys keep losing their jobs for "just hugging" or "just asking for sex".

I cannot get my head around how "just don't loving touch people" is so difficult. I manage to do my dumb job without hugging or propositioning anyone so I'm sure these big smart big shots can too.

You sound like you don't feel a sense of entitlement to other people's bodies as a reward. You are decent. They likely will never be.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

jivjov posted:

Survivorship bias is a notoriously weak argument.

I can think of at least two occasions when I was a kid when I was too freaked out to go hug an infirm and dying relative, and now I feel sick with remorse about that.

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

NO gently caress YOU DAD posted:

Send your friend this article because it's never "just" that stuff.

Frosty Mossman
Feb 17, 2011

"I Guess Somebody Fixed All the Problems" -- Confused Citizen

BioEnchanted posted:

Veni Vidi Vici is actually pronounced Weni Weedi Weeki in the original latin

#ruimpressed :downs:
Sort of. The IPA is [ˈweːniː ˈwiːdiː ˈwiːkiː], yeah, and I don't know how you pronounce "Weni", but if I read that like it was English it comes out closer to ['wi:ni:], which already sounds a lot less impressive.

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

When I was a kid I was always taught it with a hard v. What's changed in linguistics to make the w sound the favoured pronunciation ?

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.

Strom Cuzewon posted:

When I was a kid I was always taught it with a hard v. What's changed in linguistics to make the w sound the favoured pronunciation ?

Someone went back in time and called Caesar a Weenie. His response was "Cur?"

The intended joke is that Caesar heard it as the person announcing that they had come, and asking why they did so.

BioEnchanted has a new favorite as of 17:07 on Nov 23, 2017

Grimdude
Sep 25, 2006

It was a shame how he carried on

trickybiscuits posted:

God drat you beat me to this. And thank you for including Joey Dumas. I am about 50/50 on whether he's serious or coming close to being a pretty amusing troll but missing horribly at the last second.

They think it means, teach children not to hug. loving people can't be bothered to read articles before commenting on them.

Yeah I saw this poo poo this morning and wanted to post it here. SOOOO many people getting suspiciously angry at people suggesting that you don't force kids to hug people. I'll go ahead and break down why someone would be so incredibly hostile to this idea:

a) they hate being told that anything you do could possibly not be 100% the right thing to do
b) they're a loving idiot who just reacts to anything "liberal" with hostility
c) they want permission to touch kids and it to be okay

I don't have percentages, but I think it just about covers the groups.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
Yeah, my local news channel's Facebook ran an iteration of the same story and the comments are full of idiots. A fourth category of responses I'm seeing boil down to "wow, guess loving your family isn't okay anymore". Although I guess that's a subcategory of the "teach kids not to hug" Group.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

jivjov posted:

Yeah, my local news channel's Facebook ran an iteration of the same story and the comments are full of idiots. A fourth category of responses I'm seeing boil down to "wow, guess loving your family isn't okay anymore". Although I guess that's a subcategory of the "teach kids not to hug" Group.

I like how it never seems to occur to them that THE KID WILL GLADLY HUG PEOPLE THEY WANT TO HUG! Kids in my family will run up and hug me before I get in the drat door! If they're holding back, there's gotta be a reason, even if it ends up being a dumb kid one. People just ascribe blind, dumb innocence to children when it really doesn't fit, especially considering the droll and perspicacious observations children tend to make.

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

Brawnfire posted:

I like how it never seems to occur to them that THE KID WILL GLADLY HUG PEOPLE THEY WANT TO HUG! Kids in my family will run up and hug me before I get in the drat door! If they're holding back, there's gotta be a reason, even if it ends up being a dumb kid one. People just ascribe blind, dumb innocence to children when it really doesn't fit, especially considering the droll and perspicacious observations children tend to make.

There's got to be a significant overlap between adults that think "I want to hit my kid when they do things I don't like." and "I want to force my kid to hug me, even if they don't want to (because I hit them)."

Frosty Mossman
Feb 17, 2011

"I Guess Somebody Fixed All the Problems" -- Confused Citizen

Strom Cuzewon posted:

Maybe wherever you were taught went for ecclesiastical Latin? On the other hand, my school definitely favoured classical and taught [v] instead of [w] too, so I dunno.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.

BioEnchanted posted:

The intended joke is that Caesar heard it as the person announcing that they had come, and asking why they did so.

Was the answer "no-one"?

I.C.
Jun 10, 2008

This person is a hoot. He starts out saying he's glad his daughter isn't in Girl Scouts, then finishes with "Funny how you only hear about these organizations is when they do something like this. You never hear anything good that they do."

Dog bites man isn't a news story. Man bites dog is. Girl Scouts doing good isn't a news story, either...

Here's the statement from Girl Scouts:
http://www.girlscouts.org/en/raising-girls/happy-and-healthy/happy/what-is-consent.html

Organization hell-bent on destroying the very fabric of America posted:

Give your girl the space to decide when and how she wants to show affection. Of course, many children may naturally want to hug and kiss family members, friends, and neighbors, and that’s lovely—but if your daughter is reticent, don’t force her. Of course, this doesn’t give her license to be rude! There are many other ways to show appreciation, thankfulness, and love that don’t require physical contact. Saying how much she’s missed someone or thank you with a smile, a high-five, or even an air kiss are all ways she can express herself, and it’s important that she knows she gets to choose which feels most comfortable to her.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

BioEnchanted posted:

What?

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

psutify posted:

I was thinking yesterday how the frogfuckers will reconcile their desire to make leftists cry with having their 4chan/Reddit connections behind a paywall and I'm somehow not surprised it turned out like this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

Labes for days posted:

Have you ever seen comments on a story about how the experts say that physical discipline/spanking is traumatic for kids and leads to negative outcomes in their future? Because they are just full of people who know that not smacking your kid is going to make them a criminal/junkie/liberal.